PDA

View Full Version : melodicrock says tour to start in september

Pages : [1] 2

JMJ
07-02-2007, 03:22 AM
www.melodicrock.com

taken from andrew...

VAN HALEN LOOKING AT 2007 LIVE DATES:
So, the word has started to leak...Van Halen are setting up a tour for 2007 and should everything fall into place it will start sooner rather than later. David Lee Roth, Eddie Van Halen, Alex Van Halen and Wolfgang Van Halen have gotten together and parties involved in all aspects of the Van Halen machine are mobilizing to get this tour set up. I can confirm dates and venues are being penciled in. There isn't much more I can say at this time, but safe to say should everything go to plan (and we all know how things can change with these guys), the band should hit the road for US dates starting in September.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

guess mike is out and wolf is in. one would think if september is a start date, tickets would be going on sale very soon, like this month

oh, hey max :D

KING OF THE HIL
07-02-2007, 03:27 AM
until we have a member of the band announce it its nothing but words

MAX
07-02-2007, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by JMJ
www.melodicrock.com

taken from andrew...

So, the word has started to leak...Van Halen are setting up a tour for 2007 and should everything fall into place it will start sooner rather than later. David Lee Roth, Eddie Van Halen, Alex Van Halen and Wolfgang Van Halen have gotten together and parties involved in all aspects of the Van Halen machine are mobilizing to get this tour set up. I can confirm dates and venues are being penciled in. There isn't much more I can say at this time, but safe to say should everything go to plan (and we all know how things can change with these guys), the band should hit the road for US dates starting in September.

guess mike is out and wolf is in. one would think if september is a start date, tickets would be going on sale very soon, like this month

Holy friggin' moly!!! Mr. JMJ FINALLY posting here after all of these years?

Might I be the first to say welcome and I'm sooooo glad to have you here. You are BEYOND welcome and anyone who knows you as well as I do knows what a great addition you'd be posting here.

Seriously and despite what's been said over yonder, we're a bunch of rowdy motherfuckers but good people!!! You'll fit in perfectly!!!

MAX
07-02-2007, 03:37 AM
Also, one would have to be somewhat retarded to not realize that something's been brewing with VH, even when the tour was postponed. I've already stated it a gazillion times but Dave's silence speaks volumes. :hitch:

JMJ
07-02-2007, 03:38 AM
Originally posted by MAX
Holy friggin' moly!!! Mr. JMJ FINALLY posting here after all of these years?

Might I be the first to say welcome and I'm sooooo glad to have you here. You are BEYOND welcome and anyone who knows you as well as I do knows what a great addition you'd be posting here.

Seriously and despite what's been said over yonder, we're a bunch of rowdy motherfuckers but good people!!! You'll fit in perfectly!!!

i said can ya hear me?!?!?!?! :D

hey max, that suit is you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Panamark
07-02-2007, 03:40 AM
Welcome JMJ !

Good onya mate !!

Wella Wella ! (As our old mate loons said)

- Pics of Dave on Janies website,
- Tasmania declaring the tour is on..
- Live Nation saying its all go...

Do we dare to believe ??

MAX
07-02-2007, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by KING OF THE HIL

Andrew's been wrong regarding a few things a few miles back but he's been right on the money regarding anything VH related over the last few years. Plus, he's a good bloke. Too many factors add up. Hence as to why I didn't lose too much sleep when the tour was originally postponed.

The website, Frankenstrat replica soundbites, a unified snubbing of the RNRHOF, Dave's silence, etc. Too many clues to think that something's brewing. ;)

MAX
07-02-2007, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by JMJ
i said can ya hear me?!?!?!?! :D

hey max, that suit is you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahahahahaha!!!

Now everyone here is going to get a taste of our endless DLR rants!!! :killer:

Seriously and again, welcome the fuck aboard!!!

binnie
07-02-2007, 03:58 AM
I'd like to think that this is true, and I certianly think that something is brewing, but September isn't that far away.

Is is too soon to build up the hype and allow enough time for ticket sales?

Some bands these days announce torus nine months in advance...

MAX
07-02-2007, 04:04 AM
Binnie,

The tour was already planned months ago, it was just postponed. I play guitar (not professionally) and it's not a hard task to crank out tunes that you've played a million times prior in one's life. You go on autopilot and can play them in your sleep. lol Hence, it's easier done than said for those guys to fire up those classics on all full cylinders than anyone thinks. ;)

Fuck, when the chemistry's already there, they're good to go!!!

MAX
07-02-2007, 04:12 AM
Let's bring it!!!

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u237/berdasco/VANFUCKINHALEN2007ROTHSTYLE.jpg?t=1183363867

Where's "Mikey?" pffffffft... Who cares?!?!?!?!? lmao :killer:

Redballjets88
07-02-2007, 04:38 AM
i dont know about that. september? i bought a ticket to a concert in september last week. so if this is true they better announce really soon in order to get the ticket sales going

jero
07-02-2007, 04:40 AM
The party is back

Nitro Express
07-02-2007, 04:45 AM
Originally posted by MAX
Binnie,

The tour was already planned months ago, it was just postponed. I play guitar (not professionally) and it's not a hard task to crank out tunes that you've played a million times prior in one's life. You go on autopilot and can play them in your sleep. lol Hence, it's easier done than said for those guys to fire up those classics on all full cylinders than anyone thinks. ;)

It's damn hard to remember old songs when 3/4 of your brain has been eaten because your lived on nothing else but Smoking Loon wine for years.

JMJ
07-02-2007, 04:53 AM
1-tour was originally "postponed"
2-ed says in GW interview he, al, and wolf started rehearsing after 12 weeks off
3-rumors from jim koplick in CT say vh this fall
4-vh website updated for newsletter
5-dave ain't said jack shit
6- andrew now reporting rumors of fall tour

i mean if ya look at the damn timeline, seems imminent

question is, can they get it together? i ain't gettin over excited like last time though

i do not understand the september dates though. it's fuckin july already. a 4th of july announcement would be sweet

see ya mimbo :D

binnie
07-02-2007, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by MAX
Binnie,

I like your attitude!

And I hope to God that the news is true!

I want a tour, I want live DVD archive releases, I want un-released demos and a new album.

Give us it all Ed!

philouze
07-02-2007, 06:28 AM
Well, well, well... What have we here ? New news ? lol
Ah, the hell..
If they can put it together, that's gonna be terrific. Although I'm pretty sure there's NOT gonna be some European Tour.
BRING THE SHIT ON, DAVE !!!

PlexiBrown
07-02-2007, 08:38 AM
As usual with this band, something ain't right. I smell bullshit and disaster.

bru87tr
07-02-2007, 08:44 AM
ya, sure they are gonna tour.

bahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

I will never believe anything VH related till I actually see the start of the tour done and good reviews.

VH really has tarnished the name and credibility over the years. I for one dont believe any news about VH anymore.

NEXT!!!

tajmahal
07-02-2007, 08:58 AM
Are they going to pipe in MA's background vocals?

I guess Wolfie took summer school.

I wonder if they delayed the tour to complete an album, but they did delay the Greatest Hits package. So they may be adding a few new songs to this package. I don't think we need a third greatest hits album especially since they have already remastered the original 6 discs.

Jimmy Jingles
07-02-2007, 09:25 AM
I am extra cautious at this point.

I got SO burned earlier this year, and as we all learned things can change on a fucking dime with the sisters.

That being said.........

DAVE OR THE GRAVE FUCKERS!!!!!!!!!

Jimmy Jingles
07-02-2007, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by MAX
Let's bring it!!!

Where's "Mikey?" pffffffft... Who cares?!?!?!?!? lmao :killer:

Who cares about that midget Sasquatch and his glory hole Spammy.

Jimmy Jingles
07-02-2007, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by tajmahal

I guess Wolfie took summer school.

I wonder if they delayed the tour to complete an album, but they did delay the Greatest Hits package. So they may be adding a few new songs to this package. I don't think we need a third greatest hits album especially since they have already remastered the original 6 discs.

Don't expect any kind of new material until AFTER a successful tour.

binnie
07-02-2007, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by philouze
. Although I'm pretty sure there's NOT gonna be some European Tour.

I'd put money on that too!

Coyote
07-02-2007, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by philouze
Although I'm pretty sure there's NOT gonna be some European Tour.

As much as I'd love to say "ya never know", I won't.

There'd have to be a HUGE amount of interest (or a fanbase) for them to drag their asses out here...

Little Lamont
07-02-2007, 10:24 AM
It's all true. A tour is on! But see, it's all a secret. When tickets go on sale, that will be a secret too. You'll just have to guess where to get them. And the dates and arenas are secret too. If you hear music coming out of a big-ass building after sundown, it may be VH! hehehe

Vinnie Velvet
07-02-2007, 10:27 AM
As long as Wolfie can keep his weight in check, everything will be fine.

:D

No Twinkies on the tour rider!

thome
07-02-2007, 10:48 AM
Not to be a Downer but let's be real folks, who is what .?

Since when is it OK to pull a 15 or 16 yr old out of school and
put him in a rock band and tour around the country..?

Who has custody..? usually the mother that would mean Val (Yoko) is
going to have to OK this, then the State, SRS ,Child Protective Services.

Anyone who believes this is loopy.

I say the postponment is due to getting Mike out of his contract with
the Spamminater.

Wolfie is the practice dummy till,Mike get's free.

BS!

PS. Wolfie can sing too?.....yeah Rite!

I call BS!

If wrong, then i'm wrong.

:eek:

tajmahal
07-02-2007, 10:54 AM
Who was the keyboard player that was behind the curtain during the live shows in the 90's. I think it might have been a guy that played with the Cure. I hate it when they either have the prerecorded keyboards or they don't show the guy. What is the big deal with having another guy on stage. This guy could also play rythym guitar on certain songs especially when Ed plays the solos.

DavidLeeNatra
07-02-2007, 11:16 AM
Who was the keyboard player that was behind the curtain during the live shows in the 90's. I think it might have been a guy that played with the Cure. I hate it when they either have the prerecorded keyboards or they don't show the guy. What is the big deal with having another guy on stage. This guy could also play rythym guitar on certain songs especially when Ed plays the solos.

or he could finger your asshole...

LstLkly2Succeed
07-02-2007, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by JMJ
www.melodicrock.com

taken from andrew...

I won't trust it until I'm watching them on stage.

if6was9
07-02-2007, 12:10 PM
Sammy and Gary can be hired to sing backing vocals. They already know the lyrics. :D

diamondsgirl
07-02-2007, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by JMJ
www.melodicrock.com

taken from andrew...

Great to see you here where you belong, JMJ!

Welcome to the Army. :cool:

This story will be interesting to follow. I hope it pans out. I'm trying not to get too excited so I'm not let down. Again.

diamondsgirl
07-02-2007, 12:55 PM
Wolf will be a draw for sure. I think there are more people who are curious about EVH's kid than there are people who give a shit that Mike's gone.

BTW...if they have a legit tutor for the kid, he can be out of school. Lots of celeb kids do it. And he will get an education...for sure. ;)

also...have you heard Mike's vocals lately?? :eek:

Its not like 1984.

Folks always say that about Dave, but its true about Mike.

Lets just say that Wolf can't sound any worse. :D

Nickdfresh
07-02-2007, 02:35 PM
Jesus. The thought of Wolfie playing bass does not excite me. Although, I'd love to see him spell the old man on guitar.

And for those pretending that not having Mike is just great and that he had no part in the distinctive sound of classic Van Halen, I think you're either fucking delusional or are just kidding yourselves.

The whole childish, high school-esque click thing of Dave and the boys vs. Sam and Mike is just beyond nauseating at this point. I could give a fuck if Mike wiping off Sam's dingleberries at this point --I still want to see him in Van Halen BECAUSE THAT'S THE REAL DEAL brothas' and sistas'!

You notice how Dave is completely mum of this whole thing? It's only Ed and Al that are tossing shitbombs at Mike (if you believe everything you read that is). Well, they've fucked up the act before and they'll just keep going with it. But the short memories here are astounding. Ed and Al are simply employing the same self-serving hatchet-man shit they used to bury in Dave's back. Edwad: "Oooooh, look at my son! He's a shreddah'! Unlike that cunt Mikey." Yeah, fuck Ed. The same shit, different guy. How's his singin' Ed? Does he have your grate pipes? Wasn't he talking about the new musical possibilities they had with Sam because they could now write pussified-power ballads in so many new keys, so long ago? Whatever, man. You know?

