PDA

View Full Version : K.G. to L.A.?!?

ALinChainz
06-25-2007, 08:51 PM
AFP

June 25, 2007

LOS ANGELES (AFP) - Owners of the Los Angeles Lakers and Minnesota Timberolves have started talks about a possible four-team blockbuster deal that would send Kevin Garnett to the Lakers to play alongside Kobe Bryant, the Los Angeles Times reported Monday.

The newspaper, citing unnamed National Basketball Association sources, said the discussions involve Indiana as well while ESPN added to the mix, saying Boston would obtain Jermaine O'Neal from the Pacers as part of the mega-trade.

Under the plan, Garnett would come to the Lakers while the Pacers would obtain Lamar Odom and teen center Andrew Bynum from the Lakers with young players and draft picks going to Minnesota.

The Times reported that Lakers owner Jerry Buss and Glen Taylor, owner of the Timberwolves, ended their 20-minute telephone call by saying their top basketball executives should continue the talks.

The deal should make Bryant happy. The Lakers' superstar guard has expressed his unhappiness several times in the past month about the state of the Lakers and his desire to see the club make moves to become competitive.

Obtaining Garnett, who has stayed with Minnesota despite frustrating years and an inability to play beyond the first round of the playoffs.

Garnett, 31, has watched the Timberwolves lose to the Lakers in the 2004 Western Conference finals and fail to qualify for the playoffs since then. They were 32-50 last season.

Garnett can opt out of his contract after next season, so the T-wolves might want to obtain something in exchange for him rather than watch him depart for nothing in return.

He is due to make 22 million dollars next season and 23 million dollars in the 2008-2009 season.

Ten-time All-Star Garnett averaged 22.4 points, 12.8 rebounds, 4.1 assists and 1.7 blocked shots a game last season.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=afp-basketnbalakers&prov=afp&type=lgns

Romeo Delight
06-25-2007, 10:08 PM
Make that trade Lakers...

Romeo Delight
06-26-2007, 02:26 PM
If I was Minny, I would rather have Shawn Marion than Odom.

Who knows with Bynum...

Well, I am biased...KG would sure look good in a Phoenix uni. They want Amare I am sure.

Amare is so young and already dominant. You can't trade Amare, even for KG

POJO_Risin
06-26-2007, 03:07 PM
I don't care who the Lakers trade for...

Kobe will never play for the Lakers again...

SA ME WHO
06-26-2007, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
I don't care who the Lakers trade for...

Kobe will never play for the Lakers again...

My thing is: are the Lakers entering talks about this to see what Kobe will say? Are they going into them with a master plan that will involve another deal for Kobe because they KNOW he won't be back?

It seems like, particularly if this deal comes off, we could be in for quite a bit more big news this summer.

chi-town324
06-26-2007, 07:54 PM
Lakers...are in panic mode

Va Beach VH Fan
06-26-2007, 09:47 PM
I heard the Celtics pulled out of their part....

I bet they'll still make the trade....

If only to piss Pojo off.... ;)

Romeo Delight
06-26-2007, 10:40 PM
What was their plan?

Hope Bynum can average 9 points a game instead of 3?

Please. Maybe Smush can work on his outside shot:rolleyes:

They should have been in panic mode the day they were out of the playoffs.

ALinChainz
06-26-2007, 10:44 PM
or the day Shaq left ...

Romeo Delight
06-27-2007, 01:45 AM
Hilarious

Romeo Delight
06-27-2007, 10:17 AM
Yes...they're trying to work a deal with Phoneix!

Marion doesn't want to go to Minny or Boston. Who can blame him.

Go Suns

POJO_Risin
06-27-2007, 12:38 PM
Kobe will never...ever...play for the Lakers again.

I can't believe nobody wants to play for the Celtics...

how does Ainge not get fucking fired...

ALinChainz
06-27-2007, 12:57 PM
The coach or players that bring the Celts back to prominence will be treated as royalty in Boston.

Won't happen until Ainge leaves.

SA ME WHO
06-27-2007, 01:12 PM

Matt Millen and he must be sharing secrets about that.

ALinChainz
06-27-2007, 03:12 PM
The latest talk now is KG going to Phoenix, Amare going to Atlanta, and Minnesota getting the Hawks' #3 and #11 draft choices.

Atlanta would also like to unlaod a contract like Speedy Claxton.

If this falls through again, Phoenix may be looking at dealing with Charlotte for their #8.

chi-town324
06-27-2007, 08:05 PM
if the Suns get KG they will be unstoppable...KG, NASH, AMARIE...WOW

ALinChainz
07-01-2007, 12:15 PM
Amare wouldn't be in Phoenix if KG goes there, he's the only player that could get the deal done.

ALinChainz
07-01-2007, 12:16 PM
Serious KG talk between Wolves and Mavs

Friday, Jun 29, 2007 4:05 pm EDT

Trade talks for Minnesota Timberwolves forward Kevin Garnett shifted from a possible Phoenix destination, with the Dallas Mavericks seriously entering the discussions for the first time, according to a league source. The teams talked extensively Thursday but could not reach an agreement on specifics, according to another source.

Source: McClatchy News Service

ALinChainz
07-01-2007, 12:17 PM
Warriors-Timberwolves talk prospects for KG

Sunday, Jul 1, 2007 11:48 am EDT

The Golden State Warriors jumped into the Kevin Garnett sweepstakes with both feet on draft day, trading popular Jason Richardson to Charlotte for young Brandan Wright, whom they hadn't even worked out.

With the Minnesota Timberwolves seeking prospects, the Warriors are now offering Wright, Monta Ellis and Patrick O'Bryant.

Minnesota is asking for Andris Biedrins. Golden State is offering Al Harrington instead and may also insist that Garnett waive his $6.5-million trade kicker, so it's not done yet.

Source: Los Angeles Times

chi-town324
07-01-2007, 12:19 PM
would like to see KG in Oakland..they could make some serious noise next year

chi-town324
07-01-2007, 12:19 PM
who would Dallas give up if KG went there?

jharp84
07-01-2007, 12:30 PM

Especially for his draft day trade! I thought Ray Allen was done!!

jharp84
07-01-2007, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by chi-town324
would like to see KG in Oakland..they could make some serious noise next year

I'll second that!!

jharp84
07-01-2007, 03:06 PM
Here's the fuckin deal! Garnett to BULLS!!! GODDAMITT!! WE give up
Joakin Noah(next coming of tyrus thomas!), CHRIS DUHON, P.J BROWN AND ANDRES NOCIONI!! If more needed, then piss off!! Will give REINSDORF'S CASH for not signing burhle, I am a cub fan anyway! So FUCK THAT!!

Redballjets88
07-01-2007, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by chi-town324
who would Dallas give up if KG went there?

im from dallas and i wouldnt want KG on the mavs. but i would take Dirk for Kobe