As if NAZI Skinheads hadn't ruined Doc Martens' reputation enough......

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

As if NAZI Skinheads hadn't ruined Doc Martens' reputation enough......

New pitchmen for Doc Marten boots??

Now aside from the obvious sickness of milking 4 dead corpses to sell your fucking shoes, I'm reasonably sure that Mr. Cobain, Mr. Ramone, and Mr. Vicious preferred good ol' Converse Chuck Taylors over Doc Martens. MAYBE Mr. Strummer might have worn them, but I doubt very much he'd want to do their ads.

Does this make anyone else as violently ill as it does me?
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992
  • bueno bob
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

To say it's in VERY poor taste is minimalist.

Normally, I'm not one to encourage lawsuits, but I'd hope the surviving families get off of their asses and send out a resounding "FUCK NO" to Doc Martens right now.

Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

Is that real ???

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Jan 2004

Who gives a fuck!

I'm not going to jump off of a house because Kurt Cobain is wearing a pair of boots. That great shot barely wore shoes, much less boots!

Their estates gave up their likeness for dough. Ask Lisa Marie how she's doin'?
        http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
        http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Lisa Marie's a scientologist. I wouldn't say she's doing that great.
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
            Is that real ???
            You think God would have let a fucking shoe company come into Heaven for a photo session?? :confused:
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
              Lisa Marie's a scientologist. I wouldn't say she's doing that great.
              She could be Dr. Seuss too!

$500 million goes a LONG way. Its not like she made that dough with HER talents!
              http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
              http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• EAT MY ASSHOLE
                Veteran
                • Feb 2006

Wow. As someone who works in the biz, I gotta say, those are some of the worst, most tasteless, and completely missing the point ads I've ever seen.

They'll probably win tons of industry awards and sell billions of shoes.
                RIM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• bueno bob
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jul 2004

You think God would have let a fucking shoe company come into Heaven for a photo session?? :confused:
                  FORD, I have to say this in the most truthful, honest, direct and straight to the fucking point way I can:

This is, without a doubt, the most fucking funny thing I have ever read at this site, bar none, and I would consider it a HONOR to be able to add to my signature.

Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• EAT MY ASSHOLE
                    Veteran
                    • Feb 2006

Depends whose God. Mine or yours? Should hope not. Big Bad Brian's God? Sure.
                    RIM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
                      FORD, I have to say this in the most truthful, honest, direct and straight to the fucking point way I can:

This is, without a doubt, the most fucking funny thing I have ever read at this site, bar none, and I would consider it a HONOR to be able to add to my signature.

Yes, of course..... by all means....
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Well, that was the quickest backpedal in history..........

Famous U.K. based footware maker Dr. Martens has fired the ad agency responsible for the recently unveiled print / poster campaign featuring deceased punks Kurt Cobain, Sid Vicious, Joey Ramone and Joe Strummer. The posters, created by Saatchi & Saatchi London, depicted the iconic personalities as angels wearing the famous boots. A statement David Suddens, CEO of Airwair Ltd, reads:

"Dr Martens is very sorry for any offense that has been caused by the publication of images showing dead rock icons wearing Dr Martens boots. Dr Martens did not commission the work as it runs counter to our current marketing activities based on FREEDM, which is dedicated to nurturing grass roots creativity and supporting emerging talent. As a consequence, Dr Martens has terminated its relationship with the responsible agency."
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Oh, so it's NOT because posters depicting dead rock stars to sell boots are offensive, but because it doesn't support "emerging talent"??

Yeah, fuck off already
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• EAT MY ASSHOLE
                            Veteran
                            • Feb 2006

Oh, so it's NOT because posters depicting dead rock stars to sell boots are offensive, but because it doesn't support "emerging talent"??

Yeah, fuck off already
                            Actually, FORD, you may want to give Doc Marten's the benefit of the doubt here. Ad agenices are renown for trying to sidestep the client after a campaign has been shot down by the client. In the old days - meaning five years ago - the method would be for the agency to request to the client to run the ad mmmmmaybe just the once, and the agency will pick up the tab for it, so then the agency can legitimately send the work to the ad award shows - such as the Clios, The One Show, etc. - and trade publications, like Graphis and Communication Arts.

("Creatives" in advertising really do believe they are producing art)

These days I can COMPLETELY see an agency - espeically Saatchi -leaking a campaign, hoping that public acclaim will be so great that they can go back to the client and say "See? We TOLD you the public would love and get it. And look! Sales are up!" And the public will never be the wiser as to what reaaly happened.

Yeah, my instincts say I'm right on this one: b/c no agency would get fired otherwise. (Client would get completely sued for libel and breach of contract)
                            RIM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Hoongood
                              Roadie
                              • Jan 2004

The ad might have been believable if these cats were in hell.
                              Showing them in heaven is ridiculous!
                              Yeah right she says, maybe in your dreams!

Comment

Working...