Well, enjoy whatever this amounts to while it lasts --if it happens at all. But fuck, I'm waiting for those two pricks to again screw Dave ala' MTV Awards style and hire the ex-Journey singer once they've generated a little buzz (to kill, later, with a means to yet be determined)... How many say I?

Call it what you want though. But it ain't classic Van Halen without Mike...

Nickdfresh
07-02-2007, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl

Its not like 1984.

Yeah, well, neither are Dave's hun.'

KING OF THE HIL
07-02-2007, 02:46 PM
THE ONLY CLUE WE CAN GO ON IS DAVE NOT SAYING ANYTHING AND NOT TOURING.

I WONDER IF M.A HAS HAD ANY TALKS WITH THE BROTHERS ABOUT THIS
MIKE NEEDS TO BE APART OF THIS IF IT HAPPENS

Redballjets88
07-02-2007, 02:54 PM
Wolf will be a draw for sure. I think there are more people who are curious about EVH's kid than there are people who give a shit that Mike's gone.

BTW...if they have a legit tutor for the kid, he can be out of school. Lots of celeb kids do it. And he will get an education...for sure. ;)

Its not like 1984.

Folks always say that about Dave, but its true about Mike.

Lets just say that Wolf can't sound any worse. :D

i would much rather have mikey there, but he definatly ISNT the draw. the reason this tour is big is because DLR is joining it

Jimmy Jingles
07-02-2007, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Jesus. The thought of Wolfie playing bass does not excite me. Although, I'd love to see him spell the old man on guitar.

And for those pretending that not having Mike is just great and that he had no part in the distinctive sound of classic Van Halen, I think you're either fucking delusional or are just kidding yourselves.

The whole childish, high school-esque click thing of Dave and the boys vs. Sam and Mike is just beyond nauseating at this point. I could give a fuck if Mike wiping off Sam's dingleberries at this point --I still want to see him in Van Halen BECAUSE THAT'S THE REAL DEAL brothas' and sistas'!

You notice how Dave is completely mum of this whole thing? It's only Ed and Al that are tossing shitbombs at Mike (if you believe everything you read that is). Well, they've fucked up the act before and they'll just keep going with it. But the short memories here are astounding. Ed and Al are simply employing the same self-serving hatchet-man shit they used to bury in Dave's back. Edwad: "Oooooh, look at my son! He's a shreddah'! Unlike that cunt Mikey." Yeah, fuck Ed. The same shit, different guy. How's his singin' Ed? Does he have your grate pipes? Wasn't he talking about the new musical possibilities they had with Sam because they could now write pussified-power ballads in so many new keys, so long ago? Whatever, man. You know?

Well, enjoy whatever this amounts to while it lasts --if it happens at all. But fuck, I'm waiting for those two pricks to again screw Dave ala' MTV Awards style and hire the ex-Journey singer once they've generated a little buzz (to kill, later, with a means to yet be determined)... How many say I?

I agree with ya NickD

Alls I saying is that if he is not going to tour with them, while I will be disappointed, it will in no way cause me NOT to go...

Because when it boils down to it...it's all about the TOASTMASTER FUCKING GENERAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MUSICMANN
07-02-2007, 03:11 PM
I want a origional lineup VH more than anyone else, but thats not gong to happen, atleast if this is true and they are going to tour. I'll say this, having Dave back, and losing Mike is a trillion times better than having Mike and no Dave. We went that route for 10 fucking yrs. and it sucked.

Whatever Mike did, the friendship has been severed and at these guys age, i can't see them kissing and making up, like they have done with Dave, their getting told old.

I truthfully don't mind Ed'd son playing. If the kid is as hot as they say he is, Mike won't be missed, other than everyone knows that he isn't there and it's a 75% classic VH.

I'll take what i can get, and enjoy it. But really, who would have been paying attention if Mike would have been there. I want to see Dave up front and center, where he always belonged.

Fuck MA, three VH's and Dave is all i need.

MUSICMANN
07-02-2007, 03:11 PM
I want a origional lineup VH more than anyone else, but thats not gong to happen, atleast if this is true and they are going to tour. I'll say this, having Dave back, and losing Mike is a trillion times better than having Mike and no Dave. We went that route for 10 fucking yrs. and it sucked.

Whatever Mike did, the friendship has been severed and at these guys age, i can't see them kissing and making up, like they have done with Dave, their getting told old.

I truthfully don't mind Ed'd son playing. If the kid is as hot as they say he is, Mike won't be missed, other than everyone knows that he isn't there and it's a 75% classic VH.

I'll take what i can get, and enjoy it. But really, who would have been paying attention if Mike would have been there. I want to see Dave up front and center, where he always belonged.

Fuck MA, three VH's and Dave is all i need.

TAKIN WHISKEY
07-02-2007, 03:23 PM
I'm a big sucker! Like always, I'm excited and like always I'll probably be let down. Just one time I would like Lucy to let me kick the football. Just one time baby!

diamondsgirl
07-02-2007, 03:24 PM

thats my point

everyone mentions Dave's...but think somehow Mike will sound the same. Well, he doesn't. At all. His voice is flat and tired.

I think Dave's voice is stronger now than ever. Not the screaming high stuff but his regular singing voice. He can hold it together longer and sounds great doing the classics.

Redballjets88
07-02-2007, 03:50 PM
yeah this may be true but mike isnt the lead vocalist so people arent going to say much about his voice

delta5150
07-02-2007, 03:52 PM
I wish they did an album first or released some new material with a greatest hits package with DVD, although I prefer the first option. Wolgang isn't the youngest dude to play bass in a band by far, how many had started at 16 or 17? I really think he'll rejuvenate everyone around him, I just hope they keep it together. On Mike, well it's a shame but he was lured away from VH by Sammy, Sammy is smart but he'll end up creasing in his pants when the Real Van Halen lets it rip.
I really think he's desperate
for this reunion to stall, it's a shame it didn't happen 11 years ago, when he would have been put in his place, now most people have forgotten about Van Halen and he will be grateful for that

diamondsgirl
07-02-2007, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Redballjets88
yeah this may be true but mike isnt the lead vocalist so people arent going to say much about his voice

LOL...thats pretty much all the Mikey supporters talk about.... "Mikey's amazing back up vocals" and they sometimes mention his bassplaying.

Pasadena Bunnie
07-02-2007, 03:55 PM

LstLkly2Succeed
07-02-2007, 03:56 PM
thats my point

everyone mentions Dave's...but think somehow Mike will sound the same. Well, he doesn't. At all. His voice is flat and tired.

I think Dave's voice is stronger now than ever. Not the screaming high stuff but his regular singing voice. He can hold it together longer and sounds great doing the classics.

What I think would be great...is Dave doing some Hagar bullshit music and actually improving it because he's such a fucking superior singer. Just one song to prove how much he kicks ass to all the effing Sammy fans who don't wanna admit it. Dave doesn't sound like he did back in the 70's, cuz voices wear out when you get older (well, except maybe in the case of Dio, where he actually sounds as amazing now as he ever did) but I think that Dave still sounds spectacular, and he still has charisma.

Redballjets88
07-02-2007, 03:57 PM
LOL...thats pretty much all the Mikey supporters talk about.... "Mikey's amazing back up vocals" and they sometimes mention his bassplaying.

so by mikey supporters you mean sammy right? other than him i dont think there is a person on earth who likes mikey the best out of the band

Pasadena Bunnie
07-02-2007, 04:05 PM
Well NickyD - it would be hard to argue your points - they are valid, BUT... I think the reason why I'd support this band with Wolfie on Bass is that regardless of what Ed and Al DO...I'm a ROTH Fan and it's he who brings out the enthusiasm for this band for me. Regardless of who's on Bass, Dave will front and he'll make it fun and give 200%. Wolfie digs Dave and what CVH represented. I think the fresh blood gives VH a new vibe and he's not going to change the classics. He will follow his Dad's lead and if this is the ONLY way to get ED and Dave together...then so be it. When you hear them, it will sound like Van Halen...the only difference is the visual and some background vocals. I've seen Dave many times on his solo tours doing CVH and it sounds fantastic, despite the fact that Bassplayer is not singing background vocals or playing bass.

If the brothers screw Dave, they know they've screwed themselves. No one will ever accept a Jeff Scott Soto or anyone else fronting "Van Halen". Should they decide to try to kick Dave to the curb (which I highly doubt this time), then they will hopefully be intelligent enough to call retire the "Van Halen" name.

Nickdfresh
07-02-2007, 04:08 PM
thats my point

Um, no. I never mentioned anything about 'Dave's voice.' His voice has nothing to do with it, it's not about Mike vs. Dave singing since Mikey did the background vocals, did he not?

Who's going to replace that?

And if Dave can't screech like he used too, you've just said his voice in not what it was in 1984, which can only be expected. Spin it however you wish..

Not one of those guys is going to sound exactly like they did in 1984. I am pretty sure Wolfie wasn't even alive, which means he probably shouldn't even be on the stage. It's just the most retarded nepotism shit I've seen in rock. Even Jason Bonham had his own band...

PETE'S BROTHER
07-02-2007, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by TAKIN WHISKEY
I'm a big sucker! Like always, I'm excited and like always I'll probably be let down. Just one time I would like Lucy to let me kick the football. Just one time baby!

fuck yes, c'mon lucy lighten up

diamondsgirl
07-02-2007, 04:14 PM
so by mikey supporters you mean sammy right? other than him i dont think there is a person on earth who likes mikey the best out of the band

I mean all the people who think that Mike's former sound can not be duplicated. :p

It can be duplicated.

No, it won't be CVH, I agree.

And in some ways that is sad. But fairly easy to get over. :D

Nickdfresh
07-02-2007, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Pasadena Bunnie
Well NickyD - it would be hard to argue your points - they are valid, BUT... I think the reason why I'd support this band with Wolfie on Bass is that regardless of what Ed and Al DO...I'm a ROTH Fan and it's he who brings out the enthusiasm for this band for me. Regardless of who's on Bass, Dave will front and he'll make it fun and give 200%. Wolfie digs Dave and what CVH represented. I think the fresh blood gives VH a new vibe and he's not going to change the classics. He will follow his Dad's lead and if this is the ONLY way to get ED and Dave together...then so be it. When you hear them, it will sound like Van Halen...the only difference is the visual and some background vocals. I've seen Dave many times on his solo tours doing CVH and it sounds fantastic, despite the fact that Bassplayer is not singing background vocals or playing bass.

If the brothers screw Dave, they know they've screwed themselves. No one will ever accept a Jeff Scott Soto or anyone else fronting "Van Halen". Should they decide to try to kick Dave to the curb (which I highly doubt this time), then they will hopefully be intelligent enough to call retire the "Van Halen" name.

Fine. And you may have a great time at any shows that take place. I hope you do. But to me it ain't classic Van Halen. It's just another disappointment. Another opportunity in which they've come up short and squandered much potential. I just wish 50-something year olds could be a bit less petty than menstruating teen girls. But why expect anything more at this point?

Ha! Who can photoshop a Van Halen "Mean Girls" movie poster?

diamondsgirl
07-02-2007, 04:19 PM
Um, no. I never mentioned anything about 'Dave's voice.' ...

so when you said....

what were you talking about?
:confused:

diamondsgirl
07-02-2007, 04:21 PM

Spin it however you wish...

... I am pretty sure Wolfie wasn't even alive, which means he probably shouldn't even be on the stage. ...

thats the craziest spin I have heard so far. :D

congrats!

sadaist
07-02-2007, 04:23 PM
Jesus. The thought of Wolfie playing bass does not excite me.

Fucking A! 100% agreed.

Nickdfresh
07-02-2007, 04:28 PM
so when you said....

what were you talking about?
:confused:

Out of context kiddo...

I'm talking about how you laid out this whole "everybody talks about Dave's voice, but Mike's sucks now too..." --as if that's some sort of argument as too why he need not be there. Well, prior to that post, I wasn't talking about Dave's voice. I only said that Mike's backing vocals are integral to CVH. So, what do they doi without him? Can Wolfie pull it off? Do they get a chick to sing backup? (which would be so gay and un-CVH, it's not funny!)...

I only mentioned it AFTER YOU DID...

So, since Dave's voice isn't what it used to be, should he be replaced too?

'Cause it's not like spEd and Alice have said as much when they brought in Gary. But the minute Dave's back with 'em, it's all good? yeah, uhuh...

