Dan
06-26-2007, 02:45 PM
Maybe Next Year.:D

Dan
06-26-2007, 02:45 PM
Maybe Next Year.:D

FORD
06-26-2007, 03:43 PM
You never know...... Elvis is touring again with his Vegas era band. Saw the concert on PBS the other day.

sadaist
06-26-2007, 03:56 PM
I'm surprised his old band mates haven't toured with someone like Lenny Kravitz under the title "An Evening Of Jimi Hendrix Music". The Doors did it.

Hardrock69
06-26-2007, 04:07 PM
Well, there are only 3 of his "old band mates" left.

Buddy Miles is not well enough to do a full on tour. He still weighs about 350 pounds or whatever and spends lotsa time in a wheelchair. He is playing the Coach House in San Juan Capistrano, CA in Sept. though.

Mitch Mitchell is an alcoholic from what I hear, and does not play anymore.

Billy Cox does the occasional show. Usually tribute shows for Jimi.

That is it. Noel Redding is dead.

Billy Cox and Buddy Miles released an album last year called "The Band Of Gypsys Returns" which received a minimal amount of publicity and marketing when it came out.

The company called Experience Hendrix run by this bitch who only was ever in the same room with Jimi once in her miserable life is raking in over 30 million dollars a year, but does not do a whole lot to help out Mitch, Buddy or Billy.

It is kinda sad really.

Oh well.

katie
06-26-2007, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
Fucking morons....
:rolleyes:

http://i12.tinypic.com/4y5gmr4.jpg

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ntzCi1lu2ys"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ntzCi1lu2ys" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

cdwillis
07-12-2007, 10:02 AM
Actually Billy Cox and Mitch Mitchell did some shows with Andy Aledort on guitar a year or two ago.

hideyoursheep
07-12-2007, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
The company called Experience Hendrix run by this bitch who only was ever in the same room with Jimi once in her miserable life is raking in over 30 million dollars a year, but does not do a whole lot to help out Mitch, Buddy or Billy.

It is kinda sad really.

Oh well.

That wouldn't be his step-sister would it?

I heard Jimi's younger brother Leon bitching about how she won all the legal use of the name, payment for posthumous releases,etc. and doesn't share with anybody. She met him all of 10 minutes or something when he was alive.

Hardrock69
07-12-2007, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by cdwillis
Actually Billy Cox and Mitch Mitchell did some shows with Andy Aledort on guitar a year or two ago.

Yes. That is true. Though I am unaware of Billy having any shows scheduled in the near future.

I have an inside source that keeps me up to speed on what Billy is doing these days.
;)

Hardrock69
07-12-2007, 11:41 AM
Billy's band played a gig last September here in Gnashville.

I videotaped it, as well as taking some pix.

Here is one in low resolution:

http://i9.tinypic.com/6he23yg.jpg

Mr Badguy
07-12-2007, 03:39 PM
Shit, I`m signing up for a notification of when those tickets are available.

:D

Hardrock69
07-13-2007, 12:42 AM
LMFAO!!!!

Try bringing a Ouija board to Jimi's grave and see if you can get in touch with him lol.

Hardrock69
07-13-2007, 12:42 AM
Argh..double post.
:rolleyes:

Hardrock69
07-13-2007, 12:46 AM
When Billy gigs around Nashville, he uses a dude named Jimmy Otey on drums.

He played for James Brown in the 60s and can be heard on the Godfather's hit single "Sex Machine".

He also played for Little Richard, and a lot of other R & B greats.

Terry
07-15-2007, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by hideyoursheep

I heard Jimi's younger brother Leon bitching about how she won all the legal use of the name, payment for posthumous releases,etc. and doesn't share with anybody. She met him all of 10 minutes or something when he was alive.

And thankfully she rescued Jimi's estate from his actual flesh and blood (although there is some contention as to Leon actually being a blood relation - but Jimi and his father Al Hendrix never treated him differently while Jimi was alive) - rescued so she could put Jimi's likeness on bottles of vodka.

The estate as administered by his step-sister did do some decent stuff for the music in the mid-to-late 1990s, especially in reissuing a newer, improved version of First Rays of the New Rising Sun out there, as well as some other videos and some previously unreleased material. Initially it was done with a bit of taste and concern for the music. After Hendrix's father died, though, they just began slapping his logo on everything. Weirdest was Jimi Hendrix "approved" effect pedals that would allow one to play using sampled Hendrix sounds and tones (to get a 'Purple Haze' tone, etc.).

Being that Jimi has been dead for closing in on 40 fucking years, how does one get his 'approval'? Through a seance?

Greedy vultures.

LstLkly2Succeed
07-15-2007, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by hideyoursheep

It figures that it would be an evil step-sister. Walt Disney would be proud.

Hardrock69
07-16-2007, 01:05 PM
The Hendrix Vodka was something done with Leon Hendrix, and the no-flesh-and-blood-bitch Janey has of course issued a press release saying Experience Hendrix LLC has nothing to do with it.

Funny though, the press release makes no mention of any intent to sue Leon.

Sure Experience Hendrix LLC has done some neat stuff.

But ya know what? THere is TONS of stuff available in bootleg world that kicks fucking ass, but it is doubtful it will ever get officially released.

For instance, when Jimi died, Warner Bros. had 184 reels of multi-track tape in their vaults.

Also, in 1967, a film crew filmed several concerts in Germany in their entirety.

The film has never been seen by anyone. I wonder what happened to it?

Thank god for bootlegs.

If it were not for Bootleg World, the public would never see a lot of stuff.

Hell, I just got done last week downloading a 20-cd set called "The Complete Woodstock: From Havens To Hendrix". 85% of the songs performed at Woodstock are in that compilation, which is way more complete than anything that was ever released officially.

It even includess the two songs that have never been released from the Hendrix set ("Gypsy Woman", and "Mastermind").

Fuck Janie Hendrix. That bitch does not even deserve to share Jimi's last name.