PDA

View Full Version : Dave Solo Songs on VH tour?

tajmahal
07-19-2007, 04:01 PM
Will VH perform DLR solo material? They did it with Sammy so there could be a possibility. They would play a max of 3 songs. So here are my 3 choices.

Goin' Crazy
Yankee Rose
Slam Dunk!

jharp84
07-19-2007, 04:05 PM
NO! NO SOLO TUNES DUDE!!! It has been 22 Years!! 2 1/2 Hours of CVH!!!!!

Vinnie Velvet
07-19-2007, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by tajmahal
Will VH perform DLR solo material? They did it with Sammy so there could be a possibility. They would play a max of 3 songs. So here are my 3 choices.

Goin' Crazy
Yankee Rose
Slam Dunk!

I accept that you're new here so I understand the need for this thread.

However, there have been many of these in the past year. And the consensus is that NO, there WILL NOT be any Dave solo songs played on this VH tour.

It will be strictly CVH (1978-1984). That means there won't even be Me Wise Magic or CGTSNM.

Having said that, there is a possibility they may debut NEW songs (which would be nice) and also play some un-released, pre-78 material (stuff like "Big Trouble", "Down in Flames", etc.).

Some of their bar days, cover tunes, could be played also. Something like "Beer Drinkers and Hell Raisers".

Though that subject matter doesn't make much sense with the dudes these days.:D

delta5150
07-19-2007, 04:14 PM
That wil absolutely not happen... No way Jose! It's classic van halen end of story no solo material please!

It would be embarrasing to see Eddie struggle with Vai's guitarwork jeje! only joking

Although, let's just say if it were an option, I think they should play

A lil' ain't enough
Showtime
Just like Paradise

07-19-2007, 04:15 PM
I will bet my last pound/dollar there will be no Dave solo songs on this tour. The reasons Sam played his solo material were,

Van hagar had less songs in their back catalogue(Dave has 6 classic van halen albums and 2 tracks off best of)

Van hagar were trying to bury the shadow of Dave, so they would only cover the biggest comercial songs like jump and panama to keep the fans happy!

Jimmy Jingles
07-19-2007, 05:01 PM
I agree.

There is no way Ed would go for that.

I doubt he could even pull off some of Vai and Becker's chops.

Padre Atilio
07-19-2007, 05:02 PM
I like the idea that somebody posted at the links: to choose to play "Damn good" with Ed on accoustic guitar and Dave sitting on chairs !!! and and behind them some footage from the past. That would bring a tear in your eye. :p

Vinnie Velvet
07-19-2007, 05:05 PM
We've had years of no exclusive CVH material at concerts.

Why would we want DLR solo at this point??

Its a tour to celebrate the music that touched off a rock and roll explosion!

Van Halen, Van Halen II, WACF, Fair Warning, Diver Down, 1984.

Padre Atilio
07-19-2007, 05:09 PM
Yeah if this is going to happend it wouldnt matter what would be on the setlist,

TAKIN WHISKEY
07-19-2007, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Padre Atilio
I like the idea that somebody posted at the links: to choose to play "Damn good" with Ed on accoustic guitar and Dave sitting on chairs !!! and and behind them some footage from the past. That would bring a tear in your eye. :p

I like the idea a lot. And while they are at it, do a couple of other acoustic tunes ending with Take Your Whiskey Home and Ed starting out acoustic and ending electric. But to me, it doesn't matter what they play, besides McHagar songs, I'll be happy.

tajmahal
07-19-2007, 06:10 PM
Guys, I actually agree that there should only be classic VH, but sometimes DLR ego may want to play one or two songs. I hope that is not the case.

I thought about Damn Good. Maybe Wolfie can play this and EVH can take his break.

I heard Steve Vai had written that song when he was 14 years old.

tajmahal
07-19-2007, 06:12 PM
I did consider VH doing the revived MTV unplugges series, although the Police had canceled doing the unplugged for some reason. The best unplugged I have ever seen was Queensryche back in '92. Pearl Jam was a close second.

Little Lamont
07-19-2007, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by tajmahal

I thought about Damn Good. Maybe Wolfie can play this and EVH can take his break.

The thought of Dave and Wolfie sitting on stools together in front of an arena full of people... stupidest idea I ever heard in my life.

Vinnie Velvet
07-19-2007, 06:24 PM
Okay.

For the final fucking time....

THERE WILL NOT BE ANY DAVE SOLO SONGS PLAYED ON THE TOUR!!!

binnie
07-19-2007, 06:25 PM
Solo tunes?

No chance....

Pasadena Bunnie
07-19-2007, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by binnie
Solo tunes?

No chance....

Exactly. Ed will never agree to it.

Coyote
07-19-2007, 08:08 PM
Ain't gonna happen.

(Although "Elephant Gun" would suit them.)

groetman
07-19-2007, 08:25 PM
Who wanted to hear Dave solo stuff. Not me. I have been waiting since I was 20 years old (that's 21 years) to have the original VH play again in concert. I want UNCHAINED, ERUPTION, TAKE YOUR WHISKEY HOME, ETC.....

All VAN HALEN and only VAN HALEN.

philouze
07-20-2007, 04:25 AM
No solo DLR stuff. Nuff said. Now, bring this fokkin announcement...

thome
07-20-2007, 04:56 AM
If Dave was to sing his solo work I am almost positive he would have to sing VHagars also. Not cool.

CVH and anything new is the Best bet .

philouze
07-20-2007, 04:59 AM
Right on, Thome !

Now, stop speculating and stop asking stupid questions, cause we don't have a fokkin clue about what's gonna happen. Well, that's just my opinion.

TVGUY
07-20-2007, 02:31 PM
Not only NO..but Hell NO!!!
I love the Dave solo stuff too... But this is all about CVH!