Watch and listen to this video of Just Like Paradise from 2004.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RuzDNailz
    Foot Soldier
    • Nov 2004

Watch and listen to this video of Just Like Paradise from 2004.

I've seen a couple of DLR bootleg videos on Youtube and discovered something interesting. Even when I saw him in concert, he spoke the song instead of singing it and even forgot some words. But this video is quite different. This concert is from Mardi Gras 2004 at the House of Blues. If you can find more videos from this show, then you will see what I mean. Notice how he SINGS ALL THE LYRICS in tune with the original recording (Skyscraper). Watch this video and watch another bootleg of Dave performing Just Like Paradise. Feel free to spill your guts on what you think of this video. To me, this is one of Dave's BEST live performance of Just Like Paradise.
    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IyWNieIjbTc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IyWNieIjbTc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

I guess nobody feels free, eh ??

Anyway...

I listened to this three or four times while ironing clothes in preparation for a funeral this morning...

A member of our youth ministry, who's 16th birthday was to be this Sunday, was killed in an auto accident on Saturday night...

He's survived by his parents, a teenage sister, and an older brother...

As far as the video...

I'm trying to decide what's worse, Brian Young's lousy attempt at a lousy song, or Dave's lousy attempt at singing rather than talking his forgotten lyrics...

Hmmm...

I'm going with Brian...

This video is further evidence that he pretty much sucks...

Comment

• Polk High
      Sniper
      • Jan 2004

Dude I fully agree, the first time I saw Dave play that song live I hated it but I saw him on tour that year down in baltimore and that song just kicked ass, he did the same thing where he actually sang the whole song.

As far as Byoung I'll take him any day, that was dave's best tour he just went out and had fun and kicked ass.
      We're gonna leave you smokin like the slow guy in Chernobyl

Comment

• cdwillis
        Head Fluffer
        • Feb 2005

Awesome. I thought he played just Van Halen tunes the last few tours.
        "I've always been academic. I've trained in martial arts since my 12th birthday. I like contact sports, history books and the fine art of ridicule and sarcasm. I can gang-sign the alphabet and I own a Mercury low-rider. I am a black man trapped in a Jewish body."

Comment

• ace diamond
          Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

well, while i agree with dave dropping this tune from his set.......i disagree with dave only doing cvh songs in concert at his solo shows.

i actually liked when it used to be an even mix of cvh and dlr tunes.

he hasn't done that in a long time now, and i really wish he would.

don't get me wrong,i would much prefer dave to be in vh, but if he is gonna play with his own band he should at least mix it up a bit.
          Originally posted by hideyoursheep
          When Hagar speaks, I want to cut off my ears and send them to Bristol Palin.
          "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond

Comment

• lonnieg5
            Roadie
            • Jul 2005

Remember back when Dave was in Van Halen how he just "bounced" all over the stage? Somewhere along the way he's just started walking the stage. Watch the Largo video then watch this. You'll see what I mean.

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

Ummm...

Let's see...

Dave was like 27 in the Largo video and he's like 50 in "this"...

Comment

• indeedido
                Veteran
                • Feb 2004

All the emphasis is on him, no VH to take the load or Vai or anyone worth seeing. Be nice to see Dave with a little more energy, he does seem a little awkward.
                This space for rent.

Comment

• lonnieg5
                  Roadie
                  • Jul 2005

It's not just his age. Now that i think about it, his stage presence changed almost as soon as he left VH. I guess dancing around the stage is a better word than bouncing. But after he left VH, even though all the jumps and kicks were still there, he started walking instead of dancing. Watch some of the old videos, you'll see exactly what I mean.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by ELVIS
                    I guess nobody feels free, eh ??

Anyway...

I listened to this three or four times while ironing clothes in preparation for a funeral this morning...

A member of our youth ministry, who's 16th birthday was to be this Sunday, was killed in an auto accident on Saturday night...

He's survived by his parents, a teenage sister, and an older brother...

That's terrible.

How was this dealt with by your church?

He was lucky because he got into heaven early?
                    God should be thanked because he gave him at least 15 years?
                    God is scary so pray more and maybe it won't happen to your kids?

Cheers!

Comment

• Polk High
                      Sniper
                      • Jan 2004

Its called he had to sing the songs
                      We're gonna leave you smokin like the slow guy in Chernobyl

Comment

• jero
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jan 2004

I love the song, always did....

Comment

• binnie
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • May 2006

Never really cared for that song much, although it always cheers me up despite that fact.

This performance is pretty good from Dave, I agree; but I've got to agree with Elvis as far as Brian goes - not a very inspiring performance is it?
                          The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• DaveTheSoulOfVH
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Feb 2004

9 videos of the same show :

Comment

• binnie
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • May 2006

Originally posted by DaveTheSoulOfVH
                              9 videos of the same show :
                              http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showt...0&pagenumber=1
                              Cheers!
                              The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

Working...