PDA

View Full Version : Do You Think Dave is Happy There is No Mike (apparently)

Nickdfresh
08-07-2007, 03:26 PM
I'm thinking --he's pissing his pants over this...

EAT MY ASSHOLE
08-07-2007, 03:45 PM
I think he ultimately only cares about the payday, and would be fine with Sammy being the guitarist or drummer if the money were the same.

Vinnie Velvet
08-07-2007, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh

Um no...he aint pissing his pants over this.

If you recall the RS interview with Dave in February, he was asked about Mike's absence and simply said "that happened long before I showed up..." or something like that. He also seemed very confident and stoked about the band with Wolfie.

So, we shall see and hear just how good they really are with the kid.

sadaist
08-07-2007, 04:40 PM
I hope if there is a press conference that this is one of the questions asked. Along with new album? Live video? Songs & video from the vault?

Jérôme Frenchise
08-07-2007, 04:54 PM

Yeah, if (once again) there's an actual tour coming, there's still the background vocals issue going.
But, and it's odd no one ever mentions it here - though I'm aware that M.A. was the key to it -, Ed did the background voices at the same time.
For somebody self-insured enough on bass and able to sing high enough (and in key), is it that hard to render the real stuff on stage?
I mean, it's not the bass lines that must be most hard to play, but the vocals Anthony did. Can Wolfie sing? It would be amazing if he couldn't, wouldn't it? :confused:

diamondD
08-07-2007, 06:19 PM
I would have to think that with all the spotlight on this tour, Dave would probably prefer to have Mike over there, simply because he knows Mike can get the job done. You don't have to worry about Mike showing up and ready to play. There aren't as many unknowns.

Terry
08-07-2007, 09:29 PM
Somebody here (believe it was MAX, but not 100% sure on that) said that the audiences will be so busy shouting out the choruses that MA's absence won't be much of an issue once the band takes the stage...

Suppose if it has to be one CVH member sitting it out, MA is the logical choice. AVH not being there isn't realistic. I'd just as soon they all be there, but if Wolfie playing bass is gonna keep the Van Halens satisfied then the exception needs to be made if the ultimate design is to get back onstage with Dave.

Think if anything gave Roth some pause it would have been the way the whole RnRHoF thing was aborted, along with Ed going off to rehab; all of it smacked of a bit of abruptness, but maybe that game plan was in place a couple of months before it happened and the way the news trickled out just made it all seem more sudden than it actually was to those involved in it.

Doubt Dave was too unhappy with MA not being there, because if it really were "all or nothing" with him regarding the reunion lineup, he would have stood his ground, took a walk and told us all about it in an interview.

Hate to resort to a cliche, but the silence from all of them is deafening. Then again, what else is new?

sadaist
08-07-2007, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Terry
Somebody here (believe it was MAX, but not 100% sure on that) said that the audiences will be so busy shouting out the choruses that MA's absence won't be much of an issue once the band takes the stage...

Live shows, you won't miss MA that much. The backing vocals are drowned out anyways. Where he will be missed is if there is ever another studio album.

vh rides again
08-07-2007, 09:48 PM
he might miss mike for about 1 second.
i dont think in daves mind its about the money.
i think its about the glory and fame, walking on a big stage again and hearing the chears and admiration from his fans.

im sure hes had many a night where he walked out on a stage and said what the fuck,im david lee roth, played for hundreds of thousands at a pop, and now im on a stage in podunk sucksville playing for 5 thousand.
that has had to hurt his ego. hes got cash,i dont care what anyone says.
its all about him, and the glory and fame.

and soon he will be in the center of it again, i just hope he can control his ego and realize hes the luckiest motherfucker to ever walk the earth and decide he wants to hang on to it.

TAKIN WHISKEY
08-07-2007, 11:53 PM
It has to be about the magic created with Ed too. They both fuckin know it. Weather it be in the studio or live, they are a duo that is second to none.

Kilkmaru
08-08-2007, 12:10 AM
the main forum page wont load for me

TAKIN WHISKEY
08-08-2007, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Kilkmaru
the main forum page wont load for me

Where are you now?

