PDA

View Full Version : Live Earth

tajmahal
07-07-2007, 09:23 AM
Live Earth. Save the Earth.

I watched Genesis open up the London show at 7:30am. Check out the link below for all the live show feeds. Very cool.

http://entimg.msn.com/i/ExperienceData/p1-7/en-us/x.htm?sh=LiveEarthLive&g=9f240073-cf25-4402-bbb0-bd77c597c4ab

thome
07-07-2007, 11:00 AM
Leonardo DiCaprio will introduce Al Gore from New York, which will be followed by Keith Urban and Alicia Keys who’ll perform a duet of 'Gimme Shelter'.

I would rather shave my dogs ass.twice

ODShowtime
07-07-2007, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by thome
Leonardo DiCaprio will introduce Al Gore from New York, which will be followed by Keith Urban and Alicia Keys who’ll perform a duet of 'Gimme Shelter'.

I would rather shave my dogs ass.twice

what a strange and bitter man you are

confirmed artists... let's see:

Dave Matthews Band
Korn
Ludacris
Roger Waters
The Police
Beastie Boys
Foo Fighters
Genesis
Metallica
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Rolling Stones cancelled (damn)
Spinal Tap
Chris Cornell
Snoop Dogg
Lenny Kravitz
Joss Stone
Nunatak

http://live-earth.awardspace.com/live-earth-artists

those were all the ones that I'd rate between a 6 and a 10. Of course there's lots of crap, but look at the names up there. But hey, if you'd rather shave the dog than rock out, have at it!

1. shave the dog

To masturbate; masturbation

Jim is always in his room looking at dirty magazines and shaving the dog
by Wayner Mar 31, 2005

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=shave+the+dog

tajmahal
07-07-2007, 01:18 PM
I actually the dig the new Madonna song Hey You she wrote for the show.

tajmahal
07-07-2007, 01:54 PM
For you Metallica fans they will be playing soon right after Keane at the UK concert.

thome
07-07-2007, 02:17 PM
Bla Bla Bla .

Save the goffers, any excuse to save the pocket book.

Strange, yes.

Bitter, yes.

Strange way to save the Bitter world, have a concert.

Where is U2, usually they headline these save the world shows.

I would rather see the Circle Jerks headlining the show with a closed captoin version of World Up My Ass.

CIRCLE JERKS LYRICS

"World Up My Ass"

I've got the world up my ass
and i'm gonna move fast
be the first
won't be the last
i've got the world up my ass

society is burning me up
take a bite, spit it out
take their rules
rip 'em up, tear them down

twisted mind, withered brain
you know I'm going insane
I just tell them to get back
when they tell me how to act
i've got the world up my ass

you know I've got the world up my ass.

Maybe Mad-dona will Finger Bang herself to the World.

In a Jane Fonda workout Suit..?Cool

Fight The Power!

Redballjets88
07-07-2007, 02:52 PM
wouldnt it be crazy if Van Halen just showed up there

Mr Badguy
07-07-2007, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Redballjets88
wouldnt it be crazy if Van Halen just showed up there

I don`t see any surprises.

Surely promotion would put bums on seats better than everyone tuning in on the off chance that someone will show up.

Hardrock69
07-08-2007, 04:14 AM
It was broadcast on Bravo Channel from 8 AM to 4 PM on DirecTV.

I Tivo'd it. Watched a little bit of it live after I woke up around noon. Some no-name idiot onstage at Giants Stadium yelling at the crowd about some shit.

I was thinking to myself this evening while out partying "Surely the concerts will last for a total of like 24 hours or something??? So why is it I can only find 8 fucking hours worth of programming?"

Fucking silly.

I hope I can find at least one or two things worthy of watching out of the 8 hours.

mako_kimura
07-08-2007, 08:49 AM
It was alright, but I shouldn't have watched it on Bravo. They kept going back to their braindead correspondents after like one song with the performers. Also, they must be biased because Duran Duran got the most airtime with them

chi-town324
07-08-2007, 08:52 AM
i watched a little...for the most part it sucked ass

Mr. Vengeance
07-08-2007, 10:45 AM
It seemed like they'd show one tune from a band and then bail and go to something else. Most abominable...The worst:

Genesis looked as if they had zero energy, which makes sense being first on that bill. How are they not headlining?

