Clear All
  • matt19
    Sniper
    • Mar 2005

Pope applauds rally against rights for unmarried couples

Pope applauds rally against rights for unmarried couples
    By The Associated Press
    Article Last Updated: 05/25/2007 02:47:44 AM MDT

Vatican City - Pope Benedict XVI on Thursday praised a recent demonstration in Rome against proposed legislation granting legal rights to unmarried couples, including gay ones, saying the rally showed that the traditional family is at the core of Italian society.

Benedict called the May 12 Family Day rally, organized by Catholic groups and family associations, a "great and extraordinary popular festival."

Hundreds of thousands of people turned out to protest a bill that would grant legal rights, including hospital visits and inheritance rights, to unmarried couples. The bill does not legalize gay marriage, as has been done in other European countries, such as Spain.

The bill has angered the Vatican, which under Benedict has been conducting a fierce campaign to protect the traditional family based on marriage between a man and a woman.

In a speech to Italian bishops, Benedict said he respected the distinction between the church and politics. But he added that the church cannot ignore "what is good for man ... what is good for the common good of Italy."

He said the Family Day rally "confirmed that the family itself is profoundly rooted in the heart and life of Italians."

Benedict's speech came as the government opened a conference on the family in Florence to help it create family policies that are, according to organizers, "more European and more modern."

The number of official marriages in Italy has declined steadily since the early 1970s, with an increasing number of de facto unions taking their place.

Link for this bullshit.
    Long Live Classic VH
  • DEMON CUNT
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Nov 2004

Religion is about control and oppression.

These types are obsessed with limiting the behavior or choices of those they do not like, or more likely, those they fear.

They have nothing better to do than attempt to limit the freedom of others.
    Banned 01/09/09 | Avatar | Aiken | Spammy | Extreme | Pump | Regular | The View | Toot

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I think we all knew Ratzinger wasn't going to break any new ground as Pope when they picked him. Hopefully the next guy to wear the pointy hat won't be an Opus Dei fascist.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WflxtPW_1KQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WflxtPW_1KQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• jhale667
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DEMON CUNT
        Religion is about control and oppression.

These types are obsessed with limiting the behavior or choices of those they do not like, or more likely, those they fear.

They have nothing better to do than attempt to limit the freedom of others.
        BINGO. That's what 12 years of parochial education taught me!
        Originally posted by conmee
        If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
        Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
        I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
        Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
        Originally posted by eddie78
        I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• matt19
          Sniper
          • Mar 2005

How about someone who already thinks he is Jesus for the next pope?

Long Live Classic VH

Comment

• Hardrock69
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2005

The Pope is actually the Earthly Representative of Satan.

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by matt19
              How about someone who already thinks he is Jesus for the next pope?

Oh motherfucker!
              http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
              http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

So the Pope applauded a rally that supports the traditional family as being the core of Italian society...

I believe it's the core of any society...

Comment

• WACF
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jan 2004

Why is anyone surprised that the pope would applaud this.

I would be shocked if he did not.

Comment

Working...