Actually, I could make a pretty good argument that since NONE of those guys can play or sing like they did in the glory years, maybe they should forgo any sort of pseudo-reunion...

ALinChainz
07-02-2007, 04:40 PM
I would like to see the line-up intact, CVH is what it was.

I guess it comes down to I would rather see Dave, Ed, Al, and Wolfie than Sam, Ed, Al, and Mike.

Redballjets88
07-02-2007, 04:43 PM
exactly

PlexiBrown
07-02-2007, 04:45 PM
What was the last VH CD that Mike played on?

ThrillsNSpills
07-02-2007, 04:54 PM
NONE of those guys can play or sing like they did in the glory years, maybe they should forgo any sort of pseudo-reunion...

If Eddie's playing is like a couple years ago, what difference does it make what's going on on bass.

diamondsgirl
07-02-2007, 05:08 PM
All I was saying...is that

1. a lot of people say that Dave's voice sucks compared to 1984. And I do not agree.

2. not many people say that Mike's voice sucks compared to 1984. But, it does.

I argue that Mike's former background vocals are not a valid reason for Mike to be there now.

IMO, the only valid argument at this point is that its not CVH without all 4. And if that fact stops anyone from going to a show, thats their option. But, they are foolish to think that it won't sound the same because Mike's not there. It wouldn't sound the same WITH Mike there. They all sound different. Some sound better (Dave), some sound worse(Mike). :D

Here's another spin...For all we know, Wolf sounds more like Mike did in 1984 than Mike does now. ;)

LOL.

LstLkly2Succeed
07-02-2007, 05:11 PM

Here's another spin...For all we know, Wolf sounds more like Mike did in 1984 than Mike does now.

That's a nice thought....lets hope it's true! Haha, I told myself I wouldn't get excited over this...but here I am...anticipating a reunion without any news from the band members.

lonnieg5
07-02-2007, 05:13 PM
Man, Mike must have done something worse than hang out with Sammy for Ed to be sober and still be this pissed.

Any ideas?

diamondsgirl
07-02-2007, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by lonnieg5
Man, Mike must have done something worse than hang out with Sammy for Ed to be sober and still be this pissed.

Any ideas?

I think Ed just needed an excuse to bump Mike to get Wolf in there. When Mike opened his mouth about Ed...there it was. His fate was sealed.

cvh 2007
07-02-2007, 05:39 PM
this is the best news ive heard scince sammys butt lover wouldnt be in van halen.:fu: :monekyl:

PlexiBrown
07-02-2007, 05:46 PM
I think Ed just needed an excuse to bump Mike to get Wolf in there. When Mike opened his mouth about Ed...there it was. His fate was sealed.

That is part of it but I think that there is more to it than that.

KING OF THE HIL
07-02-2007, 05:47 PM
In away i don't blame mike for holding out last tour he was payed a salary and was cut out of a lot of money . remember his interview

ThrillsNSpills
07-02-2007, 05:52 PM
thats my point

I only saw 2 clips of Mike's singing lately and I agree but my guess is it's from a lack of practice or no one kicking his ass to do his best.

I'm split due to the fact that if Dave's back it would be best to get Mike in there for the CVH thing 1 last time ..however..
if Ed's more inspired with the kid in there, he'll play better .
If Ed's playing is better, the Dave/Ed dynamic will be that much stronger. And Dave's voice won't be an issue if he's been practicing with these guys regularly since it will be in shape.

ThrillsNSpills
07-02-2007, 05:57 PM
This might sound odd but think about this: I don't think Mike showing up at the ceremony eariler this year and saying I love ya man to Ed after Ed trashed him six ways to Sunday helped his cause in the slightest.

you can't respect someone who kisses your ass...it just doesn't work. -Ferris B. : D

Jérôme Frenchise
07-02-2007, 06:48 PM
And another new rumour...

It means loads of booze again when the tour is officially announced, and... big loads once more when it's postponed one more fucking time.

Maybe there are way more chances to see VH reunited when they pay visit to Ed in rehab next time.

LstLkly2Succeed
07-02-2007, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
And another new rumour...

It means loads of booze again when the tour is officially announced, and... big loads once more when it's postponed one more fucking time.

Maybe there are way more chances to see VH reunited when they pay visit to Ed in rehab next time.

Sadly this sometimes seems more possible than an actual reunion tour.

FORD
07-02-2007, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by PlexiBrown

Possibly Baaaaaa-lance??

He didn't play a note on VDIII, even the sheep know that. Or the three failed Van Hagar songs from 2004.

FORD
07-02-2007, 07:03 PM
**Burrrrrrrp**

FORD
07-02-2007, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by lonnieg5

Any ideas?

There's a story going around that Sobolewski failed to show up at Ma Van Halen's funeral when she passed away. Dave & Sammy both paid their respects. Not sure about Cherone, but he probably would have called or something, because he seems like a decent enough guy. Plus, Gary might have got a pass here, because his total time with the band was about 3 years, and he didn't have a history going back to playing in various parents' basements, like Mike did.

Since it seems that both Ed and Alex have personal issues with Mike, I'd pick this scenario over the "touring with Hagar" thing.

FORD
07-02-2007, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by JMJ
www.melodicrock.com

taken from andrew...

Welcome to the Army! Did you get tired of the stench of sheepshit? :D

ThrillsNSpills
07-02-2007, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Possibly Baaaaaa-lance??

He didn't play a note on VDIII, even the sheep know that. Or the three failed Van Hagar songs from 2004.

Even Right Now is suspect.

Ed was accused of playing bass on it by one of the guitar player magazine's interviewers.

The response Ed gave was "Why'd you have to say that?."

(Now if Mike had played on it, wouldn't Ed have just said Mike played on it?)

JMJ
07-02-2007, 08:10 PM

well well now i say.....

got me a sticky at the army
i know i know i'm thinkin fuck it
gonna be a tour this comin fall
if ya don't like it, ya know where ta stick it

i'm tired of the same old banter to be honest with ya ford. whine whine whine. some people will never be happy. i understand all the arguments and opinions people have/make. but at the end of the day, yer either a fan of the band or yer not. wish we could count all the people who say they won't go that will end up going, that is if this thing even happens.

JMJ
07-02-2007, 08:15 PM

well well now i say.....

i'm tired of the same old banter to be honest with ya ford. whine whine whine. some people will never be happy. i understand all the arguments and opinions people have/make. but at the end of the day, yer either a fan of the band or yer not. wish we could count all the people who say they won't go that will end up going, that is if this thing even happens.

Terry
07-02-2007, 08:22 PM
Far as Van Halen goes, melodiCROCK has gotten it more often wrong than right, and were it to start in September, tickets would be going on sale...um...right about now.

ThrillsNSpills
07-02-2007, 08:30 PM
This ties in with the Jim Koplik (concert promoter) thread where he said they're trying to book them at Mohegan sun Casinos.

there is activity

Matt White
07-02-2007, 08:36 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhh..........

Methinks I can hear the engines begining to rev....................

MAX
07-02-2007, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by JMJ
well well now i say.....

me wise mimbo. :hitch:

ELVIS
07-02-2007, 09:32 PM

Blasphemy!

:rolleyes:

MAX
07-02-2007, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Blasphemy!

:rolleyes:

Why is that "blasphemy?"

Seriously, when/if this takes off there's going to be a huge curiousity factor there regarding the kid. Also and seriously, outside of the diehards, the casual fan will be going to see David Lee Roth and Eddie Van Halen. Nobody's going to give a crap about Michael Anthony and this is coming from a diehard fan such as myself. Infact, I think Anthony getting the boot is awesome. :D

JMJ
07-02-2007, 09:44 PM
i don't think anthony gettin the boot is awesome...but hey, what can ya do?

MAX
07-02-2007, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by JMJ
i don't think anthony gettin the boot is awesome...but hey, what can ya do?

I can go see Dave and Edward rip through VH Classics live is what I both can and will do my mimbo. :cool:

JMJ
07-02-2007, 10:06 PM
if they can fuckin get it done

ziggysmalls
07-02-2007, 10:11 PM
I am a linker but I have a feeling I maybe posting here a bit more. I don't understand how it was VH without Dave but its not VH without Mike. Its hypocrisy and I see that more of you share that belief. People over there want to call it VH 4. What the fuck? The same amount of original members are in the band as in Van Hagar yet that was Van Halen?

Anyway I am stoked about this rumor since I never got the chance to see CVH. Regarding Mike, it would be cool if he was there but to be honest I may check his side of the stage twice during a show. The first time to see when he is going to solo so I can piss. The second time to see if he is done.

BTW I heard the same rumor about Mike but I was told it was bullshit because Mike is too great of a human being. Its the only thing that makes sense.

MAX
07-02-2007, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by ziggysmalls
I am a linker but I have a feeling I maybe posting here a bit more. I don't understand how it was VH without Dave but its not VH without Mike. Its hypocrisy and I see that more of you share that belief. People over there want to call it VH 4. What the fuck? The same amount of original members are in the band as in Van Hagar yet that was Van Halen?

AMEN and PERFECTLY said!!! Many of us have been arguing those exact sentiments until we're blue in the face.

Welcome aboard and it's nice to have you. :)

MAX
07-02-2007, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by JMJ
if they can fuckin get it done

My brother, for some odd or warped reason, we've had faith for this long... I'm still keeping it. :)

JMJ
07-02-2007, 10:20 PM
well my baby's on the corner n she's lookin so fine

put one n one tagetha n it blew my mind......

c'moin now max, help i brotha out here i say

does DG sing too? :D

Vinnie Velvet
07-02-2007, 10:30 PM
JMJ at the army???

Damn bro, it was a long time coming...but welcome aboard!!

MAX
07-02-2007, 10:31 PM
Goin' out my way, knowin' my way around
The grass is never greener and there's plenty around
All other girls, they'd be put to shame
Over the edge and here I'll stay...

Maybe you can get DG to sing cos I can't? lol

JMJ
07-02-2007, 10:34 PM
i think if it is bad before it hits the road like this past summer, al will pull the plug on it again

they may not sound like the FW tour, but it could be a damn good time

i'm not gonna not go on principle cuz mike ain't there. the biggest reason is cuz i love the music and the vibe of vh..but here's a damn good reason..pay attention

a few years back, there was a cat here by the name of wolfman as many of you may recall. he told me a story when he started college that he had virtually no money and SRV was touring and coming to around the area he was. he said he'd flip a coin to decide...heads i go tails i don't. well he flipped it and it came out tails and he didn't go. a few weeks later stevie died in the crash. wolf said he has kicked himself for years over that.

this may be the last time to see ed on stage with dave. if ya ain't goin out of principle, fine. if ya ain't goin cuz it's called van halen and mike ain't there, fine. if ya ain't goin cuz ya think anyone who accepts this as van halen is swingin from ed's nuts, whatever. the band van halen is different for everyone. there are dave fans. there are sammy fans. there are ed fans. there are mike fans, alex fans. there are lovers n haters. there are cvh fans. many peeps ain't seen dave with vh, may have. many feel jaded. many feel they are owed something. pick a category folks, pick a category.

i ain't missin it for the world because to me, it's van halen

JMJ
07-02-2007, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
JMJ at the army???

Damn bro, it was a long time coming...but welcome aboard!!

fuck me runnin, maybe this tour really IS gonna happen then huh? :p

FORD
07-02-2007, 10:49 PM

It's worse than hypocrisy. Mike's harmonies were outstanding, but as a bass player he's average. And he didn't write a single song.

David Lee Roth wrote the lyrics, the vocal melodies, and helped Eddie shape his riffs into a coherent structure.

Sammy did all those same things in Van Hagar, but with drastically different results.

There's no logical basis whatsoever to assume that Michael Anthony's role in Van HALEN was equal to that of David Lee Roth.

Welcome aboard, Ziggy.

Terry
07-02-2007, 10:49 PM

Anyway I am stoked about this rumor since I never got the chance to see CVH. Regarding Mike, it would be cool if he was there but to be honest I may check his side of the stage twice during a show. The first time to see when he is going to solo so I can piss. The second time to see if he is done.

BTW I heard the same rumor about Mike but I was told it was bullshit because Mike is too great of a human being. Its the only thing that makes sense.

Anthony was the member of the band I paid the least amount of attention to in ANY of the lineups, but if he's not there, it ain't a CVH reunion. It's something else.

