PDA

View Full Version : David Lee Roth - Live Video - Detroit, MI 9-26-86

DaveTheSoulOfVH
07-05-2007, 05:34 AM
HIGH ENERGY, HUGE SOUND, STRONG BACKING VOCALS...AND AMAZING LINEUP !!!!!!!!!!!!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7Owd_RkD2j0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7Owd_RkD2j0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/taHuGEJFaoQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/taHuGEJFaoQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

delta5150
07-05-2007, 06:03 AM
Very cool band indeed, but no one plays VH stuff better than the original members. Vai doesn't play the intro on "Everyone want some" like Eddie did

delta5150
07-05-2007, 06:07 AM
By the way can someone tell how to put my photo in my profile, I've got a couple on my hardrive, but I don't know where to go from there and get it posted up under my login name

Many thanks

DaveTheSoulOfVH
07-05-2007, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by delta5150
no one plays VH stuff better than the original members.

eres un purista o que amigo ?!?? :D

para la foto, tienes que ir a tu pagina de perfil --> "Administrative Options: User Options" ---> "User Control Panel"-->"Edit Profile"

good luck ;)

GO-SPURS-GO
07-06-2007, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by DaveTheSoulOfVH
HIGH ENERGY, HUGE SOUND, STRONG BACKING VOCALS...AND AMAZING LINEUP !!!!!!!!!!!!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7Owd_RkD2j0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7Owd_RkD2j0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/taHuGEJFaoQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/taHuGEJFaoQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Absolutely, positively, kicked major ass...... Right now, i'd rather see this band reunite, than CVH. That's how sick I am of Eddie. I've never seen this before. Can I get this concert on DVD? Fair Warning and the Eat Em' and Smile tour, are my favorite tours.:baaa:

GO-SPURS-GO
07-06-2007, 03:58 AM
Very cool band indeed, but no one plays VH stuff better than the original members.

That might be true, but Steve plays CVH songs very well. In my opinion, Eddie would butcher Steve's songs like, For The Love Of God, The Boy From Seatlle, The Audience Is Listening or Juice, to name a few. Eat Em' and Smile, was waaaay ahead of it's time. And that album is the most under-rated album of all time.:confused:

thome
07-06-2007, 10:06 AM
Dave is the only MF who can wear -last nights chicks- jazzersize outfits and you still don't question his sexuality .Rite on Dave.

Via is a million dollar Sum bit too.

This band was the sh!t.

This show would be killer on Pro Shot..

I miss the -Big Rock- sound..Hopefully VH with Dave 2007 will throw some -Huge-osity- in the mix!

Bigger is better, the tighter the sweater, Boost It UP!!!

Roth On Muthas!:eek:

delta5150
07-06-2007, 10:19 AM
For me Vai overdoes it with the showmanship, with orgasmic expressions, when he plays a solo it looks like he's gonna cum, or some has poured hot coffee down his pants

delta5150
07-06-2007, 10:21 AM
Thanks DavethesoulfofVH, the thing is you need to put a web address, my photo isn't on the web

lafours
07-06-2007, 01:12 PM
Could you imagine if these guys played a show with Van Haygar?....this band completely obliterated the 5150 garbage...on top of there game...

I saw this same tour shortly after this show in Saginaw MI... still the best rock show I have ever been too! Dave was still riding high in VH mode and basically rebuilt his own version...and had the same crew, set design etc.

So bummed that Dave's ego basically crumbled this band! They would have been good for 2-3 more "big Rock" style discs!

Dave gave the CVH fans exactly what Van Hagar couldnt give them with the Eat Em' and Smile album and tour...