Lenny Kravitz looked fat and instead of rocking, played a lazy "Let Love Rule".

What the fuck was Roger Waters doing on stage, SMILING and DANCING with those kids singing "Another Brick in the Wall"??? I expect Roger Waters to be depressed and sullen!!!!

Who the FUCK thought it was a good idea to have Kanye Fucking West join The Police for "Message in a Bottle"???? (ahem, Sting) Bad enough we have John Mayer out there, but do I really need to hear Kanye going "Oh Yeaahhh" 50 times? Andy Summers and Stewart Copeland looked like they wanted to puke!

Utter bullshit!

Foo Fighters were great.

tajmahal
07-08-2007, 11:14 AM
The best way to watch Live Earth was the live feeds over the intenet. Wolfmother had a kick ass live set in Australia.

And call me a wuss but I actually enjoyed Sarah Brigthman which I think was in China.

Shakira was absolutely brutal in Hamburg. She had no voice at all, but she still shook this hips.

Shaun Ponsonby
07-08-2007, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by tajmahal
For you Metallica fans they will be playing soon right after Keane at the UK concert.

Shame the BBC didn't realise that.

Hardrock69
07-08-2007, 05:14 PM
Of course if I had broadband I would have ONLY watched the internet feeds.

But since I can't get broadband where I live, and I do have DirecTV, I have to go that route.

I am totally surprised they did not have PPV channels.

I was fully expecting that.

Like when Woodstock '94 happened, my cable company in another city had the PPV thang, so I had both my VCRs running nonstop for 3 days straight.

But then, that was a concert worth recording.

FORD
07-08-2007, 05:27 PM
I actually the dig the new Madonna song Hey You she wrote for the show.

You liked that song?

It was about as bad as McCartney's "Freedom", in my view. An obvious cash-in with lyrics that took about 5 minutes to write.

In fact the lyrics were almost Hagar-ish to some degree.

FORD
07-08-2007, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
It was broadcast on Bravo Channel from 8 AM to 4 PM on DirecTV.

I Tivo'd it. Watched a little bit of it live after I woke up around noon. Some no-name idiot onstage at Giants Stadium yelling at the crowd about some shit.

I was thinking to myself this evening while out partying "Surely the concerts will last for a total of like 24 hours or something??? So why is it I can only find 8 fucking hours worth of programming?"

Fucking silly.

I hope I can find at least one or two things worthy of watching out of the 8 hours.

Bravo's coverage was good, but not great. They repeated too much over the course of the day, when they could have been airing some other material. I didn't get to see Spinal Tap, or Cat Stevens, but I saw some stupid lip syncing twat who thinks the word "umbrella" has 5 syllables at least 4 times, and Duran Duran's lamest song "Notorious" at least 3 times.

If you're going to devote 18 hours of airtime to such an event, show everything you can possibly show. No repeats.

At least they didn't cut away from mid song to go to 10 minutes of commercials like they did at the Live 8 shows 2 years ago.

Absolute best performance of the show: Melissa Etheridge. I don't care if you're a fan of her music or not, she owned that fucking stage. More important, she OWNED the fucking BCE :cool:

tajmahal
07-08-2007, 05:39 PM
The Madonna song was not great, but Al Gore asked Madonna to write a song a few weeks before the concert. The song went well with the video that was on the link.

Who the hell invited the Pussycat Dolls??? Horrible.

Where were the Spice Girls??

FORD
07-08-2007, 05:40 PM
BTW, does anyone else find it ironic that Metallica played the exact same three songs that they played the last time they were at Wembley Stadium for a benefit show, the Freddie Mercury tribute in 1992??

tajmahal
07-08-2007, 06:00 PM
Metallica was disappointing. All songs from the Black album. They should have played 3 songs from Master of Puppets.

ace diamond
07-08-2007, 06:16 PM
sundance channel had the best coverage.

