X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scamper
    Commando
    • May 2005

Health Insurance

If people can't afford health insurance they can't afford car insurance, so what's the next step? Socialize that...how about home insurance? I know that insurance is a rip, but it's a must have. GET IT...I don't want to pay for yours!
  • matt19
    Sniper
    • Mar 2005

Health insurance can keep you alive, you'd think it would be a little more important than car insurance. So your point is just flawed.
    Long Live Classic VH

Comment

• scamper
      Commando
      • May 2005

No, the point is people won't get health insurance because they think it's too expensive. They think. maybe they should get rid of the cell phones and internet and the rest of the crap they can't afford. The other point I was trying to make is that a huge percent of the drivers on the road are uninsured...fuck them don't drive if you don't want to pay the costs. Sorry if I'm bitter but I pay all this shit and I don't bitch, it's a cost of life.

Comment

• matt19
        Sniper
        • Mar 2005

Health insurance is expensive, but it shouldnt be. But you're right it should be a priority over car insurance.
        Long Live Classic VH

Comment

• TongueNGroove
          Head Fluffer
          • Apr 2004

Health insurance is like 10x the cost( or more)of car insurance, besides car insurance is required by law..health insuracne isn't.
          -We have enough youth. How about a fountain of "Smart"?

-If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier.

Comment

• blonddgirl777
            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2005

I can feel the winds of yet, ANOTHER Kanuck VS Unitedstaters debate...

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...oman-movie.jpg
            Originally posted by Nitro Express
            ... What erases the linger of horniness more than Al Quaida? Then blondegirl can post some new hot dudes and stir a new wave of horniness...
            Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
            [B]... Cooking, I mean Cooking, is men's field...
            http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...i_triangle.jpg
            Originally posted by VanHalener
            ... Fight the Good Fight and Win!...
            Originally posted by FORD
            ... And let's face it, if mothers (except Chelsea Clinton's) ruled this world, there would be no goddamned war in the first place...

Comment

• matt19
              Sniper
              • Mar 2005

Maybe from brie or warham.
              Long Live Classic VH

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by matt19
                Maybe from brie or warham.
                matt, matt, matt....

If you're going to keep on calling me brie, that's fine.

However, LoungeMachine's the rightful owner of that name for me.

Can't you think of your own?

That's right, you need to copy that just like you copy all of the liberal talking points from the DemocraticUnderground.

Baaaa Baaaa Baaaa

Go ahead, try and think up something original. I'll bet you don't have the brainpower for it.
                “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Actually, we're ALL paying HIGHER car insurance premiums so that the geriatric set can drive.

So, actually, car insurance rates are fixed not by "the market," but are altered by laws set by gov'ts at all levels...

And YES! Children deserve universal healthcare at least.

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2004

What sucks is that there is no busline to my workplace. So I have to drive in order to get there. Plus AL requires that you have minimal insurance. I also purchase collision coverage since half of the dumbfucks on the road don't know how to drive. We need more public transport and a fuckin Amtrak line over here in Montgomery.

Comment

• EAT MY ASSHOLE
                      Veteran
                      • Feb 2006

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
                      Go ahead, try and think up something original. I'll bet you don't have the brainpower for it.
                      Brian's capacity for the unintentionally ironic never ceases to amaze.
                      RIM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                        Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Originally posted by scamper
                        No, the point is people won't get health insurance because they think it's too expensive. They think. maybe they should get rid of the cell phones and internet and the rest of the crap they can't afford. The other point I was trying to make is that a huge percent of the drivers on the road are uninsured...fuck them don't drive if you don't want to pay the costs. Sorry if I'm bitter but I pay all this shit and I don't bitch, it's a cost of life.
                        I don't have to worry about this in Canada, but here's where you notion is flawed: Most people need to drive to get to work and make enough money to afford to get health insurance. So they need both. However, if you're going to call one essential, I'd say making sure the sick get help is the one you make free.
                        Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• DEMON CUNT
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                          Actually, we're ALL paying HIGHER car insurance premiums so that the geriatric set can drive.

Ha ha. I love it when conservatives use this kind of poorly planned logic in their arguments. It shows us how easily they are duped into working against their own best interests.
                          Banned 01/09/09 | Avatar | Aiken | Spammy | Extreme | Pump | Regular | The View | Toot

Comment

• vh rides again
                            Commando
                            • Dec 2006

here in illinois, 1st offense of driving with no insurance is 500.00 fine
                            second can go up to 1000.00. and the court rooms are full, you get pulled over and the first thing theyt ask for is a drivers license and insurance card.

i had a work van get t-boned a few years back and the driver had no insurance,my insurance company has had to have him in court 4 times,he has quit working i think or is working under the table to avoid having his court ordered paycheck garnishment taken. they have had his license suspended,i guess he think he doesnt have to pay.

my insurance company will pursue this to the end.

Comment

• knuckleboner
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Jan 2004

actually the REAL difference is that if you don't have car insurance, you're breaking the law if you drive. as long as you obey the law, you're not costing the rest of us any money.

if you don't have health insurance we still let you live. however, legally, those without health insurance WILL raise the cost of my health care, because they'll go to the hospital and ER for every ailment, rather than a family practioner.

and addressing medical problems after the fact is almost always more expensive than preventative medicine.

therefore, unless we change the laws requiring hospitals to treat everybody sick/hurt at their doorsteps, the uninsured (for health) will continue to legally increase my own health care costs.

unless, of course, we can somehow increase the amount of preventative care they can receive...

Comment

Working...