PDA

View Full Version : AOL Jumping on the Van Halen Reunion Bandwagon

POJO_Risin
07-05-2007, 11:59 AM
http://news.aol.com/entertainment/music/story/_a/reunited-van-halen-eyeing-fall-tour/20070704074509990001

Reunited Van Halen Eyeing Fall Tour
By Ray Waddell,Reuters
Posted: 2007-07-04 10:05:11
Filed Under: Celebrity Rehab, Music
NASHVILLE (July 4) - A proposed summer amphitheater tour by a reunited Van Halen that was derailed when guitarist Eddie Van Halen checked into rehab now could be resurrected as a fall arena run. Several arena holds are in place in major markets for potential Van Halen dates, Billboard.com has learned.

The tour would feature original singer David Lee Roth, Eddie and Alex Van Halen and Eddie Van Halen's teenage son Wolfgang on bass.

Wheels had been in motion for a 40-date amphitheater tour, with Roth back in the fold for the first time in more than 20 years. Van Halen last toured in 2004 with vocalist Sammy Hagar, grossing nearly $40 million, according to Billboard Boxscore.

But the reunion never got off the ground, and Eddie Van Halen entered a rehabilitation facility for undisclosed reasons in March. In the months since, the artist has been seen publicly looking healthy and fit.

POJO_Risin
07-05-2007, 12:01 PM
Wow...I'm so excited this is going to happen...

it's unbelievable news...

I can't believe it's finally going to...

who gives a fuck

Hardrock69
07-05-2007, 01:26 PM
I still will only believe it once the tour has started, and they have actually played some shows.

Vinnie Velvet
07-05-2007, 04:39 PM
Do you believe? Me Wise Magic.

vh rides again
07-05-2007, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
Wow...I'm so excited this is going to happen...

it's unbelievable news...

I can't believe it's finally going to...

who gives a fuck

ill bet youll be there sloppy drunk as hell, having a great time.

VanHalener
07-05-2007, 07:36 PM
:rockit2: Fingers crossed :rockit2:

chi-town324
07-05-2007, 07:52 PM
ummmm..where have we heard this before??

PlexiBrown
07-05-2007, 08:03 PM
who gives a fuck

The people who will be at the shows.

eddie78
07-05-2007, 08:34 PM
The same folks that have no problem with seeing Dave at Ribfest, but wont attend this show would like you to believe it's because of the absence of Mike Anthony.
The truth is that they despise Edward Van Halen: Composer & guitarist of their fave band.

Viking
07-05-2007, 08:58 PM
Hey, POJO is right. In the last 11 years, we've gotten exactly two new tunes, one joint MTV appearance, and a postage stamp-sized publiciy photo of a bored-looking band with Pugsley Van Halen in it. My ex-wife has teased my dick more often, and I haven't spoken to her in five years. When these guys are on the same stage together, I'll believe that Rumor #2,478 was more than just the usual handjob. No, strike that - if they make it through a tour together, then I'll believe it's a reunion.

PlexiBrown
07-05-2007, 09:04 PM
Since 1984, has Van Halen been a band who wasted lots of years, turned into a cheese band with Sammy with a guitar player who is mostly a drunk dick? Absolutely!

However, was Van Halen a band that once was the source of much enjoyment for us with the best front man of all time and a guitarist who changed EVERYTHING and influenced so many guitarists? Absolutely!

If this tour happens, even without Mike, I will be there to witness some of the greatest rock songs of all time sung by the guy who wrote them and originally sung them and played by the guitarist who wrote the music and redefined the instrument. Of course it won't be the same as 1981. Anybody who thinks it will be is nuts but it could be the last time to see Dave up there again with Ed and Al and it will sure bring back some great memories for those of us who were lucky enough to witness VH from 1978 to 1984. Here is another plus....NO VAN HAGAR SONGS!

rustoffa
07-05-2007, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Viking
No, strike that - if they make it through a tour together, then I'll believe it's a reunion.

Before Ed went into britesmile rehab, when the initial deal was announced? A friend commented that motherfuckers' should ante up for the opening Vegas gig, as the "Tour" would probably disintegrate.

Fuck, I wonder if they'll still kick things off in Vegas??:confused:

One thing's for shore.....it'd be really cuntvenient if they kicked whatever off here in Atlanta!!

Me:"Wow! I'm glad they kicked the fucking shit off here....FREE TICKETS RULE!!!"
:D

Jimmy Jingles
07-05-2007, 10:29 PM
Still waiting on The Fag to show up now that it's been a few days and give us that "Groundbreaking" scoop!

madraoul
07-05-2007, 11:31 PM
Mmm...the tour will start the exact time The Police leave for Europe. I have a funny feeling the delay has less to do with Ed's rehab than the competition out there. Saw The Police the other night. Fuckin' incredible. VH better have their game face on.

eddie78
07-06-2007, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by PlexiBrown
Since 1984, has Van Halen been a band who wasted lots of years, turned into a cheese band with Sammy with a guitar player who is mostly a drunk dick? Absolutely!

