X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unchainme
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Apr 2005

okay..this is wierd..

Studio albums: Van Halen | Van Halen II | Women and Children First | Fair Warning | Diver Down | 1984 | 5150 | OU812 | For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge | Balance | Van Halen III

Compilations, live albums: Live: Right Here, Right Now | Van Halen US Festival 83 | Best of Volume I
    The Best of Both Worlds

I know Wiki isn't exactly the most reliable source..But As I recall, they had info on the Howard Stern/DLR deal, MONTHS before it happened...But, This would be odd if this was true..Or maybe it's just some jackhole who wanted to list the bootleg version as real...I'm hoping it's the former..

Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team
  • Unchainme
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Apr 2005

Triumph has realeased an Album of their set at US..Motley shown footage on Vh1 of their preformance..So it Exists in stuff other than our Boots..

Comment

• Terry
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Yeah, but it's kinda hard to get excited about the US Fest.

Even if the footage and audio was cleaned up a bit for an official release, the US Fest is probably a combination of one of the easiest CVH bootlegs to obtain and one of the better sounding/looking ones as well.
      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• tjvhou812
        Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

and plus they would edit the shit out of it
        Originally posted by RIKK

Now, tj was indeed a major cunt. Indeed, he probably still is.

Comment

• Unchainme
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Terry
          Yeah, but it's kinda hard to get excited about the US Fest.

Even if the footage and audio was cleaned up a bit for an official release, the US Fest is probably a combination of one of the easiest CVH bootlegs to obtain and one of the better sounding/looking ones as well.
          Sad But True..But..I like having it "Officially" for the packaging and such..

So This would be neat to finally see it released officially..

Comment

• king of rock
            Roth Army Recruit
            • Mar 2007

If I remember correctly all of that footage was recorded for an hbo special.It's obvious that it's a pro recording.I am sure there have a ton of pro recorded shows through the years,I've seen clips that look like they are multiple angles,close ups etc.,case in point the panama video.

Comment

• matt19
              Sniper
              • Mar 2005

Wiki isnt very reliable, but heres to hoping.

:bottle:
              Long Live Classic VH

Comment

• Terry
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by tjvhou812
                and plus they would edit the shit out of it
                You can already hear the post-show recording that went on between the US boots of the live broadcast versus the edited set that went out on Showtime, especially on the lead vocals.

Would be only natural for them TO edit it. Page edited the shit out of much of what ended up on the LZ dvd set from several years back, and tweaked various tracks with reverb, spliced together audio takes of the various MSG, Earl's Court and Knebworth shows for the video, etc.

It's part of why I prefer boots. Even if the audio and video quality isn't 100% of what an official "live" release would be, it's the unedited live representations of a given band that I dig.
                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...