One can rationalize 6 ways to Sunday as to why it might not matter that he's not there for a hypothetical future tour, but short of him dying the reality is that there's really no good reason for him NOT to be there. It's just more childish bullshit on the part of the Van Halens, and it would seem that Roth would have put aside his "all or nothing" philosophy regarding the reunion lineup for whatever reasons...would have preferred Roth stood his ground on that point, or at least said "fine, Mike's not here, let's bill it as something else besides 'Van Halen'."

Really has little to do with Wolfie being the replacement, but more of a puzzlement as to why Anthony isn't along for the ride. Even taking the rumor of Anthony not showing up at the funeral at face value, he's still displayed more loyalty to the Van Halens than Roth or Hagar.

LstLkly2Succeed
07-02-2007, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Terry
Anthony was the member of the band I paid the least amount of attention to in ANY of the lineups, but if he's not there, it ain't a CVH reunion. It's something else.

One can rationalize 6 ways to Sunday as to why it might not matter that he's not there for a hypothetical future tour, but short of him dying the reality is that there's really no good reason for him NOT to be there. It's just more childish bullshit on the part of the Van Halens, and it would seem that Roth would have put aside his "all or nothing" philosophy regarding the reunion lineup for whatever reasons...would have preferred Roth stood his ground on that point, or at least said "fine, Mike's not here, let's bill it as something else besides 'Van Halen'."

Really has little to do with Wolfie being the replacement, but more of a puzzlement as to why Anthony isn't along for the ride. Even taking the rumor of Anthony not showing up at the funeral at face value, he's still displayed more loyalty to the Van Halens than Roth or Hagar.

Well, it's not technically CVH, and I think everyone does (or should) admit that. But I also think it's probably the closest we're gonna get, so whatever the reasons for him not being there, I don't really mind. Seeing Dave and Eddie on the same stage (hopefully getting along) is really enough for me.

FORD
07-02-2007, 11:10 PM
Dave & Eddie are the key members. My preference would be all four of them up on that stage, and when it looked like this tour was shelved until next summer, I thought it was good for that reason, among others, that time and distance might get Ed over what ever he's pissed at Sobolewski about.

I don't know if Mike skipped Mama Van Halen's funeral, but then I don't know if Dave really fucked one of Alex's ex wives either. If both stories are true, I'd suppose one would be as forgivable as the other.

MAX
07-02-2007, 11:14 PM
My goodness people, it is what it is. It's Van Halen cos it has David Lee Roth and Edward Van Halen. Face it, that's what most of the planet thinks of when they put faces to the Van Halen band name.

It's also a reunion tour and it will be fun. Of course it's not going to be 1984 or whatever and who in their right mind thinks it will be? :rolleyes:

It will be a plus if it snowballs into another album or something but there's activity going on and it's awesome.

I just get so friggin' sick and tired of people whining about the Mikey crap. Fine, no "Mikey" and you don't support it. So stay the fuck home cos there will be plenty of others that will fill your seats at the shows and DLR, AVH, EVH ain't gonna give a flying fuck about your "No Mikey No Van Haley" campaign either. Twerpy nitwits...

Seriously, fuck off already, go watch the Haganthony shit, be happy and shutup!!!

diamondsgirl
07-02-2007, 11:22 PM
LOL @ "Haganthony". :D

The Haganthony fanbase is an element that will not be missed.

MAX
07-02-2007, 11:43 PM
LOL @ "Haganthony". :D

The Haganthony fanbase is an element that will not be missed.

Amen to that Dollydoo and thanks. ;)

You're so right though regarding all of these "Mikey" lubbers. FORD and I discussed it earlier in the thread.

One would think that ANYONE who claims to be a VH fan would be happier than a pig in shit for a Dave fronted tour? Yet there are these people that think the absence of the friggin' bassplayer kills the vibe?

Seriously, that sort of stupidity is a fanbase that needs to go bye-bye. Besides, don't they have Hag shows to attend? I mean "Mikey" plays with him doesn't he?

My goodness, think of that crowd? I'd imagine it's similar to a Rainman/Jimmy Buffet convention?

Please forgive me and again, I don't know how to post these YouTube clips. :o

However, is anyone going to miss people like this (as seen in said vid) at upcoming shows?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9ANAw_AMtE

LstLkly2Succeed
07-02-2007, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by MAX
Amen to that Dollydoo and thanks. ;)

You're so right though regarding all of these "Mikey" lubbers. FORD and I discussed it earlier in the thread.

One would think that ANYONE who claims to be a VH fan would be happier than a pig in shit for a Dave fronted tour? Yet there are these people that think the absence of the friggin' bassplayer kills the vibe?

Seriously, that sort of stupidity is a fanbase that needs to go bye-bye. Besides, don't they have Hag shows to attend? I mean "Mikey" plays with him doesn't he?

My goodness, think of that crowd? I'd imagine it's similar to a Rainman/Jimmy Buffet convention?

Please forgive me and again, I don't know how to post these YouTube clips. :o

However, is anyone going to miss people like this (as seen in said vid) at upcoming shows?

Gotta agree with you on all points. Dave's the real draw anyway. I would even be interested in hearing Wolfgang, just to see how good he is.

diamondsgirl
07-03-2007, 12:07 AM
The haganthony fan is a strange breed indeed :p

MAX
07-03-2007, 12:16 AM
The haganthony fan is a strange breed indeed :p

Did you watch that Youtube of (insert any sheep's name) "singing that Barney song? :p

TAKIN WHISKEY
07-03-2007, 12:27 AM
10 to 1 Wolf blows Mullet away on bass. Remember when Ed was young and on fire. Holy Shit! It's in the genes.

ELVIS
I am a linker but I have a feeling I maybe posting here a bit more.

You may be able to get supplemental income...

:elvis:

Panamark
Screw this !! :mad:

Everyone knows that Mikey wrote all the Halen melodies,
guitar lines and yes, even eruption !

Im off to join the links !!! :mad:

MAX
07-03-2007, 12:29 AM
OMG!!!

This was just pm'ed to me.

Someone over yonder actually posted this!!!

WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!?!?!?

'Tis no wonder JMJ and Ziggy are heeya.

Dave will damn sure pretend "we're back".

And they'll play all the old Michael Anthony songs, too.

"Micheal Anthony songs" are you fucking kidding me?

This shit is obsurd!!!

MAX
07-03-2007, 12:33 AM
10 to 1 Wolf blows Mullet away on bass. Remember when Ed was young and on fire. Holy Shit! It's in the genes.

No disrespect but I barely play bass. I own one, can fill in when needed and am extremely average. However, I've played guitar for twenty four years. What's my point? Again, no disrespect to either Anthony nor Wolfgang but VH's bass parts are not very difficult. They work with VH which makes them good but they're nothing special and pretty easy to play for the most part.

MAX
07-03-2007, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
Screw this !! :mad:

Everyone knows that Mikey wrote all the Halen melodies,
guitar lines and yes, even eruption !

Im off to join the links !!! :mad:

Yup, fuck David Lee and Eddie V cos IT AIN'T VAN HALEN WITHOUT MIKEY!!!

MUHUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

TAKIN WHISKEY
07-03-2007, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by MAX
No disrespect but I barely play bass. I own one, can fill in when needed and am extremely average. However, I've played guitar for twenty four years. What's my point? Again, no disrespect to either Anthony nor Wolfgang but VH's bass parts are not very difficult. They work with VH which makes them good but they're nothing special and pretty easy to play for the most part.

OK, however if they play a couple of new songs, it is possible that they could really smoke, with the bass lines standing out.

TAKIN WHISKEY
07-03-2007, 12:43 AM
Which leads me to the next question. Will there be new songs on the set list or even a few classics reworked?

MAX
07-03-2007, 12:50 AM
OK, however if they play a couple of new songs, it is possible that they could really smoke, with the bass lines standing out.

New songs seems a stretch for now. I'd love a new album as would all of us, excluding the Haganthony crowd.

Anyhoo, did you ever have a listen to the clips at www.evhgear.com ?

The kid plays the impossible to duplicate "Mikey" licks just fine. :)

I'm with you though, a new album with the kid would be cool. :cool:

JMJ
07-03-2007, 12:50 AM
i have to say...

apocalypso made a good point over at the links, i think it was him, who ever said this was a reunion? sorry max, but it isn't. it's a reunion of ed and dave, sure. but it's not a van halen reunion. all the mike people right now keep saying this ain't no reunion it's bullshit without the original member. like apocolypse said...where has the band ever stated this is a reunion? as max would say it is what it is

Dan
07-03-2007, 12:52 AM
Bring It On.:)

MAX
07-03-2007, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by JMJ
i have to say...

apocalypso made a good point over at the links, i think it was him, who ever said this was a reunion? sorry max, but it isn't. it's a reunion of ed and dave, sure. but it's not a van halen reunion. all the mike people right now keep saying this ain't no reunion it's bullshit without the original member. like apocolypse said...where has the band ever stated this is a reunion? as max would say it is what it is

Then the question I ask is why did these same sheep consider the 2004 flop a so-called "reunion?" When infact it wasn't cos it was a replacement singer? Hence, it WASN'T Van Halen.

Regardless, I don't care if they call it a "reunion" or The Van Halen Family Featuring David Lee Roth. Fuck, they could call it Mammoth Revisited for all I care. The point is that it IS the closest thing to REAL VAN HALEN since 1984!!!

Again and I know you're with me Mimbo, if and when this happens, ain't nobody gonna piss on my parade!!! :D

TAKIN WHISKEY
07-03-2007, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by JMJ
i have to say...

If the Diamond One is coming back to VAN HALEN, no matter who is in the band, as long as Ed is still the guitarist, it's a reunion.

Dan
07-03-2007, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by MAX
Then the question I ask is why did these same sheep consider the 2004 flop a so-called "reunion?" When infact it wasn't cos it was a replacement singer? Hence, it WASN'T Van Halen.

Regardless, I don't care if they call it a "reunion" or The Van Halen Family Featuring David Lee Roth. Fuck, they could call it Mammoth Revisited for all I care. The point is that it IS the closest thing to REAL VAN HALEN since 1984!!!

Again and I know you're with me Mimbo, if and when this happens, ain't nobody gonna piss on my parade!!! :D

Hi Max.:)

Will they be playing in your City?

rockhead
07-03-2007, 01:25 AM
Hey Panamark - We might have to start petition for an Australian tour!!!!

FORD
07-03-2007, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by Dan
Hi Max.:)

Will they be playing in your City?

Let's put it this way..... Val lives a couple miles up the road from there. (Park City)

I'm thinking SLC is mandatory, or Wolfie's out of the band :D

MAX
07-03-2007, 01:36 AM
Let's put it this way..... Val lives a couple miles up the road from there. (Park City)

I'm thinking SLC is mandatory, or Wolfie's out of the band :D

Actually, I'm pretty sure she moved after the angel show. I'm thinkin' I'll prolly have to catch them in either Vegas, Denver, Boston with DG or SoCal with JMJ. Prolly ALL of the aformentioned!!! :killer:

FORD
07-03-2007, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by MAX

Geezus!!!:monkey:

You gotta put warning labels on that shit!

JMJ
07-03-2007, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by MAX
Actually, I'm pretty sure she moved after the angel show. I'm thinkin' I'll prolly have to catch them in either Vegas, Denver, Boston with DG or SoCal with JMJ. Prolly ALL of the aformentioned!!! :killer:

don't make me fly to boston bro. i got some bro's there

MAX
07-03-2007, 01:40 AM
Geezus!!!:monkey:

You gotta put warning labels on that shit!

Hee Hee!!!

Actually Loons found it first and we're still trying to figure out which member of the links it is? We have a few ideas... ;)

I was searching for that French Parody of Van Hagar Live that was once shown here. Do you remember it? It was hysterical!!!

Panamark
07-03-2007, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by rockhead
Hey Panamark - We might have to start petition for an Australian tour!!!!

Sign me up !

I passed on the Cheronie version when Eddie was last in town...

MAX
07-03-2007, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by JMJ
don't make me fly to boston bro. i got some bro's there

What, the members of Cyprus Hill? :p

No, the Boston show's for DG and me ONLY!!! :D

Hey, I've been readin' the thread over at Brett's. Seriously, is that vhrocks2005 a retard or something? If not, he's sure missing a great opportunity.

FORD
07-03-2007, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by MAX
Hee Hee!!!

Actually Loons found it first and we're still trying to figure out which member of the links it is? We have a few ideas... ;)

I was searching for that French Parody of Van Hagar Live that was once shown here. Do you remember it? It was hysterical!!!