FORD
07-08-2007, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by ace diamond
sundance channel had the best coverage.

Yeah, leave it to NBC. They own 6 fucking cable channels, and they put the best coverage on the channel that most people DON'T have.

ace diamond
07-08-2007, 06:36 PM
i know....it's pretty fucked up.

Shaun Ponsonby
07-08-2007, 08:22 PM
Metallica was disappointing. All songs from the Black album. They should have played 3 songs from Master of Puppets.

Big crowd that may not be fans? Best to plays stuff that gets most airplay...

chi-town324
07-08-2007, 08:35 PM
Kelly Clarkston looked like she gained about 50 LBS

tajmahal
07-08-2007, 10:47 PM
You are right about Metallica. The Black album was their most popular album. It would have been cool if they played "Don't Tread on Me"

DeadOrAlive
07-09-2007, 05:55 AM
I had a choice between watching this sack of crap or getting laid... I chose getting laid.

fryingdutchman
07-09-2007, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance

Who the FUCK thought it was a good idea to have Kanye Fucking West join The Police for "Message in a Bottle"???? (ahem, Sting) Bad enough we have John Mayer out there, but do I really need to hear Kanye going "Oh Yeaahhh" 50 times? Andy Summers and Stewart Copeland looked like they wanted to puke!

Utter bullshit!

100% Agreed!!!!

I thought the same thing. Kanye West is a talentless fuckwit who contributed NOTHING to that performance.

But they just had to shove another so-called "political lightning rod" up our ass for a few minutes. I'm surprised Cindy Sheehan didn't show up to rap with Kanye while he yelled "S.O.S.!!" and "Yeeeeeaahhhhh" 50 times.

Aren't his 15 minutes up yet? Who can take that moron seriously after his stammering, nerve-racked diatribe with Mike Myers?

:rolleyes:

ODShowtime
07-09-2007, 08:21 AM
I enjoyed the coverage overall, although I had a one hour delay and a DVR to fast forward through all the crap. Duran Duran were suprisingly good, many, many acts got more time than they deserved compared to the Beastie Boys, Melissa Ethridge made me change the channel, and John Mayer fucked up Message in a Bottle. Those Police songs only work well with that spare production and Andy's tastefulness.

Overall, eh, but not anything to hate on like some people here. And Al Gore didn't announce he's running for pres, which I expected.

WACF
07-09-2007, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
And Al Gore didn't announce he's running for pres, which I expected.

He would of been accused of trying to steal the spotlight or God knows what...regardless...whether he runs or not that was most likely not the best time to announce it.

He would not give a no though...

I had to work all weekend so I barely got to watch any...but I did record the show on my INNO(XM radio)....I was very disapointed in Metallica's set.

I guess Creeping Death or Am I Evil would of been poorly recieved....

ULTRAMAN VH
07-09-2007, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
It seemed like they'd show one tune from a band and then bail and go to something else. Most abominable...The worst:

Genesis looked as if they had zero energy, which makes sense being first on that bill. How are they not headlining?

Lenny Kravitz looked fat and instead of rocking, played a lazy "Let Love Rule".

What the fuck was Roger Waters doing on stage, SMILING and DANCING with those kids singing "Another Brick in the Wall"??? I expect Roger Waters to be depressed and sullen!!!!

Utter bullshit!

Foo Fighters were great.

I can't believe 2 top notch musicians, Copeland and Summers allowed that no talent shit stain to join them on stage. What a joke.

kentuckyklira
07-09-2007, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by thome

I would rather shave my dogs ass.twice I´m pretty certain that "shave" is not the right expression to describe the attention you give your dog´s ass!

