I bet those Cocksucking Bastard Sonsabitches wish they kept dave now!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BITEYOASS
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

I bet those Cocksucking Bastard Sonsabitches wish they kept dave now!

N.Y. shock jocks dropped over Asian slurs

CBS Radio pulls plug on ‘The Dog House with JV and Elvis’ after prank

Updated: 2:29 p.m. CT May 13, 2007
    NEW YORK - One month after the firing of radio host Don Imus for broadcasting sexist and racist gibes, a pair of suspended New York shock jocks have been permanently pulled from the air by CBS Radio for a prank phone call rife with offensive Asian stereotypes.

"The Dog House with JV and Elvis," hosted by Jeff Vandergrift and Dan Lay, "will no longer be broadcast," CBS Radio spokeswoman Karen Mateo said Saturday. CBS Radio dismissed broadcasting hall of famer Imus in April for his defamation of the Rutgers women's basketball team.

The cancellation of the show, nearly three weeks after the show hosts were suspended, was another indication of the increased scrutiny on radio hosts and the heightened management sensitivity to complaints in the wake of the Imus firing.

"This is a victory not only for the Asian-American community, but for all communities who find themselves constant targets of racist and sexist programming," said Jeanette Wang, an executive with the Organization of Chinese Americans.

Mateo declined any further comment on the "JV and Elvis" show, which had aired on WFNY-FM immediately after the shock jock pairing of Opie and Anthony.

Opie and Anthony also under fire

Gregg "Opie" Hughes and Anthony Cumia return to the station's airwaves Monday after issuing their own apology for a segment on their satellite radio program where they laughed as a homeless man fantasized about raping Condoleezza Rice and Laura Bush.

Vandergrift and Lay made their comments one day after Imus' April 4 meltdown on his nationally syndicated program. The pair broadcast a call to a Chinese restaurant; the caller, in an exaggerated accent, placed an order for "shrimp flied lice," claimed he was a student of kung fu, and compared menu items to employees' body parts.

The initial airing of the call went unnoticed, but a re-airing of the segment after Imus's firing prompted an outcry from Asian-American groups. Vandergrift and Lay were initially suspended without pay, but Asian-Americans quickly demanded the same penalty applied to the much higher-profile Imus.

Mateo would not comment on the status of the DJs' contracts or whether they were still on the CBS payroll. Imus plans a $120 million (euro88.98 million) breach of contract suit against CBS Radio.
  • Sweet Irony
    She's the Woman
    Sniper
    • Jan 2004

yeah, i read that....youre right, shoulda kept Dave!
    ...livin in the online VH world for 19 years....thanks to a 2 year old.....

Comment

• WARF
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

No offense but DLR's show sucked ass.
      Howard Stern successor or not...
      He couldn't interview for shit...
      He would just ramble and ramble and ramble...
      It's cool when he's the one being interviewed for 10 minutes...
      It's another thing... when he's talking for four hours straight...
      Changin' subjects over and over.... too overwhelming for me...

Comment

• Terry
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Re: I bet those Cocksucking Bastard Sonsabitches wish they kept dave now!

Originally posted by BITEYOASS
        http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18631899/

N.Y. shock jocks dropped over Asian slurs

CBS Radio pulls plug on ‘The Dog House with JV and Elvis’ after prank

Updated: 2:29 p.m. CT May 13, 2007
        NEW YORK - One month after the firing of radio host Don Imus for broadcasting sexist and racist gibes, a pair of suspended New York shock jocks have been permanently pulled from the air by CBS Radio for a prank phone call rife with offensive Asian stereotypes.

"The Dog House with JV and Elvis," hosted by Jeff Vandergrift and Dan Lay, "will no longer be broadcast," CBS Radio spokeswoman Karen Mateo said Saturday. CBS Radio dismissed broadcasting hall of famer Imus in April for his defamation of the Rutgers women's basketball team.

The cancellation of the show, nearly three weeks after the show hosts were suspended, was another indication of the increased scrutiny on radio hosts and the heightened management sensitivity to complaints in the wake of the Imus firing.

"This is a victory not only for the Asian-American community, but for all communities who find themselves constant targets of racist and sexist programming," said Jeanette Wang, an executive with the Organization of Chinese Americans.

Mateo declined any further comment on the "JV and Elvis" show, which had aired on WFNY-FM immediately after the shock jock pairing of Opie and Anthony.

Opie and Anthony also under fire

Gregg "Opie" Hughes and Anthony Cumia return to the station's airwaves Monday after issuing their own apology for a segment on their satellite radio program where they laughed as a homeless man fantasized about raping Condoleezza Rice and Laura Bush.

Vandergrift and Lay made their comments one day after Imus' April 4 meltdown on his nationally syndicated program. The pair broadcast a call to a Chinese restaurant; the caller, in an exaggerated accent, placed an order for "shrimp flied lice," claimed he was a student of kung fu, and compared menu items to employees' body parts.

The initial airing of the call went unnoticed, but a re-airing of the segment after Imus's firing prompted an outcry from Asian-American groups. Vandergrift and Lay were initially suspended without pay, but Asian-Americans quickly demanded the same penalty applied to the much higher-profile Imus.

Mateo would not comment on the status of the DJs' contracts or whether they were still on the CBS payroll. Imus plans a $120 million (euro88.98 million) breach of contract suit against CBS Radio.
        Meh.

No big loss.

There can be a cancellation across the board of djs and tv talking heads for all I give a shit, for no reason whatsoever.

Maybe if we shitcan all the djs I'll actually be able to hear music on the radio again.

Anyone's life become more or less meaningful now that Imus is gone?
        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Cult of Roth
          Roadie
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Terry
          Anyone's life become more or less meaningful now that Imus is gone?
          I've never heard Imus in my life, so no, I can't say it's affected me much
          Roth EUAS Militia

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Why are Glenn Beck and Michael "Savage" Weiner still on the air, when they make more racist, anti semitic, homophobic statements DAILY than any of these so called "shock jocks" do?

Not that I listen to any of the above. But if they try fucking with Mike Malloy again, there's gonna be bloodshed......
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• binnie
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2006

Pretty glad that Dave is out of radio, but for the way in which he was treated I think this is poetic justice....
              The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• chi-town324
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Feb 2007

Radio sucks balls...i listen to CD'S....thats it

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by WARF
                  No offense but DLR's show sucked ass.
                  Howard Stern successor or not...
                  He couldn't interview for shit...
                  He would just ramble and ramble and ramble...
                  It's cool when he's the one being interviewed for 10 minutes...
                  It's another thing... when he's talking for four hours straight...
                  Changin' subjects over and over.... too overwhelming for me...
                  at least I loved the 6 and a half minutes he was talking to me
                  Roth Army Icon
                  First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Antman
                    Commando
                    • Jan 2004

But fat fucking rug munchin rosie odonnell kept her job. Her comments were way more offensive than JV & Elvis. It's ironic how we want to spread democracy and freedom around the globe, but we're losing it here.
                    When the shit hits the fan, close your mouth and duck.

Comment

• Matt White
                      • Jun 2004

Serves 'em right...

given time...DAVE would have owned the airwaves

Comment

• jharp84
                        Veteran
                        • Mar 2004

Shouldn't it be sons-O-bitches!!! Oh and by the way Fuck Ed and Al because if they were not COCKSUCKERS of the UNIVERSE! DAVE would have never been on the radio! He would have been in studio for album #10 w/CVH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FUCK ROCK RADIO! It Died w/the 1996 Failed re-union!!!!!!

Comment

Working...