X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Well, it's Hurricane Season

They're predicting a heavy hurricane season this year. After getting off relatively easy last year, what are the odds that you'll make it through without a major event two years in a row??

Any observations from those in the global warming bullseye??
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992
  • PlexiBrown
    Commando
    • Mar 2006

We are due for one here in Myrtle Beach. It has been dry as hell here though. I was at my friends house the other day and this fire broke out in the woods behind her house. Fortunately, the wind wasn't blowing toward the house.

And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

YIKES!! Yeah, that would be a little too close for comfort.

Are the wildfires bad all over the South? I know Georgia had some a little while back.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• PlexiBrown
        Commando
        • Mar 2006

Are the wildfires bad all over the South? I know Georgia had some a little while back.
        Not as bad as you would think so far. There are a lot of places that sell fireworks here and as dry as it is, people are still launching them. It is only a matter of time before another fire breaks out unless we get some rain. There is none in the forcast thought. It has been in the 80's and sunny here for a long time.
        And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• Little Texan
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I dread to think how high the gas prices will get if there is a major hurricane this year! They are already at record highs, and if a major storm makes landfall, we're looking at $5.00 a gallon or more! Hurricanes...just another excuse for the oil companies to fuck us even more than they have already!

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Almost enough to make you think Phil the Stalker was on to something with his HAARP weather disruption machine theories......
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• ODShowtime
              ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Well, I have an apartment right on Tampa Bay... and my hurriance protection is... insurance. I have nowhere to store plywood or anything. I guess if the big one's bearing down I'll put all my shit in the bathroom.

So it hasn't rained in ages... and now I'm trying to get back to Tampa from Ft Lauderdale today. So of course there's T storms everywhere and delays are predicted. Might have to make a pitstop at Cheetahs...

It's gonna get wild this year, I can feel it.
              gnaw on it

Comment

• Little Texan
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Florida could probably use a weak hurricane or tropical storm right about now for the rain it could provide, as dry as it is there!

Comment

• Little Texan
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Little Texan
                  Florida could probably use a weak hurricane or tropical storm right about now for the rain it could provide, as dry as it is there!
                  Funny, after I posted that I found out that there is a tropical storm headed for Florida right now!

Comment

• scamper
                    Commando
                    • May 2005

Originally posted by FORD
                    They're predicting a heavy hurricane season this year. After getting off relatively easy last year, what are the odds that you'll make it through without a major event two years in a row??

Any observations from those in the global warming bullseye??
                    Yeah they predicted it last year too. It's all a guessing game, thats why I'm not too fired up about the whole global warming thing.

Comment

• ODShowtime
                      ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Originally posted by Little Texan
                      We did need one... and Barry obliged about a hour ago. Damn it rained hard.
                      gnaw on it

Comment

Working...