PDA

View Full Version : E News online: "Van Halen Hot for Fall Reunion?"

Matt White
07-08-2007, 11:09 AM
http://www.eonline.com/news/article/index.jsp?uuid=40546757-6d25-4d0c-92f1-7d0550a7cec0

http://images.eonline.com/eol_images/Articles/20061030/285.van.halen.103006.jpg

Van Halen Hot for Fall Reunion?
by Josh Grossberg

Everybody wants some and apparently they're finally going to get it.

That long-awaited, David Lee Roth-fronted Van Halen reunion tour that was supposed to hit outdoor sheds across nationwide this summer until guitar whiz Eddie Van Halen checked into rehab is reportedly back on for this fall.

Per Billboard, the newly minted Rock and Roll Hall of Famers will forego amphitheaters and instead dance the night away in arenas—the first trek with Diamond Dave since Roth exited Van Halen in 1985.

No word yet on tour dates, but the band has reportedly reserved arenas in several major cities. A complete itinerary is expected to be released within the coming weeks.

As was the case with scuttled summer run, bassist Michael Anthony will be replaced with Eddie Van Halen's 15-year-old son, Wolfgang.

Anthony had a falling out with Eddie and his drummer brother, Alex Van Halen, following the band's 2004 tour with Roth's successor, Sammy Hagar, and was not invited back.

While the 2004 tour was a mammoth hit, grossing over $50 million, according to concert industry trade Pollstar, once it concluded, Anthony and Hagar acknowledged that tensions had arisen over the guitarist's rampant drinking.

Eddie Van Halen entered rehab in March, just three days before VH was due to be enshrined into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. The stint forced the cancellation of their much ballyhooed 40-date North American tour and made for an awkward induction ceremony.

With Alex choosing to skip the ceremony and stay in California to support his sibling and Roth opting not to show up after Rock Hall organizers wouldn't let him sing "Jump" with Velvet Revolver, it fell to Anthony and Hagar to accept the honor.

While neither of whom were officially members (they toured together in 2006 as the Other Half, playing VH songs), both left the door open for a reconciliation.

"I'd like to say god bless you to Edward Van Halen. God bless you. He couldn't be here tonight. He had to get some help. I love you, man," said Anthony.

"If we all can grow up, then maybe all of us can do it together," Hagar suggested. In a nod to his predecessor, Hagar then added that "the fans need a Dave reunion first" before the five of them could ever consider such an outing.

Upon getting out of rehab, Eddie Van Halen released a statement in May thanking VH diehards for their support.

"It was an intensely personal thing that I'm not really comfortable talking about right now, but I want everyone to know that their support has and always will mean the world to me," the musician said. "I want everyone to know that I am truly grateful."

For his part, Roth has lobbied on countless occasions to see the boys get back together, telling Billboard last year that for him a reunion was "an inevitability."

"To me, it's not rocket surgery. It's very simple to put together," the 52-year-old crooner said. "And as far as hurt feelings and water under the dam, like what's-her-name says to what's-her-name at the end of the movie Chicago—'So what? It's showbiz!' "

If all goes according to plan (and it almost never does with these guys), the long-delayed reunion could launch as early as September.

Now...it's seems things are aboot to get interesting....or..as a wise man once said...

BUSINESS IS ABOOT TO PICK UP

KING OF THE HIL
07-08-2007, 11:35 AM
WELL AT LEAST WE KNOW THAT THE GUYS ARE STILL TRYING TO MAKE THIS THING WORK ESPECIALLY WITH ALL OF THE REPORTS NOW STARTING TO APPEAR FROM ALL OVER

sadaist
07-08-2007, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Matt White

The stint forced the cancellation of their much ballyhooed 40-date North American tour...

I must have missed all of the ballyhooing. With the exception of a handful of fan sites, it didn't really ever gain momentum.

Redballjets88
07-08-2007, 12:41 PM
well hopefully people will start to gain interest in this. IMO these kinds of tours are 25% for fans 75% for busniesses and rich people can flaunt how they got cvh tickets

Matt White
07-08-2007, 09:57 PM
Makes me laugh...$50 million tour.....

FUCK...with DAVE fronting the von Halens........CRAZY MONEY

Terry
07-08-2007, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Matt White
http://www.eonline.com/news/article/index.jsp?uuid=40546757-6d25-4d0c-92f1-7d0550a7cec0

http://images.eonline.com/eol_images/Articles/20061030/285.van.halen.103006.jpg

Van Halen Hot for Fall Reunion?

"If we all can grow up, then maybe all of us can do it together," Hagar suggested. In a nod to his predecessor, Hagar then added that "the fans need a Dave reunion first" before the five of them could ever consider such an outing.

[/B]

Yeah, Sambo, here's to hoping all five of you can do it together:rolleyes:

Polk High
07-09-2007, 08:01 AM
don't believe anything till i see it.

thome
07-09-2007, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by Terry
Yeah, Sambo, here's to hoping all five of you can do it together:rolleyes:
Hagar suggested. In a nod to his predecessor, Hagar then added that "the fans need a Dave reunion first" before the five of them could ever consider such an outing

I will never forget the feeling of overwhellming -Vomit- that rose up in my gut when Mayor Mc FUK HEAD...