SkyScraper was Dave trying to be the solo "artist"

PlexiBrown
07-06-2007, 01:35 PM
For me Vai overdoes it with the showmanship, with orgasmic expressions, when he plays a solo it looks like he's gonna cum, or some has poured hot coffee down his pants

Yeah , all of his posing and forced facial expressions are pretty irritating. He is a great player but his style is annoying as hell to me.

jharp84
07-11-2007, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
Absolutely, positively, kicked major ass...... Right now, i'd rather see this band reunite, than CVH. That's how sick I am of Eddie. I've never seen this before. Can I get this concert on DVD? Fair Warning and the Eat Em' and Smile tour, are my favorite tours.:baaa:

I have the full show! Also have a full fair warning show from memphis 1981! Can trade!

diamondsgirl
07-12-2007, 12:12 AM
Nothing like Dave's Bump and Grind. :cool:

thanks for the clip

diamondsgirl
07-12-2007, 12:24 AM
never has any man looked THAT good in spandex!!!

holy canoli!! :cool:

DLRdelight!
07-12-2007, 01:50 AM
great clips indeed

GO-SPURS-GO
07-12-2007, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by jharp84
I have the full show! Also have a full fair warning show from memphis 1981! Can trade!

Is the sound/video quality any good from that Fair Warning show?
That Skyscraper footage was awesome! The only thing missing from that footage was Billy Sheehan.

GO-SPURS-GO
07-12-2007, 04:24 PM
Oops, that is Billy. Why was I thinking that was the Skyscraper tour?:o
That makes me want that concert even more.

KING OF THE HIL
07-12-2007, 11:50 PM
great line up wish it lasted longer

jharp84
07-14-2007, 01:28 PM
Is the sound/video quality any good from that Fair Warning show?
That Skyscraper footage was awesome! The only thing missing from that footage was Billy Sheehan.

Sound- ok, video a grade down! BUT WHO HAS A FULL FAIR WARNING TOUR! It is watchable!!

GO-SPURS-GO
07-14-2007, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by jharp84
I have the full show! Also have a full fair warning show from memphis 1981! Can trade! Sound- ok, video a grade down! BUT WHO HAS A FULL FAIR WARNING TOUR! It is watchable!!

I don't have any videos of value. But i'm willing to trade my wife for those DLR/CVH vids! A man has to do, what a man has to do, to get his Van Halen fix. In all seriousness.... I'd be willing to pay you cash for the Eat Em' And Smile/Fair Warning show. I think it's against the law to send money thru the mail, but no one will never know. I'll PM you with my idea.;)

jharp84
07-14-2007, 02:45 PM
I don't have any videos of value. But i'm willing to trade my wife for those DLR/CVH vids! A man has to do, what a man has to do, to get his Van Halen fix. In all seriousness.... I'd be willing to pay you cash for the Eat Em' And Smile/Fair Warning show. I think it's against the law to send money thru the mail, but no one will never know. I'll PM you with my idea.;)

LMFAO!!!:D Well talk! PM me!! I like to "share the wealth" life is short and stressed! ROCK ON!! JUICE

Terry
07-15-2007, 01:37 PM

Always had that annoying trait, even as far back as the Zappa days.

Most of the solos on the EEAS tunes were just wankery. It's as if he figured that since he was playing with Roth he should just go as over-the-top as possible at nearly every given opprtunity. Only solos off that album that even resonate these days are I'm Easy, Ladies' Night In Buffalo? and Goin' Crazy!

More so than the excessive showmanship and the wanking solos is the fact that Vai still has as yet to actually come up with a memorable SONG on his own. The cases in which he actually did were when he had someone alongside him like Zappa or Roth to inject their personalities into it. Yankee Rose, Ladies' Night In Buffalo?, Goin' Crazy! and Damn Good represent the cream of the crop in terms of what Vai did with Dave and got songwriting credit for. Lot of the other tunes were great exercises in rock guitar playing, but weren't necessarily great tunes.

jharp84
07-15-2007, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Terry
Always had that annoying trait, even as far back as the Zappa days.

Most of the solos on the EEAS tunes were just wankery. It's as if he figured that since he was playing with Roth he should just go as over-the-top as possible at nearly every given opprtunity. Only solos off that album that even resonate these days are I'm Easy, Ladies' Night In Buffalo? and Goin' Crazy!

