PDA

View Full Version : Dale Earnhardt move to Hendrick

POJO_Risin
06-12-2007, 07:04 PM
Not that it matters...he'll be taking over Kurt Busch's car...

and it looks like he's keeping Budweiser as well.

It's all speculation...

He'll be taking over the #5 car of Kyle Busch...

which suprises me a bit....

He COULD take over the 25 car as well...with Mears moving over to the 5 car...

POJO_Risin
06-12-2007, 07:10 PM
#5 was the first car in the Hendrick's stable in 1984...with Geoff Bodine in the driver's seat. Ricky Rudd took over the rid in 1990, with Tide. Terry Labonte took over from him in 1994 I think...and won the cup in 1996. Kyle Busch then took over.

Now it looks like E...

Unchainme
06-12-2007, 08:30 PM
Great move for him..He'll be a lot more successful with Hendricks..Which are starting to become the New York Yankees of Nascar IMO.

cvh 2007
06-12-2007, 08:40 PM
all though i fucking hate hendrick.i will support jr

cvh 2007
06-12-2007, 08:44 PM
jr will now be on the same team as the amazingly gay duo

POJO_Risin
06-13-2007, 10:19 AM
Yeah...I'm not sure how I fell about it...

I can't stand fucking Hendrick's either...

I was hoping that he was going over to Childress...

With the engine deal that DEI and Childress signed...in the back of my mind I was thinking that he "moves" to Childress, and ultimately Childress and DEI merge to form a super team...with more funds...to compete with the super teams...

There would be nothing bigger than the 3 being driven FOR DEI...

I'm wondering...however...

if Hendrick in some form or fashion will allow Little E to own the car...

like Gordan being a part owner of Jimmy Johnson's car...

I don't know...

Steve Savicki
06-13-2007, 11:24 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?slug=ap-nascar--earnhardtfuture&prov=ap&type=lgns

So I wonder what will happen to Sr.'s company... is Theresa sponsoring any drivers?

Ally_Kat
06-13-2007, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Steve Savicki
http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?slug=ap-nascar--earnhardtfuture&prov=ap&type=lgns

So I wonder what will happen to Sr.'s company... is Theresa sponsoring any drivers?

Truex and Menard. Plus talk is Kyle is going to DEI.

Truex is a pretty decent driver. He won his first race a week or two ago. Oddly enough, after Dale mentioned he was leaving DEI, Martin's been finishingbetter and better. Haha! Conspiracy

:p j/k

Ally_Kat
06-13-2007, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
Yeah...I'm not sure how I fell about it...

I can't stand fucking Hendrick's either...

I was hoping that he was going over to Childress...

With the engine deal that DEI and Childress signed...in the back of my mind I was thinking that he "moves" to Childress, and ultimately Childress and DEI merge to form a super team...with more funds...to compete with the super teams...

There would be nothing bigger than the 3 being driven FOR DEI...

I'm wondering...however...

if Hendrick in some form or fashion will allow Little E to own the car...

like Gordan being a part owner of Jimmy Johnson's car...

I don't know...

I don't know how to feel either. The boy's easy on the eyes, but what really appealed to me was that he was relatable. He wore jeans and a tshirt, and sometimes he was scruffy. Over at Hendrick, they're all professional and starched shirts. Not something I want to see Dale turned into. I think that would steal his charm.

Plus, Budweiser has to go with him. Can we honestly see him in the Cornflake Car? According to Bud's statement, they're "looking forward" to working out the details with this move. I think Jimmie has some Bud ties, too, no?

I think the big thing is that Rick is going to help out JrMS with the engines and all that, so that Dale can continue setting up his own company. That's part of the deal he was looking for.

What I was surprised at was the 5 yr deal, because he said he didn't want to do this ever again.

I gotta stew with this for a while. Not happy with Hendrick and seeing a neon yellow number on his car is not coming across as cool.

Va Beach VH Fan
06-14-2007, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
Over at Hendrick, they're all professional and starched shirts. Not something I want to see Dale turned into.

Jesus H. Christ, you've got to be fucking kidding me, now their fucking SHIRTS are too nice ???

No wonder NASCAR's 15 minutes are about up.

svrwthr
06-15-2007, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Steve Savicki

Theresa owns Sr.'s company. The problem is that it should have been Jr's and Theresa should have kept some say in what went on but not been left top owner.