Took the time to give us all the --OK --!!!!for, Dave to rejoin VH.

His personal (Maffia) watched to many episodes of the Supre ranos joke show. NOD!!!

His personal, "--I-- have sold 70 MILLION RECORDS", "--I--- have headlined every venue in THE WORLD" nod to Dave.

Two ex members of VH accepting the award, yes i do blame Mike for being part of that.

Ps. Montrose SUKKED "Bad Motor Scooter" OH SSHHIITTTT!!!

07-09-2007, 08:54 AM
yeah, if this tour is completed Sam is going to break his back to force a tour, with himself and Dave (like he mentioned at the hall of fame press conference), He is playing along with the current plans to keep us happy. A tour with both Sam and Dave would be $$$ and i think Ed and Al will not give up that sort of cash, and put their differences aside.
I DON`T WANT THIS KIND OF TOUR, AS IT WILL DESTROY THE HARMONY OF THE CURRENT LINE UP, AND IT WOULD BE REFLECTED IN FUTURE NEW RECORDINGS. GO AND SET UP A BURGER VAN WITH MIKE , YOU FUCK`IN PIG!

kamaboko
07-09-2007, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by 113
yeah, if this tour is completed Sam is going to break his back to force a tour, with himself and Dave (like he mentioned at the hall of fame press conference), He is playing along with the current plans to keep us happy. A tour with both Sam and Dave would be $$$ and i think Ed and Al will not give up that sort of cash, and put their differences aside.
I DON`T WANT THIS KIND OF TOUR, AS IT WILL DESTROY THE HARMONY OF THE CURRENT LINE UP, AND IT WOULD BE REFLECTED IN FUTURE NEW RECORDINGS. GO AND SET UP A BURGER VAN WITH MIKE , YOU FUCK`IN PIG!

After Sam's 80 million payoff for his Wabo juice I doubt very much he's hurtin' for cash. In fact, I bet he's got more cash than all of them put together.

DrMaddVibe
07-09-2007, 09:58 AM
In the Fall?

That's going to be a whole lot of travelling from city to city playing in Football stadiums on their off or bye weeks.

That HAVE to be practicing. That's good, but still no word on who's playing bass.

I'd rather see them enter the studio and hit the stadiums with new material in the summer, because THE MIGHTY VAN HALEN has ALWAYS been a Summer party band!

Terry
07-09-2007, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by thome
I will never forget the feeling of overwhellming -Vomit- that rose up in my gut when Mayor Mc FUK HEAD...

Took the time to give us all the --OK --!!!!for, Dave to rejoin VH.

His personal (Maffia) watched to many episodes of the Supre ranos joke show. NOD!!!

His personal, "--I-- have sold 70 MILLION RECORDS", "--I--- have headlined every venue in THE WORLD" nod to Dave.

Two ex members of VH accepting the award, yes i do blame Mike for being part of that.

Ps. Montrose SUKKED "Bad Motor Scooter" OH SSHHIITTTT!!!

Recall when I saw the Sam and Dave special on VH1 in either 2002 or 2003, and there's Hagar sitting there going, "Well, what's always on the table is a reunion tour with both Roth and I in Van Halen, each doing an hour set a night with the Van Halens...", words to that effect.

It's like Hagar still couldn't resist trying to hitch a ride on CVH, you know?

Now he gives us all his blessing for a CVH reunion? Fuckin' nitwit. Fuck him, his tequila, the Other Half, his 80 million and Cabo fucking Wabo.

07-09-2007, 11:15 AM
Mike will never return to the line up now. The real reason Mike was kicked out, was because he and Sam became best buddies. Eddie is jealous of their friendship. The truth is, at the height of van hagar Sam brought a house next to Ed. That is well beyond a proffesional relationship. Why do you think Ed`s an alcoholic and hard core drug addict anyway. Ed can`t stand Mike because he reminds him of Sam! If you look at Dave`s biograophy he mentions Ed was auditioning other bassists in 1996 shortly after Sam left and Dave started recording me wise magic for best of .Eds a fuck`in mess!

Fairwrning
07-09-2007, 01:06 PM
I heard on Sirius ( The Buzzsaw) that they were expecting an announcement within 2 weeks..and Wolfgang will be on bass..
I will also believe it when they actually play a show...and not a moment before...

Terry
07-09-2007, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Fairwrning
I heard on Sirius ( The Buzzsaw) that they were expecting an announcement within 2 weeks..and Wolfgang will be on bass..
I will also believe it when they actually play a show...and not a moment before...

Doubt even those that want to see will actually believe it until they do it.

vh rides again
07-09-2007, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by kamaboko
After Sam's 80 million payoff for his Wabo juice I doubt very much he's hurtin' for cash. In fact, I bet he's got more cash than all of them put together.

thats chump change to eddie, i read in guitar world that eddies patent on his guitar pickup is possibly worth 1 billion.

Diamondjimi
07-09-2007, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by vh rides again
thats chump change to eddie, i read in guitar world that eddies patent on his guitar pickup is possibly worth 1 billion.

1 billion $$$ mmmmmkay :rolleyes:

kamaboko
07-09-2007, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by vh rides again

Dude....thanks for the laugh today. I really needed one.