Will Ticket Brokers make it Unaffordable for some of Us?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • firestarter
    Head Fluffer
    • Jan 2004

Will Ticket Brokers make it Unaffordable for some of Us?

those bastards are cornering the market on hot tickets.
  • binnie
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2006

The price of the tickets will relate to predicted demand: if promoters think that they will sell out venues with ease, then tickets will be sky-high.

It's a sad fact of life, but I reckon bank accounts will be damaged...
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• firestarter
      Head Fluffer
      • Jan 2004

they should limit 2 per customer or some other way!!

Comment

• Apocalypso
        Groupie
        • Aug 2007

Anyone who wants to catch a show will have no problem getting tickets at a decent price unless they're playing clubs.

The toughest markets will be the big cities, Chicago, Boston, NYC, LA and especiallys Las Vegas (because everything's a tough ticket in Vegas).

Ticket brokers aren't the place to get decent seats anymore anyway. Look to eBay if you miss out on Ticketmaster.

What would be really nice is if they made the floor GA standing so people could get as close (or far) from the stage as they're willing to hassle with crowds. That also keeps the ticket resellering price fairly reasonable.

T.B.

Comment

• Angel
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

When the stones played here last year, all the scalpers grabbed up the tickets for the first show in record time. So the Stones threw on another show. The scalpers took a bath. I bought my ticket at the stadium the night of the first show. Printed price on ticket: $130. My price: $60.00.

Won't happen this time though... if they play either Regina or Saskatoon (either is doubtful)... I'll be paying the huge bucks.
          "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Ellyllions
            Veteran
            • Mar 2006

Another tactic used by scalpers (especially in big cities) is paying homeless folk to stand in line and buy tickets.

As much as I'd love to see Van Halen with David fronting, I'm not going into debt for tickets. I can live without it just like I did with The Police. I got caught up in "hype" once before and splurged. Learned my lesson and won't repeat it.

If they're over a certain price...face value...then I'll sit it out. Too many good bands out there who have reasonably priced tickets to pay an exhorbant amount for a show that will more than likely be sold as a DVD and distributed next year.
            "If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace." - Hamilton Fish

Comment

• Bonzo1026
              Roadie
              • Feb 2007

Well I have one special credit card that I've kept for years with a zero balance on it which is technically my Zeppelin reunion credit card because God knows how much those fuckin tix will be if it ever happens. BUT, I will use it for this VH show because this is right up there with me as far as waiting so long and never thinking it would ever happen.

Scalpers have totally fuckin ruined it all. Not as much as these stuffed shirts and fuckin salesmen that have access to club boxes and great seats through their company. Corporate fucks. Next time you go to a concert, look in the first few rows and tell me ANY of 'em are even fans. Just trying to get laid and impress some cunt that doesn't even know who the band is. They usually leave after a while(or at least when the roofies start to kick in). Granted some of the seats are comps for the bands and shit but you can tell the difference.

I used to "sleep out" for seats and used to get great ones until about the late '80's. Anybody remember sleeping out for tix? THAT was a better fucking party than the tailgate on the night of the show.

Oh well. long story short, if they come to Philly, I'm fucking there.
              Last edited by Bonzo1026; 08-07-2007, 04:05 PM.

Comment

• Bonzo1026
                Roadie
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by firestarter
                those bastards are cornering the market on hot tickets.
                Don't forget about the fuckin radio stations who have them "before they go on sale".

So I have to listen to Foghat and Fleetwood fuckin Mac all day just so I can get my chance to be the 9th fuckin caller.
                Last edited by Bonzo1026; 08-07-2007, 04:06 PM.

Comment

• redblkwht
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Im hoping this time they give us a shot before the casual fan/broker
                  to pre buy our tix like U2 & the police did..

EUAS

Comment

Working...