X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

Clemens to REJOIN the Yankees

So get this...during the seventh inning of the game today...

The Yankee Public address announcer tells the crowd to look up at a box...I don't know if it was the announcers box...the PA Box or what...

but there was Clemens...with a microphone...who announced that he was once again, a Yankee.

Clemens signed, or will sign a minor league contract, get into shape, before making a billion dollars a month...

fortunate for the Yankees...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

<a href="http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070506&content_id=1949377&vkey=n ews_nyy&fext=.jsp&c_id=nyy">Here's the article from the official Yankee site...</a>

He was in the owners box...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• WARF
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

I wanted him to finish up his career at fenway.

Comment

• chi-town324
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Feb 2007

big shock..Andy Pettite is his little bitch...they go everywhere together..they still wont win

Comment

• ALinChainz
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Glad I didn't bail on him in fantasy, maybe he can help me too.

My pitching sucks baboon balls.

Comment

• PlexiBrown
            Commando
            • Mar 2006

Let's Go Mets.
            And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

Will someone please be a dear and wake me up when the Steelers start training camp ???

Preesh.....
              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• chi-town324
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Feb 2007

fuck the Yankees...

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I cant believe that EVH didnt start this thread...and I was gonna kill him for it, too...
                  Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
                    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Ahem...

Des-par-a-tion (clap, clap, clapclapclap)
                    Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

So someone on SoSH (Sox board I belong to) was speculating on the comments that Clemens made (regarding the conversation that he (Clemens) had with The Boss...Clemens said the talk "pulled on his heartstrings"...)

The speculation was that maybe George is failing health-wise and he wants #27 before he dies...
                      Last edited by Dave's PA Rental; 05-06-2007, 08:31 PM.

Comment

• chi-town324
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Feb 2007

I hope they go right in the dumper...Clemens can still pitch, but he is not what he used to be..

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
                          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by chi-town324
                          I hope they go right in the dumper...Clemens can still pitch, but he is not what he used to be..
                          You mean stay in the dumper. Unless he starts pitching complete games, he will have to rely on the ALREADY exhausted Yankee bullpen to save games for him. It will be like 1996 for him all over again, when the Sox would lose his starts 4-3, or he'd get a ND after the bullpen gave up tying runs...

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

It makes the Yankees a better team, but Clemens the savior of the Yankees? I think not.

And how does Cashman still have a job?

Comment

• cMb
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Feb 2007

Who's more washed up at this point, Clemens or Johson?

The Bankees will buy up any available relievers at the trading deadline. Then they'll have another early exit from the post-season, anyway...

Comment

Working...