PDA

View Full Version : KISSology part 2 DVD set

indeedido
06-01-2007, 11:40 AM
I just saw part of an interview from Bruce Kulick about the next Kissology dvd box set. Should be pretty awesome. Finally a good creatures tour show!!

http://kissonline.com/news/index.php?mode=fullstory&id=4374
I know you recently played on Paul Stanley's latest solo album, but is there anything KISS-related coming up that you can talk about?

I do have some news on the upcoming KISSology 2 DVD; it;s really going to be incredible. I recently got a sneak preview of some of it. A couple of the guys from MTV came over and I recorded a commentary track for a couple of the concerts that I appeared on. The first KISSology went from 1974 to 1977. KISSology 2 picks up in 1978 and goes to 1995 for the reunion. So basically it starts on the solo records, and goes into the Vinnie Vincent era, taking off the makeup, then on to the time I joined the band. Some of the concerts featured are from the Creatures of the Night tour and the Hot in the Shade tour, and they're really well shot. So much better than the bootlegs out there.

Va Beach VH Fan
06-01-2007, 11:48 AM
I think I'll pass on this one....

Part I is excellent though...

Terry
06-01-2007, 11:56 AM
Yeah, not so thrilled with it going all the way to 1995....

...if there's a full-length Australia 1980 show, as much of Brazil 1983 as possible and some other Creatures live stuff, then maybe...

...could give a shit about the Hot In The Shade tour stuff...

lonnieg5
06-01-2007, 12:00 PM
Finally: something from Kiss worth spending my money on.

Ironically, for me at least, Kiss lost all relevance after the '96 renunion. Gene has just turned the band into merchandising joke. Sure they had merchandise in the 70's but not a drop in the bucket compared to what's out there now. Plus, back then they were releasing new music every 6 months.

Up until they put the makeup back on, I really loved them. Funny how excited I was for that '96 renunion, when it untimately turned out to be the point that I lost all respect for them.

This DVD will take me back to the good times though. So I'm in.

cMb
06-02-2007, 10:52 AM
Kissology Vol. 1 is one of the best 'concert' DVD's I've ever seen.
I can't think of anything Kiss has ever put out that tops it.

As long as there is plenty of make-up years on Vol. 2, it is a 'must-buy' for me.

I don't like 'Unmasked' era & anything after Vinnie Vincent I couldn't care less about.

ALinChainz
06-02-2007, 11:28 AM
Any release date?

Mr Badguy
06-02-2007, 06:09 PM
BRING A R2 VERSION OUT KISS YOU FUCKERS!

Vinnie Velvet
06-04-2007, 11:50 AM
I'm interested in the 80 and 82-83 Tours -- those should be great to see.

DLR_EngineRoom
06-05-2007, 06:13 PM
Although I prefer the original line-up, I've been a big fan rite thru til Psycho Circus. Elder, Unmasked, Pete & Ace's solo albums and Carnival of Souls didn't really impress me though. Oh yeah, and I do wish that Peter woulda played on Psycho Circus, regardless of how bad they said his drumming was. Shoulda left it to us the fans to decide.

buh thaz my tousence...

ace diamond
06-06-2007, 12:59 PM
BRING IT ON......I CAN'T WAIT!!!

finally a full creatures show that is decent looking footage!

DLR_EngineRoom
06-06-2007, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by ace diamond
BRING IT ON......I CAN'T WAIT!!!

finally a full creatures show that is decent looking footage!

True, a Creatures show would be incredible - I miss Carr's drumming.

I also hope that they'll re-release (in some form) the Animalize Live Uncensored concert (that was only released on VHS), KISS Meets The Phantom Of The Park (likewise - only on VHS) and KISS MTV Unplugged (retracted from store shelves and deleted from existence).

ace diamond
06-06-2007, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by DLR_EngineRoom
True, a Creatures show would be incredible - I miss Carr's drumming.

I also hope that they'll re-release (in some form) the Animalize Live Uncensored concert (that was only released on VHS), KISS Meets The Phantom Of The Park (likewise - only on VHS) and KISS MTV Unplugged (retracted from store shelves and deleted from existence).

all 3 of those are now out on dvd.

kiss-animalize live and uncensored is now a dvd import only from brasil.

kiss metts the phantom of the park i have on dvd.
likewise,
kiss unplugged is available on dvd.....try looking on amazon.com.

ace diamond
06-06-2007, 07:25 PM
i just checked it on amazon......all 3 are available there.

good luck.

