PDA

View Full Version : VH?? Get it on...we are waiting!

NATEDOG001976
08-04-2007, 05:14 AM
I am a roth army vet. So excuse me if I say the obvious, but let's get this dam thing rolling! I've seen Roth solo many o' times (fuckin' rocks!) and the Sam the spam concert (I want my money back) I am drunk at the moment....but dam just give the fans what they want, Dave and Ed on the same stage. Fuck me sideways, I'm getting to old for this.

Hyman Roth
08-04-2007, 06:00 AM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/He82NBjJqf8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/He82NBjJqf8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Jérôme Frenchise
08-04-2007, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by NATEDOG001976
I am a roth army vet. So excuse me if I say the obvious, but let's get this dam thing rolling! I've seen Roth solo many o' times (fuckin' rocks!) and the Sam the spam concert (I want my money back) I am drunk at the moment....but dam just give the fans what they want, Dave and Ed on the same stage. Fuck me sideways, I'm getting to old for this.

This is precisely how most of us here feel... drunk or not. :D

philouze
08-04-2007, 11:17 AM
I'm getting drunk, at that point of the day. I totally second you, buddy NateDog.
As the Kinks were sayin, GIVE THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT !! (I want money, too)

bantonelli
08-04-2007, 11:40 AM
At this rate.....when the first tour stop hits, we may as well bring out the booze and the balloons...

http://www.paseniorcenters.org/community/seniors-in-action/images/superbowl-1-kittanning.jpg

"I'll Wait".....(but for how long?) ;)

Hyman Roth
08-04-2007, 11:59 AM
At least you finally learned how to spell "inevitable". :rolleyes:

philouze
08-04-2007, 12:08 PM
Bantonelli owned.. ;)

chi-town324
08-04-2007, 12:33 PM
we have been saying the same thing for 23 yrs..

DLR'sCock
08-04-2007, 01:55 PM
Watching, "Hear about it Later", from chi-town's sig, and I love how in the video that all of the vocals are re-recorded in the studio, with a sort of "live" rough feel.

I guess most or many live albums it is common practice to re-record the vocals though.

bantonelli
08-04-2007, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by philouze
Bantonelli owned.. ;)

Really, ya think so???

:rolleyes:

bantonelli
08-04-2007, 03:00 PM
Seems to always be a shadow lurking in the background on anything I post. Hmmmm....interesting..

jharp84
08-04-2007, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by philouze
Bantonelli owned.. ;)

No WAY! NEVER!! SHE DA GIRL!! :mad:

Hyman Roth
08-04-2007, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by bantonelli
Seems to always be a shadow lurking in the background on anything I post. Hmmmm....interesting..

LMFAO - don't flatter yourself, granny. Anyone can look up your previous posts and see that I ignore 99% of your bullshit.

bantonelli
08-04-2007, 04:41 PM
LOL!!

Let's be good sports and get back to NateDogg's topic....

NATEDOG001976
08-04-2007, 08:09 PM
Yeah! What the fuck??? Lol

hideyoursheep
08-04-2007, 08:27 PM
If the Stones can still get out there, I have faith and confidence that the old VH can get back out there and stickittodaman!

David Lee Rocks
08-04-2007, 08:34 PM
I sure to hell hope we dont have to wait 10 more years just to have em fuck us over again,

Terry
08-04-2007, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by David Lee Rocks
I sure to hell hope we dont have to wait 10 more years just to have em fuck us over again,

Although we probably will just the same.

Kinda a variation on "gee, I think that lyin' no-good hooker really LIKES me!".

hideyoursheep
08-04-2007, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Terry
Although we probably will just the same.

Kinda a variation on "gee, I think that lyin' no-good hooker really LIKES me!".

You don't mean....?

She doesn't?

madraoul
08-04-2007, 10:53 PM
It's the year of The Police. Since they're on their way to Europe now, I expect some kind of VH hype machine to get rolling soon.

Terry
08-04-2007, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by hideyoursheep
You don't mean....?

She doesn't?

Secretly she does;)

08-05-2007, 10:28 AM
I think the only reason Ed has agreed to tour with Dave as frontman, is
for closure on the Dave issue! Dave has said that neither, he or Ed will never be taken seriously as solo artists, until there is closure on the reunion. I`m sorry to say, I don`t think there will ever be a whole new studio album with Dave because history has shown that they just can`t get along. Dave and Ed are both too egotistical to give on anything in the creative process. They have failed to make a whole new album together on 3 occassions because of these reasons. We might get 2 or 3 new tracks on a compilation, but a new album, forget it. There will never be a whole new album with Sam for the same reasons. The 3 new tracks with Sam on BOBW took ages to complete.
I think the future for Van Halen will be in touring like the stones.

08-05-2007, 10:43 AM
I think the creative proccess of writing and recording a new album is too confrontational for Ed and Dave, and even Sam and Ed, thats why their only going to perform their back catalouge. Ed and Dave`s personalities will never change.
So after these shows with Dave, there will probably be a tour with both Sam and Ed if Dave lasts the prior tour.
So in terms of a new studio album Ed will need to hire a forth singer.
I can`t see the fans accepting a forth singer, so I believe we will see relentless touring ove the next few years. Remember though, Dave is 8 years younger than Sam, so Sam will no go on for much longer!

chi-town324
08-05-2007, 03:34 PM
so much optimism after 23 yrs...WOW

hideyoursheep
08-05-2007, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by madraoul
It's the year of The Police.
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g136/jah0504d1/RonWhite1.jpg

"I don't think so, Scooter.."

diamondsgirl
08-05-2007, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by 113
I think the only reason Ed has agreed to tour with Dave as frontman, is
for closure on the Dave issue! Dave has said that neither, he or Ed will never be taken seriously as solo artists, until there is closure on the reunion. I`m sorry to say, I don`t think there will ever be a whole new studio album with Dave because history has shown that they just can`t get along. Dave and Ed are both too egotistical to give on anything in the creative process. They have failed to make a whole new album together on 3 occassions because of these reasons. We might get 2 or 3 new tracks on a compilation, but a new album, forget it. There will never be a whole new album with Sam for the same reasons. The 3 new tracks with Sam on BOBW took ages to complete.
I think the future for Van Halen will be in touring like the stones.

I think with the booze aside and all the former resentments lifted, these two could get along now. Look at Dave and Al going out together...and smiling!!! :D

I am really hoping that its the new music that is delaying the tour. Maybe they are in the final stages of recording or something.

I know, I know, keep smokin' DG...:smoke2:

MAX
08-06-2007, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl
I know, I know, keep smokin' DG...:smoke2:

Well, I already know that you're "smokin'" ;)

Anyhoo, wanna share another drag off my ciggy? :smoke: