PDA

View Full Version : KISS WiTHOUT PAUL STANLEY

philouze
07-28-2007, 04:35 AM
Blabbermouth (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=77708)

But it was not for throat problems.. Let's say heart problems.. Paul was having some heart trouble approaching 200 beats per minutes and was rushed to the emergency room.

philouze
07-28-2007, 04:41 AM
Update: Paul's fine.. Just got back home.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
07-28-2007, 05:27 AM
The title of this thread REALLY scared me, dude.

philouze
07-28-2007, 05:40 AM
Sorry, pal.. Over at the Kissfaq board, it's been madness..
Anyway, Paul's fine now.. Check kissonline today or tomorrow, as they'll post something about it..

MERRYKISSMASS2U
07-28-2007, 05:43 AM
I am not a huge KISS fan like a used to be, but there is no denying that this dude is a legend.

I am glad he's alright.

philouze
07-28-2007, 05:47 AM
I'm not a Kiss fan either.. (though I was when I was 11-12 yo !! lol) but fuck yeah, Paul's a legendary motherfucker.

Douglas T.
07-28-2007, 09:47 AM
hang in there PAUL ... hope he's rock n' rollin' all night!

Mr Badguy
07-28-2007, 12:02 PM
It`s alright.

Remember that Kiss just replace guys and they all have the same persona.

There will be a new "Paul Stanley" along soon.

MAPRamone
07-28-2007, 12:07 PM
Cocaine often increases the heartrate.

katie
07-28-2007, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by MERRYKISSMASS2U
The title of this thread REALLY scared me, dude.

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u206/Paddy_031/Nelson-Magnet-C11749619-8b4.jpg

ace diamond
07-28-2007, 02:43 PM
i was at the show last night......reall sad about paulie,but the band sure as fuck kicked ass for him!

Nitro Express
07-28-2007, 03:24 PM
I always loved how Paul got the audience going. He's like some big hallalujah preacher working up the masses.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
07-28-2007, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Mr Badguy
It`s alright.

When Paul or Gene dies, even the diehard KISS maniacs will leave the band behind.

That's like having Van Halen without David Lee Roth....

Oh wait.... :D

Nickdfresh
07-28-2007, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by ace diamond
i was at the show last night......reall sad about paulie,but the band sure as fuck kicked ass for him!

How'd they fill in for him?

Seriously, they didn't just cancel the show? What pricks!

I wonder if Gene was using this moment to shill the Kiss Coffin™?

Va Beach VH Fan
07-28-2007, 08:36 PM
Well, the guy is 55 years old, after all....

Certainly not out of the realm of possibility for a 55 year old man to have heart problems....

FORD
07-28-2007, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
How'd they fill in for him?

Seriously, they didn't just cancel the show? What pricks!

I wonder if Gene was using this moment to shill the Kiss Coffin™?

Probably had a roadie come out in his makeup and lip synced to the vocals.

Hey they got away with roadie "Ace" so why not?

This did remind me of the Who concert in 1989 though.....

The infamous Tacoma Dome show where Pete shoved the whammy bar of his guitar through his hand (ouch).

The rest of the band managed to do an encore without him, but that was the tour when Pete was claiming to be deaf and some hired gun was playing most of the leads anyway.

Unchainme
07-28-2007, 10:44 PM
I heard that on KISS Alive II..that Cheap Trick was opening in California and Bun E. Carlos almost had to fill in For Peter Criss..

franksters
07-28-2007, 11:12 PM
they asked the audience if they wnated the show to be cancelled or if they wanted a trio prformance, the crowd wanted the trio, then they played all Simmons catalog of old song. I'm sure it was an experience to see that.

Nickdfresh
07-29-2007, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by FORD
Probably had a roadie come out in his makeup and lip synced to the vocals.

Hey they got away with roadie "Ace" so why not?

This did remind me of the Who concert in 1989 though.....

The infamous Tacoma Dome show where Pete shoved the whammy bar of his guitar through his hand (ouch).

The rest of the band managed to do an encore without him, but that was the tour when Pete was claiming to be deaf and some hired gun was playing most of the leads anyway.

Ha! I saw that at Buffalo's (then) Rich Stadium...

He has tinnitus, and claimed he would not perform with an electric guitar, but then did anyway. The hired gun was "Boltz" Bolton, who was decent, but Pete eclipsed him after a while anyways. Basically, he just did solos. I also recall that they had about 30 backup musicians, which was kind of gay and very un-rock and roll. But it was spirited, good show nonetheless...

rustoffa
07-29-2007, 01:25 AM
It`s alright.

:D

It ain't KISS without Paul Stanley's wig!

binnie
07-29-2007, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by rustoffa

It ain't KISS without Paul Stanley's wig!

Damnit, that was gonna be my joke!

Great minds...

Seriously though, glad he's alright...

