PDA

View Full Version : Big trouble solo....my version !!

Tweezersguitar
06-18-2007, 07:01 PM
I've always loved Vais playing on that track so when i got the bootleg minus the solo i thought YESSSSS !!

I had to time stretch the bootleg to match the original by about 1.05% or something lol Oh and i didnt do the tapping section (sorry i'm lazy):p but i think it sounds not bad..

http://www.zshare.net/audio/23231881c03d0a/

Diamondjimi
06-18-2007, 07:52 PM
http://web.syr.edu/~rtharper/bullshit.jpg

Zzzzzzzz :rolleyes:

Next !

TongueNGroove
06-19-2007, 01:31 AM
Since I am an avid guitar player myself and huge Vai fan I would have to say that kicked ass, if I knew exactly which parts you did or didn't play and how many of the over dubs were you etc..

But overall that was badass.

Loons The Great
06-19-2007, 01:44 AM
What did music ever do to you, weezer?

GO-SPURS-GO
06-19-2007, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by Tweezersguitar
I've always loved Vais playing on that track so when i got the bootleg minus the solo i thought YESSSSS !!

I had to time stretch the bootleg to match the original by about 1.05% or something lol Oh and i didnt do the tapping section (sorry i'm lazy):p but i think it sounds not bad..

http://www.zshare.net/audio/23231881c03d0a/

LOVED IT!!!!!! Little heavier tone than Vai, but I loved it. 2 thumbs up. Eat Em' And Smile is the best rock album ever. I would love to hear you play "Ladies Night In Buffalo" or "The Audience Is Listening." Do you have a myspace web-site or any place to hear your other work. Take Care... :cool:

jero
06-19-2007, 03:43 AM
You sound the same as Vai. Good playing!

Tweezersguitar
06-19-2007, 04:23 AM
Thanks for the positive remarks !

Its all me recorded on cubase with an Ibanez 2550 & guitar rig2, i couldnt get the tone right for the first note of the solo, ( i dont have a 'green meanie charvel' or a marshall stack unfortunately !) but it'll do...!! Theres also a lot of takes spliced together in there i just took the best ones..

www.myspace.com/iamtweezer is the band i'm in...the two songs uploaded at the mo are just
demos and i'm not even playing on them!...we have however just recorded an album (cubase again lol)...just vocals to do,so hopefully we'll get some up soon.

Just for fun..here is the original panned right and me left (the timing difference becomes more out of sync towards the end tho..)

http://www.zshare.net/audio/23341083a8fa1f/

col5150
06-19-2007, 08:39 AM
Thanks for the positive remarks !

Its all me recorded on cubase with an Ibanez 2550 & guitar rig2, i couldnt get the tone right for the first note of the solo, ( i dont have a 'green meanie charvel' or a marshall stack unfortunately !) but it'll do...!! Theres also a lot of takes spliced together in there i just took the best ones..

www.myspace.com/iamtweezer is the band i'm in...the two songs uploaded at the mo are just
demos and i'm not even playing on them!...we have however just recorded an album (cubase again lol)...just vocals to do,so hopefully we'll get some up soon.

Just for fun..here is the original panned right and me left (the timing difference becomes more out of sync towards the end tho..)

http://www.zshare.net/audio/23341083a8fa1f/

Hey tweezer is it tickets at the door for your 13th note gig? my brother i were gonna pop along

Tweezersguitar
06-19-2007, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by col5150
Hey tweezer is it tickets at the door for your 13th note gig? my brother i were gonna pop along

I believe it is aye...we've done one other gig to date and i#m craping myself already lol

Loons The Great
06-19-2007, 11:19 AM
I was jus' jivin', tweez...sounds like you are makin' that ol' fiddle talk nah!!...Big Trouble...how 'bout some Tobacco Road??

Tweezersguitar
06-19-2007, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Loons The Great
I was jus' jivin', tweez...sounds like you are makin' that ol' fiddle talk nah!!...Big Trouble...how 'bout some Tobacco Road??

That would be a challange:D

Any backing tracks of it anywhere ?

