Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Lord God Relieved at Poll Results

Lord God Relieved at Poll Results

By Tamara Jaffe-Notier
    July 11, 2007

In a recent interview with Time Magazine, the Lord confessed that He found the results of the latest Barna poll regarding His existence very reassuring. Statistics indicate that as much as 90 % of the U.S. population does believe, openly or secretly, in a supreme deity.

The Lord was especially relieved at the high percentage of research scientists who professed their belief in His existence.

"What with evolution, global climate change, famines, the wars in Sudan, Iraq, Palestine and everywhere else, evidence of widespread child abuse around the globe, Osama bin Laden and George Bush still on the loose, some days I wake up doubtful of my own existence," the Lord said.

"It's really great that a guy like Francis Collins, director of the Human Genome Project, is on my side. I like that little phrase he stole, 'the language of God,' to describe My work on DNA. That stuff took Me eons to come up with; he's a man who can appreciate that. I don't understand why more Christians won't lighten up and listen to him a bit. He's a pretty smart guy."

The one feature of the poll results that puzzled the Lord was the lack of a statistically significant connection between faith in a deity and moral behavior.

"You know, you'd think that people who believe in Me might care a little more about right and wrong than people who don't believe in Me, but that doesn't seem to be the case," the Lord admitted. "I keep inspiring people to walk by faith, and so many of them do, but it's the loudmouths who grab the attention who don't give a damn about harming their brothers and sisters. They keep picking at each other about whether I care more about private or public moral behavior and they refuse to remember that the whole kit and caboodle is public to Me. Public, public, public, got that? Write it down. I am here. All the time. I got no place else to go. I'm God, and most of the folks in the U.S. say they believe in Me. Oy vey—go figure."

At the close of the interview, the Lord confessed that He'd seen a sneak preview of Evan Almighty and—as He'd known He would be—was disappointed.

"It's a shame, too, because I like Steve Carell," the Lord said. "And Morgan Freeman just nails it. But the movie's a mess."

Link
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992
  • Little Texan
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

That "interview" is about as real and believable as the fictional character "the lord" is! If 90% of this country's population believe in the existence of god, then this country really is stupid!

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Sesh, when did you move to Texas? :confused:
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

If a child is sexually abused then the worry is always much more about the ongoing mental damage rather than the physical harm done.

Since religious superstitition is much more life pervading than that then countries like the US, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia or Iran with high levels of this child abuse are a worry to the rest of us and a threat to the survival of mankind.

Comment

Working...