X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • General Hina
    Sniper
    • Feb 2004

The final word on VH, DLR and Sammy

This is my opinion and I just want to see if you agree or disagree.
    After reading countless posts on this site I realize that people who are diehard Dave fans don't really like Van Halen they just like Dave.
    But, people who are diehard Van Halen fans like Sammy and Dave.
    The diehard Dave fans really view the first 6 Van Halen CDs as Dave solo CDs or just Dave with a backing band.
    That's how it comes across to me.
    By the way...no one likes Van Halen with Gary.

Over and Out,
    General Hina
  • Lou

I am a die hard fan of the music from 1974-1985 first and foremost. Dave was half of that.

Comment

• DLR_EngineRoom
      Veteran
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by General Hina
      This is my opinion and I just want to see if you agree or disagree.
      After reading countless posts on this site I realize that people who are diehard Dave fans don't really like Van Halen they just like Dave.
      The diehard Dave fans really view the first 6 Van Halen CDs as Dave solo CDs or just Dave with a backing band.
      That's how it comes across to me.
      By the way...no one likes Van Halen with Gary.

Over and Out,
      General Hina

Then I guess my opinion will stick out like Sammy's sore thumb after a hot night with Alex.

I think Van Halen is a very talented group. But it's like that famous analogy says:

This is your brain: Classic Van Halen
      This is your brain on drugs: Van Hagar

I'm sure they still have talent, but the chemistry, or lack of, with Sammy makes them appear less talented, both on record, and live.

Don't believe me? If you have a pulse, an open mind, and an honest point of view, just listen to the 1st 6 CDs, then the next 5 CDs with Sammy.

I've said it a thousand times before, and I'll state it again.

Cherone has always before, can now and will always KICK HAGAR's LILY WHITE ASS in any and every department.

Why is everyone so angry with Cherone? I don't know, honestly.

Extreme's first 2 albums shredded serious metal, and anyone who took an honest listen would've realized that these guys were obviously motivated and inspired by Classic Van Halen, NOT Van Hagar.

Cherone was invited by the VH Bros. to join the band. He didn't ask. He didn't beg. He was asked. So put yourself in his shoes. How many of us die-hard Roth fans that grew up LOVING the first 6 albums would turn Eddie down if we had the vocal talent? Are you kidding me?
      Cherone did nothing wrong. He got an unexpected chance to live his dream, and he took it. VH3, although different from anything VH has ever put out, was more honest than ANYTHING that VH EVER put out with Hagar. I consider VH3 to be the 7th best album that VH ever released (after, of course, the first 6 albums). Maybe because I write poetry myself. I won't lie, when I first heard that Cherone was joining VH, I was very disappointed. I thought that this Roth Reunion was written in stone, not in pencil. But then I realized that he would be MUCH better than Hagar, so I did some math. Extreme I & II + Van Halen I & II = A potentially unbelievable VH release, better than anything Hagarita's put out with VH. In some ways, I was very disappointed, but in some ways, I could feel the truth in this album. It was poetry set to music, and I can understand that if you're not a poetry fan or even strictly into hard rock, that album will be of little to no significance.

Bottom line, in my opinion.

Roth Rules
      Hagar SUCKS
      And Cherone lived his dream for one shining moment.

Roth is the ONLY vocalist for Van Halen.

Others.....need not apply
      http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t.../EddieDave.jpg
      http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...ve_ed_2007.jpg
      http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...os/TORCH_B.gif

Comment

• ALinChainz
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

I don't look at it like that at all. I am a diehard DLR fan, AND classic VH fan.

The band sounded better to me than the Sam version. Two different bands entirely.

The writing and playing was better in my opinion, and with a lot more edge.

Dave rules.
        Ed & Al are fools.
        Sammy drools.

Comment

• Big Troubles
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Lou
          I am a die hard fan of the music from 1974-1985 first and foremost. Dave was half of that.
          Yup same goes here. 2 parts to Dave. The one that made that band called Van Halen so fucking cool until Sammy put his greasy paws on it, and the Dave that continues to prove that he is the most entertaining rock star no matter how rediculous Van Hagar keep making themselves look.

