PDA

View Full Version : Corporate Bastards

Susie Q
08-02-2007, 11:01 PM
Well, I gotta vent. Where better to do that than here, eh?
I moved from the country and back into the city. I had "Frontier" phone and internet service. With this it came with a year free of Dish Network. Here goes my 8 month relationship with these fucks:

Susie decides she would like to go be a country mouse. Being the ever thrifty mouse, she decides to do some research calling all the providers to get the best deals.

Frontier space cadet says "We can give you 3 months free internet, and either one year dish OR a dell computer."

Susie says, "WOW!! What is the bill each month."

Frontier space cadet says, "It should be about $60 a month."

Susie says, "MAN, Time Warner's best deal was $126 a month. Are there any hidden charges or fees?"

Frontier cadet says, "No. The only thing is if you decide to cancel your account with us and you move to someplace that has us as your carrier, you will be charged a EARLY TERMINATION FEE. So, what I am saying is, if you move out of the area you won't be charged any termination fees if we are not a carrier in that area."

Susie says, "Wow, well....I'll take the deal!" "Do you carry a international plan? Where I can call overseas?"

Frontier Cadet says, "Why yes, it is $10 a month, 7 cents a minute."

Susie says, "Great....add that too."

First months bill, was NOT $60, it was more like $136. Not what I expected. Called the chick back, left a message. No call back. I call again, and ask for the cadets extension (cause I kept the paper I doodled on) and they said her duties were changed and she is on an other project. The chick said, "Can I help you?" I said, Yes....and begin to tell her my story. She said, "I have never heard of such a package deal." You would either get the dell or the free dish for a year. Not the internet as well. So, this will be your charge each month. I said after being pissed so much, ok. Next month, a new bill...even more expensive. Being MORE pissed off.....What is the fuckin' deal THIS time? Well....ends up being the international calling was not added on to my bill and it is 95 cents a minute to talk to Pop. Great I say...just fuckin' great.

moving along in the story.....8 months later....Susie decides to move back IN to the city and near Ozzy Fudd, Mrs. Fudd, Fudd Jr. and Cat Jesus.

Susie calls Frontier to CANCEL the account, and to pay the 'final bill'. They say, "Thank you, here is your confirmation number, we will send a box for the equiptment."

Moving along another month.....

I get a bill from 7/5/07-9/5/07 from Dish Network. They are billing me for 2 months advance. Their price? $143. I was like...what?? I cancelled this shit back in June. What's all this about? So I called Frontier and said, "what the hell is this all about?" Here is their lovely response:

When you cancelled with us you were supposed to cancel with Dish. I said, "But I initially set up the package deal with you guys. I thought once I cancelled with you, that it was all done." I said, I have yet to get a final bill as well, I know it should be something around $112. She said, "Wait a minute and I will check" She comes back on the line and tells me in a flat affect, "Your balance is $1070.00." I nearly dropped the fucking phone!! WHAT?!?!??!?!?! She said, "It's $100 for the unreturned modem, $200 for a unreturned digital box for dish, $300 early termination fee for the phone, $300 for early termination fee for the internet, last months partial bill $112, and taxes and surcharges. I said, "I was told that there was not going to be any early termination fees if I moved into a area where Frontier was not a carrier." She says, "Well...you were misinformed. Only by natural disaster are you not bound by your contract that you signed." I said, "I did NOT SIGN ANY CONTRACT!!" Well, it was a verbal contract. I said, "I never APPROVED of ANY contract stating all this misinformed bullshit!!" Well maam, I don't know what to tell you. I am IRRATE by this time. I said, well maybe your SUPERVISOR can tell me something different. She says, well...he will tell you the same thing." He comes on and says the same rhetorical bullshit. I come out with this schpeel, "I'll tell you what, I CANNOT afford $1070, and I REFUSE to pay this on false pretenses, and I will tell you another thing, I am NOT the type of person you can sweep under the carpet and be done with. I will contact the Attorney General, The better business buearu, the local newspapers, the local news channels, and I even belong to a website where I will make it known who have over 10,000 members. This is BULLSHIT!!! I feel like I am being raped.

