PDA

View Full Version : Haha Member of Rev. Phelps Church Of Satan Arrested

Hardrock69
07-06-2007, 11:07 AM
Phelps-Roper charged after son stands on flag
Associated Press

OMAHA - A Kansas woman whose church protests at military funerals across the nation was charged Thursday with four misdemeanors after her son stomped on a U.S. flag during a demonstration in Bellevue, Neb.

Shirley Phelps-Roper, 49, of Topeka, was charged with negligent child abuse, contributing to the delinquency of a minor, flag mutilation and disturbing the peace.

"I have not failed to do my duty to my children, to my God or to my fellow countrymen, and I take my job dead serious," Phelps-Roper said Thursday, vowing to aggressively fight the charges.

The charges were filed in Sarpy County Court by County Attorney Lee Polikov. A message left Thursday afternoon for Polikov was not immediately returned.

Phelps-Roper said Polikov "has pointed the big guns of government at my liberty and at my children."

The American Civil Liberties Union will likely represent Phelps-Roper, and was waiting for official approval from its board, said Laurel Marsh, executive director of ACLU Nebraska.

Phelps-Roper acknowledged that she allowed her 10-year-old son, Jonah, to stand on the flag. She said the act qualifies as freedom of expression, and she promises to challenge the constitutionality of the flag-mutilation charge. She noted that the U.S. Supreme Court has struck down laws forbidding flag desecration.

According to Nebraska's flag law, "A person commits the offense of mutilating a flag if such person intentionally casts contempt or ridicule upon a flag by mutilating, defacing, defiling, burning, or trampling upon such flag."

Phelps-Roper is a member of the Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka and the daughter of the church's founder, the Rev. Fred Phelps.

Phelps-Roper said church members have protested at hundreds of military funerals. Westboro's message during funeral protests is that soldiers' deaths are God's punishment for the nation accepting homosexuals.

The Bellevue funeral was for Nebraska Army National Guard Spc. William "Bill" Bailey, who was killed May 25 when an explosive device struck his vehicle in Iraq.

http://www.kansas.com/213/story/115524.html

Stupid fucking cocksuckers....
:rolleyes:

bastardog
07-06-2007, 11:49 AM
What's the thing of protesting on someones funeral?
come on, leave the family alone. At least give some respect to the family of the soldier.

Steve Savicki
07-06-2007, 01:10 PM
She can do her office work in a jail cell... if she's that serious.

FORD
07-06-2007, 02:12 PM
Shirley's even crazier than her dad - if that's possible. They made a big PR mistake making her the TV spokes-hater for the cult.

BITEYOASS
07-06-2007, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Shirley's even crazier than her dad - if that's possible. They made a big PR mistake making her the TV spokes-hater for the cult.

Besides, isn't the role of women in that church to cook, clean and pop out kids once a year.

Steve Savicki
07-06-2007, 03:19 PM
I don't think I'd eat any of her cooking.

Nitro Express
07-06-2007, 06:13 PM
What goes around comes around and the Karma is going to be a bitch on this one. The demise of the Westboro Baptist Church I predict will be gloriousely ugly as the payback comes in like a firehose.

Nitro Express
07-06-2007, 06:16 PM
Under the Patriot Act we can send the whole bunch to a secret prison without trial and torture them. The hate they show and their attitude towards our govt. certainly qualifies them as terrorist suspects.

studly hungwell
07-06-2007, 06:38 PM
All this bullshit is a game....a show...a fraud. If feelings of hate are true, then the individual will exhaust all resources to destroy or flee from the source of their aggravation. I think any sane person can agree with this analasis. Why choose to "hate" within it? Exploring these questions is very interseting.....for you deep thinkers out there.

BITEYOASS
07-06-2007, 11:23 PM
Of course ole fred was on a whiskey and amphetimine binge back in the 60's and I wouldn't be surprised if any of those chemical imbalances rubbed off on his kids' chromosomes.

Nickdfresh
07-07-2007, 12:40 AM
I wonder if he'll learn all about gays in jail?

matt19
07-07-2007, 03:49 AM
Good I'm tired of all these "god" fearing people disrespecting fallen solders. Total and utter bullshit.

BigBadBrian
07-07-2007, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by matt19
Good I'm tired of all these "god" fearing people disrespecting fallen solders. Total and utter bullshit.

matt, while I agree with the basic premise of your statement above, these Westboro people aren't a Christian Church and they certainly aren't God fearing.

DEMON CUNT
07-07-2007, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
these Westboro people aren't a Christian Church and they certainly aren't God fearing.

BigBland should know much about hate spewing fake Christians. He is our resident hate spewing fake Christian!

knuckleboner
07-07-2007, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by FORD

no they didn't. their whole goal is simiply to get publicity. any publicity. and the whackier the speaker, the more likely you are to get noticed.

as far as they're concerned, the only mistake they could make would be to stop doing stuff that pisses people off and therefore gets the media's attention.