Back and Forth,
          Up and Over and most importantly,
          around and around...Big Troubles.

see how silly you look Gen Hina.
          "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• General Hina
            Sniper
            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Lou

4/4 - 3/4 = 1/4

Dave was not half of VH.

Nice math skills.

Over and Out,
            General Hina

Comment

• General Hina
              Sniper
              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by DLR_EngineRoom
              Then I guess my opinion will stick out like Sammy's sore thumb after a hot night with Alex.

I think Van Halen is a very talented group. But it's like that famous analogy says:

I'm sure they still have talent, but the chemistry, or lack of, with Sammy makes them appear less talented, both on record, and live.

Don't believe me? If you have a pulse, an open mind, and an honest point of view, just listen to the 1st 6 CDs, then the next 5 CDs with Sammy.

I've said it a thousand times before, and I'll state it again.

Cherone has always before, can now and will always KICK HAGAR's LILY WHITE ASS in any and every department.

Why is everyone so angry with Cherone? I don't know, honestly.

Extreme's first 2 albums shredded serious metal, and anyone who took an honest listen would've realized that these guys were obviously motivated and inspired by Classic Van Halen, NOT Van Hagar.

Cherone was invited by the VH Bros. to join the band. He didn't ask. He didn't beg. He was asked. So put yourself in his shoes. How many of us die-hard Roth fans that grew up LOVING the first 6 albums would turn Eddie down if we had the vocal talent? Are you kidding me?
              Cherone did nothing wrong. He got an unexpected chance to live his dream, and he took it. VH3, although different from anything VH has ever put out, was more honest than ANYTHING that VH EVER put out with Hagar. I consider VH3 to be the 7th best album that VH ever released (after, of course, the first 6 albums). Maybe because I write poetry myself. I won't lie, when I first heard that Cherone was joining VH, I was very disappointed. I thought that this Roth Reunion was written in stone, not in pencil. But then I realized that he would be MUCH better than Hagar, so I did some math. Extreme I & II + Van Halen I & II = A potentially unbelievable VH release, better than anything Hagarita's put out with VH. In some ways, I was very disappointed, but in some ways, I could feel the truth in this album. It was poetry set to music, and I can understand that if you're not a poetry fan or even strictly into hard rock, that album will be of little to no significance.

Bottom line, in my opinion.

Roth Rules
              Hagar SUCKS
              And Cherone lived his dream for one shining moment.

Roth is the ONLY vocalist for Van Halen.

Others.....need not apply
              So you proved my point. You didn't like VH with Sammy, you didn't like VH with Gary.
              You only like DAVE!!
              You don't like VAN HALEN.

Over and Out,
              General Hina

PS: I actually think VH III had 3 great songs. The Gary comment was a joke.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Feb 2004

4/4 - 3/4 = 1/4

Dave was not half of VH.

Nice math skills.

Over and Out,
                General Hina
                No 1/2 was Dave
                1/2 was Ed and Al. Bros count together

and Mike was nothing more than a lifeless object.
                "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• tobinentinc
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Apr 2004

The 4 original members Ed, Al, Mike, and Dave are Van Halen. Van Halen was the best with all 4 original members. When Spammy came in they changed to accomodate him and his style. IMO this style is not Van Halen. It is Van Hagar. What would have happened if Led Zeppelin lost Robert Plant and replaced him with someone else. We would not be calling that band Led Zeppelin would we?? If Paul left the Beatles and was replaced by someone else would they still have been called the beatles?? No! So while I enjoy Van Hagar, I love Van Halen there is no subsitute for Dave, it's not the same band. As for Gary eh
                  http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip...hics/sines.gif http://images.google.com/images?q=tb...m/kissarmy.jpg http://images.google.com/images?q=tb...ve/vhlogo1.gif

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by DLR_EngineRoom
                    Uh...no...

