• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MAX
    Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Hope springs eternal

I just wanna make a retort to all of the naysayers regarding this whole thing...

Y'all know to whom I'm referring.

I don't know where ANYONE who's stoked about this tour is in anyway, shape or form calling it 1981 revisited. Yes, it's a reunion, greatest hits and nostalgia tour. Honestly, I don't give a fuck what it is. I'm just stoked (as are many) to see Van Halen play live again. So, save the fucking "They won't be playing anything new" routine and fuck you people. You're fucking hypocrites cos y'all went and witnessed that 2004 horseshit and for what (be honest) the three new tracks off the second greatest hits album? BULL-FUCKING-SHIT!!! Y'all went to see Van Hagar, plain and simple. Now we're doing the same with Dave and you're all cryin' in your cheerios and using "Mikey" as an excuse... Spare us all...

As for the same folk bellyaching that we're expecting the band to be the same as twenty plus years ago, are you off your rocker? I've listened to the new cuts of the old classics and am stoked to get the goosebumps having Dave and Eddie perform them live.

This thing's going to be FUN!!! END OF STORY!!!

I don't think I even need to go down the Michael Anthony/Wolfgang road cos it is what it is and that's been stated over and over.

My point? I'm stoked that they're actually going to do this. I know, I know and I know... We'll all believe it when we actually see it...

However, this is and can be closure for a lot of us who've been waiting for some 20 odd years, capiche?

After the tour, then we can start hoping for a new album cos we're all hopeless addicts. lol Otherwise, not a one of us would've continued posting regarding the band for this many years.

Have at it but I'm stoked, will catch as many shows as possible and will party with friends whilst doing it.
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!
  • MERRYKISSMASS2U
    Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

I hate to ask, but, are you stoked?

Comment

• MAX
      Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

I don't get your point? :confused:

So it's an article?

I forgot to mention this in my initial post...

For those crying about giving the kid props without hearing a note of his bassplaying, I do (of course) already have an opinion...

Anthony's basswork is not complexed. I've said it time and time again and it's not an insult cos his fills and lines fit in perfectly with VH.

Secondly and by all accounts, that's friggin' Wolfgang on the evhgear site, no? Well, he's not missing a beat peeps.

As for the backing vox, that's yet to be determined. Regardless, we're all going to live just fine when they shred through the classics without MA, trust me.
      EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• MAX
        Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

I have one more fucked up analogy but I'm going to hit the ground runnin' with it...

K, imagine, let's say a restaurant from 20 plus years ago, are you with me so far?

This place served the BEST fucking meal you ever had. You had fresh bread and butter, a cool salad with the BEST steak and potatoes you've ever tasted in your life...

Well, the restaurant replaced the prime steak with a greasy, fatty, cheesy and inferior slab of whatever for the main course. A shitload of us said, fuck it and stopped going to said restaurant whilst others not only stayed but the patrons changed and a new clientele came in and just loved the new slop. It did however thrive for a few years cos it was cheap. Fortunately and for our story, the health department shut down this new shithole for numerous reasons. lol

Now, let's fast forward to said present. Word is out that this place is going to reopen and you can have your favorite meal yet again. Cos the steak is back on the menu!!! However, they've decided to replace the bread and butter with something else, like baby rolls? You haven't tried them as of yet but considering the steak, tatoes and salad, it's going to work just fine.

You'll still get the same epic steak, stellar potatoes, cool salad but no bread. Are you gonna say fuck it and not go enjoy the dinner?

I didn't think so...

BTW and for any of those who loved said bread so much, don't shed a tear cos there's another shack that serves that bread and sandwiched inbetween it is that sloppy, greasy, cheesy, shitty and second rate replacement plate that used to be served in our favorite restaurant for so many years. Hence, it's still available but not in our place. Word is, they also serve tequila and hot sauce to go along with that greaseball cheese sandwich. Again, if you miss that bread so much over the rest of the meal, don't let the door hit you in the ass!!!
        Last edited by MAX; 07-05-2007, 03:45 AM.
        EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• binnie
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • May 2006

It's a case of being optimistic, without getting your hopes up too high.

We got burned again this summer, and I don't want it to happen again.