He says, "maam...the best I can do is take $200 off of your account." I said, "the best you are going to do is take the whole fuckin' thing off my account!" I cannot authorize any more than that, he says nervously. He said that he will have HIS Supervisor call me between 3-5 EST on Friday. No one called. I call back on Monday, to get, "Well...due to the fact that the person who initially took your information neglected to note your account of the termination fees, we can delete them from your account. However, you will be responsible then for 8 months of Dish at $49 a month, and a total of $145 for the internet for the three months. It will end up being the same amount. I told them I am not happy with this shit either. I will get back to these fucking clowns, recharged and back at bat. FUCK THE CORPORATE bullshit!!

The End.....or is it?

Stay tuned

P. S. I know I will get a "Sorry, what was that, I wasn't paying attention" from Sarge's Little Helper, but...there was no way of shortening this novel without giving the full details.

Sarge's Little Helper
08-02-2007, 11:01 PM
Well, I gotta vent. Where better to do that than here, eh?
I moved from the country and back into the city. I had "Frontier" phone and internet service. With this it came with a year free of Dish Network. Here goes my 8 month relationship with these fucks:

Susie decides she would like to go be a country mouse. Being the ever thrifty mouse, she decides to do some research calling all the providers to get the best deals.

Frontier space cadet says "We can give you 3 months free internet, and either one year dish OR a dell computer."

Susie says, "WOW!! What is the bill each month."

Frontier space cadet says, "It should be about $60 a month."

Susie says, "MAN, Time Warner's best deal was $126 a month. Are there any hidden charges or fees?"

Frontier cadet says, "No. The only thing is if you decide to cancel your account with us and you move to someplace that has us as your carrier, you will be charged a EARLY TERMINATION FEE. So, what I am saying is, if you move out of the area you won't be charged any termination fees if we are not a carrier in that area."

Susie says, "Wow, well....I'll take the deal!" "Do you carry a international plan? Where I can call overseas?"

Frontier Cadet says, "Why yes, it is $10 a month, 7 cents a minute."

Susie says, "Great....add that too."

First months bill, was NOT $60, it was more like $136. Not what I expected. Called the chick back, left a message. No call back. I call again, and ask for the cadets extension (cause I kept the paper I doodled on) and they said her duties were changed and she is on an other project. The chick said, "Can I help you?" I said, Yes....and begin to tell her my story. She said, "I have never heard of such a package deal." You would either get the dell or the free dish for a year. Not the internet as well. So, this will be your charge each month. I said after being pissed so much, ok. Next month, a new bill...even more expensive. Being MORE pissed off.....What is the fuckin' deal THIS time? Well....ends up being the international calling was not added on to my bill and it is 95 cents a minute to talk to Pop. Great I say...just fuckin' great.

moving along in the story.....8 months later....Susie decides to move back IN to the city and near Ozzy Fudd, Mrs. Fudd, Fudd Jr. and Cat Jesus.

Susie calls Frontier to CANCEL the account, and to pay the 'final bill'. They say, "Thank you, here is your confirmation number, we will send a box for the equiptment."

Moving along another month.....

I get a bill from 7/5/07-9/5/07 from Dish Network. They are billing me for 2 months advance. Their price? $143. I was like...what?? I cancelled this shit back in June. What's all this about? So I called Frontier and said, "what the hell is this all about?" Here is their lovely response:

When you cancelled with us you were supposed to cancel with Dish. I said, "But I initially set up the package deal with you guys. I thought once I cancelled with you, that it was all done." I said, I have yet to get a final bill as well, I know it should be something around $112. She said, "Wait a minute and I will check" She comes back on the line and tells me in a flat affect, "Your balance is $1070.00." I nearly dropped the fucking phone!! WHAT?!?!??!?!?! She said, "It's $100 for the unreturned modem, $200 for a unreturned digital box for dish, $300 early termination fee for the phone, $300 for early termination fee for the internet, last months partial bill $112, and taxes and surcharges. I said, "I was told that there was not going to be any early termination fees if I moved into a area where Frontier was not a carrier." She says, "Well...you were misinformed. Only by natural disaster are you not bound by your contract that you signed." I said, "I did NOT SIGN ANY CONTRACT!!" Well, it was a verbal contract. I said, "I never APPROVED of ANY contract stating all this misinformed bullshit!!" Well maam, I don't know what to tell you. I am IRRATE by this time. I said, well maybe your SUPERVISOR can tell me something different. She says, well...he will tell you the same thing." He comes on and says the same rhetorical bullshit. I come out with this schpeel, "I'll tell you what, I CANNOT afford $1070, and I REFUSE to pay this on false pretenses, and I will tell you another thing, I am NOT the type of person you can sweep under the carpet and be done with. I will contact the Attorney General, The better business buearu, the local newspapers, the local news channels, and I even belong to a website where I will make it known who have over 10,000 members. This is BULLSHIT!!! I feel like I am being raped.

