PDA

View Full Version : Any word on whether Wolfie can handle b/u vocals?

ROTHisGOD
07-30-2007, 10:56 PM
Does Anybody know if Wolfie can handle the backup vocals?I hope Dave's scream is back on track!

binnie
07-31-2007, 07:14 AM
No-one has any idea whether or not Wolfie can handle back up vocals.
There has been no information as to whether he can or not.

The consensus is split three ways:

1) Lets wait and see

2) It'll never be as good as with Mikey, this is all doomed to disaster and I want no part of it

3) Wolfie wouldn't be in the band if he couldn't handle back up vocals.

Hope that helps

if6was9
07-31-2007, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by binnie

Sammy couldn't handle vocals and he WAS in the band, so just be prepared for anything... :D

tajmahal
07-31-2007, 11:28 AM
There will have backing vocalists off stage, just like they have done with the keyboards.

I just hope the new material sees the light of day.

sadaist
07-31-2007, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by binnie

Remember the vocals on "How Many Say I"? EVH has gone tone deaf in the last decade or so.

binnie
07-31-2007, 12:38 PM
Hey fellas, I'm not saying that's what I think: I was summarizing the spectrum of views in answer to the guy's request...

ZahZoo
07-31-2007, 12:53 PM
There's no proof Wolfie can play bass, sing or even whack off effectively...

FORD
07-31-2007, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by ZahZoo
There's no proof Wolfie can play bass, sing or even whack off effectively...

He's 16. I'm sure he's got the third one by now. Not that I want to hear about it.

DLR'sCock
07-31-2007, 08:03 PM
I am sure there will be a backing vocalist or two on or off stage.

Matt White
07-31-2007, 09:15 PM
"Any word on whether Wolfie can handle b/u vocals?"

Yes...in a word.....

Redballjets88
07-31-2007, 09:18 PM
maybe, maybe not, all that matters to me is seeing dave ed and al together on stage.

bueno bob
07-31-2007, 09:40 PM
A better question is, "Any word if Van Halen is done fucking off yet?".

Myself, I've been, eh...misled by MelodiCROCK once too often to get my hopes up these days...

Mr. Optimism, that's me...

BALLYJUNKIE
08-02-2007, 07:46 AM
I DONT MIND IF THEY HAVE BACKING VOCALS OFF OR ON STAGE MOST BANDS DO NOW ANYWAY ,ROLLING STONES ECT ..... I WANNA HEAR THOSE KILLER HARMONIES ON RUNNIN WITH THE DEVIL AND DANCE THE NIGHT AWAY ..... HOPFULLY WOLFIE IS PRACTICING IN THE SHOWER ,AMONG OTHER THINGS !!!

Don Corleone
08-02-2007, 04:02 PM
There's no proof Wolfie can play bass,

Who do you thinks playing bass on the tracks over at EVHGear.com?

That's right - it's Wolfie.

ZahZoo
08-02-2007, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Don Corleone
Who do you thinks playing bass on the tracks over at EVHGear.com?

That's right - it's Wolfie.

I know... or at least that's the assumption we're all making without any official confirmation.

If it's Wolfgang... I can't assess the quality of the bass playing in those short clips. Is he carrying the whole song or was that 3 seconds the highlight of his performance..?

ROTHisGOD
08-02-2007, 11:37 PM
Tajmahal
Agreed!
I hope some of the new material gets some play!
The two songs on the BOVH Vol 1 were better than a whole helluva lot of the Hammy Hagar period.

binnie
08-03-2007, 03:04 AM
New material?

I'd like a new album but I'm not over keen on the playing stuff we've never heard live...

ZahZoo
08-03-2007, 08:52 AM
Forget Wolfie on backup vocals... Pumpkinhead is reporting at links that VH is going to use Michael Anthony's backing tracks from the original masters for this tour.

ziggysmalls
08-03-2007, 10:22 AM
Pumpkinhead knows Kevin Dugan who is Mike's bass tech.

Do you honestly think that Mike or his tech, knows what the hell is happening on this tour? Last time I checked he talked to Eddie once and that was after rehab. There have been no rumors by any insider that Mike has been involved in any way with this tour. Now we get one from a member of the Mike Navy?

Using Mike's backups would require Al to play to a click track. I can't see that happening.

Even if this was true, then Mike would be paid for his "contribution" Therefore he would be giving his blessing by consenting to this agreement. That would blow a big fucking hole to Mike's reputation since he would be nothing than a whore.

ZahZoo
08-03-2007, 12:09 PM
VH has been using Click tracks Live for years. It's all tied and queued to the programmed light shows.

Don Corleone
08-04-2007, 03:09 AM
I know... or at least that's the assumption we're all making without any official confirmation.

If it's Wolfgang... I can't assess the quality of the bass playing in those short clips. Is he carrying the whole song or was that 3 seconds the highlight of his performance..?

I know 2 guys that were at the Gathering that Ed hosted last year. Apparently Ed was playing a few tapes of him, Al and Wolfie jamming that night.

From what I've been told Wolfies meant to be okay on bass - in that he can hold the songs.

ZahZoo
08-04-2007, 12:00 PM
That's what's perculating up from the insider stuff... "Wolfie is ok on bass".

Given his age and all that's probably a realistic assessment and expectation. He's got a long road ahead of him and not much under his belt. Hopefully he's getting sound encouragement and mentoring from a playing perspective. There are a lot of excellent resources that can be made available to him.

Panamark
08-04-2007, 06:26 PM
Wolfie, just bang that fat string everytime uncle Al
kicks the bass drum, dude !!

Theres my advice for the young fella !

diamondsgirl
08-05-2007, 10:20 AM
I trust Dave and his judgement (on who should play and sing what )implicitly.

Ed...not so much.

vhwithroth
08-06-2007, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl

Ed...not so much.

I agree! Dave is a smart man!

devildogou812
08-18-2007, 06:35 PM
Yeah Wolfie just turned 16. Maybe he can hit the high notes for now but what's gonna happen when his balls drop and turns 18 or 19?! Is he still gonna be able to hit the high notes if this band keeps it together? We'll see.....

Seshmeister
08-18-2007, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl

Ed...not so much.

At least in the last few years, Dave solo was pretty obsessed with backing vocals from what I heard. He would give his band shit if anyone missed one.

Little Lamont
08-18-2007, 08:21 PM
At the press conference, Dave said Wolf's bass playing and vocals were "young, skinny, and fucking ambitious," remember?

Baby's On Fire
08-18-2007, 09:19 PM
Diamond Dave -- the man himself -- said Wolf's backing vocals are there. He said it at the press conference.

Seshmeister
08-18-2007, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Little Lamont
At the press conference, Dave said Wolf's bass playing and vocals were "young, skinny, and fucking ambitious," remember?

Yup but Dave is a salesman.:)

Little Texan
08-18-2007, 10:17 PM
They'll just bring in some female singer to do Mike's backing vocals.

Baby's On Fire
08-18-2007, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Little Texan
They'll just bring in some female singer to do Mike's backing vocals.

Are you really this stupid or is it an act?

ROTHisGOD
08-18-2007, 10:57 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/00/Evan_Stone%2C_September_2006.JPG
He(Evan) made it sound like they had a background group or track going.

ULTRAMAN VH
08-19-2007, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by ROTHisGOD
Tajmahal
Agreed!
I hope some of the new material gets some play!
The two songs on the BOVH Vol 1 were better than a whole helluva lot of the Hammy Hagar period.

If I remember correctly, someone asked them at the press conference about playing the two Best Of tunes and Dave said it wasn't going to happen. But hey, we can always hope.