ULTRAMAN VH
07-10-2007, 11:11 AM
July 08, 2007
Global Warming is So Yesterday
By Thomas Lifson

My very favorite excuse for low attendance at the much-ballyhooed worldwide Live Earth global warming concerts yesterday came from Johannesburg, where concert organizer John Langford "believes extremely cold weather... kept people away from the concert." Well I suppose that if you are trying to whip up fears about global warming, cold weather does tend to dampen enthusiasm somewhat.

Of course, the global warming enthusiasts have already tried repackaging their rhetoric of doom, so Langford found himself musing, "...we've had a strange winter... is it climate change?" The brilliant stroke claiming that any weather at all is evidence that something is very wrong works on idiots, ideologues, and children too young to remember every year it gets hot in the summer and cold in the winter. But evidence is accumulating that most normal people are fed up with being lectured about the need to conserve energy by people who fly in private jets and own multiple mansions. Fifty-six percent of the British public, for instance, believes that global warming fears are "exaggerated."

Repackaging is quite the order of the day when products flop in the marketplace. So we have the curious spectacle of morphing press coverage. For example, an early Reuters report bluntly described the extremely poor turnout for the free Live Earth concert in Rio de Janeiro's Copacabana beach (on a "perfect" winter night - when tropical Rio is merely comfortably warm) as les than 100,000. Since the hype had it that over a million would come, and since Mick Jagger and the Rolling Stones managed at least twice as many concert goers a year ago in the same location, it does look like an embarrassment.

But in the hands of the Associated Press, the same concert was a huge success - the biggest crowds in the whole world for the triumphant effort. Suddenly less than one hundred thousand became "400,000" and they were "packed" onto the famous beach, which just recently was thought able to handle a million-plus concert-goers.

I have yet to see any crowd estimates for the Washington, DC concert, but the photos in the Washington Post show what looks like an awfully puny turnout there. Apparently the concert in Wembly Stadium in London sold 65,000 tickets, though. For their money, the fans got to see Madonna simulating sex with a guitar and other big names of yesteryear doing their thing. The critics were not impressed, while at least some of the fans weren't buying the ideology:

Certainly, on the way into the show, some of the 65,000 people who'd spent $110 on a ticket appeared unaware of the seven-point pledge that Al Gore, the event's chief impresario, had asked all spectators to make. Asked about it, they offered blank looks and said they were there for Madonna (whose annual carbon footprint, according to Buckley, is 1,018 tons -- about 92 times the 11 tons an average person uses per year).

"I'm not even sure who Gore is," said Georgie Simpson, 35, from Ipswich, in eastern England. "I saw Gore on TV," added Sue Bourner, 38, a health service manager from Hampshire. "But frankly, I think it's cheeky of Americans to come over here and lecture us. They are the worst polluters."
Sue, if you want cheeky, check out Gore's energy-gobbling house in Nashville.

The biggest disaster of a concert appears to have been in Hamburg, Germany. Even though the stadium venue had covered seating, rain is being blamed for a poor turnout. Since I am reasonably certain that there are days when it doesn't rain in Hamburg, I guess we can just chalk this flow up to "climate change" too. Even Earth Times admitted , "...there was no overlooking that turnout was poor, with many of the more distant seats in the stands empty."

Or maybe the Hamburgers shared the outrage of Greenpeace over the sponsorship of the German concert by Daimler Chrysler.

Meanwhile, pillars of the scientific establishment are showing early signs of buyer's remorse for having climbed aboard the bandwagon before the evidence was really in. It wouldn't be the first time that the common sense of ordinary people is way ahead of the experts.

The collapse of the global warming hot air balloon promises to be one of the most interesting spectacles of the next few years. Despite the overwhelming support of powerful corporations, formerly trendy cultural figures, and many governments for premature "consensus", the truth will out. In the meantime, there will be no worldwide shortage of irony and hypocrisy as the privileged try to sell sacrifice and conservation to those who lead more modest lives in the name of a poorly-substantiated alarmist theory.

Thomas Lifson is editor and publisher of American Thinker.

Page Printed from: http://www.americanthinker.com/2007/07/global_warming_is_so_yesterday