PDA

View Full Version : New Foos

DLRdelight!
07-14-2007, 06:20 PM
for those who care there is a new foo fighters album coming out in sept. one of my faves so i cant wait.

well cheers

binnie
07-14-2007, 06:49 PM
I'm hoping it's a good one, as sometimes they can be a little hit and miss.

They'll never make anything as good as "The Colour and the Shape" again, but I really enjoyed the electric part of the last album. There were some good tunes on the acoustic side too, but a lot of filler also...

Roy Munson
07-14-2007, 11:58 PM
Yeah, the acoustic side was not needed on the last album IMO. I'm a fan. Love the band. I prefer them rocking out and I'm looking forward to this release.

Nitro Express
07-15-2007, 01:54 AM
One of the few good bands that came out of the 90's.

Dan
07-15-2007, 02:05 AM
Rock On,The Foos.

binnie
07-15-2007, 04:44 AM
I actually prefer them to Nirvana, Grohl's voice is easier to relate to, it has more immediate appeal....

DLRdelight!
07-16-2007, 01:29 AM
yeah foos to me much better than nirvana. their showmanship is amazing live. i just dont agree with the coloure and the shape being their best. i mean their last album to me the whole album is pretty good, but i always liked their well daves basically debut album. yeah their secong album has hits like monkey wrench, my hero, and the one everyone knows everlong, but i dont know why i do not consider that their best.

DLRdelight!
07-16-2007, 01:30 AM
oh yeah and their next album is with the same guy that helped them make the coloure and the shape

Little Texan
07-16-2007, 02:46 AM
I didn't like their last one a whole lot...it was a bit weak, IMO. I hope this new one is more in the vein of Colour And The Shape.

Eyes of the Night
07-17-2007, 10:41 PM
Thanks DLRdelight ... what about Queens of the Stone Age? ... I heard that "666" song on da radio at work the other day ...

binnie
07-18-2007, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by Eyes
what about Queens of the Stone Age? ... I heard that "666" song on da radio at work the other day ...

Their new album is better than the last one, but still not a patch on the first three.

Well worth a listen, but it's not going to change your life...

DLRdelight!
07-20-2007, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Eyes
Thanks DLRdelight ... what about Queens of the Stone Age? ... I heard that "666" song on da radio at work the other day ...

they not too long ago released a new album. my girlfriend has it but i have not listened to it yet. but arent they always like breaking up??? i think the line up is always changing

cMb
07-22-2007, 01:16 AM
Dave needs to quit writing all this pussy-pop music & get back to making some kick-ass rock!

The Colour & The Shape had like, maybe 2 bad trax. Every album since then, has been, like, maybe 2 kick-ass trax.

On that last album, after the title track, both discs pretty much sucked.

DLRdelight!
07-23-2007, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by cMb
Dave needs to quit writing all this pussy-pop music & get back to making some kick-ass rock!

The Colour & The Shape had like, maybe 2 bad trax. Every album since then, has been, like, maybe 2 kick-ass trax.

On that last album, after the title track, both discs pretty much sucked.

free me on the last record was pretty good

binnie
07-23-2007, 03:08 AM
Best of You was also a decent tune....

cMb
07-23-2007, 05:56 PM
I'll give IYH CD1 another spin tomorrow at work.
But to me, it just seems like a bunch of EMO stuff that gets played 24/7 on my local 'Edge' radio station. In all fairness, I probably didn't give it a fair shake.

I still have much respect for Dave. I just wish he didn't turn his band into a pop band.

Eyes of the Night
08-02-2007, 06:46 PM
Yeah guys just got her today n' shit ... getting ready for work and listen to it for the first time ... talkin' bout QOTSA ... oh and it's "sick sick sick" ... lmfao

True DLR, Joshua is always inviting peeps to his recording sessions but they still have the main 3 from the last 2 sessions ...

thome
03-07-2008, 11:39 AM
Can anyone really touch the Foo's..

I think I saw this vid for the first time on Nocturnal State a couple nights ago .

Scroll over to long Road To Ruin.To see the Video release.

http://www.youtube.com/user/foofighters
I think this song is cool

Some Dude??? Has created a sub-directory on YouTube of only Foo Music .How is this possible?

It's like a Myspace.Tube page? for the Foo's or something.

Live

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/85KnNBLaiLE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/85KnNBLaiLE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

binnie
03-07-2008, 11:50 AM
It's a great album which is growing on me more and more. Usually I get a little bored with Foo's albums after a couple of months, but not this one...

thome
03-07-2008, 12:48 PM
I have a acct at tube and my page doesn't look like this one.Listed above?

It seems to be a good idea cause when you want foos you get foo's.

Not some guys kung foo vid.

Best of You
is out of my head.

All My Life
these two toons get me going remind me of the last -Girlie Thing- that is slowly desolving.......down to nothing...

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZR40JbiJkEY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZR40JbiJkEY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>