Kilkmaru
08-08-2007, 12:16 AM
i got here from the main page. Main VH/DLR Discussion will not load lol

TAKIN WHISKEY
08-08-2007, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Kilkmaru
i got here from the main page. Main VH/DLR Discussion will not load lol

Sometimes it's slow. Earlier today I was having trouble getting on Main as well. Try closing out all together, and re enter the site. Then again, you may have accidentally entered the Twilight Zone.

TAKIN WHISKEY
08-08-2007, 12:40 AM
The year is 2007! LOL

binnie
08-08-2007, 04:23 AM
There comes a point in life where you realize that you can't have everything in life and you settle for "near enough". Maybe Dave's got to that point with Van Halen, but who really knows?

I'm sure he'd rather have Mike there, but as to whether he's gripped with rage over the latter's abscence, I doubt it.

Nickdfresh
08-08-2007, 05:00 AM
He's gonna miss the backing vocals, and he's going to resent being surrounded by the Van Halen family...

fryingdutchman
08-08-2007, 05:36 AM
He's gonna miss the backing vocals, and he's going to resent being surrounded by the Van Halen family...

I think you hit the nail on the head there, Nick.

The feeling of being nothing more than a "hired gun" or "ringer" to draw the crowds will be amplified with another Van Halen family member on the stage.

But...we take what we can get....

delta5150
08-08-2007, 06:21 AM
If Dave was really against Ma's absence, the tour would have been put on hold until he came back or he would have walked out. No question.

I do think Wolfie can handle the vocals, EVH hinted on Howard Stern programme (when he talked about how he cured cancer..) that Wolfie could do more than just play bass.

Also, I'm sure Wolfie will add some killer bass fills to the classics. Sounds, a bit cheesy, but I think Dave must be really happy to be involved in what is the future of VH (Wolfie)

I got this image that Wolfie will blow us away, could be one of the reasons that they have kept this really quiet. If you got something interesting to show, you're better off hiding it until the last moment.

gunnyhighway
08-08-2007, 06:41 AM
i dont think dave is missing mike much, cos remember the sam and/vs dave tour in 2002: MA formed a happy couple with the tequila guy, not with dave. they hardly spoke to each other. plus afterwards mike sed in an interview that he couldnt imagine that dave could manage to get into shape in order to front VH on tour. so there's not much sympathy between the two guys... i just hope eddie is conscious enuff about his son's abilities. at that age, many musicians turned professional already, but they didnt have to play under such bright spotlights, although dave + ed will get most of the attention of the audience. good luck, wolfie!

08-08-2007, 08:28 AM
Hey Remember, Dave`s early solo tours, I have heard some on bootlegs, They sound great, the set lists were at least 60% van halen and don`t include Michael on backing vocals. Bill Wyman was replaced by a 19 year old, unknown, bass player, before the biggest grossing rock tour of all time (Voodoo Lounge 1994). I think this new blood might be a good thing! Michael does look scary with the same clothes he`s worn for 30+ years, and that hill billie mullet!

diamondD
08-08-2007, 08:34 AM
Dave's probably less worried about Mike being out as he is about himself being back "in" officially.

bueno bob
08-08-2007, 09:29 AM
I'd imagine David's train of thought right about now is "Oh well, it's better than nothing, I guess."

Of course, for those of us who see it as nothing more than just another watered-down, half-assed Eddie Van Halen-lead version of a what he wants his psuedo-Van Halen to be this week, it might as well be nothing. David's just there to sell some tickets, just the same as he was there in '96 to sell the best of album. Once again, Ed's dangled the carrot and Dave's acted like a rabbit.

Frankly, I'm to the point I'd rather have the memories than to watch them piss all over the legacy any further. Fuck all of them. My money's staying the fuck home and I'll just listen to my MP3 player. I've got plenty of good REAL Van Halen tunes on that.

I honestly care as much about this tour as I did about the Spamella Special 2004...which is to say not in the least...

fryingdutchman
08-08-2007, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
I'd imagine David's train of thought right about now is "Oh well, it's better than nothing, I guess."

Of course, for those of us who see it as nothing more than just another watered-down, half-assed Eddie Van Halen-lead version of a what he wants his psuedo-Van Halen to be this week, it might as well be nothing. David's just there to sell some tickets, just the same as he was there in '96 to sell the best of album. Once again, Ed's dangled the carrot and Dave's acted like a rabbit.

