• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hardrock69
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2005

UFO sightings bring town to a standstill

Last updated at 11:27am on 25th July 2007

A crowd of 100 stunned stargazers brought a town centre to a standstill when five mysterious UFOs were spotted hovering in the sky.

Drinkers spilled out of pubs, motorists stopped to gawp and camera phones were aimed upwards as the five orbs, in a seeming formation, hovered above Stratford-Upon-Avon for half an hour.

The unidentified flying objects lit up the otherwise clear night sky above Shakespeare's birthplace in Warwickshire on Saturday.

Although Air Traffic Control reported no unusual activity, some witnesses were convinced they were witnessing an extra-terrestrial spectacle.

ufo

Crows gathered to gawp at the strange lights that hovered silently over Stratford for 30 minutes

The strange episode started just after 10.30pm, when the lights were seen hovering slowly over the town before three of them formed a triangular shape with one positioned just to the right.

A few minutes later a fifth came into view travelling towards the others at breakneck speed before slowing down and stopping a short distance away.

Sceptics dismissed the UFOs as nothing more than hot air balloons, fireworks or even lanterns which had broken loose from a local rugby club.

Others, however, claimed the speed and agility of the objects was unlike any known aircraft and said the odd movement, lack of noise and the length of time in the air discounted any man-made explanation.

Tom Hawkes, who captured these amazing images, spotted the lights during his girlfriend Kate Lyall's birthday at the One Elm pub.

He and the 15 other revellers were in the bar when they spotted some commotion outside.

Tom, 30, said: "We walked outside and there was at that time a growing crowd of about 60 people looking up at something in the sky.

"I saw this light appear, then three others. They came over our heads in formation but then manouvered into different positions.

"Three had formed a triangular shape and one was to the right. Then another one came hurtling towards the rest at what looked like a very fast speed. But as it neared them it suddenly slowed and stopped altogether.

"By this time more people had poured out onto the street. Two pubs had emptied, some people had come out of their houses and drivers slowed their cars.

ufo

Were flying saucers like this one hovering over Stratford under the cover of darkness?

"The objects were there for about half an hour. It was very eerie because they didn't make any sound and they stayed still before moving slowly beyond the horizon. There were no stars in the sky, just them.

"It was the most extraordinary thing I've ever seen and the way in which everyone gathered in the street to watch them reminded me of a scene from Independence Day."

The extraordinary scenes were also witnessed by some of the staff of the One Elm pub.

Chef Kern Griffiths, 26, said: "I saw five lights, we all thought they were hot air balloons at first because the glowing spheres looked like a burst of flames. But I couldn't see any outline of the balloon itself and they were travelling far too fast.

"Suddenly someone shouted 'look' and there were these bright dots fizzing across the sky.

"It was weird, they way they moved did look alien. Some people reckon they're fireworks but they were lit up in the sky for far too long, the local rugby club say they were lanterns that blew loose over the weekend but these objects were far too fast and too high up.

"They were unlike any aircraft I've seen. It's a mystery."

Hillary Potter from The British Earth Aerial Mystery Society (BEAMS) said they were being inundated with similar calls from across the country but said it was rare for such phenomena to be witnessed by so many people.

She said: "Such incidents have been on the increase recently. There are reports at the moment coming in from all over the country.

"We've had many reports of people seeing quite large unidentified objects in the skies. It's not going away, It seems these incidents are becoming more bold.

"People don't know what to do when they witness such sights and that's what we're here for. We take the reports very seriously."

A Ministry of Defense Spokesman said: "The MoD does not have any expertise or role in respect of UFOs or flying saucer matters or to the question of the existence of extra terrestrial life forms, about which we remain totally open minded.

"I should add that to date the MoD knows of no evidence which substantiates the existence of these alleged phenomena. The MoD examines any reports of unidentified flying objects it receives solely to establish whether what was seen might have some defence significance.

"Namely whether there is any evidence that the UK air space might have been compromised by hostile or unauthorised foreign military activity.

"Unless there is evidence of a potential threat to the United Kingdom from an external military source, and to date no UFO report has revealed such evidence, we do not attempt to identify the precise nature of each sighting reported to us.

"We believe that rational explanations such as aircraft lights or natural phenomena could be found for them if resources were diverted for this purpose but its not the function of the MoD to provide this kind of aerial identification service."

Frankie Spray, from Wellesbourne Airfield, just outside Stratford, added: "The lights were nothing to do with us. None of our aircraft fly at night at this time of year.

"It's very bizarre but I've got no explanation as to what the lights were."

Birmingham Air Space which covers the skies over the town said they had not heard of any unusual activity showing up on the radar.

Video:

UFO Footage
  • TAKIN WHISKEY
    Commando
    • Apr 2006

No doubt that we have been visited for years upon years. It still baffles me that some people don't believe that there is other life form in our universe.

Comment

• knuckleboner
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by TAKIN WHISKEY
      No doubt that we have been visited for years upon years. It still baffles me that some people don't believe that there is other life form in our universe.
      there's a big difference between believing that there are other life forms in the universe and actually believing that they visit us.

for starters, our current science says it is impossible to traverse the VAST distances between our world and any possible inhabitated world.

however, for the sake of argument, i'll assume there's a civilization advanced enough to overcome physics and can actually travel here. that makes them INSANELY advanced.

at that point, why in the world would we see them at all? if they're that advanced, and they didn't want to make official contact with us (which they clearly haven't) then why would they be so poor at hiding themselves?

