Ever notice that all Van Hagar songs sound the same?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dave_is_vh
    Sniper
    • Apr 2004

Ever notice that all Van Hagar songs sound the same?

It seems like all Van Hagar songs sound the same and are indistinguishable from each other. They all have the same whiny mono tone high pitched yelping from Fagar, virtually identical sounding guitar riffs from Ed, about the same "too slow to really rock" tempo, and the same generic, "I want to be played on the radio at any cost" sound. Anyone else here agree?
    "Bumper sticker on my rocket's ass: go home, the earth is full." DLR
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

Well...if they want to be played on the radio...they aren't doing such a good job...

Of course...I've lost all respect to our rock station here in Raleigh...normally a Roth staple....I heard...yeah...you are hearing this right...I heard..."Feel's Good"...Feel So Good...whatever the fuck it's called...as the end of a "Van Halen" Rock block...

morons...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• GAR
      Banned
      • Jan 2004

like an anthem without a cause

Comment

• dave_is_vh
        Sniper
        • Apr 2004

Well put GAR.

Comment

• secrets
          Foot Soldier
          • Apr 2004

I can't say I agree. I don't like Van Hagar but I don't think their songs all sound the same. Sure you can regognise the band right away but that's different.
          Achtung Baby I say, I say...

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by secrets
            I can't say I agree. I don't like Van Hagar but I don't think their songs all sound the same. Sure you can regognise the band right away but that's different.
            You're right theres the "Honey I'm so sorry" type songs and the "Honey I wanna make a commitment" type songs. Then theres the wanna be hard rockers to show how edgy they all are.

Comment

• Lou

What I think is the most funny aspect of Van Hagar is that they were STILL doing love ballads in 1995 even though that shit was well out of style by then.

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

" I got my ASS against the record machine.........Edward knows what I mean.......might as well jump......WHEN MY WIFE SAYS SO I JUMP!"

Comment

• thefive

Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
                  You're right theres the "Honey I'm so sorry" type songs and the "Honey I wanna make a commitment" type songs. Then theres the wanna be hard rockers to show how edgy they all are.

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
                    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

"ALEX ALEX ALEX ALEX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Comment

• dave_is_vh
                      Sniper
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
                      Fucking hilarious. And true!

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

don't know...never waste(d) my time listening to that crap...
                        Roth Army Icon
                        First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Panamark
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Spammy's instantly annoying vocal style is a constant. So yeah, I would agree that they all sound similar. I really avoid listening to them, as I tend to start smashing innocent objects.
                          BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                          Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
                            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by Panamark
                            Spammy's instantly annoying vocal style is a constant. So yeah, I would agree that they all sound similar. I really avoid listening to them, as I tend to start smashing innocent objects.
                            If a Spammy song came on while driving I'd probably drive off the side of the road hoping the impact would give me short term amnesia, so i wouldnt remember hearing it!

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
                              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

"Ed come get your balls back, I still have them in a jar under my bed"

Comment

Working...