Frankly, I'm to the point I'd rather have the memories than to watch them piss all over the legacy any further. Fuck all of them. My money's staying the fuck home and I'll just listen to my MP3 player. I've got plenty of good REAL Van Halen tunes on that.

I honestly care as much about this tour as I did about the Spamella Special 2004...which is to say not in the least...

Damn, Bob!!

You're gonna draw some fire for that, but the cool thing is I know that you don't give a shit!

Some excellent points in there, and something to chew on for those who can maintain some realistic perspective and realize that you can still be critical and be a Roth fan at the same time.

Good stuff!

fryingdutchman
08-08-2007, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by delta5150
I do think Wolfie can handle the vocals, EVH hinted on Howard Stern programme (when he talked about how he cured cancer..) that Wolfie could do more than just play bass.

I don't think any comments made by Eddie between 2003 and the first quarter of this year should be given any weight. Wasn't that also the same interview where Eddie referred to his son as "sexy?" That's a little fucked up...even in jest.

He was probably trashed 90% of the time and didn't know what the fuck he was saying. Remember...the pic below is the version of Eddie that made those comments...

http://www.lgdlv.com/72090808.jpg

All judgement should be reserved until the kid actually performs.

I hope to God he's good...or at least "serviceable."

bueno bob
08-08-2007, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by fryingdutchman
Damn, Bob!!

You're gonna draw some fire for that, but the cool thing is I know that you don't give a shit!

Some excellent points in there, and something to chew on for those who can maintain some realistic perspective and realize that you can still be critical and be a Roth fan at the same time.

Good stuff!

Drawing fire??? ME?!?!?!?

That'd be a first, hunh...

;)

Vinnie Velvet
08-08-2007, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by sadaist
Live shows, you won't miss MA that much. The backing vocals are drowned out anyways. Where he will be missed is if there is ever another studio album.

Actually it would be easier to duplicate the backing vox on an album, with a little studio magic.

Vinnie Velvet
08-08-2007, 09:49 AM

I'm sure Dave had already thought about that way back in December 2006.

But then he's heard and played with the band --- something we have yet to see and hear.

If it didn't sound good, we wouldn't be on the verge of a press conference on Monday.

binnie
08-08-2007, 09:55 AM

Damn Bob, I'm laughing so hard!

I think it was the "Spamella Special" that got me :)

frankfasteddie
08-08-2007, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
I'm sure Dave had already thought about that way back in December 2006.

But then he's heard and played with the band --- something we have yet to see and hear.

If it didn't sound good, we wouldn't be on the verge of a press conference on Monday.

Correctamundo....Dave isn't walking into some half assed gig.

And for those of you who haven't heard any cvh bootlegs then pick some up because old mike sounds like a chimp taking it in the ass half the time. As for a studio produced album you could make a mute sound good with today's technology. Dave ain't worried so neither am I!

Hyman Roth
08-08-2007, 11:58 AM

Exactly!! And what a nice girl you have in your sig.

Oxford
08-08-2007, 05:53 PM
Dave is going to look out for himself and the only one he has to worry about is Eddie and Alex moods swings.Michael Anthony dissed Dave numerous times and then had the never to ask Dave to jam with him during the Dave and Sammy tour.Dave was freaking smart not to jam with Michael on that tour.So bottomline I am sure for sentimental he would like Michael to be aboard but Michael has done some backstabbing of his own as well and made his bed and now has to suffer the consequences of his words.

Nickdfresh
08-08-2007, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
Actually it would be easier to duplicate the backing vox on an album, with a little studio magic.

I'm sorry man, but the thought of piping in Mike's studio vocals from the six is just gayer than Liberace's sequined pants and frilly shirts...

Yeah, I know bands like U2 do it all of the time. But at least the guy's piped in singing are also singing on the stage, and haven't been fucked over...

Nickdfresh
08-08-2007, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Oxford
...but Michael has done some backstabbing of his own as well and made his bed and now has to suffer the consequences of his words.