DLR_EngineRoom
06-11-2007, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by ace diamond
all 3 of those are now out on dvd.

kiss-animalize live and uncensored is now a dvd import only from brasil.

kiss meets the phantom of the park i have on dvd.
likewise,
kiss unplugged is available on dvd.....try looking on amazon.com.

Here in Toronto, HMV is the major outlet for ordering/importing DVDs (and they don't have 'em).
I hate buying from the internet, but if I have to, I will.

Say, while we're on the subject:

Does anyone know where I can get:

AC/DC - Let There Be Rock concert movie on DVD and
Rolling Stones - AC/DC - RUSH - Guess Who - "Toronto Rocks" 2003

I'm not talking about the official wide-release of that Toronto show.
It sucked. Anyone that was there will tell you that AC/DC stole the show. Yet the DVD only has 2 (!) songs.

I saw awhile ago on eBay that they were selling a 'professionally-shot' DVD with the ENTIRE shows of RUSH-AC/DC and The Stones but I can't find it anywhere anymore.

Bill Lumbergh
06-12-2007, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
I'm interested in the 80 and 82-83 Tours -- those should be great to see.

Me too.....I'm all over this......

Rikk
06-12-2007, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
Me too.....I'm all over this......

Yeah, but you're all over anything that involves four guys in make-up.

Rikk
06-12-2007, 11:59 AM
Yeah, I'll definitely be getting this set. I actually already had all the concerts in VOL. 1 on DVD...the only difference was that the official set had them in better quality, plus I didn't have the concert on the bonus DVD of Largo '78.

Stuff from the 80s, though not as consistent, will be exciting to see. I really love the CREATURES period.

DLR_EngineRoom
06-12-2007, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Rikk
plus I didn't have the concert on the bonus DVD of Largo '78.

That's weird. My bonus DVD was Madison Square Gardens (forgot which year). They were giving out different bonus DVDs????

Rikk
06-12-2007, 08:16 PM
That's weird. My bonus DVD was Madison Square Gardens (forgot which year). They were giving out different bonus DVDs????

Yeah, depending on the store. I got Largo because I already had Madison Square on bootleg. And another store had Detroit '76, first night. Three different bonus discs...but Largo is the longest and the only one from which virtually nothing had been released before.

katie
06-12-2007, 08:28 PM
Weird I got CBGB's quality is not very good though.

cMb
06-12-2007, 11:47 PM

The Largo disc just may be the best Kiss footage ever. Amazing stuff!

A must-own for any Kiss fan.

Hardrock69
06-13-2007, 08:59 AM

Does anyone know where I can get:

AC/DC - Let There Be Rock concert movie on DVD

AC/DC has yet to release it on DVD. I have heard that the soundtrack on the VHS is mono, even though it says stereo on the box.

That said, I made my own a couple of years back. I am going to make another new & improved version though, as I have since upgraded my computer and have a much better setup now.

I have the commercially released VHS also, so I can get top quality.
:cool:

I saw it when it first came out. Almost nobody in town knew about it, so I went to this theater to see it. They were only going to show it Friday and Saturday night, one time each evening. And they rented a PA system for the showings. There were only about 5-10 people in the theater each night. But DAMN IT KICKED ASS!!!

katie
06-13-2007, 11:13 AM
http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/41S9oW9bifL._SS500_.jpg

Let There Be Rock (CD/DVD) Pal, Region Free [IMPORT]

Available from Amazon.com

Product Description
TRACKLIST CD 1: 1. Go Down 2. Dog Eat Dog 3. Let There Be Rock 4. Bad Boys Boogie 5. Problem Child 6. Overdose 7. Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be 8. Whole Lotta Rosie DVD 1. Live Wire 2. Shot Down In Flames 3. Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be 4. Sun City 5. Walk Over You 6. Bad Boy Boogie 7. The Jack 8. Highway To Hell 9. Girls Got Rhythm 10. High Voltage 11. Whole Lotta Rosie 12. Rocker 13. Let There Be Rock

Link here -
http://www.amazon.com/Let-There-Rock-Region-Free/dp/B000K3N8XS/ref=sr_1_2/002-3132364-6316048?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1181747119&sr=8-2

ace diamond
06-13-2007, 12:15 PM

yup, depending on where you bought it from.

wal-mart:largo '77(love gun tour)

best buy:detroit(cobo hall) '76-1st night

fye:msg 77(rock and roll over tour)

i got all 3.