PDA

View Full Version : Does Ed own Guitar World?

nightlife
06-30-2007, 10:30 PM
How come whenever Ed is interviewed by GW he always tells them what he is or isn't going to discuss? Just got through reading the new issue with the EVH article. Before the interview even gets started the interviewer lets us know that Ed doesn't want to discuss anything other than the crap he's trying to sell. In other words, he's not going to answer any of the questions VH fans really care about. Guitar World sucks. Their interviews with Ed used to be pretty interesting, but for about the last eight to ten years it's the same thing over and over and over. Ed comes out with new over priced gear, so they bring him hin and let him use their mag to advertise it, without asking any questions that might upset him. I guess they dont want to get black listed by Ed. Thanks for nothin GW.

Panamark
06-30-2007, 10:39 PM
Any guitar magazine would fall over themselves to get a
cover picture and interview with Ed. Even on his terms.

It sells magazines, Ed gets free advertising, everyone
(except us) is happy...

matt19
07-01-2007, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
Any guitar magazine would fall over themselves to get a
cover picture and interview with Ed. Even on his terms.

It sells magazines, Ed gets free advertising, everyone
(except us) is happy...

Exactly. You beat me to it.

PlexiBrown
07-01-2007, 03:09 AM
Yep, EVH on the cover means lots of magazine sales.

matt19
07-01-2007, 03:17 AM
Originally posted by PlexiBrown
Yep, EVH on the cover means lots of magazine sales.

Unfortunitely including that one where he looked like a bum earlier this year. :(

eddie78
07-01-2007, 06:43 AM
Yeah, they are playing the game.
I heard Guitar Player had a falling out with Ed ages ago, which is odd since they gave him his first article in '78 & a full cover story in 1980.

Terry
07-01-2007, 05:58 PM
What's the point in even reading a several page interview where Ed plugs his line anyway, exclusive or not?

Only way to tell if the stuff sounds good to you is to walk your ass down to the store and plug into it.

jharp84
07-01-2007, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Terry
What's the point in even reading a several page interview where Ed plugs his line anyway, exclusive or not?

Only way to tell if the stuff sounds good to you is to walk your ass down to the store and plug into it.

Exactly! THIS IS 2007!! WHO THE FUCK CARES UNLESS DLR AND/OR REUNION IS DISCUSSED!!! WHAT A FUCKING PROSTITION OF MUSIC GEAR!

jharp84
07-01-2007, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by eddie78
Yeah, they are playing the game.
I heard Guitar Player had a falling out with Ed ages ago, which is odd since they gave him his first article in '78 & a full cover story in 1980.

EVERY FUCKING MUSIC PUBLICATION SHOULD HAVE A 'FALLING OUT' WITH EVH UNTIL NEW MUSIC IS PRODUCED!!!

jharp84
07-01-2007, 06:13 PM
JFC! FUCK THIS NOISE MAN!! NO MORE WASTED TIME ON THE JAG-OFFS! YOU ALL SHOULD DO THE SAME! STOP FUCKIN AROUND ON FALSE HOPE WITH THESE PRICKS!!!

indeedido
07-01-2007, 06:17 PM
The article didn't really even go into detail about the sound. The third channel is "over the top" and "uncontrollable". Ok, what does that mean? The first channel is totally clean, but has a gain control? hmmmm

eddie78
07-01-2007, 08:10 PM
It sounded sick during winter NAMM.
He had a punchy Townshend/early WHO sound, with more balls.
He was drunk off his ass, but Ed convinced me the Fender 5150 III is a smokin' amp.
Someone lend a brother three grand...

Terry
07-01-2007, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by eddie78
It sounded sick during winter NAMM.
He had a punchy Townshend/early WHO sound, with more balls.
He was drunk off his ass, but Ed convinced me the Fender 5150 III is a smokin' amp.
Someone lend a brother three grand... :rolleyes:

Methinks Ed could record himself taking a dump and you'd rush out to buy it, not even listen to it, then tell us all how it was the greatest thing he'd ever done.

Matt White
07-01-2007, 11:24 PM
"Does Ed own Guitar World?

He put 'em on the map back in the day.......

They rub him off when ever they get the chance..................

Still....SRV & Hendrix covers sell more than evh....................

TOM_5150
07-03-2007, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by nightlife
How come whenever Ed is interviewed by GW he always tells them what he is or isn't going to discuss? Just got through reading the new issue with the EVH article. Before the interview even gets started the interviewer lets us know that Ed doesn't want to discuss anything other than the crap he's trying to sell. In other words, he's not going to answer any of the questions VH fans really care about. Guitar World sucks. Their interviews with Ed used to be pretty interesting, but for about the last eight to ten years it's the same thing over and over and over. Ed comes out with new over priced gear, so they bring him hin and let him use their mag to advertise it, without asking any questions that might upset him. I guess they dont want to get black
listed by Ed. Thanks for nothin GW.

Its because he is Eddie Van Halen! Although I wish he'd talk about the future plans of the band. GW didn't p/u $8 off of me for this one!

Diamondjimi
07-04-2007, 11:36 PM
I refuse to by rags because he's on the cover. I'll read it for free at "Chapters Books" for free .

Now if he starts anyswering REAL questions I might actually buy the fucking thing.

Fuck you Brad Tolinski , GROW SOME FUCKIN BALLS AND STOP BENDING OVER ,BITCH !