You mean this one? :D

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GSpMDFPxbfg"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GSpMDFPxbfg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

MAX
07-03-2007, 01:52 AM

YESSSSS!!!

Thank you so much for finding that!!! :)

I told DG about it this morning, told her how I literally pissed my pants when I watched it and she wanted to se it!!!

You rock!!! :killer:

FORD
07-03-2007, 01:53 AM
Hey, I found another piece of Van Hagar French Fromage

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lAoJTPrypfA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lAoJTPrypfA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Dan
07-03-2007, 01:57 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by FORD
[B] You mean this one? :D

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GSpMDFPxbfg"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GSpMDFPxbfg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

LMMFAO.

TAKIN WHISKEY
07-03-2007, 02:01 AM
Thank You! That is the funniest shit I have seen in a long time.

MAX
07-03-2007, 02:03 AM
I need to learn how to do the youtube thing.

I found more of ANONYMOUS LINKER - LIVE FROM MOM'S BASEMENT!!! :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVOI8byA0pY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6QuXOcHdfA

Panamark
07-03-2007, 02:08 AM
Ok, someone explain this to me..

Isnt "The Other Half" the equivalent
of heaven to the average linker ??

Dont they now have what they have always
wanted, permanently ??

Whats their prob ?

We want to watch Dave with his backing
band of Van Halens..

They can have their thing, we can have ours..

MAX
07-03-2007, 02:16 AM

Geezus!!!

Just when I thought I'd seen it all...

OMG, I have NEVER, EVER witnessed a bigger buffoon in Rock and Roll.

How can ANYBODY take that guy the least bit seriously? From the capri pants, ripping off Jimmy Buffett to the Barney lyrics...

After watching that and the poor schlep that I posted (one of his biggest fans) one literally must feel sorry for these people.

Watching Sammy Hagar perform is like going to the zoo and seeing a baboon's ass. You don't wanna look but can't help yourself. :o

FORD
07-03-2007, 02:17 AM
That Cheddyoake singer's got a fucking model rocket in the background. I was into that shit like in 5th grade. No way they would let schools do shit like that now days. Those rocket engines would be considered "terraist weapons".

But then, so's this guy's singing!

MAX
07-03-2007, 02:27 AM
That Cheddyoake singer's got a fucking model rocket in the background. I was into that shit like in 5th grade. No way they would let schools do shit like that now days. Those rocket engines would be considered "terraist weapons".

But then, so's this guy's singing!

Brother, that Cheddyoake singer's prolly been living in that exact same bedroom since he was in the fifth grade!!! :eek: Still, the guy's got to have a hobby besides collecting G.I. Joe's, no? Mama only let's him out to get her groceries, buy the latest Sammy Hagar album, trim his mullet and to see Other Half shows.

Fuck, that's some scary shit right there!!!

JMJ
07-03-2007, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by MAX
What, the members of Cyprus Hill? :p

No, the Boston show's for DG and me ONLY!!! :D

Hey, I've been readin' the thread over at Brett's. Seriously, is that vhrocks2005 a retard or something? If not, he's sure missing a great opportunity.

well fuck you then bitch :D

i don't know what that kid's deal is. he's sure set in his ways for a 15 year old.

at any rate, he's entitled to his opinion

MAX
07-03-2007, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by JMJ
well fuck you then bitch :D

i don't know what that kid's deal is. he's sure set in his ways for a 15 year old.

at any rate, he's entitled to his opinion

Settle down mi mimbo or I'm not payin' for the beeyas when we see them in yer backyard. :)

Sure he's entitled to his opinion as is everyone. Doesn't mean I can't say that his is wrong and he's too friggin' young to be sputin' off at the mouth.

Just like my all time favorite Van Squalin. :rolleyes: That guy sure is a jackoff of all trades whilst being a master of nothing. Just like Seen said, he's a fuckin' windbag who uses big words. The guy's a self-appointed expert on the music industry, how to play bass, drums, guitar and sing when he can't play one fucking note on anything. Hence, a troublemaker. In every thread that guy posts there's a brawl. I wish he'd belly up to the bar and try that shit over here.

Regardless, I'm glad your here cos me lubz ya mang. Not in a gay way. lol

Not that there's anything wrong with that. lmao

MAX
07-03-2007, 02:53 AM
Ok, someone explain this to me..

Isnt "The Other Half" the equivalent
of heaven to the average linker ??

Dont they now have what they have always
wanted, permanently ??

Whats their prob ?

We want to watch Dave with his backing
band of Van Halens..

They can have their thing, we can have ours..

That's beautiful Marky!!!

Best post you've ever written. ;)

Grant
07-03-2007, 02:59 AM
The prospect of Wolfie on bass still sounds preposterous. What makes it ever more frustrating is that it's taken this long for Dave to get back with the boys (hopefully), and yet Mike it seems to be just a simple write-off despite his loyalty.

MAX
07-03-2007, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by Grant
The prospect of Wolfie on bass still sounds preposterous. What makes it ever more frustrating is that it's taken this long for Dave to get back with the boys (hopefully), and yet Mike it seems to be just a simple write-off despite his loyalty.

Mate,

Mike's "loyalty" ended a few miles back. I'm not blaming him cos he chose not to sit around for several years, with his thumb up his ass waiting for EVH to do something. However and instead, he decided to to stick his thumb up Hagar's ass instead which is where it's been firmly planted much to the dismay of the Halen's.

Again, it's nobody's fault persay. This is just where we are now. Ed's inspired (obviously) to play the real material with his son and brother and nobody can ever front VH excluding Dave. VOILA!!! This is where we are now.

Sides that, how are you Rov? It's good to see you as well. :)

JMJ
07-03-2007, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by MAX
Settle down mi mimbo or I'm not payin' for the beeyas when we see them in yer backyard. :)

Sure he's entitled to his opinion as is everyone. Doesn't mean I can't say that his is wrong and he's too friggin' young to be sputin' off at the mouth.

Just like my all time favorite Van Squalin. :rolleyes: That guy sure is a jackoff of all trades whilst being a master of nothing. Just like Seen said, he's a fuckin' windbag who uses big words. The guy's a self-appointed expert on the music industry, how to play bass, drums, guitar and sing when he can't play one fucking note on anything. Hence, a troublemaker. In every thread that guy posts there's a brawl. I wish he'd belly up to the bar and try that shit over here.

Regardless, I'm glad your here cos me lubz ya mang. Not in a gay way. lol

Not that there's anything wrong with that. lmao

u'll have to pm me yer number again bro, i don't have it

we'll have ta set up a nice nnnnnnnnnnnniimmmm...nep nep niiiiiimmmmmmmmm....boomba deeda boomba deeda chat ;)

Panamark
07-03-2007, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by MAX
That's beautiful Marky!!!

Best post you've ever written. ;)

You are only ever as good as your last post :D

redblkwht
07-03-2007, 03:28 AM
check pm's fellas ;)

jero
07-03-2007, 03:32 AM

The last time I heard him play was on Van Halen II, you're no good. But it could be Ed...

MAX
07-03-2007, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by redblkwht
check pm's fellas ;)

;)

You're in main? WTF? :p

jero
07-03-2007, 03:38 AM

LMAO!
happy birthday bro!

binnie
07-03-2007, 03:42 AM
Did anyone notice this, posted on www.van-halen.com, June 29th:

June 29, 2007

In an effort to keep you more informed about Van Halen, we have begun the construction of a new database for newsletter/press release recipients.

If you are interested in receiving newsletters and press releases issued by the band, please click the link below to submit your e-mail address and first and last names.

If you have registered for our newsletters in the past, please re-register your information, as Microsoft has deleted our database.

Please be patient. At the moment there is nothing new with the band to report and it will take some time to collaborate and design the new newsletter format.

Thank you and more to come!

binnie
07-03-2007, 03:43 AM
Perhaps the silence will be broken in the near future?

DLRdelight!
07-03-2007, 03:43 AM

fuck that until they are on the stage!

redblkwht
07-03-2007, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by MAX
;)

You're in main? WTF? :p nah, i wanna see the dave pics on her site i read in this thread it was mentioned..
thx in advance fellas!

RBW

Panamark
07-03-2007, 03:53 AM
Here ya go Red..

http://www.highprofilemedia.com/vanhalen.html

MAX
07-03-2007, 04:35 AM
Originally posted by binnie
Did anyone notice this

Yes Binnie, we did notice cos there's been a thread about it in main for a week now. lol :p :)

Jérôme Frenchise
07-03-2007, 05:57 AM

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lAoJTPrypfA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lAoJTPrypfA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

LMAO!!! :D

Ha! Ha! You can't find worse than that in "French music", really.
The first one is about "a little foam-rubber man", and the second one about "dancing in line". Well... :rolleyes: :D

Happy B-Day btw FORD. :bottle: :birthday:

jero
07-03-2007, 06:20 AM
[B]Ha! Ha! You can't find worse than that in "French music", really.
B]

:D are you sure?

Jérôme Frenchise
07-03-2007, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by jero
:D are you sure?

:D Well, Jero, how're you doing, bro?

You're right, there's even worse... :o

I'm wondering what could be a sort of froggie Van GHAYGAR... But that would mean there would have once been a sort of French CVH, which sounds as probable as a Saudi version of the Rolling Stones! :D

binnie
07-03-2007, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by MAX
Yes Binnie, we did notice cos there's been a thread about it in main for a week now. lol :p :)

My bad.

I'm an expert at owning myself!

ThrillsNSpills
07-03-2007, 08:58 AM
Oh man those clips are too funny

DavidLeeNatra
07-03-2007, 09:54 AM
happy birthday ford...here is a song for ya :D

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/u7ud4l4R2Mc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/u7ud4l4R2Mc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

jero
07-03-2007, 10:01 AM
:D Well, Jero, how're you doing, bro?

You're right, there's even worse... :o

I'm wondering what could be a sort of froggie Van GHAYGAR... But that would mean there would have once been a sort of French CVH, which sounds as probable as a Saudi version of the Rolling Stones! :D

Great man! thanks!

DavidLeeNatra
07-03-2007, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by MAX
I need to learn how to do the youtube thing.

I found more of ANONYMOUS LINKER - LIVE FROM MOM'S BASEMENT!!! :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVOI8byA0pY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6QuXOcHdfA

this IS the real hagar, isn't he??? :confused:

diamondsgirl
07-03-2007, 10:28 AM

holy shit....that is some of the funniest shit ever! I'm cryin' over here....:D

diamondsgirl
07-03-2007, 10:44 AM

Hagar is so fucking pathetic. I have never seen a grown man lay down assuming the "diaper-changing" position....:D

at least not on stage, anyway. ;)

he looks like a Twisted Sister reject, like he wasn't preeetty enough to make the cut

ziggysmalls
07-03-2007, 10:46 AM
Well the Links definitely has a pro-Sammy bias and with that his buddies. Its really becoming the Hagar Navy.

I like Mike but to some people there, you would think that God created him on the 7th day. Anyway during the 2004 tour, none of my casual VH fans wanted to go. However with this upcoming tour, I have 12 people inquiring about when its going to happen. People are posting that this tour will do worse than 2004 because Mike is not there. Did not know bassplayer was the reason for 85 million in album sales.

diamondsgirl
07-03-2007, 10:51 AM
Well the Links definitely has a pro-Sammy bias and with that his buddies. Its really becoming the Hagar Navy.

I like Mike but to some people there, you would think that God created him on the 7th day. Anyway during the 2004 tour, none of my casual VH fans wanted to go. However with this upcoming tour, I have 12 people inquiring about when its going to happen. People are posting that this tour will do worse than 2004 because Mike is not there. Did not know bassplayer was the reason for 85 million in album sales.

welcome zigg...glad you're here :cool:

DavidLeeNatra
07-03-2007, 11:18 AM
if the tour happens brett will be the last to switch off the lights over "there"... :D

ALinChainz
07-03-2007, 11:23 AM
The reason they have the major hard-on for Mike is that its the one thing wrong with the next version of VH w/Dave.

They have to bitch about something.

TOM_5150
07-03-2007, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by MAX
Also, one would have to be somewhat retarded to not realize that something's been brewing with VH, even when the tour was postponed. I've already stated it a gazillion times but Dave's silence speaks volumes. :hitch:

Yeah, I gotta agree. The boys are getting primed!!

jero
07-03-2007, 01:57 PM

Though he is part of the classic sound, I think you have a point here.