This is your brain: Van Hagar

This is your brain on drugs: Classic Van Halen

You see...VH?...Classic VH...is all about a state of insanity only brought on by a druglike state...

The sober folk...the appropriate folk...the boring folk that look towards the wonders of breakfast, lunch and dinner...the white picket fence...they look forward to Sham and the Chirellas...

The unsober...the folk that eat cheerios and beer for breakfast...have 2 donuts, a half eaten bagel from a week ago...and a can of beans for lunch...then drink their dinner...the ones that overstate their bounds and generally do things out of the ordinary...

there's your Classic VH fans...

People say you aren't a fan of VH if you don't like both the Dave and the Shitowski Chirella version aren't fans of VH...just fans of Dave...

I say fuck that...

The Beatles had it right...don't put anything out unless the original 4 were left...going so far as using a fucking remastered tape for Lennon then forcing the world to have to listen to the screeching of someone else fronting their band...or worse...their going to a 3-piece...

Van Halen?...they had it all wrong...get a new lead singer...keep the original name...move into a new...mellow version of a band that was bred in backyards...a band that was bred to get you so fired up you fucked until blunt-force trauma stopped you...was relegated to whispering sweet nothings into your lover's ear...dreaming about whispering sweet nothings into your lover's ear...or, we can't forget, celebrating about the here and now, and the joys of a clear soft-drink that tastes like shit...

Yeah...true VH fans are the ones that except that as Van Halen...

You couldn't be further from the truth...
                    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• cwsmith17
                      Sniper
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Lou
                      Dave was a quarter of that.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

quarter...half...whatever...say what you want...

what Roth was...during that time...was part of legends...

that group...during that time...stuff that lives on forever...

so now...you have Roth solo...great stuff...not legendary...but great stuff nonetheless...Roth is the same as he's always been...he brings what he brings to the table...has the same personality...the same edge...some people say that's ridiculous...I say...fuck it...it's who he is...

schtick is something that you have for a bit...then move on to something new...

what you are is something that you continue to be...so hammer Roth if you will...but a legend he is...and a legend he will be...

Eddie, Michael and Alex...well..legends as well...part of that original line-up...they've certainly changed...Ed's stepped out on his own, and stepped in dogshit every step of the way. He added the red rocker, who writes lyrics that evoke thoughts of butterflies and dancing ferries in a field...then added a dancing ferry in a field...

Now yes...a couple of times...they've dreamed of greatness...but wonderful Heineken keeps realizing that VH's greatness may outshadow that plastic hip of his...so that dream dissipated while ed was sitting on his shitter recording sonnets...

what do we get? Well of course...the final product of all those shits...

another greatest hits album...and a dude that just has to sing about Cherone...

Outstanding...I can't wait...
                        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• General Hina
                          Sniper
                          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by tobinentinc
                          The 4 original members Ed, Al, Mike, and Dave are Van Halen. Van Halen was the best with all 4 original members. When Spammy came in they changed to accomodate him and his style. IMO this style is not Van Halen. It is Van Hagar. What would have happened if Led Zeppelin lost Robert Plant and replaced him with someone else. We would not be calling that band Led Zeppelin would we?? If Paul left the Beatles and was replaced by someone else would they still have been called the beatles?? No! So while I enjoy Van Hagar, I love Van Halen there is no subsitute for Dave, it's not the same band. As for Gary eh
                          Led Zeppelin and the Beatles are in a whole different category than Van Halen. You cannpt compare them. Van Halen could only wish to be as influentual Zep and the Fab 4.

Later,
                          General Hina

Comment

• Golden AWe
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

Van Hagar...Can Hagar!!!
                            Originally posted by Cato
                            Golden, why are you FAT?
                            Originally posted by lesfunk
                            Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
                            http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• Panamark
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

Re: The final word on VH, DLR and Sammy

Over and Out,
                              General Hina
                              That is wrong on so many levels.
                              BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                              Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

Working...