It seems something is going down and that's great, but everytime I start to get really hyped up, I always try and check it with the knowledge that it could all go belly up in a second.
          The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Panamark
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

Ya know what, I think we should support the Halens and Roth.

Who knows, with this band Mike may appear halfway through
            this whole thing yet !

Almost everything we could (and couldnt imagine) has happened
            with this band. Its almost to the point of expect the unexpected.

Im down for Ed Jnr and the original Van Halen, with a bit of
            hope that MA will be there eventually too...

I never thought I would see Dave tour with Sam, or Dave back
            with Eddie.. Both these things have happened.
            Its not inconceivable that MA returns at some point again.

But lets get behind the core, 9/10 tenths of Van Halen
            (with a new halen added) is infinately better than what
            we have had on offer since the 80's.....
            BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
            Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• diamondsgirl
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by MAX
              let's say a restaurant from 20 plus years ago, are you with me so far?

This place served the BEST fucking meal you ever had. You had fresh bread and butter, a cool salad with the BEST steak and potatoes you've ever tasted in your life...

Well, the restaurant replaced the prime steak with a greasy, fatty, cheesy and inferior slab of whatever for the main course. A shitload of us said, fuck it and stopped going to said restaurant whilst others not only stayed but the patrons changed and a new clientele came in and just loved the new slop. It did however thrive for a few years cos it was cheap. Fortunately and for our story, the health department shut down this new shithole for numerous reasons. lol

Now, let's fast forward to said present. Word is out that this place is going to reopen and you can have your favorite meal yet again. Cos the steak is back on the menu!!! However, they've decided to replace the bread and butter with something else, like baby rolls? You haven't tried them as of yet but considering the steak, tatoes and salad, it's going to work just fine.

that is an awesome analogy Max

Dave is prime steak while Hagar is a greasy fatty slab of whatever...lol

and MA was just the extra carbs...lol

I'm hungry....

“Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• bantonelli
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Nov 2004

MAX & DG - My thoughts exactly. Beautiful analogy........
                "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

• ALinChainz
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

I for one did not see that tour in 2004, I refused.

I saw Van Hagar at Monsters of Rock in 1988.

But it was for the other bands.

Comment

• Plexi Head
                    Head Fluffer
                    • May 2005

Originally posted by MERRYKISSMASS2U
                    I hate to ask, but, are you stoked?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070703/en_nm/vanhalen_dc_1
                    I for one am stoked that Max is stoked.
                    "One mouthful of you will rot every tooth in my mouth you little sugar"

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                      ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by ALinChainz
                      I for one did not see that tour in 2004, I refused.

I saw Van Hagar at Monsters of Rock in 1988.

But it was for the other bands.

I saw that as well. It was a very good show.

Van Hagar sounded good, all things considered. From what I have seen from video, things went downhill in a hurry after this tour.

I was on the floor for the whole show and I remember that Don Dokken sounded outstanding, which surprised me. Metallica was great.

Max...stop making me hungry! I will see this show, because I have faith in Dave that this will be a credible version of Van Halen.

I plan on seeing at least 3 shows.
                      sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• ALinChainz
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

I remember it was the first time I had seen the Scorpions and Kingdome Come.

Good thing I was just buzzed up enough to not heave when they did the 5150 walk.

I have always hated that shit.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

The bottom line is that the whole fucking lot are assholes...

They aren't getting another fucking cent of my money.

It has nothing to do with how good they were compared to now.

It has nothing to do with ANYTHING...

other than the fact that if anyone else acted the way these fucking jizzbags act...

I'd have kicked the shit out of them...and kicked their scrawny ass, whining whore-mouths out of dodge a long fucking time ago.

If you wanna have fun...go get laid...and put in a CD...
                          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• eddie78
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Nov 2004

I'm with Max on this, man.
                            Michael Anthony was not Jaco Pastorius....
                            I think Wolfgang can ride his low E string without much difficulty, and the kid's voice is probably better equipped than Mike's is today.
                            I'm looking forward to seeing this 2007 run in Boston & NY.
                            I'm fucking going because the creative core of classic VH will be right up there, man.
                            Ed & Dave.

Comment

• lonnieg5
                              Roadie
                              • Jul 2005

Okay, since we've decided that Michael Anthony is irrelevant, do we light the torch when the tour starts?

Comment

Working...