• Calderone
    Commando
    • Jan 2004

What U Think Of This

I FOUND THIS
  • ZahZoo
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Hmmm interesting angle... maybe Dave read this and his flirting with Vegas is his attempt to bottom out to get back on top again... I hope not... really...
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• smaz
      Commando
      • Mar 2004

I suppose he's right that Dave isn't the star he used to be. He could be, with a proper VH reunion.
      Moving webhosts & will be making changes to the picture hosting - watch this space..

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

dave is dave...period
        Roth Army Icon
        First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• alexpgrimes
          Foot Soldier
          • Jan 2004

I don't think that's real.
          If I want any shit out of you, I'll squeeze your head.

Comment

• Terry
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

In terms of size and the public perception, of course Dave isn't as big as he was twenty years ago.

The reason he still acts like a rock star? Because he still is one.

No point in comparing Roth to Ozzy. Ozzy is told what to do by his publicity hungry wife and two kids, and doesn't seem physically or mentally capable of functioning on his own. Ozzy's career jolt has more to do with the trend of reality television and everyone wanting televised attention for all the wrong reasons.

This article seems to be written from the POV of so many others. Seems critics are pissed off that Roth just keeps doing what he wants to do with a smile on his face, and it infuriates them that Dave isn't on Oprah crying about how he isn't as popular as he used to be.

Fuck that sissified, daytime drama pussy attitude. Roth has resilience.

I, for one, hope he never loses his sense of humor and sense of purpose.

I can agree that his appearance in the last few years, particularly his hair, is kind of bizarre, but he's gotten rid of that platinum blonde wig as of late and looks more natural.

He will probably never be as famous as he was with Van Halen in the early 1980s. Even if he reunites with Ed tomorrow, the boost to his career would only last as long as the reunion did. But to expect Dave to go off running scared on some radical search to reinvent himself because he's not as popular as he once was is ridiculous.

Roth should keep chugging along doing what he's doing: entertaining. With any luck, the sisters will come back to where it all started and give Dave the respect he deserves.
            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• bru87tr
              Commando
              • Apr 2004

"you're not the planet's biggest rock star anymore. So why do you
              continue to act like it?"

sorry but if you dont act like the biggest rock star your not a rock star! dave doesnt try to be a rock star he is! it comes natural and not an act!

anyway let this guy name the biggest rock star ? there isnt one anymore so dave can have that title as much as any rock artist these days. there are no "biggest rock stars" today.

thats as bad as curt cobain ripping off the Band Boston's "More Than a Feeling" guitar riff for "Smells Like Teen Spirit "

everyone in the rock workd today wishes they were a big a rock star as Dave. gimmie a break!
              "I've been rich and I've been poor....rich is better, totally better"

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

Who gives a shit whether it's real or not...

bottoming out...

How about this for an open letter...

Dear Dave,

Thanks for the best fucking rock albums of all time. Thanks for having the attitude for the past 30 years...keeping the attitude...bringing it every night...whether with VH...EEAS or the DLR Band...

Don't fucking change and cop fucking out like OZZY...Aerosmith...and every other "hard rock" band that finds it necesary to have Justin Timberlake either sing with you or bone your wife to have any success.

And Dave...thanks for getting it...

POJ'

PS...if you see that homo Corey Levitan...kick him in the skull for not getting it...
                "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• GAR
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2004

I don't care about ANY of this shit - I just want to hear some music and not have to be involved with the human waste management that's turned the fucking drama of these guy's lives into forum discussion after forum discussion.

Play, or get off the fucking stage you don't belong on to begin with. That's it.

No more mamadrama, no more tears just - shut the fuck up and play something decent and if its no fucking good, I do this :: CLIKK :: and hit the Eject button and put something WORTHWHILE listening to.

Like I did with last years shithole effort "Diamond Dave".. which I only bought for one song anyways. What a rotten piece of fucking crap that CD is.

Comment

• Roth kills Sam
                    Foot Soldier
                    • Mar 2004

POJO rocks

Comment

• Big Troubles
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin

bottoming out...

Dear Dave,

Thanks for the best fucking rock albums of all time. Thanks for having the attitude for the past 30 years...keeping the attitude...bringing it every night...whether with VH...EEAS or the DLR Band...

Don't fucking change and cop fucking out like OZZY...Aerosmith...and every other "hard rock" band that finds it necesary to have Justin Timberlake either sing with you or bone your wife to have any success.

POJ'

PS...if you see that homo Corey Levitan...kick him in the skull for not getting it...
                      LOL That's it That's it!
                      "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

I'm sick of these fucking "Roth fans" that keep on spewing about how he needs to bend over for all so that he can be the rock legend he once was...

1. He was a rock legend because he doesn't bend over like that fact Golden Coral bastard Bette...

2. If he did...he wouldn't be a rock legend...

3. If you doubt any of that shit I just said...take out your Air Supply CD...take off your Cosmo Capri shorts and matching blouse...pop in Fair Warning...AND FUCKING GET IT...
                        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Terry
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

bottoming out...

Dear Dave,

Fuckin' A

POJ'

Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• cwsmith17
                            Sniper
                            • Apr 2004

The letter is from some passive agressive Sam fan....my guess is that it is from Big Troubles.

Comment

• General Hina
                              Sniper
                              • Feb 2004

Don't fucking change and cop fucking out like OZZY...Aerosmith...and every other "hard rock" band .

If writing and recording new music on a regular basis and touring huge venues is now called "coping out", don't worry Dave will never cop out.

Over and Out,
                              General Hina

Comment

Working...