He says, "maam...the best I can do is take $200 off of your account." I said, "the best you are going to do is take the whole fuckin' thing off my account!" I cannot authorize any more than that, he says nervously. He said that he will have HIS Supervisor call me between 3-5 EST on Friday. No one called. I call back on Monday, to get, "Well...due to the fact that the person who initially took your information neglected to note your account of the termination fees, we can delete them from your account. However, you will be responsible then for 8 months of Dish at $49 a month, and a total of $145 for the internet for the three months. It will end up being the same amount. I told them I am not happy with this shit either. I will get back to these fucking clowns, recharged and back at bat. FUCK THE CORPORATE bullshit!!

The End.....or is it?

Stay tuned

P. S. I know I will get a "Sorry, what was that, I wasn't paying attention" from Sarge's Little Helper, but...there was no way of shortening this novel without giving the full details.

Oops. I wasn't paying attention. Tell me again what is going on.

Hardrock69
08-02-2007, 11:34 PM
Fuck those motherfuckers!
:mad:

blonddgirl777
08-02-2007, 11:48 PM
Ho but; "We appologize Susie...", "We're really sorry...", "Blah, blah, blah..."
Now THAT should make you feel better, right?

Like I said: http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48268&perpage=30&pagenumber=2

blonddgirl777
08-02-2007, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Susie Q
... Being the ever thrifty mouse, she decides to do some research calling all the providers to get the best deals...

At least, the American mice have the opportunity to shop around...
The Canadian mice have no choice but to give their money to "Bell Canada" who has the monopoly...

Just try to imagine the kind of "service" you get when your second choice is to have no phone line at all!

Sure, there are cell phones and some cies. are starting to install regular phone lines (in some places) but "Bell Canada" are still the most competitive in their prices so they know that they can treat their costumers like shit (or NOT treat them at all)! :mad:

blonddgirl777
08-03-2007, 12:00 AM
The beat way to steel money is to do it legally... some corporations spend a lot of time and put a lot of efforts and research into that!

Susie Q
08-03-2007, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by blonddgirl777
At least, the American mice have the opportunity to shop around...
The Canadian mice have no choice but to give their money to "Bell Canada" who has the monopoly...

Just try to imagine the kind of "service" you get when your second choice is to have no phone line at all!

Sure, there are cell phones and some cies. are starting to install regular phone lines (in some places) but "Bell Canada" are still the most competitive in their prices so they know that they can treat their costumers like shit (or NOT treat them at all)! :mad:

Man, that's some shit too blondgirl. WTF, eh? Corporations are known as 'the man'. I keep getting ass raped by the man on a daily basis. I wish there was something more legal I could do to bring these bastards down.:mad:

Ally_Kat
08-03-2007, 12:08 AM
deffy time to lawyer up. They're trying to get as much as they can from you

Susie Q
08-03-2007, 12:08 AM
Ho but; "We appologize Susie...", "We're really sorry...", "Blah, blah, blah..."
Now THAT should make you feel better, right?

Like I said: http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48268&perpage=30&pagenumber=2

Yah I HATE that shit too! The press this, press that, for english press one, for espanol press two. It takes 10 minutes on the phone to talk to a LIVE person! ONLY to get put on hold to talk to a fucking machine. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Susie Q
08-03-2007, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
deffy time to lawyer up. They're trying to get as much as they can from you

Ally, I wanna bring them down SOOOO much. If I could afford a lawyer I would do that.

Sprint did the same ass fuck. My "original" bill was only $39. They hit me with early termination fee and a fee for their "Free" phone. My bill for them cunts is now $570.

Can you tell I am pent up with some serious aggression? I had to take a break from the phone and battles with the corporate bastards before I end up in the hospital in cardiac arrest!!

