PDA

View Full Version : Damnit! This is Hell...

Unchainme
08-02-2007, 07:46 PM
Okay..I live in the Cleveland Area, And I've been down to the Hall of Fame Game, Museum, The Practices, The Parade,...I've EVEN PLAYED HIGH SCHOOL BALL IN THAT VERY STADIUM! It's a big deal around here to say the least...And The NFL Network is carrying the Game...Which Fucking Sucks, Because The NFL Network and Time Warner are in a stupid little fight, :rolleyes:...So a Game thats the first game of the season, That I could've bought tickets and been to the stadium in no time at all..I can't watch on tv! Unfrickingbelievable...BTW..Poj. And Va. I know it's the Steelers..But It's football! And its pretty cool to see them play at a stadium, I've played at myself.

Va Beach VH Fan
08-02-2007, 08:37 PM
Tell ya what bud, I'll let ya know how it turns out.... ;)

Unchainme
08-02-2007, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
Tell ya what bud, I'll let ya know how it turns out.... ;)

Thanks Man...:)

Have a good time in Canton, if you are there?...The field is pretty neat, a lot of history there..

redblkwht
08-03-2007, 02:21 AM
Dude seriously, open your wallet & get direct tv..

nfl network is well worth it, i dig the tues weds replays of the best 4 NFL games of that week..

you wont have regrets ;)

GO-SPURS-GO
08-03-2007, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by redblkwht
get direct tv..

Dish Network is better! For me, Direct TV was horrible. I would lose the signal when it would sprinkle. I have Dish Network for a year now and I have lost the signal about 4 times, for a total of about 20 minutes. And in San Antonio it is cheaper than Time Warner and Direct TV. Just my 2 cents....

Va Beach VH Fan
08-03-2007, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Unchainme
Thanks Man...:)

Have a good time in Canton, if you are there?...The field is pretty neat, a lot of history there..

I was considering it, but I'll actually be in the 'Burgh on the 16th-17th now.... Then going back down to D.C. on the 18th for Steelers/Skins....

Va Beach VH Fan
08-03-2007, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
Dish Network is better! For me, Direct TV was horrible. I would lose the signal when it would sprinkle.

I bet you had a misadjusted dish. I've had DirectTV for 8 years now and the only times I lose the signal is when it is a torrential downpour....

svrwthr
08-03-2007, 04:53 PM
Let football go to pay per view fucking Packers are gonna suck again this year anyways. I'd rather be watching a lame movie. 6 - 10 is my prediction. If they are lucky.

ALinChainz
08-03-2007, 09:26 PM
I bet you had a misadjusted dish. I've had DirectTV for 8 years now and the only times I lose the signal is when it is a torrential downpour....

Exactly the same here.

Plus you cannot get NFL with Dish Network, although this year I am telling them to get bent.

GO-SPURS-GO
08-04-2007, 03:48 AM
Originally posted by ALinChainz

Plus you cannot get NFL with Dish Network.

Yes you can Al. I'm watching it right now. That's the reason why I told Time Warner to kiss my butt. My wife still gives me crap about getting Direct TV so I can watch only 1 game on NFL Network last year. The Cowboys and Falcons. I think Direct TV has more HD TV too. Take care..

redblkwht
08-04-2007, 11:08 AM
I bet you had a misadjusted dish. I've had DirectTV for 8 years now and the only times I lose the signal is when it is a torrential downpour.... I contemplated
for a while & my decision was right my bill is cheaper too, no problems like VA said,
i agree, we've had no probs & its been a year.:D

IMO cable sucks & they know its just a matter of time, till they fold.

svrwthr, unless your a local in GB its been like this for years bro. lol

knuckleboner
08-04-2007, 12:19 PM
I was considering it, but I'll actually be in the 'Burgh on the 16th-17th now.... Then going back down to D.C. on the 18th for Steelers/Skins....

believe i'm going to that one as well. go skins!

chi-town324
08-04-2007, 12:38 PM
you cant get every single game on dish...you get alot from all the locals, but not every game...Directv is the only way...plus the 75 HD channels coming in Sept

Va Beach VH Fan
08-04-2007, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by knuckleboner
believe i'm going to that one as well. go skins!

I'll be the one with the Steelers shirt.... ;)

Me and 40,000 others..... :D

ALinChainz
08-04-2007, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
Yes you can Al. I'm watching it right now. That's the reason why I told Time Warner to kiss my butt. My wife still gives me crap about getting Direct TV so I can watch only 1 game on NFL Network last year. The Cowboys and Falcons. I think Direct TV has more HD TV too. Take care..

I should have clarified.

I meant the NFL Sunday Ticket is a DirecTV exclusive.

