PDA

View Full Version : Once again, Michael Schenker fails to complete US Tour

Hardrock69
07-17-2007, 01:51 PM
MICHAEL SCHENKER Says He Was 'Forced Out Of The U.S.' Before Completing Tour - July 16, 2007
Legendary guitarist Michael Schenker has issued a statement on the abrupt cancellation of the remaining dates on MICHAEL SCHENKER GROUP's recent U.S. tour.

Said Michael: "I am sorry, but, there never will be another tour in the U.S. unless particular people stop interfering. I haved tried my best to give all my fans a live show but was forced out of the U.S. by wicked attempts by these same people."

Michael Schenker previously posted a message on his web site that the band's U.S. tour would continue as planned.

Looking at his tour date listings on his web page, the show I was thinking of going to is not there. It was a club just outside of Cincinnati called Coconuts in Middletwon, OH, and the date was supposedly July 7th.

Here is a post on the Y & T Forums about this, and the real reasons why the last shows got cancelled.

http://www.meniketti.com/vforum/showthread.php?t=18055

I am glad I did not plan on going to the July 7th show. He is so fucking unreliable that I decided against even trying to go.

Really sad.

Seeing him one time in the late 90s will have to be it for my life. I should count myself lucky I got to see him then, as I will no doubt never be able to see him again.

Fucking loser.
:mad:

jharp84
07-17-2007, 06:11 PM
See my rant in Thrills N' Spills Thread Michael Schenker videos" regarding a 1998 club show in Germany w/UFO!! Can't figure this gut out??? Must be brain related!

jharp84
07-17-2007, 06:12 PM
I was actually debating seeing him in Chicago as I only ever saw him live 1995 UFO reunion tour!!

Hardrock69
07-17-2007, 06:28 PM
Well we both woulda been outa luck then, as the Chicago show was one that was cancelled also I believe.

Man this sucks shit.

Just like spEd. Incredible talent.

But ability to conduct business in a manner to please the fans is ABSOLUTELY FUCKED UP!

I have said this about spEd before, but the time has come to say it about Mikey:

FUCK THAT WORTHLESS FUCKING PILE OF SHIT!!!

jharp84
07-17-2007, 06:30 PM
AMEN! MY BROTHER!!!

Diamondjimi
07-17-2007, 06:30 PM
I guess Schenkers ex , Bella Piper, is still trying to ruin him. She was in charge of his fan club and merch. She ended up stiffing many fans for items ordered etc. + interfered with last years tour as well forcing M.S. to tour Europe only.

Apparently he owes her child support or some shit ,and is bent on ruining him. Guess she knows how to push his buttons..
What a cunt.

Saw him in '87 , '89 and got to hang out with him for an hour in '93 before an acoustic show in T.O. He'd been sober for a while and was totally cool....

He is one guy who should stay away from substance' for life.

A fucking shame because he's one of rock's all time greatest and influential guitarists...:(

Shaun Ponsonby
07-17-2007, 06:35 PM
Should be seeing him (touch wood) with the Scorpions and Uli Jon Roth a week on Sunday. Don't think he'll pull out of that one, or Rudolph will do some damage, I think.

jharp84
07-17-2007, 06:35 PM
If he had Barden back in I would def. be PISSED! New singer did not impress me much!! I just want a pro-shot video of the WHOLE performance of Scorpions live at WACKEN festival 2006 w/schenker and uli jon roth!

Shaun Ponsonby
07-17-2007, 06:37 PM
They're touring a similar show over here...they could take it to the US...that'd be a way of seeing schenker.

jharp84
07-17-2007, 06:42 PM
THanKS!

ThrillsNSpills
07-18-2007, 09:10 AM
Yep I felt the crunch also as he was scheduled to play last Saturday here.

How the venues keep giving him the ball is beyond me with his track record. He lost a great bass player from fucked business practices.

That said the clips I posted from YouTube were mind numbing. Unbelievable performances.
Hopefully Shaun will have better luck.

Hardrock69
07-18-2007, 11:17 AM
Shaun, you need to give us all a book report about the show...
:cool:

Shaun Ponsonby
07-18-2007, 11:56 AM
I intend to, my friend. http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/images/smilies/cool.gif

Shame Herman isn't gonna be there though, just to finish it off properly.

Hardrock69
07-18-2007, 01:29 PM
No shit. Would be nice.

Shaun Ponsonby
07-18-2007, 06:50 PM
I think binnie's going too.

I'll have to buy him a drink...

Actually, no, I'm poor. He can buy me one.

Hardrock69
07-19-2007, 01:26 AM
What are friends for?
:D
(hic)

Shaun Ponsonby
07-19-2007, 12:06 PM
A list of the top 5 things friends are for...

1) Buying Drinks
2) Buying Drinks
3) Buying Drinks
4) Buying Drinks
5) Buying Drinks