Susie Q
08-03-2007, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
Fuck those motherfuckers!
:mad:

Thanks Hardrock for being pissed with me. Sometimes it just helps that other people are pissed off with you. :)

blonddgirl777
08-03-2007, 12:46 AM
... I had to take a break from the phone and battles with the corporate bastards before I end up in the hospital in cardiac arrest!!

When a "mi$take" happens on one of my bills (and boy, they do happen)... I just feel like crying!
Just to think that I'm gonna have to deal with "the man" for however long on the phone and all that to be given a bullshit appology in the end!

With "Bell Canada", you get to speak with Emily... the automated bitch just makes you want to throw your phone on the wall... if only she would actually exist, we could go and kick her ass!

That's the problem with those faceless corps... there is never anybody to take the blame, no one can help you and all they can do is to FEEL sorry for you... :rolleyes:

I swear if I ever hear that robot telling me she's sorry... I'll end up on the 6 o'clock news!

Ally_Kat
08-03-2007, 02:37 AM
Ally, I wanna bring them down SOOOO much. If I could afford a lawyer I would do that.

Sprint did the same ass fuck. My "original" bill was only $39. They hit me with early termination fee and a fee for their "Free" phone. My bill for them cunts is now $570.

Can you tell I am pent up with some serious aggression? I had to take a break from the phone and battles with the corporate bastards before I end up in the hospital in cardiac arrest!!

Local news stations. I'm serious. Down here, each channel has their own version of an investigative team. Ask Asa, Help Me Howard, Shame on you, etc, etc.

Check and see if one of your local tv news teams has such a thing. Most people who go that route get their issues solved AND there's all that bad press out there ;)

FORD
08-03-2007, 04:17 AM

With "Bell Canada", you get to speak with Emily... the automated bitch just makes you want to throw your phone on the wall... if only she would actually exist, we could go and kick her ass!

We could let Arielle kick her ass. :cool:

blonddgirl777
08-03-2007, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by FORD
We could let Arielle kick her ass. :cool:

In mud! :rolleyes: :p

Ozzy Fudd
08-03-2007, 10:31 AM

LMAO i can never tell a story in short....must be sumthin in thhhh gene pool, you know i think it could be geriatric. what ever the fuck it was that day when you know how was lettin her intelligence shine.

Ozzy Fudd
08-03-2007, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
Local news stations. I'm serious. Down here, each channel has their own version of an investigative team. Ask Asa, Help Me Howard, Shame on you, etc, etc.

Check and see if one of your local tv news teams has such a thing. Most people who go that route get their issues solved AND there's all that bad press out there ;)
Beautifull ally, sue use the channel 6 people they always flame Corporate Bastards. let them fry these assholes too.

Angel
08-07-2007, 01:25 PM
Hey, BG. There's no Bell Canada in Western Canada, that I'm aware of.

We have Telus in BC & Alberta, and Sasktel in Sask.

blonddgirl777
08-07-2007, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Angel
Hey, BG. There's no Bell Canada in Western Canada, that I'm aware of.

We have Telus in BC & Alberta, and Sasktel in Sask.

Well Good for you, because they suck!
Here, Telus is only for mobile phones and I never heard of Sasklel...

I really thought that Bell Canada was deserving the whole country.

But Angel, do you have options between many cies. or do you HAVE TO deal with Sasktel?

Sweet Irony
08-07-2007, 09:37 PM
I hope you can get this straight....and not owe anybody a bunch of bullshit $$

In the meantime...Hi Susie!! xooxo

Susie Q
08-07-2007, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Sweet Irony
I hope you can get this straight....and not owe anybody a bunch of bullshit $$

In the meantime...Hi Susie!! xooxo

Hey SI!! Long time no see, eh? :)

Well, I did get SOME good news....

SPRINT is another one that likes to fuck with the little people and get them with all this "early termination fee" shit. I REFUSED to pay them, and haven't for the last 6 months. I just got a bill today saying that they will drop the "termination fees" if I pay my original bill. I agreed and I am sending them the check.

Don't let NO ONE bully you or put the wool over your eyes, cause you can get justice in the end.

Now for these Frontier clowns......who knows....

