• Show
Clear All
  • ALinChainz
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

One Wild Ride

Local man goes for the ride of his life

Updated: June 6, 2007 09:35 PM EDT

PAW PAW -- The Michigan State Police Paw Paw Post and Van Buren County Central Dispatch began receiving strange reports of a man in a wheel chair being pushed by a semi truck on Wednesday afternoon.

The wheel chair of a 21-year-old man became lodged in the grill of a semi truck as the vehicle pulled out of a gas station. The semi then began driving down Red Arrow Highway, with its new and unusual hood ornament still attached.

Police initially thought the report might have been a prank until they started receiving more reports of the situation.

Troopers responded to the Ralph Moyle Trucking Company, located on Red Arrow Highway, where it was reported the semi truck had pulled in -- wheel chair and occupant still attached.

Troopers and officers discovered the man in the wheel chair, unharmed.

An investigation revealed the semi truck, owned by RMI, had pulled out of a local gas station. While doing so the young man in the wheel chair pulled in front of the semi truck. His wheel chair became lodged by its handles in the front grill of the semi truck. The unwitting semi truck driver then proceeded to travel west on Red Arrow Highway at speeds of approximately 50 MPH.

The semi traveled for an estimated four miles unknowingly pushing the man in the wheel chair.

Once the semi truck had pulled into the Ralph Moyle lot, Troopers approached him and advised him of the man in the wheel chair. The driver did not believe them until he stepped out of the truck and saw the man still sitting in his wheel chair.

Police said the man was unharmed and unfazed by the incident. The young man said it was quite a ride.

One trooper on the scene said it would be possible to work another 90 years in law enforcement and never see an incident such as this one, but they are just glad no one was injured.

WOOD.TV Story
  • Coyote
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

At least the guy enjoyed it.
    Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• ALinChainz
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Wonder if he had like the major bugs in his teeth.

Comment

• Redballjets88
        Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

that would suck so bad holy shit i would have pissed shat then had a heart attack
        R.I.P Van Halen 1978-1984

hopefully God will ressurect you

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

" I liked Sammy Hagar " FORD

Comment

• ALinChainz
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

They say he was wearing a belt and it saved him.

Truth is, he was stuck to that chair from creamin'em.

Comment

• Redballjets88
            Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

yeah, shit....no pun intended
            R.I.P Van Halen 1978-1984

hopefully God will ressurect you

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

" I liked Sammy Hagar " FORD

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

It says a lot about the quality of his wheelchair. Those things are made for slow walking speeds, not highway travel. Damn. Good thing he didn't hit a pothole.
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Dan
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Holy Shit.
                First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• smaz
                  Commando
                  • Mar 2004

They better have given him a lift home again.
                  Moving webhosts & will be making changes to the picture hosting - watch this space..

Comment

• Douglas T.
                    Full Member Status

• Nov 2005

Pioneers:
                    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/P5B5iB67Ld0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/P5B5iB67Ld0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aJcGw31gPu0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aJcGw31gPu0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
                    Last edited by Douglas T.; 06-07-2007, 08:22 AM.

Comment

• Roy Munson
                      Veteran
                      • Feb 2004

LMAO!!!! I was just going to post this.

I used to drive a big rig and you really have to be aware of what is going on in front of your hood. Shit, that truck has a deep, aerodynamic hood slope, too! The fucking guy must not have been paying attention.
                      Originally posted by ELVIS
                      I guess you're right...

Comment

• Douglas T.
                        Full Member Status

• Nov 2005

If he wasn't to busy freakin' out the kid should have taken off his shirt if he was physically able and waved it in the air above his head! might have worked!

Comment

• ALinChainz
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

The new station that reported this in our area is trying to get the dude a new wheelchair.

They are playing the 911 calls that came in, some people are literally freaking out. They showed the route the truck took and there are skid marks from the chair in the street.

Fucking crazy.

Comment

• Fairwrning
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

Wow...you cant make this stuff up...fuckin crazy
                            I cannot help but laugh everytime I think of this...
                            Glad the dude is ok....but dam this shit is funny!!

Comment

• Fairwrning
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

Can you imagine passing this guy and glancing over and seeing this guy in the chair..lmao..

Comment

Working...