PDA

View Full Version : FBI Probes NBA Ref Betting on Games He Officiated

LoungeMachine
07-20-2007, 12:00 PM
FBI probing NBA referee suspected of betting on games

Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:24AM EDT

NEW YORK (Reuters) - The National Basketball Association said on Friday it is cooperating with an FBI investigation into whether an NBA referee was betting on games he officiated.

The New York Post, citing sources close to the FBI investigation, first reported in Friday's editions that the FBI uncovered the connection between the unnamed referee and organized crime figures during a separate mob investigation.

"We have been asked by the FBI, with whom we are working closely, not to comment on this matter at this time," the NBA said in a statement.

The referee allegedly wagered on games during the 2005-06 and 2006-07 NBA seasons, according to the newspaper.

The FBI organized-crime squad in New York was handling the case, the newspaper said.

Federal Bureau of Investigation spokesmen in New York were not immediately available for comment.

Unchainme
07-20-2007, 01:15 PM
Wonder if he ever did any cavs games? :rolleyes:

knuckleboner
07-20-2007, 01:17 PM
yeah, so much for ever locating a franchise in vegas...

cMb
07-22-2007, 02:09 PM
The NBA is so obviously fixed to promote the superstars.
This doesn't surprise me in the least.
Pro sports is nothing but 'big business'

TAKIN WHISKEY
07-23-2007, 03:06 PM
As much as I like the game of Football, I often wonder after seeing a terrible call, or a blatant no call if the ref is throwing the game. In the NBA , same thing. I try to beleive that it doesn't happen but sometimes you have to wonder.

chi-town324
07-23-2007, 05:25 PM
it happens more than we think

cMb
07-23-2007, 06:01 PM
The 'snow job' the Raiders got up in New England being one of the more blatant examples in recent memory.

Just disgusting!

TAKIN WHISKEY
07-25-2007, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by cMb
The 'snow job' the Raiders got up in New England being one of the more blatant examples in recent memory.

Just disgusting!

The old tuck rule. What a bunch of shit. It was a fucking fumble. Raiders ball. End of story. That cost them a Super Bowl appearance. Last year in the playoffs, Dallas at Seattle, just before Romo fumbled the snap for the field goal, Dallas had been awarded a 1st down, on a pass to Jason Witten. 1st and goal. they come back from a tv timeout and Dallas is attempting a field goal. Fact is, there was not a straight line camera angle to overturn the 1st down call. Totally phantom. Something that had been gone over and over agian with officials throughout the year. If it is not a straight line camera angle for spotting the ball, the call on the field stands. Anyway this kind of shit goes on over and over again.

VanHalener
07-26-2007, 12:06 AM
A cheating ref: the worst kind of scum in sports. I hope they throw the book at him and he gets technically fouled in his cell regularly.:spank:

chi-town324
07-26-2007, 07:50 AM
he must have been pulling down some good coin ...wonder what he was getting?