Dude, that's complete bullshit. And if that's the criteria, why is Roth there? Hasn't he stabbed Edwad in the back?

Oh yeah, maybe Ed feels guilty for stabbing him back in spades with a fucking chainsaw, especially in 1996...

Fuck Ed. He's a complete cocksucker, and I refuse to blame Mike for anything other than maybe letting Ed fuck him over in 2004 - cutting out of the actual Van Halen family..er...band. (I guess I'm getting as cuntfused as Ed over the conceptualization of what the difference is...) And then making him a "paid player," which makes me sick to think that Dave probably has a similar arrangement.

Terry
08-08-2007, 08:30 PM
Van Halen has been a band without any creative future for so long now...sadly that's not gonna change, regardless of what happens with the Van Halens touring with Roth this year (or next year, or never).

For me, new material is something that's gonna goad my interest. Short of that, I can't honestly say that MA being there or not really makes a helluva lotta difference. Would have to imagine Roth feels the same.

Panamark
08-08-2007, 10:37 PM
Im betting Dave would be as happy as Mike
was when Dave wasnt there...

Didnt see Mikey shedding too many tears
in the Spammy/Ga y years...

bueno bob
08-09-2007, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by Hyman Roth
Exactly!! And what a nice girl you have in your sig.

Well let's pull up onto the sidewalk for ANOTHER look!

:)

Nitro Express
08-09-2007, 03:48 AM
Dave is estatic. Everyone that liked Sammy is now gone.

gunnyhighway
08-09-2007, 04:08 AM
dutchman, u r rite about ed's talking before the rehab thing - he was really out of it... i guess there was a constant fog caused by alcohol in his head so that he was talking and thinking only bullshit at that time. the pics from that period say enuff!

vh rides again
08-11-2007, 07:16 AM

Fuck Ed. He's a complete cocksucker, and I refuse to blame Mike for anything other than maybe letting Ed fuck him over in 2004 - cutting out of the actual Van Halen family..er...band. (I guess I'm getting as cuntfused as Ed over the conceptualization of what the difference is...) And then making him a "paid player," which makes me sick to think that Dave probably has a similar arrangement. i can remember some years back,dave talking about money and the vh brothers.
he was talking about a fair cut and saying that he wasnt getting 25 percent in royalties. but i would be willing to bet that he is getting 25%
now,i doubt he is a hired gun.
after all this really is about him this time,isnt it?.
i couldnt believe that he is the lowest paid person on that stage,its gotta be 25%. if its not he should tell everyone to suck his teabag.

TheRothMan
08-11-2007, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by diamondD
I would have to think that with all the spotlight on this tour, Dave would probably prefer to have Mike over there, simply because he knows Mike can get the job done. You don't have to worry about Mike showing up and ready to play. There aren't as many unknowns.

Agreed. It's kind of like fucking you neighbors wife. Yeah, she has bigger tits, but it just ain't right!

ROTHisGOD
08-11-2007, 11:45 PM
Yes!

Apocalypso
08-12-2007, 01:59 AM
Do I think Dave is happy Mike's out?

Considering he never called Mike by name in his book and Mike's publicly stated he was stunned (and not in a happy way) when he saw Dave at 5150 when they got together for the '96 MTV reunion telecast, I think Dave probably thought for a minute tops, that losing Mike was no more a dealbreaker on rejoining Van Halen than losing his solo band. For convenience's sake, I bet he'd rather have Mike in the band instead of Wolfgang, but fuck it, huh?

My take on the Mike situation is this.........

He was a significant component to the band's live presentation back in the day. You go and look on YouTube and dig up those old raw clips and in some songs, especially from the Diver Down tour onwards, he really carried a lot of the vocals. Getting one guy to play his decent but mostly unspectacular bass parts *and* do those nut squeezed backing vocals is a tough call. Dave never really found a single replacement in any of his solo bands that really carried it off.

