PDA

View Full Version : Rolling Stone Says tour is a go!

NATEDOG001976
07-04-2007, 05:10 AM
http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2007/07/03/van-halen-reunion-get-fooled-again/

Hope it's true!!!!

Hyman Roth
07-04-2007, 06:03 AM
Oh this time its true!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSsJ19sy3JI

chi-town324
07-04-2007, 07:07 AM
why is this in VH/DLR discussion???

binnie
07-04-2007, 07:22 AM
What is interesting are the comments below the article: if they're anything to go by, then there is an awful lot of hate for CVH, and a distinct lack of understanding regarding their importance to Rock history.

However, the first comment made me laugh: Dave fanatics at Links? LOL!!

binnie
07-04-2007, 07:24 AM
The Chicago Sun Times in reporting the "maybe" angle too,

www.suntimes.com

Matt White
07-04-2007, 08:14 AM
HA!!!

THe Sheep sure get worked up over the situation.............

if6was9
07-04-2007, 09:26 AM
God, how I wish the Reunion would become something more than just a Tour.

ULTRAMAN VH
07-04-2007, 09:46 AM
I personally liked the rumor that they were recording thoughout 2007 and planning a huge summer tour for 08. VH has always been a Summertime band, at least when Roth was at the helm. This timeline would also coincide with their 30th anniversery. Don't get me wrong if they come around in the fall, I am there, but a January 08 release of new material, followed by a Spring/Summer tour would be AWESOME.

eddie78
07-04-2007, 11:49 AM
They're coming!
And if ya wanna stay at home when they hit your town, maturbating over vintage Mike Anthony youtube clips, instead of attending...
Your fucking lame!
And these will be the first one's to announce the shows "are sucking", though they haven't bought a ticket.
Long live Dave & Ed!

TAKIN WHISKEY
07-04-2007, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by ULTRAMAN VH
I personally liked the rumor that they were recording thoughout 2007 and planning a huge summer tour for 08. VH has always been a Summertime band, at least when Roth was at the helm. This timeline would also coincide with their 30th anniversery. Don't get me wrong if they come around in the fall, I am there, but a January 08 release of new material, followed by a Spring/Summer tour would be AWESOME.

We can always hope for a tour , new music and another tour. But lets get one under our belts 1st.

Hyman Roth
07-04-2007, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by eddie78
They're coming!
And if ya wanna stay at home when they hit your town, maturbating over vintage Mike Anthony youtube clips, instead of attending...
Your fucking lame!
And these will be the first one's to announce the shows "are sucking", though they haven't bought a ticket.
Long live Dave & Ed!

YOU'RE a douche.

diamondsgirl
07-04-2007, 12:16 PM
Earlier this year Rolling Stone asked David Lee Roth whether the tour would happen. “I have hope and faith, and that’s more than just the name of a couple of strippers from Albuquerque,” he said.

I love you, Dave. ;)

sadaist
07-04-2007, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Hyman Roth
Oh this time its true!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSsJ19sy3JI

I think it's great Rick Astley is on CSI Miami now that his singing career is over.

Hyman Roth
07-04-2007, 12:28 PM
And what a fine actor he turned out to be! LOL.

binnie
07-04-2007, 12:32 PM
Fuck yeah!

I'm trying not to get my hopes up too highly, cos we got burned earlier in the year.

Also, I doubt there's much chance of them coming to Europe, so a reunion tour really doesn't effect me all that much, lol!

Would still be cool though...

TAKIN WHISKEY
07-04-2007, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by binnie
Fuck yeah!

I'm trying not to get my hopes up too highly, cos we got burned earlier in the year.

Also, I doubt there's much chance of them coming to Europe, so a reunion tour really doesn't effect me all that much, lol!

Would still be cool though...

It would be a little hard for you getting through customs huh, binnie? lol

binnie
07-04-2007, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by TAKIN WHISKEY
It would be a little hard for you getting through customs huh, binnie? lol

I am a master of disguise!

At the moment I look like a 25 years old white guy, 6 feet tall, 190 lbs.

Such is the power of Allah.....(joke)

TAKIN WHISKEY
07-04-2007, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by binnie
I am a master of disguise!

At the moment I look like a 25 years old white guy, 6 feet tall, 190 lbs.

Such is the power of Allah.....(joke)

You should try to make it over for a show!

