X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • donanger1
    Groupie
    • Feb 2004

Live album with ROTH

I still cannot for the life of me, fathom that there has never been a live album of david Lee Roth officially released with or without Van Halen. Life is still not complete. This is a disgrace. Sure we have the boots but officially NOTHING LIVE FROM DAVE! I can't get past it.
  • Terry
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

The upside is that there are so many boots available - both of Van Halen and Roth solo - with the added bonus of a boot being that it hasn't been re-edited or touched up after the fact, so you get the real McCoy.

Not unreasonable to speculate that had Roth stuck with the band a little longer they probably would have put out some type of live release by the end of the 80s.

As for a live Roth solo album, well, outside of EEAS and Skyscraper, his solo record sales never really warranted putting one out.

I mean, I'd dig it if Roth put out a live dvd that encompassed his solo career, and along with many here would pick up a copy, but realistically how would something like that sell now?
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• chi-town324
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Feb 2007

it wouldnt

Comment

• katie
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Nov 2004

------ Thread Locked ------

But look on the bright side ol' chap
        That Sammy fellow has put out quite a few of those pop DVD things so I'm sure you will be rocking & rolling in no time at all, and remember

You haven't been charged for this service.

Stars please

It's all cool brother!

Comment

• Big Troubles
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Feb 2004

Even a "Live" album with Dave would need some over producing... so what's the point? So we can hear ppl cheer? Nah...

Give me a double cd Dave.
          "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• donanger1
            Groupie
            • Feb 2004

That Sammy fellow has put out quite a few of those pop DVD things so I'm sure you will be rocking & rolling in no time at all, and remember

Stars please

It's all cool brother!

I'm asking for a live Roth album and your telling me to go get a Hagar DVD? Wow.....THANKS!! Great advice!

Comment

• gunnyhighway
              Groupie
              • Mar 2005

i also miss a official dvd of CVH. would be great to have LARGO 82 or US FESTIVAL in excellent quality! maybe one day.... (VH fans are used to be patient and overoptimistic...)

Comment

• Casemeister
                Head Fluffer
                • Feb 2004

A lot of "fans" would probably be put off by Dave's antics on stage. It takes a while to realise that CVH live is more than just the sound. It's the sight of Dave running around, jumping and whatnot. It's Eddie sliding on his knees. It's the lights during Al's drum solo. It's Mike chugging Jack from the bottle.

With all that going on, of course Dave's gonna miss a word or two of the verse!

I can only imagine what it was like to see CVH live. When you watch the boots, you can tell Dave was totally playing to what the audience wanted. He was the ultimate showman.

We diehards love the boots, but for a lot of people, they'd probably need to actually be in the arena with VH to really "get" it.

With all that said, bring on an '84 tour DVD! Even if it's only the diehards who buy it, it'll sell pretty damn well!

A video compilation, 1978-1984, would probably do very well. Take a few truly killer performances from each tour, some promo clips, interviews, etc. I'd rather full concerts, but the general public would be more into a compilation, I suspect.
                Waylon Jennings: 1937-2002. RIP, Hoss!

Comment

• VanHalener
                  ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by katie
                  ------ Thread Locked ------

Stars please

It's all cool brother!
                  WTF
                  ~Only you can prevent low volume~

Comment

• donanger1
                    Groupie
                    • Feb 2004

Live album

That's what I said. What?

Comment

• cabo anejo