And with the NFL network getting more games (after Thanksgiving), NBC Sunday Night, ESPN Monday Night, and the FOX and CBS stuff, you get less for what you pay with Ticket.

So I am still thinking of telling them to stick it. Less games and the price goes about every year.

chi-town324
08-04-2007, 05:09 PM
there will be 150 HD channels by next summer on Directv

GO-SPURS-GO
08-04-2007, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by ALinChainz
I should have clarified.

I meant the NFL Sunday Ticket is a DirecTV exclusive.

Sorry Al, I thought you were talking about NFL Network.:o

GO-SPURS-GO
08-04-2007, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by chi-town324

Nooooo don't tell me that. Well, after my contract expires with Dish Network, i'll have to switch AGAIN. 150 HD channels will be cool... Thanks....

TAKIN WHISKEY
08-05-2007, 06:13 PM
Plain and simple, Directv fucking rules. Sunday ticket with the added super fan is second to none. Every game every week. Most games in HD, The Red Zone channel, 30 minute every play replays, and split screen options. Man I'm sportin wood just thinking about it. LOL

chi-town324
08-05-2007, 06:21 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TAKIN WHISKEY
Plain and simple, Directv fucking rules. Sunday ticket with the added super fan is second to none. Every game every week. Most games in HD, The Red Zone channel, 30 minute every play replays, and split screen options. Man I'm sportin wood just thinking about it. LOL [/QUOT i got free superfan for the 3rd year in a row....i threatened to cancel my sunday ticket, and they gave it to me free! works every year

TAKIN WHISKEY
08-05-2007, 06:32 PM
I got my Super Fan free last year because I bitched about CBS local not broadcasting in HD. They suggested that I write to CBS and ask them to let me receive a NY or LA feed instead of Indy local non Hd feed and CBS denied me, so as a result they gave me super fan free. I think I will try that agian this year as well. ha ha

Va Beach VH Fan
08-05-2007, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by TAKIN WHISKEY
Sunday ticket with the added super fan is second to none.

That's about 350 clams, right ???

TAKIN WHISKEY
08-05-2007, 06:42 PM
$275 $225 for Sunday Ticket and $50 for Super Fan. Sf is worth it though, just for the HD alone.

TAKIN WHISKEY
08-05-2007, 06:44 PM
They bill you for the Ticket in 5 installments, so it's only an increase in payments by $45 per month. I am getting so psyched just thinking about it.

TAKIN WHISKEY
08-05-2007, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by TAKIN WHISKEY
$275 $225 for Sunday Ticket and $50 for Super Fan. Sf is worth it though, just for the HD alone.

Check that. $100 for Super Fan.

knuckleboner
08-06-2007, 09:41 AM
I'll be the one with the Steelers shirt.... ;)

Me and 40,000 others..... :D

just remember to remind ben that sean taylor effectively enforces the helmet laws in the DC region...

BrownSound1
08-20-2007, 03:01 AM
I have DirecTV too...wouldn't ever go back to cable, and only lose signal when there's a hellacious T-Storm popping up with hail and shit in it.

BITEYOASS
08-20-2007, 09:55 AM
Hell, I don't even own a TV! I just crash at somebody elses place or sportsbar that has the game on.

Viking
08-20-2007, 09:28 PM
LOL 'Skins lost, but that's cool. 12-10 to the Steelers isn't going to make me lose sleep. My late dad was a PA boy and a Steelers fan. Growing up between the two cities, I've always been a burgundy-and-gold-guy, but I've always kept the Steelers as my AFC backup when the 'Skins find a way to SNATCH DEFEAT FROM THE JAWS OF FUCKING VICTORY!!!!!!! :mad: :D Shit, I was there when they scrimmaged at FSU and Cory Raymer broke his fucking leg. On the 50 yard line, at that. That boy wuz in a world of hurt. At the end of the game, all the players on both teams walked back to the locker rooms, except Chip Lohmiller, who rode on the back of the coaches' golf cart. I thought, typical pussy kicker. Christ forbid he might break a sweat in that 90 degree heat. Candyass. Prolly why he ended up with the Saints the next year. :D

DLRISVH7884
08-21-2007, 04:40 AM
Originally posted by svrwthr
Let football go to pay per view fucking Packers are gonna suck again this year anyways. I'd rather be watching a lame movie. 6 - 10 is my prediction. If they are lucky.

What Someone from Packer land saying bad about the Packers?, I thought all of your cheeseheads are true fans and love and kiss their asses no matter how much they suck?
:D

DLRISVH7884
08-21-2007, 04:47 AM
Originally posted by chi-town324

You have to pay for NFL Network on comcast, I live in an appartment that the landlord won't let us have Directv or Dish network!

I hate fucking digital cable it cast more than a dish, no NFL Sunday and less HD channels.