Loons The Great
06-19-2007, 11:42 AM
I don't know anything 'bout no backin' tracks...but here's a link to the original Tobacco Road...

http://www.nashville-teens.com/Main06.htm

eddie007
06-19-2007, 12:39 PM
Nice job!

....can't stand Steve Vai though.......sorry

But, you are good player, that's all that matters.

....so.....how about some Hendrix, Beck, Moore, Rhoads,AC/DC,VanHalen etc............................

...you know something will hold our attention

DaveTheSoulOfVH
06-19-2007, 04:58 PM
great playing Tweezersguitar !!!

now you can learn the tapping section, good luck !!! ;)

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UG_s3JCk5Ms"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UG_s3JCk5Ms" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

indeedido
06-19-2007, 07:10 PM
I love Vai. Great job!

indeedido
06-19-2007, 07:11 PM
That tapping section is a MONSTER

ELVIS
06-19-2007, 08:34 PM
Theres also a lot of takes spliced together in there i just took the best ones..

You can't play a one minute piece straight through even leaving out the more difficult parts ??

It's also out of tune...

:elvis:

jharp84
06-19-2007, 08:41 PM
Leave it too ELVIS!!!!!! CLASSIC!!!!!!!!!!

jharp84
06-19-2007, 08:42 PM
OK I fucked up on the too! Before he nails me!! TO! Ya Bastard!

ELVIS
06-19-2007, 08:54 PM
:D

DrMaddVibe
06-19-2007, 09:06 PM
wow...I thought you did a good job.

ELVIS
06-19-2007, 10:37 PM
It's not bad...

Seshmeister
06-19-2007, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by indeedido
That tapping section is a MONSTER

I remember spending hour after hour trying to do it back in the day and eventually just giving up.

As if it isn't bad enough the timing is a bit weird too, 13th notes or something. It's a misery.

jhale667
06-20-2007, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
I remember spending hour after hour trying to do it back in the day and eventually just giving up.

As if it isn't bad enough the timing is a bit weird too, 13th notes or something. It's a misery.

I love stuff like that. :D The dude in the video, Guthrie Govan nails it....:baaa:

And the first one's not too bad. ;)

Dan
06-20-2007, 03:05 AM
It was O.K.

ELVIS
06-20-2007, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by jhale667
I love stuff like that. :D The dude in the video, Guthrie Govan nails it....:baaa:

He sure does...

I purposely don't tap but I can do it a bit...

I'm old enough to remember when everyone and his brother could tap out long passages like that, so I said right then "not me" and went more towards the Yngwie route of actually playing the guitar...;)

Hey tweezer or whatever...

Just splice Guthrie Govan's tapping in with your part and walla!

LMAO!

Panamark
06-20-2007, 03:50 PM
I still think tapping is cool...
I must be the only one left on earth :)
Some of those old Randy Rhodes solos are
great fun..

jharp84
06-20-2007, 03:59 PM
LONG LIVE THA TAP!!!!!!!!!!

Seshmeister
06-20-2007, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
He sure does...

I'm old enough to remember when everyone and his brother could tap out long passages like that, so I said right then "not me" and went more towards the Yngwie route of actually playing the guitar...;)

I was everyone and their brother but the BT is particularly difficult.

kentuckyklira
06-20-2007, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
He sure does...

Hey tweezer or whatever...

Just splice Guthrie Govan's tapping in with your part and walla!

LMAO! Why not do both?

I treated (forced?) myself to a little refresher today, playing White Lionīs "Hungry". Vito plays a wicked tapped fill there right before the first chorus!

ELVIS
06-20-2007, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
I was everyone and their brother but the BT is particularly difficult.

I agree...

I watched that Guthrie Govan lesson about 20 times...

Besides being a difficult tapping part it's very nice musically...

I don't know if what he does is exact (probably not) but he nails it...

I never said I didn't like tapping, I just wanted to be kinda original, if that's even possible anymore...

:elvis:

Seshmeister
06-20-2007, 11:24 PM
Almost every Vito Bratto solo is better than Yngwie.

ELVIS
06-20-2007, 11:26 PM
Haha...