JMJ
07-03-2007, 02:37 PM
billboard has now picked it up

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003606613

Reunited Van Halen Eyeing Fall Arena Run
David Lee Roth

July 03, 2007, 10:00 AM ET

Ray Waddell, Nashville
A proposed summer amphitheater tour by a reunited Van Halen that was derailed when guitarist Eddie Van Halen checked into rehab now looks like it may be resurrected as a fall arena run. Several arena holds are in place in major markets for potential Van Halen dates, Billboard.com has learned.

The tour, negotiations for which were first tipped here on Jan. 24, would feature David Lee Roth, Eddie and Alex Van Halen and Eddie Van Halen's teenage son Wolfgang on bass.

Wheels had been in motion for a 40-date, Live Nation-produced amphitheater tour, with original frontman Roth back in the fold for the first time in more than 20 years. Van Halen last toured in 2004 with vocalist Sammy Hagar, grossing nearly $40 million, according to Billboard Boxscore.

But the reunion never got off the ground, and Eddie Van Halen entered a rehabilitation facility for undisclosed reasons in March. In the months since, the artist has been seen publicly looking healthy and fit.

The buzz surrounding the prospect of a Van Halen tour with Roth seems to point toward a successful trek. "I see it absolutely as an inevitability," Roth told Billboard.com more than a year ago regarding a tour with his ex-bandmates. "To me, it's not rocket surgery. It's very simple to put together. And as far as hurt feelings and water under the dam, like what's-her-name says to what's-her-name at the end of the movie 'Chicago' -- 'So what? It's showbiz!'"

Pasadena Bunnie
07-03-2007, 02:59 PM
Here we go again... ;)

The ARMY in waiting...

LstLkly2Succeed
07-03-2007, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Pasadena Bunnie
Here we go again... ;)

The ARMY in waiting...

At least it's worth the wait!

Pasadena Bunnie
07-03-2007, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by LstLkly2Succeed
At least it's worth the wait!

Indeed it is!

Get your credit cards ready.....so curious to know what ticket prices will be?????????????????

FORD
07-03-2007, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
happy birthday ford...here is a song for ya :D

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/u7ud4l4R2Mc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/u7ud4l4R2Mc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Oh my God that's awful! Almost as bad as the Van Hagar version!!

Is that the same band that did the "Final Countdown" cover?

Coyote
07-03-2007, 05:32 PM
Oh my God that's awful! Almost as bad as the Van Hagar version!!

Is that the same band that did the "Final Countdown" cover?

Wouldn't be surprised if it were... :lol:

(Happy Beerday, dude! :gulp: )

Grant
07-03-2007, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by MAX
Mate,

Mike's "loyalty" ended a few miles back. I'm not blaming him cos he chose not to sit around for several years, with his thumb up his ass waiting for EVH to do something. However and instead, he decided to to stick his thumb up Hagar's ass instead which is where it's been firmly planted much to the dismay of the Halen's.

Again, it's nobody's fault persay. This is just where we are now. Ed's inspired (obviously) to play the real material with his son and brother and nobody can ever front VH excluding Dave. VOILA!!! This is where we are now.

Sides that, how are you Rov? It's good to see you as well. :)

Hey Maximus,

Well each to his own, mate. I respectfully disagree. Granted that we dunno what's really going on behind the scenes with these guys, but I just can't see how Ed can't just put whatever bitterness he has regarding Mike - childish or not - behind him and move on from it. He seems to have made amendments with Dave - and it took him 20 years (and counting) to do so. Don't get me wrong, if Wolfie is really inspiring him to play again, then just let him (Wolfie) jam onstage with him and leave it at that.

Yep, doing fairly good, and good to see round too, mate! :)

Mike Sobolewski
07-03-2007, 07:28 PM
Eddie asked me to be in the band but I said no. I told him that I'm with Sammy all the way! Plus, Sammy said that he will be mad if I play with Van Halen. Also, Eddie said that they will not be playing any Van Hagar songs and this is not acceptable to me.

JMJ
07-03-2007, 08:37 PM
am i the only one here who thinks that a good part of ed is only doing this cuz his son is old enough to play and not cuz ed really wants to?

ziggysmalls
07-03-2007, 08:54 PM
Well I think since Sam first left in 95, that Ed has been wanting to dip into the CVH catalog. Sammy was always against it and when Gary toured with them, you saw Feel Your Love Tonigh, Romeo Delight, Somebody Get Me A Doctor, Dance The Night Away, I'm the One and Unchained making it back into the set list.

You have the 1996 reunion and 2000 as well with Dave.

During 2004 tour, Ed would play CVH soundchecks and would drop little pieces in solo. He would improvise on Hagar songs but would nail the CVH songs. He seemed very bored with playing the Hagar stuff as well.

So I think he wants to do it. Partly for monetary reasons but I also think to stick it to Sam and Mike. I also think that even though they have their differences, Ed and Dave are closer than what we think. I also believe they know their best work was with each other. Remember my enemies enemy is my friend.

So I guess after a novel I believe Ed wants to do this. Its just a bonus having Wolfgang around,

rustoffa
07-03-2007, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by JMJ
am i the only one here who thinks that a good part of ed is only doing this cuz his son is old enough to play and not cuz ed really wants to?

good point. hopefully, it's a mixture of that, and common sensibilities. first and foremost, he probably knew there was no way that weight shedding Val would agree to putting their collective progeny on display while he was fucked up as a football bat. secondly, and equally as hopefully? he probably didn't want to show up fucked up as a football bat with old #1 on the same stage.

no phoning it in with that totalitarian around!! no "5150 Time!"......no capri pants...no clowning around with a round clown around.

add a dash of just wanting to rockthefuckout?

halleylooya!!!

jhale667
07-03-2007, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by rustoffa

...no clowning around with a round clown around.

LMAO! :D

Terry
07-03-2007, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by MAX
My goodness people, it is what it is. It's Van Halen cos it has David Lee Roth and Edward Van Halen. Face it, that's what most of the planet thinks of when they put faces to the Van Halen band name.

It's also a reunion tour and it will be fun. Of course it's not going to be 1984 or whatever and who in their right mind thinks it will be? :rolleyes:

It will be a plus if it snowballs into another album or something but there's activity going on and it's awesome.

I just get so friggin' sick and tired of people whining about the Mikey crap. Fine, no "Mikey" and you don't support it. So stay the fuck home cos there will be plenty of others that will fill your seats at the shows and DLR, AVH, EVH ain't gonna give a flying fuck about your "No Mikey No Van Haley" campaign either. Twerpy nitwits...

Seriously, fuck off already, go watch the Haganthony shit, be happy and shutup!!!

It is what it is.

Not all it could be, though. And no real reason for it NOT to be all it could be.

Doesn't seem right for me to settle for less when it comes to Van Halen. Didn't settle for Van Hagar or Van Cherone, so why cut corners now?

Ain't shelling out money to see a greatest hits tour with 3/4's of the band there. Just not interested in it, and, frankly, these guys are capable of doing more than that.

Doesn't matter that the Van Halens and Roth don't care what anyone on this site thinks about it. This smacks of a lack of effort and taking the lazy way out on the part of the remaining members of the band.

You wanna settle for less, that's your biz.

Peace.

MUSICMANN
07-03-2007, 10:51 PM
Everyone has their opinion on this. Some say without MA, it's not VH and some like me, couldn't give a rats ass if he is involved or not. Ed never thought highly of Mike, he never thought he pulled his weight in the band and became rich off of what him, Dave and Al were doing.

It definitly seems all that came to pass on the 04 tour with Spammy. I think it was the last show, when Ed went all pete townsend and trashed his guitar, screaming this is the end, it's over. I really believe Ed was just flat out tired of those two and said fuck it.

Ed, really never had a problem with Dave's work ethic, and knows he was his other half on creating all that great music on the six pack. He knew bringing Dave back in the band, it would legitimize VHonce again.

We can all speculate about wolfgang, but the kid might be just as creative as his dad, and really brings way more to the table than MA ever did. There's a differance in being a solid musician and being a musician that can actually right music and contribute.

I'm not saying that the kid can do that, but he has the genes for it, and i would guess that if Dave is up for it, the kid just might be that damn good.

I'll take three VH's and Dave any day, week, yr. or forever, than having a VH fronted by anyone other than Dave and MA on bass.

The yrs. of lackluster music, chessy ballads, and uninspired playing is over. Bring on the attitude, hard rockin and unforgetable music, that is VH.

bantonelli
07-03-2007, 11:39 PM
A concert starring:

David Lee Roth - Eddie Van Halen - Alex Van Halen - Wolfie Van Halen

IS Enough Van Halen for me!!!!! ;)

Max is absolutely right.....so what if Bassplayer isn't in it at this point....stop whining...and if you can't stop whining, you know the alternative.

bantonelli
07-04-2007, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by rustoffa
no "5150 Time!"......no capri pants...no clowning around with a round clown around.

add a dash of just wanting to rockthefuckout?

halleylooya!!!

YES!! Rustoffa's got it going on!

No Capri'd Clowns on this Tour!:D :D

Dan
07-04-2007, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by bantonelli
YES!! Rustoffa's got it going on!

No Capri'd Clowns on this Tour!:D :D

Do you have a Spare bed at your place if I come over?

I mean for The Show,People.

bantonelli
07-04-2007, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by Dan
Do you have a Spare bed at your place if I come over?

I mean for The Show,People.

Absolutely...Pasadena Hospitality - NZ hasn't seen hospitality the way we do it here in LA LA LAND....If I can't accommodate you here, there is always Paris' Hilton's Garden (Inn).:D

Dan
07-04-2007, 01:22 AM
Absolutely...Pasadena Hospitality - NZ hasn't seen hospitality the way we do it here in LA LA LAND....If I can't accommodate you here, there is always Paris' Hilton's Garden (Inn).:D

Roth On,Bantonelli.:)

binnie
07-04-2007, 03:49 AM

Max is absolutely right.....so what if Bassplayer isn't in it at this point....stop whining...and if you can't stop whining, you know the alternative.

I have to agree. It might not be CVH, but 75% is better than jack shit....

JMJ
07-04-2007, 03:57 AM
u bet yer ass this is real this ain't no fuckin quiet riot people :D

max...where the fuck r ya?!

binnie
07-04-2007, 04:12 AM
From canada.com (seems to be copied frm billboard)

Ray Waddell, Reuters
Published: Wednesday, July 04, 2007

NASHVILLE (Billboard) - A proposed summer amphitheater tour by a reunited Van Halen that was derailed when guitarist Eddie Van Halen checked into rehab now could be resurrected as a fall arena run. Several arena holds are in place in major markets for potential Van Halen dates, Billboard.com has learned.

The tour would feature original singer David Lee Roth, Eddie and Alex Van Halen and Eddie Van Halen's teenage son Wolfgang on bass.

Wheels had been in motion for a 40-date amphitheater tour, with Roth back in the fold for the first time in more than 20 years. Van Halen last toured in 2004 with vocalist Sammy Hagar, grossing nearly $40 million, according to Billboard Boxscore.

But the reunion never got off the ground, and Eddie Van Halen entered a rehabilitation facility for undisclosed reasons in March. In the months since, the artist has been seen publicly looking healthy and fit.

Reuters/Billboard

MAX
07-04-2007, 04:47 AM
Originally posted by JMJ
u bet yer ass this is real this ain't no fuckin quiet riot people :D

max...where the fuck r ya?!

Talk to me Goose... :D

MAX
07-04-2007, 04:56 AM
Originally posted by binnie
I have to agree. It might not be CVH, but 75% is better than jack shit....

No offense Bin but "75%" od CVH my ass. It's pure unadulterated rock and roll and you're invited. ;) :hitch:

THIS LINEUP IS VAN HALEN!!! And with no sugarcoating.

It's Dave and Ed and nothing more needs to be said.

No Cabo Wabozos, nor Mikey Mulletheads, nor sheep of any kind. This is the REAL DEAL AND CONSISTS OF THE PURE FANBASE!!!

The rest of the motherfuckers will be far away pouting whilst all of us can rock out with our cocks out!!! :killer:

Again, this is the best thing for this tour or the future cos the last remnant's of the sheep fanbase are now gone and they can overeeat, buy hot sauce, have their fuckin' dreams and cry their sorrowsthat wannabe tequila whilst we hit the ground runnin'!!!

jero
07-04-2007, 05:11 AM
A bit of topic but look at 19:25

http://allabout-sp.net/?p=raremedia/makingofsp

Vinnie Velvet
07-04-2007, 10:27 AM
Van HALEN RETURNS!