Comment

• TAKIN WHISKEY
        Commando
        • Apr 2006

Very good question. Maybe they don't care if we see them. Maybe they are untouchable. Maybe they are so advanced that traveling vast distances is a complete non-issue, they could possibly bend space and time, use wormholes. It is possible that they come from our own planet. They could be living right under our nose. I do believe that what we are seeing is non human.

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

Dude, you been takin way too much whiskey...

Comment

• ELVIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2003

This is interesting...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pAP1Wcip9qw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pAP1Wcip9qw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

This is too...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3HfLNe8HC08"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3HfLNe8HC08" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

There are countless UFO vids on YouTube...

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

Watch this one...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sCHqEU_c-Ck"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sCHqEU_c-Ck" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Nov 2004

Thanks a lot to Hardrock for sharing this.

I've just read the whole report and comments. I don't know whether these sightings were from extraterrestrial origin or not. Yet I'm highly interested in the descriptions, as I observed similar stuff myself 5 years ago in particular, and twice ever since.

First it's odd that comparable events could be noticed within a couple of decades in roughly the same region on the planet (Belgium, the north of France, and now the south-east of England). That said, Belgians didn't necessarily report the same shapes as far as UFOs, some 15 years ago.

Anyway, it's the triangular shape of those observed above Stratford-upon-Avon, plus the lights on each end of the "objects", that made me think of what I saw in the middle of a summer night in 2002.
                  The weather was very warm, the sky was clear as can be. I was with a gal in the north of France, making love in my car with the roof open (we had stopped in a field for we couldn't wait ).
                  At some time in the night, at around 4 am, we were both lying in the car, gazing at the sky, almost right above our heads. We realized we were actually watching the same thing...
                  There was a dark thingummy flying up there. It was a stationary flight; the thing was flying pretty high, around a mile above, maybe a little less. It had 3 green lights flashing simultaneously at every end of the triangle, and it made no sound. What we found odd enough was the fact it would remain at the same place in the sky, we had no clue about what it could be. We went on making love, and every time we would stop and look up, the thing was still there at the same place.
                  I've seen the very same kind of object twice ever since, and each time in the north of France. As I don't know what they look like, I once thought of geostationary satellites, but the tale and the picture above, apart from the white lights at the ends of the triangle, make me think a lot of what I saw.

In addition, one of my best pals, who lives in the north of France, once told me of similar sightings, including by the local policemen, who were supposed not to tell about it. They were on patrol in the countryside in the middle of the night, under the moonlight. They suddenly noticed some darkening and stopped to see what was the matter: a huge, triangular object was silently flying rather slowly above them, before disappearing (I don't remember how fast it flew away as it was reported to, though). Unfortunately, they didn't write an official report about that.

As to know what those things are, and where from...
                  posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                  posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• TAKIN WHISKEY
                    Commando
                    • Apr 2006

Originally posted by ELVIS
                    Dude, you been takin way too much whiskey...
                    To the party tonight and I'm looking for some aliens. Aint looking for somebosy to fight, so baby don't get uptight. LOL

Comment

• MERRYKISSMASS2U
                      Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

In 1947 near Roswell, New Mexico, eyewitnesses reported something had landed...
                      <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fLqdFnbHAlw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fLqdFnbHAlw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Comment

• katie
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Nov 2004

We had a few of these sigthings in east anglia UK in the mid 90's.

I have seen one of these triangular craft quite close as a few of us ran underneath one once.

I have goospimples on my arms just thinking back to that night as there was NO noise. I remember looking up and seeing what seemed like huge rivet type things in the metal surface, then before any of knew it just shot off with no noise at all.

We saw a few lights each night for a couple of days but that was it really.

That pic really spooked me as that was the same thing as i saw in 1995.

I'm not saying we saw a UFO all i'm saying is that it was the scariest thing that i have ever come across.

Comment

• Baby's On Fire
                          Veteran
                          • May 2004

Originally posted by knuckleboner
                          there's a big difference between believing that there are other life forms in the universe and actually believing that they visit us.

for starters, our current science says it is impossible to traverse the VAST distances between our world and any possible inhabitated world.

however, for the sake of argument, i'll assume there's a civilization advanced enough to overcome physics and can actually travel here. that makes them INSANELY advanced.

at that point, why in the world would we see them at all? if they're that advanced, and they didn't want to make official contact with us (which they clearly haven't) then why would they be so poor at hiding themselves?

Actually, current science states that it is possible to traverse vast distances in very little time, except our technology is nowhere near being able to achieve it.

The Beam-mu-up-Scotty technology you see on Star Trek is mathematically possible, but our technology cannot capture the energy required.

Travelling faster than the speed of light has been proven by Einstein.

While I suspect these types of sightings may be ultra-secret military technology, I also think anyone who dismisses these sightings as fucking weather balloons (especially when they weren't even fucking there) is beyond ridiculous.

The famous Arizona sighting of multiple huge UFOs in the mid-1990's or so was even investigated by John McCain, who tried to force the government to make an investigation into the event, witnessed by thousands of on-lookers.

And recently, I saw a TV show on Discovery about UFO sightings witnessed by multiple airlines pilots simultaneously, and they were stunned by what they witnessed. Russian military pilots also, etc.

Comment

• katie
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Baby's On Fire

The Beam-mu-up-Scotty technology you see on Star Trek is mathematically possible, but our technology cannot capture the energy required.

Comment

• ELVIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Baby's On Fire
                              Travelling faster than the speed of light has been proven by Einstein.
                              No it hasn't, Einstein...

Comment

Working...