I like Jr but not my fav. Matty boy is, Go 17.

Ally_Kat
06-15-2007, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
Jesus H. Christ, you've got to be fucking kidding me, now their fucking SHIRTS are too nice ???

No wonder NASCAR's 15 minutes are about up.

Um, no. Hendrick has his drivers act and dress a certain way. They turn into corporate boys. A good part of Jr's appeal is he is NASCAR's rock-and-roll guy, laid back, jeans & t-shirt guy. The HMS drivers are like Wall Street brokers, like so:

http://x5a.xanga.com/1b7d824605732129069338/w93855134.jpg

Obviously, if this guy starts messing with how Jr presents himself, he's going to be a different Jr than we've known/seen so far in his racing career.

It's more than "the shirts are too nice"

Va Beach VH Fan
06-16-2007, 12:41 PM
Obviously, if this guy starts messing with how Jr presents himself, he's going to be a different Jr than we've known/seen so far in his racing career.

It's more than "the shirts are too nice"

Gee, maybe now the guy might actually start winning races like he's been trumped up to be since his old man died....

Ally_Kat
06-17-2007, 06:07 PM
Gee, maybe now the guy might actually start winning races like he's been trumped up to be since his old man died....

Dude, wth are you talking about? His first Cup season he was breaking track records and won 3 races. In '04 he won 7 races. He stopped winning in 05 and all DEI's race teams were struggling. Hell, they really didn't start running well since this whole Jr leaving DEI thing. And I honestly think they stepped Martin's shop side up because they had to disprove what people were saying about the team.

A driver's talent will only take him so far. He's got to have money, equipment, and all that.

Redballjets88
06-17-2007, 06:17 PM

yeah look at what ally said and then factor in the fact that he was dominating the busch series every year. he is a damn good driver. theresea has no idea how to run a team

svrwthr
06-17-2007, 06:48 PM
The question should be is what number is he going to run? It could be 8 but hendrick has to give up 5 and they wont do that since it is a personal thing. It may be 25 but doubt it. How about sponsors? Kelloggs won't change/give up to bud on the 5, and bud, i believe has already said they want to stick with the car and number 8 that they already retain. If jr doesn't retain the red, bud and number 8, what are those 2 stupid asses that tattoo'd jr's 8 on themselves going to do? Whatever happens can only be better for Jr because he is not going anywhere butting heads with step mommy.

Va Beach VH Fan
06-17-2007, 06:57 PM
A driver's talent will only take him so far. He's got to have money, equipment, and all that.

So you're telling me that DEI couldn't obtain money, equipment, and all that ?? Are you serious ??

Originally posted by Redballjets88
yeah look at what ally said and then factor in the fact that he was dominating the busch series every year. he is a damn good driver. theresea has no idea how to run a team

Dominating the Busch Series, uh, OK dude....

Look, I like Jr., no doubt he's great for NASCAR. And I also like now that he's going to join Hendrick, you know, the team that actually wins championships.

But even Jr. himself has admitted that he's underperformed compared to what was expected of him.

POJO_Risin
06-18-2007, 09:34 AM
1. Hendrick has too many deals with too many sponsors to just throw them away. He's not that kind of owner.

2. You have to be absolutely insane if you think Theresa is just going to hand over the #8, for the #5.

3. That #5 car will end up red.

4. Junior is big enough that he may have two BIG sponsors at once...Bud and Cornflakes...lmfao...the college students breakfast...

Funny...Junior is getting a lot of the flak that Gordon has gotten in the past...it's not the driver...it's the team and the owner...

which happens to be true.

Earnhardt is a good driver. Underperform? Sure...he doesn't win anymore...that's underperforming...but it's also DEI. IT's not that they don't have the money to compete. It's that they don't have the development that Hendrick's has. Once the motor isn't as good...there's not much you can do.

Will he win more at Hendrick's? I don't know...we shall see...

svrwthr
06-18-2007, 01:50 PM
If I had to see anyone other than Matt win, it would have to be Jr. i don't like the lol RAINBOW Warrior, Johnson or that mouthy SOB Tony "Smoke" Stewart. Wonder why they call him smoke. Does he hit the pipe before a race?

ya I know Rusty doesn't race anymore but I made this years ago
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/Bonsi36/17Stealthbomber.jpg