PDA

View Full Version : Paper: 'air America' Misses Payroll; More Turbulence At Lib Talk Net

lucky wilbury
05-07-2004, 12:47 AM
http://www.drudgereport.com/flash5.htm

PAPER: 'AIR AMERICA' MISSES PAYROLL; MORE TURBULENCE AT LIB TALK NET
Thu May 06 2004 23:59:55 ET

In yet another sign of trouble for Air America Radio, the liberal talk network entering its fifth chaotic week on the air, co-founder and chairman Evan Cohen resigned Thursday, as did vice-chairman and investor Rex Sorensen.

The CHICAGO TRIBUNE is planning to report in fresh editions: The company also failed to make its scheduled payroll, leaving its staff roughly 100 radio personalities, writers, and producers unpaid until Thursday.

The departures of Cohen, a former political operative from Guam who was among the network's initial investors, and Sorenson, an investor who owns radio stations in Guam, mark the second executive shake-up at the fledgling network in as many weeks.

Developing...

ELVIS
05-07-2004, 01:08 AM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/afp/20040416/capt.sge.hng05.160404004427.photo00.default-278x352.jpg

Not as easy as Rush makes it seem huh ???

:elvis:

Lincoln
05-07-2004, 01:22 AM
Maybe Air America should poor more money into the problem, oh wait a minute this isn't tax funded. They actually have to attract advertisers based on their vast audience. Yeah right.

Ally_Kat
05-07-2004, 02:13 AM
Has anyone here listened to Air America? All the times I come across it (mainly at school) they are talking about only one topic and everyone (host, guest, caller) agrees. Sounds like a huge infocommercial. And I'm guessing that's what it is until November. Then I think it'll disappear from the airwaves.

Ally_Kat
05-07-2004, 02:16 AM
and they should stop airing outdated TV spot commercials. They don't get paid for those.

Viking
05-07-2004, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat:

Sounds like a huge infocommercial.

It is, my dear. Unlike Limbaugh, Hannity, Liddy, et al, they have to PAY for their air time. Other radio commentators are paid big bucks by their syndicators to carry their show; Err America has been paying on a station-by-station basis to get theirs on the airwaves. In essence, it's a paid left-wing infommercial, bypassing campaign finance laws under the guise of an FCC-sanctioned broadcast. Of course, the Democrat Party's liberal sugar daddies (and their lackeys like Franken) simply can't grasp the concept of free market capitalism (a symptom of their fucked-up, incomprehensible dogma). They have no marketable product to sell. They don't entertain, nor do they project a message. Media advertising is BIG BUSINESS - the market share determines your viability. It's the difference between having a throng of reporters sticking microphones in your face, looking for a sound bite, and the sales department telling you to fork over cash to print your rant on page 37 of the local newspaper. I don't consider it out of the realm of possibility for them to ask for a government bailout (on the taxpayer's dime) - it would be totally in character for them. The most obscene part of that is, we're already funding their propaganda - it's called National Public Radio.