Nickdfresh
07-04-2007, 10:38 AM

Or Wolfgang restates the obvious: that he's too young to hang around 50-something men, and a father with an extremely addictive personality...

Nickdfresh
07-04-2007, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills
If Eddie's playing is like a couple years ago, what difference does it make what's going on on bass.

Good points my man...

The last one the MATTERED!

hideyoursheep
07-04-2007, 10:46 AM

Who Cares?!?!

It was the 90's....

Spammy McHaggis was already onstage,that's bad enough.:mad:

TICKETS.

And T-Shirts.

Then I'll believe.:cool:

bantonelli
07-04-2007, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by MAX

[b]

No Cabo Wabozos, nor Mikey Mulletheads, nor sheep of any kind. This is the REAL DEAL AND CONSISTS OF THE PURE FANBASE!!!

The rest of the motherfuckers will be far away pouting whilst all of us can rock out with our cocks out!!! :killer:

Again, this is the best thing for this tour or the future cos the last remnant's of the sheep fanbase are now gone and they can overeeat, buy hot sauce, have their fuckin' dreams and cry their sorrows that wannabe tequila whilst we hit the ground runnin'!!!

MAX - this is the million dollar statement!:D :D :D :D :D :D

Nickdfresh
07-04-2007, 10:54 AM
It's worse than hypocrisy. Mike's harmonies were outstanding, but as a bass player he's average. And he didn't write a single song.

David Lee Roth wrote the lyrics, the vocal melodies, and helped Eddie shape his riffs into a coherent structure.

Sammy did all those same things in Van Hagar, but with drastically different results.

There's no logical basis whatsoever to assume that Michael Anthony's role in Van HALEN was equal to that of David Lee Roth.

Welcome aboard, Ziggy.

You are correct, Ford. And happy birthday, compadre...

TAKIN WHISKEY
07-04-2007, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by MUSICMANN
Everyone has their opinion on this. Some say without MA, it's not VH and some like me, couldn't give a rats ass if he is involved or not. Ed never thought highly of Mike, he never thought he pulled his weight in the band and became rich off of what him, Dave and Al were doing.

It definitly seems all that came to pass on the 04 tour with Spammy. I think it was the last show, when Ed went all pete townsend and trashed his guitar, screaming this is the end, it's over. I really believe Ed was just flat out tired of those two and said fuck it.

Ed, really never had a problem with Dave's work ethic, and knows he was his other half on creating all that great music on the six pack. He knew bringing Dave back in the band, it would legitimize VHonce again.

We can all speculate about wolfgang, but the kid might be just as creative as his dad, and really brings way more to the table than MA ever did. There's a differance in being a solid musician and being a musician that can actually right music and contribute.

I'm not saying that the kid can do that, but he has the genes for it, and i would guess that if Dave is up for it, the kid just might be that damn good.

I'll take three VH's and Dave any day, week, yr. or forever, than having a VH fronted by anyone other than Dave and MA on bass.

The yrs. of lackluster music, chessy ballads, and uninspired playing is over. Bring on the attitude, hard rockin and unforgetable music, that is VH.

5 star post right there brother.

TAKIN WHISKEY
07-04-2007, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by MAX
No offense Bin but "75%" od CVH my ass. It's pure unadulterated rock and roll and you're invited. ;) :hitch:

Again, this is the best thing for this tour or the future cos the last remnant's of the sheep fanbase are now gone and they can overeeat, buy hot sauce, have their fuckin' dreams and cry their sorrowsthat wannabe tequila whilst we hit the ground runnin'!!!

Sign me up Max! I'm with ya 100%

diamondsgirl
07-04-2007, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by MAX

Yes.

They will have what they want. Sammy and Mikey joined at the hip. Thats what dreams are made of, no? :p

And we will have what we want. Dave and Ed together on stage. Livin life like there's no tomorrow. :cool:

eddie78
07-04-2007, 11:55 AM
Max articulated my sentiments beautifully.
If your missing out on this 2007 run with Dave & Ed, your just a bitter, unhappy human being.

Hyman Roth
07-04-2007, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by eddie78
If your missing out on this 2007 run with Dave & Ed, your just a bitter, unhappy human being.

You mean like Eddie Van Halen?

And FUCK YOU! I won't pay ridiculous ticket prices to see some bullshit, half-ass cash grab with 3/4 ths of what used to be a great rock and roll band just so special Ed can attempt to get his kid a foothold in the music industry like Hulk Hogan.

You want to go? Fine. Enjoy the show. But I have seen CLASSIC Van Halen - and this, assuming arguendo they are actually going to tour, which is a stretch in and of itself, ain't it! Don't fool yourself.

And I would further appreciate you not making outlandish assumptions about my or anyone else's personal life based on whether or not someone is willing to pay big bucks to watch a train wreck.

binnie
07-04-2007, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by MAX

Well, you've converted me!

Ring the bell, sound the siren and set off the marching band.]

It's on, they're coming, it's all good.

Amen.

Hyman Roth
07-04-2007, 01:13 PM
Point of clarity, please: does one have to listen to Sammy Hagar to be a sheep?

It seems to me like there will be PLENTY of sheep at the show. They may be of a different breed than a Hagar-sheep, but sheep in the pasture blindly following their leader nonetheless.

Redballjets88
07-04-2007, 01:27 PM
i was going to say about the same thing, i hope to god i dont sit near someone that is a BOBW fan i will choke out a bitch that says the word sammy hagar near me, if/when the tour happens

Terry
07-04-2007, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Hyman Roth

And FUCK YOU! I won't pay ridiculous ticket prices to see some bullshit, half-ass cash grab with 3/4 ths of what used to be a great rock and roll band just so special Ed can attempt to get his kid a foothold in the music industry like Hulk Hogan.

You want to go? Fine. Enjoy the show. But I have seen CLASSIC Van Halen - and this, assuming arguendo they are actually going to tour, which is a stretch in and of itself, ain't it! Don't fool yourself.

And I would further appreciate you not making outlandish assumptions about my or anyone else's personal life based on whether or not someone is willing to pay big bucks to watch a train wreck.

Fuckin' A.

If the theory is that because one won't pony up the bucks to see a greatest hits tour by a less than complete CVH lineup therefore that person is a bitter, unhappy human being, then I assume it's safe to hypothesize that those who will go see the show are generally complacent, easily placated, and used to accepting second best for themselves.

Bullshit Dr.Phil-esque pshychobabble aside, suppose it comes down to a personal choice of standards and expectations. Shit, I was planning on getting tix myself for one of the summer dates prior to the proposed tour being postponed. Big part of that was having the chance to see Roth and EVH onstage together again for one last time. Ed's rehab stint gave me a chance to rethink this, and I concluded that just the mere act of those two onstage together isn't enough. Even having Anthony there isn't enough. Not if it's just gonna be a rehash of what's already come before.

Want an album of at least 8 new tracks of kick-ass material to be released prior to the shows. Want the full lineup there. Want the band to take a big piss on all the other half-assed reunions that other bands have undertaken prior to this, and show all of them how it should be done. Even KISS wan't able to pull off the feat of putting out decent new music during their late 1990s reunion, but at least they made the fucking EFFORT.

What Roth and the Van Halens are proposing is just more of the same in terms of how band reunions go these days. Having seen the real deal back in the day, I just can't accept this lesser version of CVH now. They're not even trying. Smacks of no effort to me. Doesn't honor the spirit and level of excellence the band attained back in the day. In all seriousness, though, should the tour actually happen I do hope those who go have a good time.

Now I'll quit bitching about it, and return to jacking off on my Mike Anthony 8" x 10" autographed color glossys.

CROWBAR
07-04-2007, 08:00 PM
You mean like Eddie Van Halen?

Amen Hyman! It is gonna be a cash grab if there ever was one. It is a half assed effort too on their part. Do it right or don't do it all. Why shell out the big bucks just to see two guys? You can't tell me your actually stoked to see a kid with no experience up there. One kid and three 50+ yr. old guys. Lame.

No one's bitter, just disappointed. So much for the long ass wait. :rolleyes:

CROWBAR
07-04-2007, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Terry
Fuckin' A.

If the theory is that because one won't pony up the bucks to see a greatest hits tour by a less than complete CVH lineup therefore that person is a bitter, unhappy human being, then I assume it's safe to hypothesize that those who will go see the show are generally complacent, easily placated, and used to accepting second best for themselves.

Bullshit Dr.Phil-esque pshychobabble aside, suppose it comes down to a personal choice of standards and expectations. Shit, I was planning on getting tix myself for one of the summer dates prior to the proposed tour being postponed. Big part of that was having the chance to see Roth and EVH onstage together again for one last time. Ed's rehab stint gave me a chance to rethink this, and I concluded that just the mere act of those two onstage together isn't enough. Even having Anthony there isn't enough. Not if it's just gonna be a rehash of what's already come before.

Want an album of at least 8 new tracks of kick-ass material to be released prior to the shows. Want the full lineup there. Want the band to take a big piss on all the other half-assed reunions that other bands have undertaken prior to this, and show all of them how it should be done. Even KISS wan't able to pull off the feat of putting out decent new music during their late 1990s reunion, but at least they made the fucking EFFORT.

What Roth and the Van Halens are proposing is just more of the same in terms of how band reunions go these days. Having seen the real deal back in the day, I just can't accept this lesser version of CVH now. They're not even trying. Smacks of no effort to me. Doesn't honor the spirit and level of excellence the band attained back in the day. In all seriousness, though, should the tour actually happen I do hope those who go have a good time.

Great post Terry, as per your norm.

Nickdfresh
07-04-2007, 08:34 PM
BTW, when do tickets go on sale?

It's only two fucking months away!

Redballjets88
07-04-2007, 08:36 PM
i dont know, like i said i bought tickets to Muse which is on september 15 a week ago

diamondsgirl
07-04-2007, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by eddie78

thats not quite what Max said...

diamondsgirl
07-04-2007, 08:43 PM
BTW, when do tickets go on sale?

It's only two fucking months away!

will you go check it out?

whatever you want to call "it"? :D

Nickdfresh
07-04-2007, 08:47 PM

whatever you want to call "it"? :D

Check what out, hun'?

diamondsgirl
07-04-2007, 08:49 PM
Van Clusterfuck.... when/if it comes to town

MAX
07-04-2007, 09:07 PM
Van Clusterfuck.... when/if it comes to town

What's this "Van Clusterfuck" Ms. Angelface?

It has Dave and it has Ed so it's Van Halen. :D

Honestly, I hope I see some numbnuts wearing a "Where's Mikey?" or a Van Hagar shirt so I can point, laugh, slap and throw things at them. That could be fun. :)

I'm off to go cook some orange roughy, corn and rice for you. ;)

Redballjets88
07-04-2007, 09:10 PM
i dont see how someone that says they are a cvh fan can boycott this tour.

sure the bassplayer isnt there but who cares why would that stop someone from going. i would go see dave solo anytime so ill definatly see him with ed and al and wolfie

MAX
07-04-2007, 09:10 PM
Bantonelli, Binnie, Takin Whiskey, eddie78 and the rest of you. Thanks for the kind words.

Again, this is what it is. I'm all for calling a spade a spade, a sheep a sheep or an eggplant an egplant. My point being THIS IS VAN HALEN!!!

Everybody Wants Some!!! I want some too!!! Baby, how bout you?!?!?!?!? :killer:

MAX
07-04-2007, 09:18 PM
i dont see how someone that says they are a cvh fan can boycott this tour.

They're NOT VH fans persay... They're queer for Mikey's sock, his bitchscream and wanna suck his pee pee.

Come to think of it, when I saw the 1984 tour, I had front row and on Anthony's side.

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u237/berdasco/mytimyoldvhtixstubs.jpg?t=1183598086

That was the GREATEST CONCERT I'VE EVER SEEN, I remember sooo much about the show and you know what? ALL of my highlights were of Dave and Ed. Fuck, the ONLY thing I remember about Anthony was the Jack Daniels bass and taking a leak when he did his solo.

It was the Dave and Edward show. I remember the crowd chanting "DAVID!!! DAVID!!! DAVID!!!" when he did his martial arts thing and they chanted "EDDIE!!!" when he did his guitar solo. Not once did the crowd go monkeyshit over Anthony...

