Randy Rhodes and Dave

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thefive

Randy Rhodes and Dave

Just wanted to throw this idea out. In 1981 Randy teamed up with Ozzy. Steve Vai teamed up with Roth in 85. If Randy didnt hook up with Ozzy in 81 and this is just a what if. What if Randy Rhoades hooked up with Roth in 85. I know Rholdes died I am doing a "what if here".

What type of album do you think it would have been? Your thoughts.
    And do you think the pair would do good together?
  • Coyote
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

That's an intriguing idea there... I don't know, something stellar, I guess.
    Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• thefive

People say that Rhodes was tapping too.

Comment

• dave_is_vh
        Sniper
        • Apr 2004

Not sure Roth is a good combo with a classically influenced guy like Rhoads or Yngwie.

I think Roth is better with a high tech rock guitarist with a hint of blues like Van Halen, Vai, or George Lynch.
        "Bumper sticker on my rocket's ass: go home, the earth is full." DLR

Comment

• dave_is_vh
          Sniper
          • Apr 2004

Roth and Paul Gilbert might be a good combo. Both have a wild sense of humor.

Comment

• Lou

Eddie was classically influenced--he and Alex were classically trained pianists you know. I think that worked out fine.

I actually think Roth and Randy Rhoads would have been a fine combination.

Comment

• dave_is_vh
              Sniper
              • Apr 2004

Classically trained does not equal classically influenced. When is the last time you hear Ed play a harmonic minor scale.

Comment

• Snoo

Well, Randy was stunt-flying on Ozzy's tour plane with a group that included Sharon's best friend...so obviously, if he hadn't joined up with Ozzy, he wouldn't have died at that point. But before he joined Ozzy, he was in Quiet Riot, and had Ozzy not taken him, he probably would've stayed with Quiet Riot. He admitted that he borrowed some of Eddie's techniques.

Comment

• thefive

I think they would have done good together. Randy I heard didn't take shit. If he didn't like something he would be stubborn. What I am saying is that Roth and Rhodes would be at each others throats. LOL

I heard this from a number of Ozzy fans that Rhodes was not a push over guy like Sammy.

Comment

• Lou

I don't know, I think someone who names their kid "Wolfgang" after W.A. Mozart is a classical music aficionado. "Eruption" is heavily J.S. Bach influenced--and that's a fact!

Comment

• thefive

I mean Spammy

Comment

• dave_is_vh
                        Sniper
                        • Apr 2004

Lou you must listen to no classical music. Eruption doesn't sound anything like Bach. In fact Eruption is not classically influenced at all.

Comment

• Coyote
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by dave_is_vh
                          Lou you must listen to no classical music. Eruption doesn't sound anything like Bach. In fact Eruption is not classically influenced at all.
                          Oh yeah? What about the tapping part during last 30 seconds or so? Is that not "classically influenced"?
                          Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                          It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• dave_is_vh
                            Sniper
                            • Apr 2004

Just because something is fast does not mean it is classically influenced. It has more to do with the types of scales you use.

Comment

• Snoo

You couldn't be a pushover and work with Ozzy, there never would've been music made. Ozzy tells a hilarious story about how the song Mr. Crowley was recorded: He and everybody in the studio but Randy were stoned off their asses and convinced that there were ghosts in the studio. Randy took hours convincing them there were no ghosts and jamming away on his guitar. When he finally convinced them, they made one of the best Ozzy songs ever. If he had been a pushover, he would've stood there rolling his eyes and waited about two weeks for Ozzy to come down.

Comment

Working...