PDA

View Full Version : GENESIS Reunion

Rikk
06-11-2007, 12:41 PM
Yeah, I got tickets. Still love this band. Here's the initial set list.

Initial Set List For The 2007 European Leg of the Genesis Turn It On Again Tour
(Set List May Be Subject To Change)

Behind the Lines / Duke’s End / Turn It On Again
No Son Of Mine
Land of Confusion
In The Cage / The Cinema Show / Duke’s Travels / Afterglow
Hold on My Heart

Home by the Sea / Second Home By The Sea
Follow You Follow Me
Firth of Fifth / I Know What I Like
Mama

Ripples
Throwing It All Away

Domino
Drum Duet / Los Endos
Tonight, Tonight, Tonight / Invisible Touch

I Can’t Dance
Carpet Crawlers

DLR_EngineRoom
06-11-2007, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Rikk
Yeah, I got tickets. Still love this band. Here's the initial set list.

Initial Set List For The 2007 European Leg of the Genesis Turn It On Again Tour
(Set List May Be Subject To Change)

Behind the Lines / Duke’s End / Turn It On Again
No Son Of Mine
Land of Confusion
In The Cage / The Cinema Show / Duke’s Travels / Afterglow
Hold on My Heart

Home by the Sea / Second Home By The Sea
Follow You Follow Me
Firth of Fifth / I Know What I Like
Mama

Ripples
Throwing It All Away

Domino
Drum Duet / Los Endos
Tonight, Tonight, Tonight / Invisible Touch

I Can’t Dance
Carpet Crawlers

Where'd you get this list?

WTF NO ABACAB???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's All? Illegal Alien? Woulda been nice but no biggy...

Well I WAS gonna go but....seein' that ABA-F@#$%-CAB's my fave Genesis song....

I guess not...

Rikk
06-11-2007, 05:39 PM
I also love ABACAB.

Apparently, this is a written set list from rehearsals...it was posted on a fan site. It's listed as being the set list for the European tour.

It also will change throughout the tour, so they say.

I already got my two tickets. Yeah, it sucks that there's no ABACAB...but they are playing BEHIND THE LINES and FIRTH OF FIFTH...both of which are really awesome.

DLR_EngineRoom
06-11-2007, 06:06 PM
I also love ABACAB.

Apparently, this is a written set list from rehearsals...it was posted on a fan site. It's listed as being the set list for the European tour.

It also will change throughout the tour, so they say.

I already got my two tickets. Yeah, it sucks that there's no ABACAB...but they are playing BEHIND THE LINES and FIRTH OF FIFTH...both of which are really awesome.

I dunno man. I love the 2nd generation Genesis (couldn't relate to Gabriel's era and don't even talk about Genesis III), but Abacab still gives me goosebumps when I hear it (not kidding....I LOVE that song!)

If I had tickets I'd go (and I may still) but not playing ABACAB is a BIG dealbreaker for me. I know that may sound childish to a true fan (equivalent to a new VH fan saying if Dave & EVH don't play 'Beautiful Girls' they wouldn't go see a reunion show) but still.

Abacab. Abacab. Abacab.

Look up on the wall.....tell me do you think I'm to blame?

jasonmint
06-11-2007, 06:18 PM
Damn, Glad to see a couple of Genesis fans on this board, I've got about every bootleg imaginable from this band. I got my 2 tickets for the first Chicago show. Abacab would've been cool, they might be playing it by the time they get to the US, never know. A couple of surprises though, Ripples caught my attention, anything from the Trick album is welcome, IMHO. I just downloaded a bootleg of The Cage Medley from rehearsals yesterday, should be very interesting.

cvh 2007
06-11-2007, 06:27 PM
who in the hell cares go suck phil collins' cock

Rikk
06-11-2007, 06:29 PM
See you at the show, brother...;)

I have to say, I would be much happier if they played SQUONK. That is a helluva a powerful song and hasn't been played live in many, many tours.

jasonmint
06-11-2007, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by cvh 2007
who in the hell cares go suck phil collins' cock

Class dude, glad you are doing something constructive with your summer break from elementary school...

jasonmint
06-11-2007, 06:35 PM
See you at the show, brother...;)

I have to say, I would be much happier if they played SQUONK. That is a helluva a powerful song and hasn't been played live in many, many tours.

Yeah, Squonk is excellent, arguably the best track of ATOTT. I believe the Mama tour was the last time it saw the light. You going to the United Centre too, that's fuckin' cool

Rikk
06-11-2007, 06:38 PM
Thanks, bro.

I have a very busy summer ahead of me...including the move to the city we're talking about. It's gonna be very stressful, but very cool. And I have to secure a position, hopefully full-time, for the fall.