I don't think Wolfbassboy can do it all. From all accounts, he'll be up there plunkin' away on the bass on step away from shittin' his drawers but he's not gonna be truly singing backup as well. Edward? He sounds like a cross between Roger waters and Lemmy form Motorhead these days. Not a good choice to sing backup on Dance The Night Away, imo. IMO, the honest thing for the band to do, sucky though it may be would be to get a trio of bimbos up there on the drum riser singing those harmonies. Using pre-recorded samples or worse, old samples of Mike is just flat out gay, I don't care how many bands do it. Van Halen isn't U fuckin' 2. Van Halen used to be 4 guys playing raw hard n' fast rock n' roll. No click tracks, no samples, no bullshit. They never had a producer like Brian Eno overdubbing 30 processed to hell guitars and enough sound effects to fill a casino on every song which meant they had to have "help" onstage to make the songs sound halfway like they should.

But hey, that said, I'm a realist. I don't make the decisions on who stays or goes in Van Halen or how they present their music on a stage. I got my glory years from '77 - '84 and even if it was the four original guys on stage this tour, it still wouldn't be anything close to what I saw back then. Nowadays, I check out maybe half a dozen "big" concerts a year outside of the occasional local band. There's very little out there that comes close to what I was used to seeing decades ago so even a 3/4ths reunion is entertainment enough for me. I don't need to piss and moan about how some guy got shafted in some fuckin' rock n' roll band on a daily basis. Fuck that noise.

I just wanna be entertained. Even if it's a trainwreck of epic proportions. I'm sure it'll beat falling asleep in the middle of the Genesis reunion.

T.B.

thome
08-12-2007, 04:03 AM
Great post.

Here's some more.

ED went into rehab at Daves suggestion .(mop)Dave don't play with hacks or
Musicians who can't haul thier side.

I thought Ed was 3/4 dead when I saw him onstage with Chesney.

Music in the box little twit, no different than Brittney really doesn't deserve Ed up on stage granting them "Cred"Ed must have been HIGH!

Then the tour anouncement "We will be on the road in two months ."

Anyone who believed that... I got some Swamp land in Florida for ya.

It takes about a year to put this kind of band on the road. It probably takes two months to put a garage band on the road .

So my guess is VH came to these conclusions (tour agreement) for a reunion oct 06 or before.

When Dave saw ED in studio and meetings he probably was quite dissapointed and worried more for his -brothers- life than any tour.

I believe Dave can party harder than five of us but like I have learned
after many years of FUKKIN UP,Work first, Play later.Has kept Dave in top shape.

IT"S Business, It's a job,And the paycheck is worth a little suffering away from the bottle or rig or pipe.

I will never cut MA down, he worked as much as Roth, he went with Spam after VH dried up and has been on the road with his own band also, so work ethic wise, he has my vote for good dude.

I do feel that MA
and Roth have more bad blood perhaps than Ed and Dave had.

I do believe that MA and The Hagg like each other and MA may have been a problem for Roth/Van reunions because of his frienship with Spam.

So This Group of VH is by far the best in 23 YEARS if it works it will work very well.

There is also a future for a all CVH reunion someday.

I will take ED clean and sober all about business with Roth any day of the week, Alex on drums and any quality Bassman they can find.

frets5150
08-12-2007, 04:51 AM
Originally posted by vh rides again
i dont think in daves mind its about the money

Come on man who you kiddin I read they were gettin 70 million bucks for just a US tour alone.Back in the day when they were hungry they would play for free.Now it's just a Cash Grab nothing more and I still say it won't last more than 15 shows.

:mad:

1971Quarter
08-12-2007, 10:10 AM
F bass player
F Sammy

Dave rocked out with the EEAS band without bass player. Bass player only encouraged the anti-Dave feelings and band direction. Besides, bass player sucks

Nickdfresh
08-12-2007, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by 1971Quarter
F bass player
F Sammy

Dave rocked out with the EEAS band without bass player.

For two whole albums?:D

Bass player only encouraged the anti-Dave feelings and band direction. Besides, bass player sucks

And WTF is this based on?

You actually think Mike was the one who secret harbored anti-Dave feelings?

Really?

Gee, I thought is was spEd and Alice that bent Dave over after the 1996 debacle. I think Mike has mostly had nice things to say about Dave, and has talked about the "magic" of playing with him...

Look mommy, more self-serving revisionist history bullshit...

Again, you don't care if Mike isn't there, fine. Have fun at the show, if they make it to your town.

