X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rikk
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

HOSTEL and other such films

OK, maybe I sound like an old man that's passed the 30 point and doesn't know what's to like these days.

But is it just me or is this whole HOSTEL/SAW and other torture film craze just fucking sick?

I just read a review of the new HOSTEL film...it discusses the "plot" of rich folks kidnapping unsuspecting victims and then torturing them to death for fun. This is the plot.

I don't want any banning of films. I'm not saying these films shouldn't be allowed. That's a slippery slope. No censorship...I truly feel that.

I guess I just don't get it. I question people's tastes. I love horror films...my favorite genre. But hasn't it gotten just a little fucked up? It used to be based on actual scares with the occasional horrific moment. But films of taping people up and cutting them up?

I really don't get how someone can find the torturing and murder of an innocent girl to be good popcorn entertainment to cheer along with.

It's fucking sick. (Maybe I'm just getting old.)
    Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
    Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.
  • WelshJon
    Groupie
    • Aug 2004

Re: HOSTEL and other such films

Originally posted by Rikk
    OK, maybe I sound like an old man that's passed the 30 point and doesn't know what's to like these days.

But is it just me or is this whole HOSTEL/SAW and other torture film craze just fucking sick?

I just read a review of the new HOSTEL film...it discusses the "plot" of rich folks kidnapping unsuspecting victims and then torturing them to death for fun. This is the plot.

I don't want any banning of films. I'm not saying these films shouldn't be allowed. That's a slippery slope. No censorship...I truly feel that.

I guess I just don't get it. I question people's tastes. I love horror films...my favorite genre. But hasn't it gotten just a little fucked up? It used to be based on actual scares with the occasional horrific moment. But films of taping people up and cutting them up?

I really don't get how someone can find the torturing and murder of an innocent girl to be good popcorn entertainment to cheer along with.

+1

A friend of mine brought around Hostel for me and my bro to watch. Just doesn't appeal to me at all.
    www.myspace.com/jonsudbury

Comment

• DLRdelight!
      Veteran
      • Jul 2004

there is no more horror films today anymore. i mean there have been attempts but now they just call them thrillers, in other words just trying to scare you with loud sounds.

Comment

• ULTRAMAN VH
        Commando
        • May 2004

I agree, Its like I woke up one morning and the world had completely changed. I don't understand this new fascination with torture and murder either. Just recently an 18 year woman was kidnapped in a Target parking lot and strangled to death. Reality is bad enough, I refuse to pay Hollyweird, to see this kind of sick twisted violence. I am to a point where I don't watch tv or go to movies. There really isn't any point anymore. I really don't think it is a great idea for Hollyweird to be desensitizing the youth to this kind of violence. Then again, parents should really be paying attention to what their kids are watching. Oh well, I guess I am getting old too.

Comment

• David Lee Rocks
          Sniper
          • Jan 2004

I can tell ya I have no desire to see people get cut up just for fun, a friend of mine liked Hostel and wanted me to see It, i told him no, It just gives me the heevie jeevies

Comment

• blonddgirl777
            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2005

... I just read a review of the new HOSTEL film... (Maybe I'm just getting old.)

Hi Rikk,

I saw "The Hostel" at home with my husband (it was his choice) and 2 other horor movies fans...

I mean... really... it got the effect on me that the producer probably wants his movie to have on people... :eek:

I sat there (unable to eat popcorn) and thought; "This could really happen to me..." as I remembered our last trip to Amsterdam... I truely got scared!

Then after, of course it's dark and you gotta go to bed... I couldn't close my eyes, I kept on thinking about some scenes...

That movie... UFF!
            http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...oman-movie.jpg
            Originally posted by Nitro Express
            ... What erases the linger of horniness more than Al Quaida? Then blondegirl can post some new hot dudes and stir a new wave of horniness...
            Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
            [B]... Cooking, I mean Cooking, is men's field...
            http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...i_triangle.jpg
            Originally posted by VanHalener
            ... Fight the Good Fight and Win!...
            Originally posted by FORD
            ... And let's face it, if mothers (except Chelsea Clinton's) ruled this world, there would be no goddamned war in the first place...

Comment

• blonddgirl777
              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2005

... I guess I just don't get it. I question people's tastes...
              People LOVE and thrive on that blood/sex/twisted shit...

Producers have to dig into their inner selves and find the most horrific things that could happen to a human being...

You know...
              Traffic slows down at the sight of an accident,
              Those "murder magazines" are top sellers here... people like to see real pictures taken before the cops got there,
              6 o'Clock news is always bad news,
              etc...

People's taste...
              What taste :confused:
              ... What erases the linger of horniness more than Al Quaida? Then blondegirl can post some new hot dudes and stir a new wave of horniness...
              ... And let's face it, if mothers (except Chelsea Clinton's) ruled this world, there would be no goddamned war in the first place...

Comment

• blonddgirl777
                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2005

OK, maybe I sound like an old man that's passed the 30 point and doesn't know what's to like these days...
                Don't worry...

As life gets to be more and more stressfull and busy, we tend to chose "Borat" over an overexciting and twisted movie to fall asleep on friday night...

Comment

• PlexiBrown
                  Commando
                  • Mar 2006

Yes, it is sick.
                  And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• The_KiD
                    Commando
                    • Jun 2005

I agree with Rikk. I really enjoy a good horror film but stuff like Hostel, Turistas, SAW, etc are more about Gore than horror. It would be great if someone could pull of new creative stuff that would hit you like the Original "Halloween", "The Shining", "The Excorcist", "Poltergeist" and the "Omen". Growing up, I loved those movies and they truly scared me..

KiD

Comment

• blonddgirl777
                      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2005

Originally posted by ULTRAMAN VH
                      ... I don't understand this new fascination with torture and murder either...
                      It's not new... unfortunately.

The access is easier but people have always been fascinated with torture, murder, prostitution, rape etc...

I'm not sayind EVERYBODY... I'm not.

But for exemple;
                      In this city there has been a lot of detectives and cops that where corrupted witht he medias so we had these (extremely good selling)tabloids named; "Allo Police" and "Photo Police" and others... they covered the crime scene and from the cover page to the last, it was all graphic pictures and texts...

Since the Romans (and before), mankind gets entertained by blood...

So really... it's nothing new...
                      Sick, but not surprising...

Comment

• blonddgirl777
                        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2005

Personally,

I refuse to watch a movie if there is a scene of rape, violence to children and eaven... torture to animals!

I just don't have time for this shit anynore...

Yeah... bring back Freddie!

Comment

• TAKIN WHISKEY
                          Commando
                          • Apr 2006

Agree 100% My 16 year old daughter always tries to get me to watch those types of movies. I have no interest at all. I too liked the horror movies growing up. Halloween, Friday the 13th, etc. the horror movies I always liked the most were the Stephen King type. These new films are sick.

Comment

• blonddgirl777
                            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2005

Originally posted by TAKIN WHISKEY
                            ... I always liked the most were the Stephen King type. These new films are sick.
                            Our "old school" horor movies where mostly all about stupid, unrealistic, almost funny stuff...

Now, it's about real life criminals; murderers, rapists, twisted sickos etc... stuff that you know exists, see on the news and all but really don't want to hear about!

There's enough chaos in this world... I don't need to add some more during my leisure time.

Comment

• David Lee Rocks
                              Sniper
                              • Jan 2004

to me The Exorcist, Carrie, The Omen, even Jaws are horror movies, way better than whats out there now

Comment

Working...