ODShowtime
07-07-2007, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by knuckleboner
no they didn't. their whole goal is simiply to get publicity. any publicity. and the whackier the speaker, the more likely you are to get noticed.

as far as they're concerned, the only mistake they could make would be to stop doing stuff that pisses people off and therefore gets the media's attention.

pretty much like ann the man

matt19
07-07-2007, 12:49 PM
matt, while I agree with the basic premise of your statement above, these Westboro people aren't a Christian Church and they certainly aren't God fearing.

Well then maybe you and some of your "god fearing christians" should stand up for whats right and say something about these media craving cunts that are making a mockery of your religion. :mad:

Nickdfresh
07-07-2007, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by knuckleboner

I hope they all burn themselves alive in an ill timed standoff with the gov't...:)

matt19
07-07-2007, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
I hope they all burn themselves alive in an ill timed standoff with the gov't...:)

LMMFAO!

DEMON CUNT
07-07-2007, 02:51 PM
Well then maybe you and some of your "god fearing christians" should stand up for whats right and say something about these media craving cunts that are making a mockery of your religion.

Ha ha.

People like BBB just love to make suggestions like this to people who practice Islam while doing nothing to eradicate the extremists from their own religion. It is faith based hypocrisy in action.

BBB even shares Rev. Phelps' opinions on homosexuality.

BigBadBrian
07-07-2007, 06:04 PM
Well then maybe you and some of your "god fearing christians" should stand up for whats right and say something about these media craving cunts that are making a mockery of your religion. :mad:

Like kb said, they just exist to get publicitiy.

They are not a church... it's just a front.

I don't feel the need to "shut them up" because they don't speak for me or my faith.

matt19
07-07-2007, 07:00 PM
Like kb said, they just exist to get publicitiy.

They are not a church... it's just a front.

I don't feel the need to "shut them up" because they don't speak for me or my faith.

Yes they do. A lot of people including your "great enemy the muslims" see that and thats what they associate your faith with. People who watch T.V. associate that with YOUR faith. Now at least muslims are willing to defend theirs are you?

Nitro Express
07-07-2007, 07:11 PM
People who desicrate dead soldiers infront of their grieving relatives deserve to have meat hooks plunged into their body and then dragged behind a truck by them until there is nothing left but a streak of blood on the hiway.

DEMON CUNT
07-07-2007, 07:16 PM

Yet you spend a good portion of your time here attacking Rosie, Gore, et al. who also don't speak for you.

hideyoursheep
07-07-2007, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by DEMON CUNT
BigBland should know much about hate spewing fake Christians. He is our resident hate spewing fake Christian!

OWWWWW!!!!

:D

Perhaps the "First Fake Baptist Church" should get organized. It seems to be a majority among Christians.

hideyoursheep
07-07-2007, 07:30 PM
This brainwashed kid stands on a flag (because the parents are cowards) and it's a felony????

Was it still on the casket? How was a dead soldier desecrated?

Help me understand how this kid has done more damage to our national honor than the jerk-off who ordered him to Iraq?

Nickdfresh
07-07-2007, 08:47 PM
BTW. Phelps is only an extreme example of attitudes that many Christian Fundies already have. But keep slightly veiled:

http://www.godlessgeeks.com/LINKS/Falwell_Robertson.jpg

Partial transcript of comments from the
September 13, 2001 telecast of the 700 Club

JERRY FALWELL: And I agree totally with you that the Lord has protected us so wonderfully these 225 years. And since 1812, this is the first time that we've been attacked on our soil and by far the worst results. And I fear, as Donald Rumsfeld, the Secretary of Defense, said yesterday, that this is only the beginning. And with biological warfare available to these monsters -- the Husseins, the Bin Ladens, the Arafats -- what we saw on Tuesday, as terrible as it is, could be miniscule if, in fact -- if, in fact -- God continues to lift the curtain and allow the enemies of America to give us probably what we deserve.

PAT ROBERTSON: Jerry, that's my feeling. I think we've just seen the antechamber to terror. We haven't even begun to see what they can do to the major population.

JERRY FALWELL: The ACLU's got to take a lot of blame for this.

PAT ROBERTSON: Well yes.

JERRY FALWELL: And, I know that I'll hear from them for this. But, throwing God out successfully with the help of the federal court system, throwing God out of the public square, out of the schools. The abortionists have got to bear some burden for this because God will not be mocked. And when we destroy 40 million little innocent babies, we make God mad. I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People For the American Way -- all of them who have tried to secularize America -- I point the finger in their face and say "you helped this happen."

PAT ROBERTSON: Well, I totally concur, and the problem is we have adopted that agenda at the highest levels of our government. And so we're responsible as a free society for what the top people do. And, the top people, of course, is the court system..

JERRY FALWELL: Pat, did you notice yesterday the ACLU and all the Christ-haters, People For the American Way, NOW, etc. were totally disregarded by the Democrats and the Republicans in both houses of Congress as they went out on the steps and called out on to God in prayer and sang "God Bless America" and said "let the ACLU be hanged". In other words, when the nation is on its knees, the only normal and natural and spiritual thing to do is what we ought to be doing all the time - calling upon God. ~~~

PAT ROBERTSON: > Amen