PDA

View Full Version : Ever notice that all Van Hagar songs sound the same?

dave_is_vh
05-02-2004, 12:53 PM
It seems like all Van Hagar songs sound the same and are indistinguishable from each other. They all have the same whiny mono tone high pitched yelping from Fagar, virtually identical sounding guitar riffs from Ed, about the same "too slow to really rock" tempo, and the same generic, "I want to be played on the radio at any cost" sound. Anyone else here agree?

POJO_Risin
05-02-2004, 01:02 PM
Well...if they want to be played on the radio...they aren't doing such a good job...

Of course...I've lost all respect to our rock station here in Raleigh...normally a Roth staple....I heard...yeah...you are hearing this right...I heard..."Feel's Good"...Feel So Good...whatever the fuck it's called...as the end of a "Van Halen" Rock block...

morons...

GAR
05-02-2004, 01:38 PM
like an anthem without a cause

dave_is_vh
05-02-2004, 01:42 PM
Well put GAR.

secrets
05-02-2004, 06:08 PM
I can't say I agree. I don't like Van Hagar but I don't think their songs all sound the same. Sure you can regognise the band right away but that's different.

Bill Lumbergh
05-02-2004, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by secrets
I can't say I agree. I don't like Van Hagar but I don't think their songs all sound the same. Sure you can regognise the band right away but that's different.

You're right theres the "Honey I'm so sorry" type songs and the "Honey I wanna make a commitment" type songs. Then theres the wanna be hard rockers to show how edgy they all are.

Lou
05-02-2004, 06:15 PM
What I think is the most funny aspect of Van Hagar is that they were STILL doing love ballads in 1995 even though that shit was well out of style by then.

Bill Lumbergh
05-02-2004, 06:15 PM
" I got my ASS against the record machine.........Edward knows what I mean.......might as well jump......WHEN MY WIFE SAYS SO I JUMP!"

thefive
05-02-2004, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
You're right theres the "Honey I'm so sorry" type songs and the "Honey I wanna make a commitment" type songs. Then theres the wanna be hard rockers to show how edgy they all are.

:lol: :bananna:

Bill Lumbergh
05-02-2004, 06:16 PM
"ALEX ALEX ALEX ALEX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

dave_is_vh
05-02-2004, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh

Fucking hilarious. And true!

DavidLeeNatra
05-03-2004, 03:04 AM
don't know...never waste(d) my time listening to that crap...

Panamark
05-03-2004, 04:15 AM
Spammy's instantly annoying vocal style is a constant. So yeah, I would agree that they all sound similar. I really avoid listening to them, as I tend to start smashing innocent objects.

Bill Lumbergh
05-03-2004, 04:21 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
Spammy's instantly annoying vocal style is a constant. So yeah, I would agree that they all sound similar. I really avoid listening to them, as I tend to start smashing innocent objects.

If a Spammy song came on while driving I'd probably drive off the side of the road hoping the impact would give me short term amnesia, so i wouldnt remember hearing it!

Bill Lumbergh
05-03-2004, 04:25 AM
"Ed come get your balls back, I still have them in a jar under my bed"

Panamark
05-03-2004, 04:27 AM
You are in good form tonight BL ! :)

Bill Lumbergh
05-03-2004, 02:17 PM
"You know I actually contributed to the lyrics on "Finish What Ya Started"......yeah you see Ed has had a few....um problems since 86 or 87........I thnk its called whiskey dick, only even when sober he had it. Don't know how he became so sissified, when he was recording such hard rocking stuff with Sammy and the boys. A shame really"

dave_is_vh
05-03-2004, 03:04 PM
So that is where those lyrics came from. I always suspected, but was embarassed for Ed, you know...

Warham
05-03-2004, 03:45 PM
I don't know about the other guys, but Alex sounds the same on every song since 5150 came out. Ed must have used the same percussion track on every song, played the lead guitar, called Mike over, had him lay down the backing vocals and bass track. Then when Mike left, he would erase Mike's bass track and lay another bass track. Then Sammy would come over, screech a few lines about love and shit over the backing track, then they'd send it to WB.

Bill Lumbergh
05-03-2004, 03:47 PM
LMFAO I think you're right!

Warham
05-03-2004, 03:51 PM
Plus Al would come over and complain about his back and having to wear a neck brace, and Ed would tell him, "If you don't fucking stop fucking bitching, I'll kick you in the fucking balls, you motherfucker. You better be motherfucking wearing a fucking cup! Where's my fucking beer?? Valerie!!"

DavidLeeNatra
05-03-2004, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Warham
I don't know about the other guys, but Alex sounds the same on every song since 5150 came out. Ed must have used the same percussion track on every song, played the lead guitar, called Mike over, had him lay down the backing vocals and bass track. Then when Mike left, he would erase Mike's bass track and lay another bass track. Then Sammy would come over, screech a few lines about love and shit over the backing track, then they'd send it to WB.

great one... :D sounds very reasonable...