Mr Badguy
07-29-2007, 05:30 AM
Here`s the set (courtesy of Blabbermouth):

01. Deuce
02. Cold Gin
03. Calling Dr. Love
04. (Long Pause) Christeen Sixteen
05. Nothin' to Lose (w/ Eric Singer on vocals)
06. I Love it Loud
07. Goin' Blind
08. Watchin' You
09. She
10. Parasite
11. God of Thunder
12. Let Me Go, Rock 'N Roll
13. Black Diamond (w/ Eric Singer on vocals)
14. Rock and Roll All Night

Jack68
07-29-2007, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Ha! I saw that at Buffalo's (then) Rich Stadium...

He has tinnitus, and claimed he would not perform with an electric guitar, but then did anyway. The hired gun was "Boltz" Bolton, who was decent, but Pete eclipsed him after a while anyways. Basically, he just did solos. I also recall that they had about 30 backup musicians, which was kind of gay and very un-rock and roll. But it was spirited, good show nonetheless...
Yeah thats what we who fans as well as Townshend refer to as the who on ice tour.Horn section,backup singers.guitarist,percussionist...they played like 3 hours a night and played alot of obscure stuff.Was agreat oppurtunity to see townshend wail on the acoustic.

Terry
07-29-2007, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Jack68
Yeah thats what we who fans as well as Townshend refer to as the who on ice tour.Horn section,backup singers.guitarist,percussionist...they played like 3 hours a night and played alot of obscure stuff.Was agreat oppurtunity to see townshend wail on the acoustic.

Saw that same tour myself, and the sheer amount of backing musicians kinda overwhelmed the rest of the band for me.

Hardrock69
07-30-2007, 09:51 AM
1. Kudos to Kiss for NOT cancelling the show. They give their all for the fans (cannot deny that).

2. My best friend saw Pete shove the whammy bar through his hand at the Tacoma Dome. On the big jumbo tron screens they had set up, no less.

When a band has to have so many backup musicians that they dwarf the number of guys in the band, you know they are finished to some degree.

BEWARE OF THE GRAND PIANO AND A THOUSAND BACK UP SINGERS!!!

By the time GNR's Use Your Lose-yun came out, they had already gravitated to having a grand piano and back up musicians. In other words, Axle Grease was no longer interested in being a rock musician. He had sold out, and was going to make his fortune performing power-ballads. And that was only after their second full blown studio album! The fucking loser scum-bag. :rolleyes:

Usually it takes a band 10 years and as many albums to get to where they are playing piano onstage and having a flock of backup singers, 2 or 3 keyboard players, and some bald guy to play auxiliary percussion like Eric Clapton eventually had.

But GNR did it inside of 3 albums!

Hardrock69
07-30-2007, 11:15 AM
Here...check the show out for yourselves:

http://rs48.rapidshare.com/files/456...ino_Disc_1.zip

http://rs104.rapidshare.com/files/45676519/Disk_2.zip

Deuce
Cold Gin
Calling Dr. Love
Christine Sixteen
Nothin’ To Loose
I Love It Loud
Goin’ Blind
Watchin’ You
She
Parasite
God Of Thunder
Let Me Go, Rock ‘N’ Roll
Black Diamond
Rock And Roll All Nite

Diamondjimi
07-30-2007, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by franksters
they asked the audience if they wnated the show to be cancelled or if they wanted a trio prformance, the crowd wanted the trio, then they played all Simmons catalog of old song. I'm sure it was an experience to see that.

No show , No $$$$$$$$$$

Does it get any lamer?
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KOANXyyXUXA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KOANXyyXUXA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Talk about sheep!
"Pauls' not here , let's get a bunch of douchbags to stand around while we shluff along through Gene tunes"

It's time (once again) for KI$$ to pack it in !

FUCK YOU GENE $IMMON$ !!!

Mr Badguy
07-30-2007, 06:24 PM
Ha!

That fat guy in Paul`s make up and costume should have never been allowed on stage.

katie
07-30-2007, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Jack68

It was also worth it to see Simon Philliips play Keith Moon's drum parts (fantastic stuff!)

kenny Jones was soooo boring, it was great that The Who finally had a drummer that could actually play the Keith stuff and could also play triplets,quads and 5 note patterns on his bass drums.

A fantastic set list that will never see the light of day again.

katie
07-30-2007, 07:06 PM
double post ediited

Mr. Vengeance
07-30-2007, 08:18 PM
Not surprising that they'd go on with the show. The show must go on. Kind of cool to let some fans up to sing, even if they were awful looking.

Look for the DVD to come out...ohhhh sometime before Christmas.

tajmahal
07-30-2007, 08:30 PM
I don't know why Kiss did not have a Roadie to fill in to play the guitar parts. I realize they probably did not have enough time to put on the makeup on costumes, but they should have considered it.