But you clowns cant stop pretending that "Mike doesn't deserve to be there," and that Ed wouldn't fuck Dave raw like he has Mike, like he has before...

Dave's lyrics in "Can't Get This Stuff No More" are ever more prophetic...

Nickdfresh
08-12-2007, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Apocalypso

I just wanna be entertained. Even if it's a trainwreck of epic proportions. I'm sure it'll beat falling asleep in the middle of the Genesis reunion.

T.B.

"Where the F*ck is Peter Gabriel?"

:D

Nickdfresh
08-12-2007, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by frets5150
Come on man who you kiddin I read they were gettin 70 million bucks for just a US tour alone.Back in the day when they were hungry they would play for free.Now it's just a Cash Grab nothing more and I still say it won't last more than 15 shows.

:mad:

It ain't gonna be that much. That's based on projection$ for 50+ shows...

I've heard it's probably only gonna be 12-15 to start with. And there's no way promoters are chomping at the bit for three 50-somethings that have along track record of not getting along, and the sixteen-year-old son that has little experience of any note replacing a key component of the sound...

Speculations of gigs at "Giant's Stadium" are completely ludicrous at this point...

tajmahal
08-12-2007, 12:08 PM
I thought MA had said that when they tried to get back together in 2000 Daves ego got the best of him and they could not finish the album or tour even though Dave needed the money?

Nickdfresh
08-12-2007, 01:01 PM
He also said Dave was fighting with Ed over some Chemical Bros. shit Dave was trying to hoist on them...

He also said jamming with Dave was "magic."

Ed also said Dave told him, "tonight is not about your fucking hip, man! It's about ME!"

So why the double standard?

Why the instant forgiveness of one of the most (almost universally acknowledged) dicks in rock -Edward Van Halen...

08-12-2007, 02:08 PM
Bantonelli, you said Dave does not where a hair weave now, that he`s had a hair transplant, when was this, and how do you know? It looks cool by the way. I just want to now how he`s had it fixed!

Vinnie Velvet
08-12-2007, 03:33 PM
I for one could really care less about this whole Mike situation related to this tour.

It doesn't faze me whatsoever that he's not gonna be there.

If Mike was kicked out in 96 for a Dave reunion, I'd be really pissed off like some of you are now.

But I know it should've happened then, but it didnt. Heck, it should've happened in 2000, again, it didn't.

So, ya know, I say fuck it. I'm curious to see how this all sounds and works out.
I don't get all bent out of shape anymore over this band and whatever they do fine, if it sounds good it is good. If not, then I'd be the first to say so.

It does make me wonder though and is ironic that after those attempts at a reunion with Dave, it never happened. Now we're getting it and its without Mike.

???

diamondsgirl
08-12-2007, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Panamark
Im betting Dave would be as happy as Mike
was when Dave wasnt there...

Didnt see Mikey shedding too many tears
in the Spammy/Ga y years...

Exactly. Mike never gave a shit about Dave. He didn't say anything... all those years Dave wanted back in.

So, fuck him. Now its Dave's turn to not say anything.

And of course now (or within the last year), being a Hagar-parrot, Mike is bashing Dave and blaming Dave for everything that ever went wrong. LMAO.

Considering he is incapable of original thought, he should have kept his sauce-hole shut.

thome
08-12-2007, 10:55 PM
Seaking for someone I do not know and putting words in his mouth without his ...whatev'e?

I would say from years of diggin the dude, Dave doesn't need money you all act like he is broke down dirty dressed in rags.

Maybe he would like some more as we all do but need really wierds me out .

the dudes house is worth 2.5 mil from what it looks like and location.
more than likely paid off years ago.

I say anyone who sais this is a cash grab formed from hungry need of cash is a Hagargerdly dik dasterdly fan with a chip.

c'mon

djeveled
08-20-2007, 08:09 AM
I got this image that Wolfie will blow us away, could be one of the reasons that they have kept this really quiet. If you got something interesting to show, you're better off hiding it until the last moment.

When they made Godzilla 2000, they would not release pics of the "new" Godzilla even though they said it was the most amazing Godzilla ever.

When they were making Batman & Robin, they would not show pics of Mr. Freeze because it was so cool we couldn't handle it.