More so than the excessive showmanship and the wanking solos is the fact that Vai still has as yet to actually come up with a memorable SONG on his own. The cases in which he actually did were when he had someone alongside him like Zappa or Roth to inject their personalities into it. Yankee Rose, Ladies' Night In Buffalo?, Goin' Crazy! and Damn Good represent the cream of the crop in terms of what Vai did with Dave and got songwriting credit for. Lot of the other tunes were great exercises in rock guitar playing, but weren't necessarily great tunes.

AMEN! Could not agree more! RIP! Steve Vai!!!

GO-SPURS-GO
07-16-2007, 03:59 AM
[B
and the wanking solos is the fact that Vai still has as yet to actually come up with a memorable SONG on his own. . [/B]

Are you serious.... If you are talking about radio play, then that's cool. Steve has said himself that he doesn't write songs to be played on the radio. If you don't think Sisters, Blue Powder, Call it Sleep, The Boy From Seattle or Juice is memorable, then I would have to question your ear for music. I can understand why anyone who doesn't play music, thinks he's not very good. But if you play guitar and don't like him, then I would love to hear what you have to offer. :cool:

philouze
07-16-2007, 06:11 AM
Vai's been my favorite guitar player since 86. Creative, funny, emotional.. I love his music, his play and his fuckin sense of humor. And, blimey, with Dave, he just blew all them guitarists away.

Plexi Head
07-16-2007, 09:04 AM
Vai doesn't play the intro on "Everyone want some" like Eddie did

Never heard of that tune before, how does it go?

Terry
07-16-2007, 11:04 PM
Are you serious.... If you are talking about radio play, then that's cool. Steve has said himself that he doesn't write songs to be played on the radio. If you don't think Sisters, Blue Powder, Call it Sleep, The Boy From Seattle or Juice is memorable, then I would have to question your ear for music. I can understand why anyone who doesn't play music, thinks he's not very good. But if you play guitar and don't like him, then I would love to hear what you have to offer. :cool:

Vai's a fine technician. Just not much to brag about in the songwriting department. The fact that I haven't come up with any great songs myself doesn't in turn make Vai's material any stronger than it is to my ears. If you like his tunes, than to you that's all that counts anyway. Think it's less questioning my ear for music as opposed to the differences in our tastes. God bless.

GO-SPURS-GO
07-17-2007, 02:40 AM
Vai's a fine technician. Just not much to brag about in the songwriting department.
GO-SPURS-GO: I'll live with that response.

The fact that I haven't come up with any great songs myself doesn't in turn make Vai's material any stronger than it is to my ears.
GO-SPURS-GO: I thought your "excessive showmanship and the wanking solos" quote, was a little harse, that's all. I still would love to hear your playing.

If you like his tunes, than to you that's all that counts anyway.
GO-SPURS-GO: Very true!

Think it's less questioning my ear for music as opposed to the differences in our tastes. God bless.
GO-SPURS-GO: You're right. I can't stand the Beatles, but millions of other people love them. So someone could question my ear, for not liking them.

Seshmeister
07-17-2007, 10:23 AM
I hate the keyboards they added to CVH songs.

It's stupid and wrong.

GO-SPURS-GO
07-17-2007, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
I hate the keyboards they added to CVH songs.

It's stupid and wrong.

That was a BIG mistake. In my opinion, that was the main reason CVH is no longer. Dave believed people wanted to hear Ed play his guitar instead of his keyboards. But Ed wanted to follow the trend of the 80's,
and then Dave made that same mistake a couple of years later, with Sckscraper. Don't get me wrong, I love Skyscraper but for some reason, most of the people didn't.:confused:

marchin2mars
07-28-2007, 04:08 PM
WOW...Its hard to believe its been 21 years since Dave had any relevance what so ever

Dan
07-28-2007, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by marchin2mars
WOW...Its hard to believe its been 21 days since I have had any Cock.

Is your BoyFriend on Holiday?