PDA

View Full Version : Top Jimmy & The Rhythm Pigs

bantonelli
05-12-2007, 08:22 PM
I'm telling you, in some ways it's a very small world.

I'm in Trader Joe's (here in Pasadena) and this older dude with a hat on says Chuck Berry is the greatest Rocker...so, I get myself involved in his conversation and say..uh..today's greatest is David Lee Roth. His reply to me is: Who's the Queen of Rock? (I think for awhile), couldn't give an answer and he tells me "Little Richard"! :D I could tell this guy is an old 60's rocker - in fact, he looked like he was from the Jerry Garcia/Grateful Dead era.

Come to find out, I was talking with Carlos Guitarlos (still not ringing any bells for me.....UNTIL....he said that Dave & Ed wrote a song about him and his band ????????? He says to me, "Ever hear of Top Jimmy?" ???? OMG....YES!

Carlos is a kick and a damn good bluesman. His fingers are all worn down, calloused and knarily. Check out the tunes on his website. He invited me to go see him play next Saturday night (5/19/07 ?) at the OLD TOWNE PUB, Pasadena, CA.

He's playing gigs all over and just returned from Copenhagen, etc.

A Legend indeed....with alittle Van Halen history.

http://www.xtheband.com/rhythmpigs.html

www.carlosguitarlos.com

LOONS, if you see this, you'll appreciate this blues man....check out the tracks on his website...you're gonna dig it.:D

WARF
05-12-2007, 08:45 PM
I thought he was dead.

bantonelli
05-12-2007, 11:00 PM
Top Jimmy's dead, but his band, the "Rhythm Pigs" are still alive. Carlos Guitarlos looks like a deadman walking, but in "the day" he was a 300 lb. ass kicker...he said to me that they were notably more rowdy than Aerosmith ???

Top Jimmy died of liver failure, due to all the hard partying they did in the old LA Club/Hollywood scene.

http://www.math.lsu.edu/~zabic/lighthouse/topjimmy.htm

Loons The Great
05-15-2007, 12:05 AM
Very cool. I'd like to hear the version of Roadhouse Blues Top Jimmy performed with the mighty Doors...

Cool thread one time yez!!