X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Redballjets88
    Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

Partisanship

i know there are some strong democrats and strong republicans here, but IMO partisanship is ruining democracy in america. it makes politicians into puppets. if we had no parties we would have more independent thinkers and better people in office along with a true democracy, too bad this will never happen
    R.I.P Van Halen 1978-1984

hopefully God will ressurect you

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

" I liked Sammy Hagar " FORD
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

It's far beyond partisanship for me. A lot of people take my hatred of the BCE as a "partisan hatred of all Republicans" when that isn't the case at all.

I would no more vote for Hillary Clinton, Joe Lieberman, or Joe Biden (just to name a few) than I would for the BCE. The party they claim to be doesn't matter. The fascist agenda they support DOES.

And right now, THAT is the crucial issue in American politics: Do you want to continue becoming a fascist dictatorship, or do you want to return to the constitutional democratic republic we had before December 12, 2000?

If you're on the correct side of that issue, we can argue about the rest later. If you're on the wrong side of that issue, you're a treasonous piece of shit, and you can get the fuck out of my country, regardless of which party you claim to believe in.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• knuckleboner
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jan 2004

partisanship, in general isn't that bad. it can help get consensus to move things along.

on the other hand, it can, and often does, go too far to the extreme, where certain people promote partisianship above all else, regardless of the issue.

politics, government, and leadership are all a game of balance and compromise, and sometimes, partisianship cooperation is part of that.

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

Re: Partisanship

Originally posted by Redballjets88
        too bad this will never happen
        First of all, the United States is not a Democracy, but (as FORD points out) a democratic republic...

As far as partisanship, George Bush has reached out across the isle more than any President I can think of...

But if people like FORD continue to call this country (or rather it's leaders) a fascist dictatorship, then the lines between conservative and liberal are blurred...

Because if things were as FORD describes them, both parties and everyone else in government would be in on it, leaving us with only the illusion of choice...

The truth lies somewhere in the middle...

Comment

• hideyoursheep
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2007

Re: Re: Partisanship

Originally posted by ELVIS
          Because if things were as FORD describes them, both parties and everyone else in government would be in on it, leaving us with only the illusion of choice...

The truth lies somewhere in the middle...

It IS an illusion...

Remember Nader was taken off the ballot in '04 in Ohio. WHY? I don't know. And if you voted for him, it wouldn't count. Your choices are made for you.

Both Clinton and Dole wanted no part of Perot during the debates in 96.

Why? Your choice being made for you.

Whose making the choices? Both parties, and not you. Both of them are corrupt, and will do and say anything to remain in power, not even for the good of this country, but for the good of their party's agenda and contributors.

We need to break them off collectively before any sort of change in the way government conducts itself takes place. Status quo is killing the United States, and you're being told it's for the good of the country.

It's for the good of the party in power. Nothing else matters to them,and this administration has taken it to levels like I or even my grandparents have never experienced.
          I do not want my children left with corporate whore government they cannot control. Washington warned us of this.

Comment

• ODShowtime
            ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

As far as partisanship, George Bush has reached out across the isle more than any President I can think of...

then think harder!
            gnaw on it

Comment

• hideyoursheep
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Jan 2007

Re: Re: Re: Partisanship

Originally posted by ODShowtime
              then think harder!

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Then you aren't thinking. Chimpy is the most partisan pResident in history.

But if people like FORD continue to call this country (or rather it's leaders) a fascist dictatorship, then the lines between conservative and liberal are blurred...

Lines between conservative and liberal are blurred when you have supposed "liberals" voting to authorize, and later continue a war against a country which was NEVER a threat to the United States of America. Lines are further blurred when false liberals seem to support the agenda of a right wing extremist agenda of a foreign government (AIPAC)

Now that's not "everyone in government". It's not even every Democrat in DC. But it IS far too many. And it's the overwhelming majority of Republicans, with notable exceptions like Ron Paul. And Chuck Hagel, at least as far as the continued occupation is concerned.

Where the illusion of choice comes in is when the voters send a clear mandate, and elect candidates who say they will stop this sickening illegal and immoral travesty in Iraq, and yet the AIPAC whores in charge ignore that clear message.

The American people want this Iraq bullshit OVER, and we said so last November. The government which, by law, is supposed to represent OUR wishes, is doing anything BUT, and instead serving the interests of corporations and foreign powers. How long will this treason be allowed to continue?
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

Please tell me you are kidding.
                  ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                  Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• EAT MY ASSHOLE
                    Veteran
                    • Feb 2006

Dude, I'm begging you. BEGGING: Have a drink. Just one. PLEASE.

This sobriety/teetotaling thing is obviously fucking with your brain's chemistry.
                    RIM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Redballjets88
                      Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

Originally posted by hideyoursheep
                      It IS an illusion...

Remember Nader was taken off the ballot in '04 in Ohio. WHY? I don't know. And if you voted for him, it wouldn't count. Your choices are made for you.

Both Clinton and Dole wanted no part of Perot during the debates in 96.

Why? Your choice being made for you.

Whose making the choices? Both parties, and not you. Both of them are corrupt, and will do and say anything to remain in power, not even for the good of this country, but for the good of their party's agenda and contributors.

We need to break them off collectively before any sort of change in the way government conducts itself takes place. Status quo is killing the United States, and you're being told it's for the good of the country.

It's for the good of the party in power. Nothing else matters to them,and this administration has taken it to levels like I or even my grandparents have never experienced.
                      I do not want my children left with corporate whore government they cannot control. Washington warned us of this.

i totally agree, people trying to get into politics must pick a side if the want a chance. independents or 3rd party canidates dont make it. and its bullshit. im sick of the 2 parties controling all of america.

another thing is that people who dont pay attention to politics will vote for their preferred party's canidate even when they have no idea what they stand for
                      R.I.P Van Halen 1978-1984

hopefully God will ressurect you

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

" I liked Sammy Hagar " FORD

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2007

i totally agree, people trying to get into politics must pick a side if the want a chance. independents or 3rd party canidates dont make it. and its bullshit. im sick of the 2 parties controling all of america.

another thing is that people who dont pay attention to politics will vote for their preferred party's canidate even when they have no idea what they stand for
                        GO FORTH,AND SPREAD THE GOSPEL TO THE WORLD.

Comment

• scamper
                          Commando
                          • May 2005

Best post of the year.

Comment

Working...