Roy Munson
07-04-2007, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Hyman Roth
YOU'RE a douche.

So what. You're a fucking CUNT. Douche cleans stinky, rotten cunts all day long.

Hyman Roth
07-04-2007, 01:27 PM
And you are a faggot - so I guess you have no use for douche.

Redballjets88
07-04-2007, 01:37 PM
all this talk is fuckin exciting, but i just wanna make sure that everyone on the site has a peice of plywood around so they can knock on it every 5 or 6 minutes. Its sad that being as CVH is like that, im almost afriad to believe any good news

redblkwht
07-04-2007, 01:45 PM
When i see Ticketmaster up with the dates then i'll get wild..

I hope this tour is finally fucking on! :rockit2::cool:

Terry
07-04-2007, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by eddie78
They're coming!
Your fucking lame!
Long live Dave & Ed!

Funny -

Seem to recall your first posts and threads here consisted of you jacking off all over yourself at how great Eddie was and is, and how Roth basically sucked all along and wouldn't have been anything without Ed.

Guess you've figured out how to talk the talk in order to go along to get along after you got a swift kick in the cunt follwing your link-inspired babble.

Sweet! There's hope for you yet:rolleyes:

Useless pud-puller.

Hyman Roth
07-04-2007, 02:15 PM
HAHA!

http://a.photos.cx/ownedcolinpowel-365.jpg

Coyote
07-04-2007, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Redballjets88
all this talk is fuckin exciting, but i just wanna make sure that everyone on the site has a peice of plywood around so they can knock on it every 5 or 6 minutes.

Is it OK if knock on my head? The density's the same...

LstLkly2Succeed
07-04-2007, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by redblkwht
When i see Ticketmaster up with the dates then i'll get wild..

I hope this tour is finally fucking on! :rockit2::cool:

Oh man, when I see the tickets go on sale I'm going insane!! (Well, directly after buying them of course!) This tour would be the best thing that's happened all year!

redblkwht
07-04-2007, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by LstLkly2Succeed
Oh man, when I see the tickets go on sale I'm going insane!! (Well, directly after buying them of course!) This tour would be the best thing that's happened all year! No DUDE, BEST OF All of 2+ Decades..;):killer: :rockit2: :rockit: :rockit2: :killer:

LstLkly2Succeed
07-05-2007, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by redblkwht
No DUDE, BEST OF All of 2+ Decades..;):killer: :rockit2: :rockit: :rockit2: :killer:

Hahaha, good point!

TongueNGroove
07-05-2007, 02:25 AM

That is exactly what I thought would and should happen as well. Al the stars line up for a winter album release and Summer/30th Aniversery tour. That would make the most sense from a selling stand point and for the fans to enjoy (Summer concerts are always waay more fun than winter ones).

But we all know EVH doesn't have a clue about marketing to the fans.

ULTRAMAN VH
07-05-2007, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by TongueNGroove
That is exactly what I thought would and should happen as well. Al the stars line up for a winter album release and Summer/30th Aniversery tour. That would make the most sense from a selling stand point and for the fans to enjoy (Summer concerts are always waay more fun than winter ones).

Yes, Van Halen is the absolute worst band, when it comes to marketing and promoting events correctly. Ed and Al should just stick with making the music and let The Diamond One handle the PR.

binnie
07-05-2007, 12:26 PM
Ed and Al should just stick with making the music and let The Diamond One handle the PR.

Yup, that would be ideal.

Never gonna happen because of all the ego-go-go, but dave should definately be the mouthpiece

DLRdelight!
07-06-2007, 01:50 AM
all these maybes man

Little Lamont
07-06-2007, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by TongueNGroove

Right on, man. That's why he's charging $25,000 for a damn guitar that cost a few hundred to build.

Shit, what's he gonna charge for tickets?

07-06-2007, 06:03 PM
Does Dave live with his sister, as their saying on the rolling stone link forum?

Pasadena Bunnie
07-06-2007, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by 113
Does Dave live with his sister, as their saying on the rolling stone link forum?

NOPE! I made a comment on Rolling Stone forum about that. He has a home in both Pasadena and lives in an apartment in NYC - he stays at both places throughout the year and the truth of the matter is:

On the premises of his Pasadena mansion, is an apartment building above his multi-car garage separate from his mansion. He has a caretaker that lives there, but Dave is NOT living with his sister. ;)