However, was Van Halen a band that once was the source of much enjoyment for us with the best front man of all time and a guitarist who changed EVERYTHING and influenced so many guitarists? Absolutely!

If this tour happens, even without Mike, I will be there to witness some of the greatest rock songs of all time sung by the guy who wrote them and originally sung them and played by the guitarist who wrote the music and redefined the instrument. Of course it won't be the same as 1981. Anybody who thinks it will be is nuts but it could be the last time to see Dave up there again with Ed and Al and it will sure bring back some great memories for those of us who were lucky enough to witness VH from 1978 to 1984. Here is another plus....NO VAN HAGAR SONGS!

Wouldn't it be funny if Dave gets into the encores & says, "My friends, we're gonna stretch way back in time & do a little something off our 5150 album........this one's called 'Dreams'...."

DLRdelight!
07-06-2007, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
I still will only believe it once the tour has started, and they have actually played some shows.

same here

PlexiBrown
07-06-2007, 02:29 AM
Wouldn't it be funny if Dave gets into the encores & says, "My friends, we're gonna stretch way back in time & do a little something off our 5150 album........this one's called 'Dreams'...."

....and then he takes a dump on a Happy Meal.

Redballjets88
07-06-2007, 02:33 AM
if they forced him to sing a hagar song he would find a way to ruin it, probably by putting a poodle wig on and a red jumpsuit

Wawazat
07-06-2007, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by eddie78
Wouldn't it be funny if Ed gets into the solo section & says, "My friends, i'm gonna play extracts from my 10 albums i was talking about for years....this one's called 'Eruption'...."

Good one.

fwacf
07-06-2007, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Redballjets88
if they forced him to sing a hagar song he would find a way to ruin it, probably by putting a poodle wig on and a red jumpsuit
LMFAO!

VanHalener
07-06-2007, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Redballjets88

Trust me...There will not be a single Hagar era song played when Van Halen hits the stage with the real lead singer

DAVID LEE ROTH

hideyoursheep
07-06-2007, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by madraoul
Mmm...the tour will start the exact time The Police leave for Europe. I have a funny feeling the delay has less to do with Ed's rehab than the competition out there. Saw The Police the other night. Fuckin' incredible. VH better have their game face on.

Dave is their "gameface".

You saw the Police?

I don't tell you my problems, do I?

Even in both of their heydays, that's a no-brainer.

"Let's see...which one do I prefer?"
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_UlSK4WVZ9A"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_UlSK4WVZ9A" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>:ky: :uck: :blow:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fuoflXaNsJs"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fuoflXaNsJs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

"Gimmie 4 tickets and 2 T-shirts to the ROCK SHOW!":rockit2: :rockit2: :rockit2: :rockit2:

Back then, I never met a VH fan that liked the Poolice.
What happened? Did you change?:confused:

Figs
07-06-2007, 02:17 PM
CUNTASTIC! THIS IS REALLY IT!!

This is great news I'm so glad that finally we will all be able to....blah blah blah blah

Anonymous
07-07-2007, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by PlexiBrown
The people who will be at the shows.

What shows?

Cheers! :bottle:

Anonymous
07-07-2007, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Figs
CUNTASTIC! THIS IS REALLY IT!!

This is great news I'm so glad that finally we will all be able to....blah blah blah blah

Exactly, exactly.

Cheers! :bottle:

Dave's PA Rental
07-07-2007, 03:28 PM
Everything in this thread has been said before. Except the Police comment.

Meh.

chi-town324
07-07-2007, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Viking
Hey, POJO is right. In the last 11 years, we've gotten exactly two new tunes, one joint MTV appearance, and a postage stamp-sized publiciy photo of a bored-looking band with Pugsley Van Halen in it. My ex-wife has teased my dick more often, and I haven't spoken to her in five years. When these guys are on the same stage together, I'll believe that Rumor #2,478 was more than just the usual handjob. No, strike that - if they make it through a tour together, then I'll believe it's a reunion. make that the last 23 years Viking

letsrock
07-07-2007, 04:49 PM
This is stupid.

hideyoursheep
07-07-2007, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by letsrock
This is stupid.

..But you can't stop, can you? :p

POJO_Risin
07-08-2007, 04:40 AM
Originally posted by vh rides again
ill bet youll be there sloppy drunk as hell, having a great time.

Trust me...I won't...

ThrillsNSpills
07-08-2007, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
Trust me...I won't...

What about a new album down the road?

Would you stay away from that?

Would you keep drivin' or run if off the road so to speak? :)