Does this Generation know it was Dave's Band?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • firestarter
    Head Fluffer
    • Jan 2004

Does this Generation know it was Dave's Band?

I get this feeling that todays culture forgot that Dave was the leader and the main reason for getting into vh, despite ed's awesome guitar riffs. dave was the heart and soul of vh. it was daves band, everyone at that time knew it.for some reason i feel people forgot this!!
  • Redballjets88
    Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

i know that it was all about dave, same with all of my friends
    R.I.P Van Halen 1978-1984

hopefully God will ressurect you

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

" I liked Sammy Hagar " FORD

Comment

• Steve Savicki
      • Jan 2004

This generation and future to come were born after Classic VH so if radio stations and music store just announce any CD by the band as Van Halen, who knows if the future generation will know who sang what without doing their research.
      sigpic

Comment

• Redballjets88
        Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

thats why CVH needs to reunite, to remind people what real van halen is

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

Comment

• Binky
          Head Fluffer
          • Jan 2007

Tell me about it, but since this generation if fucke dup with emo and other tripe they refuse to know what good and bad is. And how to wash their hair. *^_^* lml

Comment

• Redballjets88
            Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

*^_^*

...wrong.

the media makes the emo thing seem big. in truth not too many people like bands like fall out boy or panic! at the disco. people that do are more often than not girls. most "emo" guys you see probably listen to heavier metal than anyone

Comment

• vh rides again
              Commando
              • Dec 2006

no this generation has no idea who david lee roth is or vanhalen with or without dave.

they have had rap and bubblegum pop shoved down thier throats by mtv and BET.

the rock stations play music from bands like the red hot chili peppers,saliva, crede, and every other shit whiner band you can name, over and over.

i cant tell you how many times ive switched to 3 or 4 different stations here and the chili peppers are on all of em.

i cant tell you one band or 1 song from any of them that i truly like or am happy to hear playing.

i can remember walking down a street here in my town that has several bars in a row and every one of them had limp biscuits i did it for the nookie playing all day long. im so glad that band is over.

music today sucks dirty ball sacks, its boring and has absolutely no meaning, these fuckers couldnt tell a story if thier lives depended on it. mediocre at best.

when i ask kids close to my family or just anyone if they ever listen to vanhalen, they are like HUH? i say yeah vanhalen, they are clueless.
              i dont understand it.

ive said this before and i mean it, kids today suck, they are worthless and weak no ambition or sense of adventure. maybe im just and old fuddy duddy. but GODDAMNIT i know what good music sounds like.

ok ill take that back they aint worthless.
              Last edited by vh rides again; 06-04-2007, 04:58 PM.

Comment

• Binky
                Head Fluffer
                • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Redballjets88
                *^_^*

...wrong.

the media makes the emo thing seem big. in truth not too many people like bands like fall out boy or panic! at the disco. people that do are more often than not girls. most "emo" guys you see probably listen to heavier metal than anyone
                You've never lived where I have, have you? Sorry but I know for a fact a lot of so-called metal people called emos do listen to a load of crap. I mean take My Chemical Romance headling Download this year! As for heavier metal, it may be heavier but it's just noise not music. I listen to heavier and better metal than all the emos put together and the difference is, I know Brave New World was not Iron Maiden's first album! That is just an example of their mentality. *^_^* lml

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

The new generation doesn't even know who Van Halen was because they peed their legacy down the toilet like cheap beer.
                  No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Jesus H Christ
                    Full On Cocktard
                    • Jun 2007

CVH is the only version of the band on radio today...to many young people, it's the only VH they have ever heard...Lucky them!
                    "If your child needs a role model and you're not it, you're both fucked".-George Carlin

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2004

Originally posted by Jesus H Christ
                      CVH is the only version of the band on radio today...to many young people, it's the only VH they have ever heard...Lucky them!
                      Welcome to the Army. Good thing you put the "H" in your name or we might mistake you for all the other Jesus Christ's out there...

If there's anthing good I can say about today's radio is that the only VH I here on air is CVH. A local radio station here runs a bumper every time VH is on deck.

It says... "Got Roth? It ain't Van Halen if it ain't got David Lee Roth!"
                      Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• katie
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Nov 2004

I do miss Sam

Comment

• thome
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Mar 2005

Kids these days the twenty somethings and under don't know what good music is, our fathers said the same thing but that was before rock&roll, so i think there are two generations that had a oportunity
                          to be raised on rock&roll.

My generation de finately was there for the best of it.

Music hit me about when i was 10 1970 so i was hearing 1970 back to 1956 music on the radio off and on.

1973 was when i knew this was more than just some new sensation,to me.

I have been to the edge with R&R and to this,Salome bangs her drum.

I really think 2% of Rap i fenominal 98% is the same 2% tunes done over by other angry frosty freezeis icie chilli fools with a mic and a half assed paragraph of words.

The 80s music was just like the lights in your eyes Punk was slammin

Then there was the kinder gentler stuff mixed in and it all went to shit
                          about the time Cry Babystarted pokeing fun at the rockstar he was
                          thinking it was the others that were selfish.

So in retrospect you kids really were not DOWN you were Off center.

That's cool So be it poor lil chillins'have no idea at all what they are missing.

I bet all kids know who Roth is from a pic -5 BUCKS- i bet kids 20 and under couldn't tell a Spam from a Diamond tune.5 Bucks!

Ps there was some good music.I am sure they didn't get to hear it unless they were at a -buds -house. Cause, it shure wasn't getting air time.Older bro layin down some Roth may have opened thier eyes to the Roth /Hagar differences.

Just think of the poor jr that had a older brother who was a spammie fan.......*shudder*..................*weeping* ..............................................Poor lil tike d'nn stand a chance....*sob*
                          Last edited by thome; 06-04-2007, 09:15 PM.

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

I was initially attracted by Edward and I kinda thought of Van Halen as his band. Many of my friends at the time thought the same way...

Comment

• Polk High
                              Sniper
                              • Jan 2004

some of the people who i work w/ who are freshmen in college haven't the slightest idea of who VH is/was/are.
                              Of course the majority of them use their ipods and don't know exactly who is playing what song either.
                              We're gonna leave you smokin like the slow guy in Chernobyl

Comment

Working...