I've had the tickets for ages...me and the gf are excited about it!

Stay cool, my friend.:)

Rikk
06-11-2007, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by jasonmint
Yeah, Squonk is excellent, arguably the best track of ATOTT. I believe the Mama tour was the last time it saw the light. You going to the United Centre too, that's fuckin' cool

Yeah, it's my favorite off that album. I also enjoy ENTANGLED a lot...and I enjoy the title track. The opener is also very good. But nothing beats SQUONK. Though I think WIND AND WUTHERING is overall slightly better, there is no song off the first three Collins albums as good as SQUONK.

jasonmint
06-11-2007, 07:09 PM
Yeah, it's my favorite off that album. I also enjoy ENTANGLED a lot...and I enjoy the title track. The opener is also very good. But nothing beats SQUONK. Though I think WIND AND WUTHERING is overall slightly better, there is no song off the first three Collins albums as good as SQUONK.

Ahh, Entangled, Love It, sounded even better live. Dance on a Volcano awesome. Wind and Wuthering was probably the pinnacle for 4 man version, even though there were some tensions with Hackett during the recording of it, as happens many times, the results were great. And then There Were Three, while I believe underrated, a good not great transitional record, but they took off again with Duke.

jasonmint
06-11-2007, 07:12 PM
Thanks, bro.

I have a very busy summer ahead of me...including the move to the city we're talking about. It's gonna be very stressful, but very cool. And I have to secure a position, hopefully full-time, for the fall.

I've had the tickets for ages...me and the gf are excited about it!

Stay cool, my friend.:)

Wish you the best, very cool city, hopefully we'll see Vh there next year?:D

katie
06-11-2007, 07:13 PM

I already got my two tickets.

http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2006/01/20/brokeback_wideweb__470x299,0.jpg

Who's your friend Rikk? :confused:

MAX
06-12-2007, 08:59 AM
Pretty lame setlist IMO. I'm no huge fan of GENITALS but how could one not like at least a few of their tracks growin' up in the early 80's? Besides that, Collins is one badass drummer!!!

Bummer cos I'd actually wanna see them if they blew through town but not with that setlist.

Fuck, I think the only song's I'd enjoy hearing would be "Turn It On Again" and "Throwin' It All Away."

Seriously, what about "Abacab" or "That's All?" Fuck, there are several Collins solo songs I'd rather hear than that set.

Sorry to bitch about a show to which I'm not even attending. :(

Hope you enjoy the show though Rikk!!! :cool:

bueno bob
06-12-2007, 09:11 AM
We used to burn through Turn it On Again fairly regularly just for kicks (BEFORE Dream Theater made it OK to do so, anyway). I don't know...the set list looks kinda odd, but I'll go to see it anyway if it comes locally...

Rikk
06-12-2007, 10:40 AM
I think it's a great set list.

A lot of hits and a lot of older and longer songs too. It really mixes the best of both worlds.

bueno bob
06-12-2007, 10:42 AM
I think it's a great set list.

A lot of hits and a lot of older and longer songs too. It really mixes the best of both worlds.

True. I was expecting something a bit different, and less (if anything at all) from I Can't Dance, but...yeah, probably something for everybody there.

Was I the only one that thought Congo was a good song?

bueno bob
06-12-2007, 10:47 AM
In a perfect world, I'd be able to hear Abacab, In Too Deep, Like it or Not, Man On the Corner, Silver Rainbow, Misunderstanding, Taking it All Too Hard, That's All, No Reply at All, and It's Gonna Get Better in addition...but the setlist may fluctuate yet, so it's probably a wee bit early to throw in the towel yet.

MAX
06-12-2007, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Misunderstanding

Yup, that tune is another one I'd wanna hear!!!

DLR_EngineRoom
06-12-2007, 06:24 PM
Follow You Follow Me
Misunderstanding
Turn It On Again
ABACAB
No Reply At All
Man On The Corner
Mama
That's All
Home By The Sea
Illegal Alien
Invisible Touch
Tonight Tonight Tonight
Land Of Confusion
In Too Deep
Anything She Does
Throwing It All Away
The Brazilian
I Can't Dance

...without those songs - ESPECIALLY ABACAB! - I ain't interested...

Rikk
06-12-2007, 06:26 PM
Was I the only one that thought Congo was a good song?

Oh yeah. It was the one song that stood out from that period. Catchy little piece of music.

Rikk
06-12-2007, 06:28 PM
Silver Rainbow...It's Gonna Get Better...

You know your stuff. That self-titled album was excellent...and these were both among their best songs.

Jack68
06-12-2007, 08:03 PM
Concerning ABACAB Collins said they didnt even get through one reheasal of the song .He does not want to sing it.