Mr. Vengeance
07-30-2007, 09:55 PM
I'd be willing to bet there was one playing offstage.

Terry
07-30-2007, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by katie
It was also worth it to see Simon Philliips play Keith Moon's drum parts (fantastic stuff!)

kenny Jones was soooo boring, it was great that The Who finally had a drummer that could actually play the Keith stuff and could also play triplets,quads and 5 note patterns on his bass drums.

A fantastic set list that will never see the light of day again.

Funny thing is Kenney Jones did okay with the band live in 1979, but on the later tours and especially the first farewell tour he was fairly stiff.

Simon ran rings around Jones, but post-Moon my fave Who drummer is definitely Starkey.

Hardrock69
07-31-2007, 10:34 AM
New Links for the show:

disc 1
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UVUVL5AG

disc 2
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KB70II3Y

binnie
07-31-2007, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
I'd be willing to bet there was one playing offstage.

I reckon that's a certainty....

Hellraiser!!
07-31-2007, 11:04 PM
It ain't KISS without Paul Stanley!!

Bill Lumbergh
08-02-2007, 05:36 PM
Just stay with the solo career Paul....

katie
08-03-2007, 07:00 PM
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0451207769.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

philouze
08-04-2007, 11:21 AM
LMFAO
Good one, Katie..!!

Mr. Vengeance
08-04-2007, 11:30 AM
You're so cute Katie...

Blatant flirting from the great Mr. V.

Now, cue the "husband/boyfriend wouldn't like that" response, in 3-2-1.:D

Guys, do you notice how everytime you start talking to a hot chick, she slips in that fucking boyfriend reference in the first minute? As if she's telling you, "Don't even think about it".

"Geez, it's been so hot lately."

"Yeah, my boyfriend hates the heat."

or

"I'm actually going in to have some minor surgery."

"Really? My boyfriend hates surgery."

Why do all chicks do this?

Now back to this Paul Stanley discussion....

Hyman Roth
08-04-2007, 11:37 AM
Guys, do you notice how everytime you start talking to a hot chick, she slips in that fucking boyfriend reference in the first minute? As if she's telling you, "Don't even think about it".

...Why do all chicks do this?

Now back to this Paul Stanley discussion....

I definitely notice this. It happens to me all the time. I think its because many women misinterpret me just being friendly and killing time with conversation for me flirting with them. They bring up the boyfriend, I just steer the conversation to the subject of the boyfriend since its obviously what they want to chit-chat about...it throws them off a bit.

philouze
08-04-2007, 11:38 AM
Mmmm.. I never noticed that, Mr V.. Maybe because I don't pay attention to her posts, usually.

Mr. Vengeance
08-04-2007, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by philouze
Mmmm.. I never noticed that, Mr V.. Maybe because I don't pay attention to her posts, usually.

I didn't mean Katie has done this before. I was just expecting it, in jest. But the rest happens all the time when out in the real world.

philouze
08-04-2007, 12:39 PM
Tell me about it, dude... LMFAO
Oh, fuck, girlies, they're all alike..

Mr Badguy
08-04-2007, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Hellraiser!!
It ain't KISS without Paul Stanley!!

Or Gene, Ace and Peter!

Mr Badguy
08-04-2007, 02:31 PM
Remember Paul did the 80`s studio albums mostly without Gene so this isn`t entirely unique to have only one original member performing.

DavidLeeNatra
08-06-2007, 08:56 AM
Ha!

That fat guy in Paul`s make up and costume should have never been allowed on stage.

I thought that WAS the original paul stanley...wasn't he?

Hardrock69
08-06-2007, 09:04 AM

What hot chick? I have seen photos of her.

She is anything but.

More troll-like in appearance than anything.

Mr. Vengeance
08-06-2007, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
What hot chick? I have seen photos of her.

She is anything but.

More troll-like in appearance than anything.

I'm no longer talking about Katie at this point. I have no idea what she looks like, I was just kidding around.

I'm talking about hot chicks in general.

Hardrock69
08-06-2007, 12:02 PM
I see said the blind man....
:cool:

I shoulda caught on, because kuntie is a LESBIAN.
She has no boyfriend.

Reverberator
08-09-2007, 06:20 PM
Fuck me .

Some of 'em are trying to pull Katie now.

HAHAHAHAHA.

Nickdfresh
08-09-2007, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Hyman Roth
I definitely notice this. It happens to me all the time. I think its because many women misinterpret me just being friendly and killing time with conversation for me flirting with them. They bring up the boyfriend, I just steer the conversation to the subject of the boyfriend since its obviously what they want to chit-chat about...it throws them off a bit.

You know. Sometimes I get the opposite also. Like a girl will flirt with me or otherwise act like she likes me, and then only bring up the fact that she has "a boyfriend" when you ask them out on a date, formal or informal.

I wonder if it's easier to just ask her if she wants to fuck...