Howlin' Wolf
07-04-2007, 09:19 PM
The legacy hab been torn to smash
De Hagaritas cannot run(cuz they too fat)
Ol' Mullet has got his boiler bust
And dat hab stopt his fun
Poor spEDdie lies berry sick
Wid rupture and wid gout
Whilst David Lee and His Army begins to see
De game am most played out

TAKIN WHISKEY
07-04-2007, 09:22 PM
Some say this is a half ass cash grab, which I don't completely understand. Sure we would all love a new album and it would be cool to tour behind one,but who is to say it is half ass. For all we know, these guys have been practicing since December. They just might be tight.

MAX
07-04-2007, 09:22 PM

Dolly, you've seen VH how many times? What, you saw all the tours from The 1980 Invasion through 1984? We've talked at great lengths about every show and you know what? Not ONCE did you ever mention Michael Anthony outside of his backing vox getting on your nerves when Dave stopped singing. lol

TAKIN WHISKEY
07-04-2007, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by MAX
Bantonelli, Binnie, Takin Whiskey, eddie78 and the rest of you. Thanks for the kind words.

Again, this is what it is. I'm all for calling a spade a spade, a sheep a sheep or an eggplant an egplant. My point being THIS IS VAN HALEN!!!

Everybody Wants Some!!! I want some too!!! Baby, how bout you?!?!?!?!? :killer:

No problem Max. We have all been waiting 23 years for this and there is no way some mullet headed bass player with no loyalty to Dave,at all, is going to stop me from seeing this show. Sauce boy can't sing anymore anyway and the bottom line is this: Wolf is probably one of the biggest reasons that Dave is back with Van Halen in the 1st place.

TAKIN WHISKEY
07-04-2007, 09:35 PM
Now, with that said, I certainly don't have anything against bass player, other than his love for Spambo. He is just irrelevant now. It is what it is. He's done and it has been a long time coming.

diamondsgirl
07-04-2007, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by MAX
What's this "Van Clusterfuck" Ms. Angelface?

It has Dave and it has Ed so it's Van Halen. :D

Honestly, I hope I see some numbnuts wearing a "Where's Mikey?" or a Van Hagar shirt so I can point, laugh, slap and throw things at them. That could be fun. :)

I'm off to go cook some orange roughy, corn and rice for you. ;)

I was just calling it that to point out that it doesn't matter what its called. Van Halen. Roth Halen. Van Roth. Whatever its billed as (yes, I agree its Van Halen...but not Classic Van Halen, because thats all 4 originals.)
So...Van Whatever.

I was wondering if Nickdkid was going to see "it".

(Max...I'll give you some "roughy"...:cool: )

mm hmm ;)

diamondsgirl
07-04-2007, 10:35 PM
Some say this is a half ass cash grab, which I don't completely understand. Sure we would all love a new album and it would be cool to tour behind one,but who is to say it is half ass. For all we know, these guys have been practicing since December. They just might be tight.

I am sure they will be happy to be making some coin off it, but I think this means a lot more than $$ to Dave. Its about closure for him.

And I think that Ed is happier to be touring with his kid than he is about the cash.

Wolf would probably do it for free.

Alex is there because...

because....

hmmmm??? :confused:

oh yeah....the band was named after him.

Thats it. :D

LMAO.

diamondsgirl
07-04-2007, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Howlin' Wolf
The legacy hab been torn to smash
De Hagaritas cannot run(cuz they too fat)
Ol' Mullet has got his boiler bust
And dat hab stopt his fun
Poor spEDdie lies berry sick
Wid rupture and wid gout
Whilst David Lee and His Army begins to see
De game am most played out

You know...I almost said the exact same thing. :D

Hey Wolf...I love that Commit a Crime tune in your sig...SRV does a killer version of that one. (No pun intended :p )

"You mixed my drank...."

MUSICMANN
07-05-2007, 12:04 AM
Point of clarity, please: does one have to listen to Sammy Hagar to be a sheep?

It seems to me like there will be PLENTY of sheep at the show. They may be of a different breed than a Hagar-sheep, but sheep in the pasture blindly following their leader nonetheless.

I find your lack of faith disturbing!

bantonelli
07-05-2007, 12:37 AM
There will always be one in the bunch who thinks he's the Bearded Collie rounding up the herd...

Hyman Roth
07-05-2007, 12:54 AM
There will always be one in the bunch who thinks he's the Bearded Collie rounding up the herd...

Fuck the herd, you stupid whore. I could give three shits what anyone else does. This is a message board for expressing opinions and that's all I have done.

And LMAO - Max - the fanboi Ed suckdick with an unhealthy fascination for homoeroticism in the form of gladiator movies thinks I want to suck Mike's "peepee" for calling this bullshit exactly what it is: bullshit? What the fak are you, man, seven years old? And by the way, its "per se", not "persay", you ignorant retard. Log off the internet every once in a while and try reading a book every now and then, eh?

Its funny how Melodic Rock prints another rumour about a tour and all the idiots line up like its the Gospel, like they have never been fucked over before by this same shite, over and over again for 23 years. Meanwhile the posters with any shamble of intelligence are cautious. Well keep it up fuckheads, you're entertainment for the rest of us.

bantonelli
07-05-2007, 01:01 AM
Oh Hyman, give the ARMY a break, will ya?

We're not naive enough to start jumping on bandwagons just because Melodicrock prnting up the proposed possibility of a Tour. We're not standing in line or have our Ticketmaster as our wallpaper..

We've got a mixed bag of nuts over here...OK?! Some of us don't give a rat's ass whether SauceBoy is involved in this concert...and SO WHO GIVES A CRAP?

Yeah, everyone's got an opinion and if they were stated as intelligently as Terry's or Crowbar's, there is no harm done and it's respected.

But you come off as if someone attacked you personally...and whether it ws subliminally, it's all entertainment....remember?

Hyman Roth
07-05-2007, 01:06 AM
Look - I'm just not going to engage in a flame war in an active thread in the Main with you or Max or anybody. You want to call me out? Fine - start a thread in Ariel's dump and I'll be there with bells on.

But I will say, that I'm not at all surprised that you failed to recognize that both Terry and Crowbar found what I had to say intelligent enough to quote me in their posts so you can make of that whatever you want...if you have the brain power, that is.

Dan
07-05-2007, 01:06 AM
Holy Shit,I need A Drink.

LstLkly2Succeed
07-05-2007, 01:14 AM
Oh Hyman, give the ARMY a break, will ya?

We're not naive enough to start jumping on bandwagons just because Melodicrock prnting up the proposed possibility of a Tour. We're not standing in line or have our Ticketmaster as our wallpaper..

We've got a mixed bag of nuts over here...OK?! Some of us don't give a rat's ass whether SauceBoy is involved in this concert...and SO WHO GIVES A CRAP?

Yeah, everyone's got an opinion and if they were stated as intelligently as Terry's or Crowbar's, there is no harm done and it's respected.

But you come off as if someone attacked you personally...and whether it ws subliminally, it's all entertainment....remember?

Well stated.

MAX
07-05-2007, 01:15 AM
Fuck the herd, you stupid whore. I could give three shits what anyone else does. This is a message board for expressing opinions and that's all I have done, you dumb, sexless cunt.

And LMAO - Max - the fanboi Ed suckdick with an unhealthy fascination for homoeroticism in the form of gladiator movies thinks I want to suck Mike's "peepee" for calling this bullshit exactly what it is: bullshit? What the fak are you, man, seven years old? And by the way, its "per se", not "persay", you ignorant retard. Log off the internet every once in a while and try reading a book every now and then, eh?

Its funny how Melodic Rock prints another rumour about a tour and all the idiots line up like its the Gospell, like they have never been fucked over before by this same shite, over and over again for 23 years. Meanwhile the posters with any shamble of intelligence are cautious. Well keep it up fuckheads, you're entertainment for the rest of us.

Here's your post prior to the edit.

I just wanted everyone to read your beautiful economy of wording selection.

I love how you state that a message board is for "expressing opinions" and you follow it with such wonderful words to a respected female poster.

BTW, my initial post wasn't even directed at you whatsoever (did I spell that correctly?) cos frankly, I've never even noticed any of your posts prior.

Yes, it's true that infact I loooove my "Gladiator" avatar, title and what goes with it. DG gave me the av and I love her to death and the webbies gave me the title for fun. At the end of the day, I rather enjoy it as well. :cool:

Lastly, I read plenty of books. Unfortunately, they're lacking such wonderful uses of the English laguage such as "cunt" or "whore" regarding wimmin' as in your manditory reading.

I'll get back to whatever it is I read whilst you get back to the Hustler forums, eh?

In closing, go fuck yourself cos it's beyond evident no woman does nor is willing to do such a thing.

Hyman Roth
07-05-2007, 01:18 AM
Take it to Arielle's dump fuckhead - and I edited my post for consistency. A whore can't exaclty be sexless, can she?

MAX
07-05-2007, 01:20 AM
Look - I'm just not going to engage in a flame war in an active thread in the Main with you or Max or anybody. You want to call me out?

You just did and fuck Arielle's dump cos I'll fucking finish it here where YOU started errrrrrrr... "engaged" it.

MAX
07-05-2007, 01:21 AM
Take it to Arielle's dump fuckhead - and I edited my post for consistency. A whore can't exaclty be sexless, can she?

Fuck off you spineless prick, you chose to fuck up this great thread with the name calling so back it up. :)

Hyman Roth
07-05-2007, 01:25 AM
Fuck if I did - you're the one who stated something to the effect of 'anyone who doesn't agree with me is gay for Mikey' on the same page where I expressed a differing opinion. Like you didn't read it. And Bantonelli with her 'personal attack' bullshit. Who exactly did you have in mind when you were talking about that bearded collie?

Now look, can we agree not to shit all over this thread? I have about 20 minutes before I crash and I would be more than happy to go back and forth with you but it ain't right to do it here and I wont. Sorry.

bantonelli
07-05-2007, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by Dan
Holy Shit,I need A Drink.

Ummmmm......I could use a nice Ice Cold Long Island Iced Tea or a Cold Corona/lime twist ......since ya'll had to read the last few posts, how about a round on the house!!!

Happy 4th!!!:D

Dan
07-05-2007, 01:29 AM
Ummmmm......I could use a nice Ice Cold Long Island Iced Tea or a Cold Corona/lime twist ......since ya'll had to read the last few posts, how about a round on the house!!!

Happy 4th!!!:D

Happy 4th Of July,Bantonelli.:D

Cheers. :bottle:

MAX
07-05-2007, 01:30 AM
Fuck if I did - you're the one who stated something to the effect of 'anyone who doesn't agree with me is gay for Mikey' on the same page where I expressed a differing opinion. Like you didn't read it. And Bantonelli with her 'personal attack' bullshit. Who exactly did you have in mind when you were talking about that bearded collie?

Now look, can we agree not to shit all over this thread? I have about 20 minutes before I crash and I would be more than happy to go back and forth with you but it ain't right to do it here and I wont. Sorry.

Hey, my opinions are solely my own and as I already stated THEY WERE NOT DIRECTED TOWARDS YOURSELF NOR ANYONE AT THE ARMY!!! The jabs I made were directed to certain sheep (they know who they are) with big fucking mouths.

As for the rest, it was infact yourself who fired the first shots with the namecalling.

I'm all for peace on this board. So, if you were offended by my prior posts, I do apologize cos they were NOT directed towards yourself.

Whether I agree or not, I will step up to the plate and say good on you for backing off for the sake of the thread.

If you have any further beefs with me, please and by all means feel free to shoot me a pm, deal?

bantonelli
07-05-2007, 01:33 AM
Max - you are a Class Act - as well as many others on this board, whether I agree with them about the proposed Tour or not.

P.S. The ARMY does NOT breed SHEEP.

Dan
07-05-2007, 01:35 AM
Max - you are a Class Act - as well as many others on this board, whether I agree with them about the proposed Tour or not.

P.S. The ARMY does NOT breed SHEEP.

But they Do Breed.:D

Hyman Roth
07-05-2007, 01:35 AM
Deal! And no beefs here, man. If that shot wasn't intended at me for my earlier post then I was wrong talking shit to ya'. Apology accepted and right back at you as well.

Really, until I read that about 4 hours ago, I loved your posts....in a non-gay way, of course. And I wasn't even going to say anything until Bantonelli took her jab (she and I have a bit of a history...I don't just go around calling women whores ya' know?).

Peace out and I'm crashing.