PDA

View Full Version : Radio ad for Dallas van Hagar show

David Lee Rocks
05-01-2004, 09:32 PM
92.5 kzps in Dallas has been saying they are gonna give away tickets before you can buy them for Van halen all next week, now I thought It very interesting every song snippett they played for the ad was a Roth era song, not ONE Hagar, seems odd to me

mewisemagic
05-01-2004, 10:20 PM
im with ya,i was so pissed off friday to hear the ad for the concert,and i think 5 of 7 songs were "dave era"songs..which is a total fuckin rip off to the fans that arent quite as familiar as we are with the current line up....i thing 93.3 the bone are running similar ads,the only thing ive noticed on kzps is that most of the djs try to emphasize that sam and not dave is what you will get for 100.00 a seat..and to set the record straight,ive seen dave in dallas every show since 1981,including the 1994 show at deep ellum live,i walked away from that first show in 81 with a feeling that cant be explained in words,,and ive felt it eveytime ive seen dave since...i saw van hagar one time,1986 at tarrant county convention center,and the only feeling i got from that was remedied in 20 minutes with a bottle of pepto-bismol...i cant imagine the disappointment that most of these people will be stricken with after seeing the current line-up,notice i said people,not fans..cause most fans like me will be staying home this time around,iit still kills me to have heard eddie say in 1996,that to tour with dave would have embarrased the fans,well what the fuck is he doing now???

SheAintWaiting
05-01-2004, 10:24 PM
I think this may have as much to do with the general
smarminess of am/fm radio than anything to do with
The Sisters and the Fat Sandalled Poodle. On XM
radio channel The Boneyard they were talking about the
tour and were very clear to tell everyone that it was
SAM that was gonna be with VH, and not Dave.
And then they played "Runnin' With The Devil". :)

SheAintWaiting

NathanRay
05-01-2004, 10:31 PM
Eddie is Such a Salad Tossing A-hole. He Chose Gary Cherone over Diamond David Lee Roth in 1996. That proved an utter failure. Vh3 was written on the toilet, while Eddie Van Halen was dealing with bowel troubles, and he even said it. "Fire in the Hole" o yeah I bet. Real Creative insight there. Eddie was On Fire when he was with roth. He was mediocre to annoying as a guitarist with Hagar. Now he plays through a bunch of So What gear. He wants Puppets not bandmates.

NathanRay
05-01-2004, 10:33 PM
Where am I going???? Yeah he's a lazy bastard. They're All Sellout Faggots just listen to their ads.

NathanRay
05-01-2004, 10:35 PM
Respect the great catalog of VH bullshit.........
The Great catalog Starts and Ends With Roth.

NathanRay
05-01-2004, 10:38 PM
Don't Play his shit For your Ad Unless.....

David lee Gonna be there.

Gary and Ed did roth songs and I respect Gary for understanding his role as a puppet but got Edward to play those songs I would of done the same.....Unless I sung the songs so crappily.

But Did they Advertise it??????

GAR
05-01-2004, 10:41 PM
HEY THIS IS HAPPENING FROM COAST TO COAST~!

They keep promoting via Radio with song-snips from Roth Halen.

One would almost be inclined to think you would be HEARing these grate™ songs, were you naiive enough to buy a ticket for the show.

I think it's a financial crime of misleading the public thru false advertising when Sammy Hagar is singing this round, and they should catch him, beat him and flogg him worser'n what they did to the guy in "Passion Of the Christ" for this evil misrepresentation of classic Van Halen. it is just not right.

NathanRay
05-01-2004, 10:46 PM
LoL Tru' Dat Tru' Dat

Jano
05-02-2004, 12:09 PM
well ,sometime i feel lucky to be in France like that i can't listen to those crappy had that you guys are talking about!I 'm seek just to ear about it!

DAVE is VAN HALEN,fuck the rest!!!!

hotdog@ a shake
05-03-2004, 12:43 AM
I wuz on my way home tonite and turned the box on to our local "Classic Rock" station outta Raliegh, NC (106.1 RDU).

well, well...on comes the 'ol VH info-mercial ad 4 the Greensboro show in June and what's playin' in the background???

"Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love", baby...WTF?

also heard "Panama" in there, as well az "Runnin' W/ The Devil".

the dj joked about how Spam wuz frontin' the band again and started goin' off about the hi ticket prices... went right into "CGTSNM"... guess Dave wuz right about that one!

I wonder jus WHY? if there not playing or singing ROTH era tunez, WHY the fuck r they promoting there pathetic, so called "reunion" tour, w/ ROTH era tunez???

dave_is_vh
05-03-2004, 12:46 AM
The average rock fan does not recognize any Van Hagar songs.