They are keeping this quiet for a reason, and the reason is that Wolfie is a just 16 year old kid and Michael Anthony has an E-string older than him.

I wish Wolfboy luck. He has a long way to go to get the experience that MA has.

BITEYOASS
08-20-2007, 09:32 AM
I don't why everyone is having a bitch fit about Michael Anthony not being in the band.

1. He wanted to play for team Cabo Wabo.

2. I don't hear anyone bitching about Mike Stone not playing Bass in the band.

dave_is_vh
08-20-2007, 11:39 AM
Dave hates Sammy. Mike and Sammy love each other. Dave does not like Mike. You think Dave could give a rat's ass about Mike's absence? I am sure he is thinking "good riddance".

I agree with those that say Dave is in it for the glory not the money.

I also agree with those that say Dave will not like being the only non family member in the band.

bueno bob
08-20-2007, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by dave_is_vh
Dave does not like Mike. You think Dave could give a rat's ass about Mike's absence? I am sure he is thinking "good riddance".

I agree with those that say Dave is in it for the glory not the money.

I also agree with those that say Dave will not like being the only non family member in the band.

Who told you David doesn't like Mike?

Ask yourself this - is he in it for the "glory" of another 75% Van Halen lineup, or is he there because this is about the only option available to him?

Warham
08-20-2007, 04:50 PM
Dave might like Mike, but for some reason he can never remember his name. Therefore, he will always be known as 'Bass Player'!

Nickdfresh
08-20-2007, 04:57 PM
I'm not sure, but I think Dave mentioned his name at the press conference...

And the whole "bassplayer" shtick came from Dave being pissed off over the back catalogue sales-royalties...

Warham
08-20-2007, 05:10 PM
Yeah, he did mention him by name at the press conference, which was surprising.

I've never found Michael Anthony to be all that talented, and he's become more annoying over the years, beginning in 1986.

I'm not really sure all of his album work pre-1984 in the Van Halen catalogue, particularly the Fair Warning album, is really him, especially after the hints laid down by Ed over the years.

I have a sneaking suspicion that if they continue on with a new album, Ed might 'help' Wolfgang lay down the bass tracks. Time will tell...

dave_is_vh
08-20-2007, 07:29 PM
Who told you David doesn't like Mike?

Ask yourself this - is he in it for the "glory" of another 75% Van Halen lineup, or is he there because this is about the only option available to him?

Mike said a lot of shit about Dave after Dave left the band. Dave knows that Mike would be a nobody if it wasn't for Dave. The comments were not forgotten I am sure.

This is the only option available to Dave, Ed and Al quite frankly.

And yes it is quite glorious to be 53 years old, a single rock star, playing to tens of thousands every night, and laying lots of hot 22 year olds every night.

You Michael Anthony lovers are the kind of people that would win $10 million in the lottery then get upset cause you didn't win $11 million.

Nickdfresh
08-20-2007, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by dave_is_vh
Mike said a lot of shit about Dave after Dave left the band. Dave knows that Mike would be a nobody if it wasn't for Dave. The comments were not forgotten I am sure.

So did Al and Ed, super-genius. I guess those comments are forgotten?

dave_is_vh
08-20-2007, 09:01 PM
Ed was absolutely essential to what made Van Halen great. Mike wasn't. Ed would be someone without Dave. Without Dave then Mike would be a nobody. If someone who would have been successful with or without you says something about you it is one thing. If someone you made successful says shit about you it is another matter.

PlexiBrown
08-21-2007, 12:02 AM
If I were Dave I would be pissed that Hagar and Anthony took it upon themselves to refer to themselves as the other half of Van Halen. It is a pretty obvious attempt by them to blow off Dave's importance to Van Halen. The other half of Van Halen......cut me a fucking break!!! Those two clowns combined are a pimple on Dave's ass on a good day for them.

DLRISVH7884
08-21-2007, 03:47 AM
Don't kid yourselfs, Dave is looking forward to the huge paycheck and getting back in the spotlight from this tour.

Dave did say something about Mikey at the press conf. He pretty much said he is part of the bands past, but they are moving on without him.

He seemed pretty happy to have Wolfie as the bass player.