Clear All
  • DEMON CUNT
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Nov 2004

CNN: Young officers leaving service at 'alarming' rate

CNN: Young officers leaving service at 'alarming' rate

David Edwards and Muriel Kane Reporting
    Published: Friday May 25, 2007

CNN reported on Friday about the "alarming number" of mid-level army officers leaving the military as soon as they complete their initial commitment, many of them citing family reasons and multiple deployments. The army has been forced to offer new incentives for re-enrolling, including bonuses and extra training.

More...

Link to article & video.

Banned 01/09/09 | Avatar | Aiken | Spammy | Extreme | Pump | Regular | The View | Toot
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Indeed they are, Pretty soon we'll have a bunch of dumb fundies and kool aid drinkers running the show. Pretty tough to master technology when you believe the world was "created" 6000 years ago...

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

Actually it's the chaff seperating from the wheat.

They don't want to be in the military, buh-by!
      http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
      http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• DEMON CUNT
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
        They don't want to be in the military, buh-by!
        It is most likely the dying in an Iraq civil war started by our foolish President thing that is driving them away.
        Banned 01/09/09 | Avatar | Aiken | Spammy | Extreme | Pump | Regular | The View | Toot

Comment

• DEMON CUNT
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Nov 2004

Stay the course by any other name...

Troops say failure to learn lessons led to soldier kidnappings

David Edwards and Muriel Kane
          Published: Friday May 25, 2007

CNN reported on Friday that the recent kidnapping of American soldiers in the so-called "Triangle of Death" in Iraq might have been avoided if the military had learned the lessons of a very similar incident in the same area a year ago, when a post was attacked and soldiers kidnapped and later killed.

According to taped depositions taken by lawyers, the soldiers in that area are "constantly" complaining there are too few troops on the ground and asking for a larger force. "If I was an an insurgent, I would attack," says one soldier. "These jackasses, they did it again...they didn't learn," says another. After the earlier incident, a platoon leader and a commander were disciplined, but ironically they were the same men who had been begging for more troops.

More...

Link to article & video.

Comment

• jhale667
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Actually it's the chaff seperating from the wheat.

...Keep telling yourself that.
            Originally posted by conmee
            If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
            Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
            I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
            Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
            Originally posted by eddie78
            I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

Well, let's face facts...

Since the majority of the troops left Vietnam in '73, and the draft subsequently ended, a good percentage of the people joining the military are not joining to become full-time commandos.

And that includes me. Fortunately, I took advantage of my opportunities and I made the military a career for 20 years.

But if you ask most people joining the military nowadays, they're doing it because;

1. They're gonna take college courses with 100% tuition assistance when they're off duty. (Doesn't apply to me, I was drunk the first 10 years in the Navy)
              2. They can't afford to go to college on their own or via their parents. (Fully applies to me.)
              3. They can't find steady work and/or make a decent living at home. (Me, once again)
              4. Some kind of combination of 1, 2, 3.

So unless you were some kind of wannabe badass in high school, you're not joining the military to be Rambo.

You're joining the military to make a living.

Get a degree and learn a skill to make good money on the outside.

Remember back to Fahrenheit 9/11 when Michael Moore did the story on how good the military recruiting is in his hometown of Flint, MI because the economy is so shitty.

So going back to this story, I can absolutely see why so many "officers" are leaving. I think the fact that they're specifying "officers" is irrelevant, young officers are almost as young as young enlisted folks. Young officers get deployed just as much as young enlisted.

Let's remember also, since Vietnam ended, there hasn't been close to being such a long "war", just small escalations. Libya, Grenada, Haiti, Somalia, Panama, Bosnia, and of course Desert Storm, etc., etc.

I know it sounds shitty, but I'm not surprised at all that so many are leaving, because it probably wasn't the MAIN reason for them joining.
              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Most people I know who joined the military did so to pay for their education or to use the military as an escape from their parents. My nephew had a big falling out with his asshole dad. He joined the military to get away from dad.

I don't know anyone who signed up because they like to kill and break stuff.
                No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

If I was the militant type I wouldn't waste my time with the military. I would be a mercenary working for the highest bidder. The contract security guys in the middle east make a lot more money that US soldiers do.
                  No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                    Most people I know who joined the military did so to pay for their education
                    Exactly....

With 100% tuition assistance, it's not very difficult at all to get a Bachelor's Degree with no money coming out of your pocket during your obligated service.

Unless you're in Iraq, of course....
                    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• DEMON CUNT
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Nov 2004

Do not forget about all the soldiers who exit the military due to death, severe injury, PTSD, etc.

Couple that with the educated soldiers who leave to "get a degree and learn a skill to make good money on the outside" and I think we have a problem.

Everything Bush touches turns to shit.

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2004

Stop looking in the mirror demented runt and do SOMETHING with your pitiful, miserable exisitence.

Comment

• DEMON CUNT
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Nov 2004

Stop looking in the mirror demented runt and do SOMETHING with your pitiful, miserable exisitence.
                          Like Tivo every episode of American Idle?

Shut up, bitch.

Comment

• Redballjets88
                            Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

you posting that pictue proves that you definatly have no life, i would never take the time out of my day to look up a picture of a dick so i could add it to another picture then make it look like its cumming.

bitch
                            R.I.P Van Halen 1978-1984

hopefully God will ressurect you

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

" I liked Sammy Hagar " FORD

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Jan 2004

Runt didn't have to google it, he just took it out of his mouth.

Comment

Working...