Susie Q
11-20-2007, 05:44 PM
I just wanted to finish up this story that I posted a while back.

These Frontier clowns got their ass handed to them via the Better Business Bureau and my bill that ballooned up to $1138, suddenly went down to what I ORIGINALLY owed them and that was $117. In a indirect way the lady that I spoke with on the phone said that they basically wanna recoup the money that they put out for when they do these promotional offers and lose out on. Not my fuckin' problem, ya dig?

Put a cape on me and call me Super Susie!! :p LOL!!

bueno bob
11-20-2007, 06:37 PM
Don't let NO ONE bully you or put the wool over your eyes, cause you can get justice in the end.

The unfortunate side of that is that it can and usually will fuck up your credit report down the line. I had Sprint (back when they were small and shitty) do the same thing to me years back, changed the points of my service agreement (basically added up to charging for customer support), added services I never requested and wouldn't cancel them, kept turning my phone off (about every three weeks) for "extended balance" issues (meaning I had to keep paying reactivation fees), etc etc etc...the roaming rates were ridiculous, you could literally be standing in one place and go in and out of roaming and never even know it...

I took a similar stance once they told me they were going to start charging for customer support calls, after the contract that I signed said "Free customer service calls" for the duration of my agreement. Told them to go piss up a wet rope and I wanted out of my contract since they changed the points of my agreement without any input from me about it.

I took the same sort of stance with them, did the same sort of things, and all it ended up doing was fucking up my credit report for a few years. Sprint eventually fixed their problems and became a pretty decent company (in fact, I'm back with them now and have been for about two years or so), but that unpaid balance nastiness just fucked me up...so much for moral stances... :rolleyes:

Honestly, I would have been a LOT further ahead to pay it off then and just take the initial bite rather than take the high moral ground, refuse to pay them and get involved in a long and drawn out dispute. In the end, all I saved was about $250.00 (Sprint eventually caved), but it also cost me about three years of shitty credit reports due to the non payment, which ended up costing me probably ten times that in interest payments alone for other credit related purchases at a higher level.

Live and learn, I guess...sometimes you have to pick and choose your battles...

On the plus side, it looks like you made out well, Sue...good on ya!

Get Comcast...lol...

Susie Q
11-20-2007, 06:48 PM
Thanks Bob :) Yah, I checked the credit report and Sprint kernts put it so that I 'settled' with them on the credit report. Therefore my credit report ails a bit.

Frontier were in the wrong, knew they were, and knew I wasn't gonna back down. I should have done the same thing with Sprint and their termination fees. But...live n' learn I guess.

DirtyDeeds
11-20-2007, 11:10 PM
I don't know how much help this will be to any people having these sorts of problems, but here is a little article about this sort of stuff.

http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/Savinganddebt/consumeractionguide/P135866.asp

Here's an even cooler link (included in the above article). It is a database of all the phone numbers of various companies. Some companies do not list their numbers in an easy-to-fine place, so this should help. Plus, this tells you how to skip the bullshit and get straight to an actual human. Granted, they will probably be from India and not speak English too well, but hopefully not.

www.gethuman.com

I had another link before that listed the addresses, email addresses, and sometimes even phone numbers of CEOs and other high-ranking suits in each company, but I can't find it. I want to find it, so I'll keep searching. That's a good way to go. Bother the top guy, and they'll drop everything and comp you all sorts of shit so that you leave them alone.

Susie Q
11-21-2007, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by DirtyDeeds
I don't know how much help this will be to any people having these sorts of problems, but here is a little article about this sort of stuff.

http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/Savinganddebt/consumeractionguide/P135866.asp

Here's an even cooler link (included in the above article). It is a database of all the phone numbers of various companies. Some companies do not list their numbers in an easy-to-fine place, so this should help. Plus, this tells you how to skip the bullshit and get straight to an actual human. Granted, they will probably be from India and not speak English too well, but hopefully not.

www.gethuman.com

I had another link before that listed the addresses, email addresses, and sometimes even phone numbers of CEOs and other high-ranking suits in each company, but I can't find it. I want to find it, so I'll keep searching. That's a good way to go. Bother the top guy, and they'll drop everything and comp you all sorts of shit so that you leave them alone.

Thanks Dirtydeeds for the link. :) I hate that press this press that shit.